• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A

Started by KingOfNothing, November 29, 2015, 05:35:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KingOfNothing

Anyone have any predictions on the Jr. High teams in this conference?

Obviously, we know Huntsvilles boys and girls will be good, as always. I've heard Lincolns boys and girls will both be good this year. Berryvilles girls will be very good if they don't move up any 9th graders, but I've heard they moved up 2 or 3 of their best 9th graders. Other than that, I don't know about the rest of the teams.

always88

Gentry has a talented group of girls, but not sure if they have a coach capable of getting the W.

KingOfNothing

Really?! I thought they just got a new coach!

always88

Jr high coach remains the same and is still trying to find his own identity as a coach.

KingOfNothing

Oh I didn't realize it was still the same guy coaching Jr High. I would imagine that's the hardest part of being a coach-- figuring out your schemes, policies, etc... Also, I would think it's hard to gain a full understanding of that while working under someone. I know nothing about their coach though, so I'm not sure the situation.

always88

This is his 3rd head coach to be under and each one has been completely different in every way possible. The current head coach is in his first year at Gentry and is well respected as a person and as a coach, he should benefit not only the girls program, but hopefully will have some influence on the boys program strictly by example.

Baller91

Gentry's Jr high boys team has a couple of really talented players, but I don't know if that is enough to get them where they need to be to compete.

Baller91

It's a shame Gentry's junior high boys don't have any guards who can get the ball in to their big men. So many lost opportunities. They played the top two teams in the conference close, but their guards can't seem to ever get the ball down the court without turning it over. Is this a coaching problem, or just lack of personnel?

Nip/Tusk

Girls champs - Lincoln
Boys - Berryville

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas