• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA at Parkway

Started by PA Dad, September 08, 2018, 04:50:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

PA travels to Bossier City, LA to play Parkway.  PA won this game last year but Parkway lost its two best players to injuries before the game.

Parkway traditionally has good teams but they may be down this year.  They are 1-0 this year.  MaxPreps ranks them No. 2453 nationally and No. 106 in Louisiana.

Parkway plays a tough schedule.  They won't be intimidated by PA.

I look for a good hard fought game.

Hogman2018

Quote from: PA Dad on September 08, 2018, 04:50:08 pm
PA travels to Bossier City, LA to play Parkway.  PA won this game last year but Parkway lost its two best players to injuries before the game.

Parkway traditionally has good teams but they may be down this year.  They are 1-0 this year.  MaxPreps ranks them No. 2453 nationally and No. 106 in Louisiana.

Parkway plays a tough schedule.  They won't be intimidated by PA.

I look for a good hard fought game. Ithink i might come to this game since Texarkana is off this week! Its only one hour drive to Parkway

Lumberjackfan1978

This should be a good game but I think PA will come out on top though

Hogman2018

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 08, 2018, 07:57:29 pm

I think I will come to this game since Texarkana is off this week! Parkway is only an hour away

Maynard G Krebs

PA offense is really off.  Defense looks pretty good.  No score nearing mid 2nd qtr with Parkway threatening to score

Maynard G Krebs

September 14, 2018, 07:43:56 pm #5 Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:00:14 pm by Maynard G Krebs
7-0. Parkway up.
Halftime
Poor performance by PA offense.  Defense is playing well

PA Bruin Fan

September 14, 2018, 08:13:55 pm #6 Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:47:28 pm by PA Bruin Fan
It will be interesting in the locker room at half time ...

Maynard G Krebs

Maynard G Krebs

Maynard G Krebs

16-14.  Parkway ahead.   Starting 4th qtr

Maynard G Krebs

Maynard G Krebs

30-14 parkway.

I will restrain from posting my thoughts.  Don't want to get banned🤨

JessieP

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 14, 2018, 09:19:40 pm
30-14 parkway.

Did PA beat PA or did Parkway win on their own merits? I'll trust your objective opinion. After all, you have never told anyone you saw me shopping for house dresses at Lane Bryant in McCain Mall. Whats the lowdown?

Top Shelf

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 14, 2018, 09:19:40 pm
30-14 parkway.

Following..

Maynard G Krebs

Parkway is no powerhouse.  PA offense played poorly. Threw a couple of interceptions and passes were off the mark all night. Even easy passes thrown in the flats weren't well placed.

Very disappointed.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on September 14, 2018, 09:25:21 pm
Did PA beat PA or did Parkway win on their own merits? I'll trust your objective opinion. After all, you have never told anyone you saw me shopping for house dresses at Lane Bryant in McCain Mall. Whats the lowdown?

Wasn't me. Never go to NLR.

Yellowcake

Pa looked flat at every position
They should not have gone down there and lost.
Just glad it doesn't impact postseason
Might be good for them.

PA Dad

I still don't know what to think of this PA team.  They looked awful in the scrimmage with  Bryant but very good against Har-Bar and Ridgeway.  I didn't see the game tonight but I can't remember any game in which they did not score a point in a half.

I think this team is young and inexperienced and will be inconsistent.  They may well lose a 5A game this year.  I still expect them to be in the hunt in late November.

Pr8hd

Was that a 28 or so in a row streak they lost? Last loss 2016 to SLC UT team.....

If you are going to have a long win streak snapped, way better to lose now than in Nov. for sure. 

Loss now means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

PA Dad

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 14, 2018, 10:31:55 pm
Was that a 28 or so in a row streak they lost? Last loss 2016 to SLC UT team.....

If you are going to have a long win streak snapped, way better to lose now than in Nov. for sure. 

Loss now means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

You are right but it's disappointing to see them lose to a team they beat handily last year when Parkway was probably much better than they are this year.

PA will still be a contender but this team does not stack up well with prior PA teams, at least not to this point in the season.   But I think PA fans expected this.

Top Shelf

Quote from: PA Dad on September 14, 2018, 10:39:06 pm
You are right but it's disappointing to see them lose to a team they beat handily last year when Parkway was probably much better than they are this year.

PA will still be a contender but this team does not stack up well with prior PA teams, at least not to this point in the season.   But I think PA fans expected this.
Look for the trend to continue. The players PA was getting are now going to Robinson

Yellowcake

Really? Name one on the current team who attended PA.

PA Dad

My memory is poor and I'm too lazy to do the research but can any PA fan remember any game in which PA didn't score a point in a half?

PA Bruin Fan

Very young quarterback and a few dropped balls by the receiving core.  O-line looked great and the defense looked outstanding (defense was on the field a lot tonight).  This is clearly not last year's Team but I think they can and will get better each game.  I still think PA should be favored to win a championship, but only by a little. 

The Future

Quote from: PA Dad on September 14, 2018, 11:23:05 pm
My memory is poor and I'm too lazy to do the research but can any PA fan remember any game in which PA didn't score a point in a half?

I gotcha PaDad!

2009 second round playoff game.
Greenwood 0
PA 0
At the end of the first half.

PA then proceeded to wear down our D and then held our O on one final drive and take over on downs to win 21-14. A very hard fought game for both teams

Hoghead2

I was at the PA vs Parkway game tonight. PA was out of sync some what. But give Parkway some credit, they were well prepared  tonight. They recovered every onside kick and returned one for almost a TD which lead to a TD. PA lead twice in the game. 8-7 and 14-13.  PA threw 3 Interceptions. One was a pick 6. PA made a push at a comeback. But Parkway held on and won. Parkway had plenty of speed and atheletes. Parkway played with its backup Qb the 2nd half. PA will still go far in the 5A playoffs. Texarkana and LR McClellan are the only 2 teams who can challenge them in 5A.

incogneto

Quote from: Hoghead2 on September 15, 2018, 12:48:55 am
I was at the PA vs Parkway game tonight. PA was out of sync some what. But give Parkway some credit, they were well prepared  tonight. They recovered every onside kick and returned one for almost a TD which lead to a TD. PA lead twice in the game. 8-7 and 14-13.  PA threw 3 Interceptions. One was a pick 6. PA made a push at a comeback. But Parkway held on and won. Parkway had plenty of speed and atheletes. Parkway played with its backup Qb the 2nd half. PA will still go far in the 5A playoffs. Texarkana and LR McClellan are the only 2 teams who can challenge them in 5A.
saving this *

Central AR

LRCA is the best team in the 5A to me. I don't see how anyone could put Texarkana ahead of them. They could of put 80+ on Greenbrier, Batesville, and Vilonia but didn't play their starters at all or very little the 2nd half of each of those games. They have multiple weapons at receiver and one of the best running backs in the state. Their secondary is much improved from last season and they finally have depth at the defensive line. Haven't even mentioned Justice Hill who has probably the highest QBR in the state.

RazorDad

Quote from: Central AR on September 15, 2018, 01:07:05 am
LRCA is the best team in the 5A to me. I don't see how anyone could put Texarkana ahead of them. They could of put 80+ on Greenbrier, Batesville, and Vilonia but didn't play their starters at all or very little the 2nd half of each of those games. They have multiple weapons at receiver and one of the best running backs in the state. Their secondary is much improved from last season and they finally have depth at the defensive line. Haven't even mentioned Justice Hill who has probably the highest QBR in the state.

+1

Pr8hd

GW fans can empathize with this statement. but PA and GW both have kids that believe and great coaches that will do the most with what they have to work with. They may not have to be as great as the teams of the past, they only have to be a few plays better than who they line up against every Friday night. Losing stinks, especially when you haven't done so in awhile, but my guess is they will still have to be dealt with in the end. Trust me, no team will be happy to see them on their side of the bracket come playoff time.

AHS06

Quote from: Central AR on September 15, 2018, 01:07:05 am
So is LRCA that good?  One could make a strong argument that Greenbrier, Batesville, and Vilonia just aren't good.  PA is still the team to beat.  Here in Texarkana we are aware of the athletes at Parkway, they are traditionally a good team and only an hour away from Texarkana.  The loss means nothing.

Vteagle

Listen folks, I laugh every time a comment is made about a certain player being the best in the state....let me refresh some memories.....Mitc Mustain!  If you recall, he played with some great D-1 players on his offense...5-6 if I am not mistaken?  When a team has 5-6 D-1 prospects on it.....people fool themselves into thinking that Tom Brady has just showed up!!!  Lets agree that LRCA has a good team that should play deep into Nov but please stop using QBR stats and stuff for this team.....hmmm, what happen to Mitch Mustain at the college level?

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on September 14, 2018, 11:47:41 pm
I gotcha PaDad!

2009 second round playoff game.
Greenwood 0
PA 0
At the end of the first half.

PA then proceeded to wear down our D and then held our O on one final drive and take over on downs to win 21-14. A very hard fought game for both teams

Thanks Future.

Bergman1820

September 15, 2018, 08:15:23 am #33 Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 08:17:09 am by Bergman1820
Quote from: incogneto on September 15, 2018, 12:53:40 am
saving this *

Me too!

incogneto

I am disappointed that PA lost.  Wanted to see two undefeated teams matched up in a couple of weeks. 

InYoGrill

The 5A SW legend. Great thoughts Hoghead. Sorry to see your Bobcats struggling so bad.

Central AR

Quote from: Vteagle on September 15, 2018, 07:45:02 am
Listen folks, I laugh every time a comment is made about a certain player being the best in the state....let me refresh some memories.....Mitc Mustain!  If you recall, he played with some great D-1 players on his offense...5-6 if I am not mistaken?  When a team has 5-6 D-1 prospects on it.....people fool themselves into thinking that Tom Brady has just showed up!!!  Lets agree that LRCA has a good team that should play deep into Nov but please stop using QBR stats and stuff for this team.....hmmm, what happen to Mitch Mustain at the college level?

The Springdale Five turned out to be vastly overrated. Williams, Mustain, and Malzahn propelled the others who really had no business playing power 5 football. We see so many high school super stars never pan out in college for multiple reasons. It's obvious Mustain didn't love football enough to put the work in college because it's a different beast. If you have any football knowledge, it was obvious he was the best player in the state and one of the best in the nation in his time at Springdale. His problems post high school were more off the field than anything. It's funny when people mention his supporting cast at SD when he really propelled most of the others  with that system

makessense

Quote from: Top Shelf on September 14, 2018, 10:50:22 pm
Look for the trend to continue. The players PA was getting are now going to Robinson

I know of one player that left PA last year that is now playing at Robinson.  It has happened in years past as well.  The starting QB at LRCA left PA after the 6th grade and the starting QB at Bryant left PA just before the start of his sophomore year. 

Rocket23

Justice left PA after the fourth or fifth grade because his dad coached the 5th/6th grade team at LRCA.

Yellowcake

Quote from: makessense on September 15, 2018, 02:30:36 pm
I know of one player that left PA last year that is now playing at Robinson.  It has happened in years past as well.  The starting QB at LRCA left PA after the 6th grade and the starting QB at Bryant left PA just before the start of his sophomore year.

After the 6th grade
Bryant qb knew he wouldn't beat out Hatcher
Still don't know who the player was that went to Robinson, but I guess I will take your word for it.

But the point trying to be made was that PA was "down" because of defections to Robinson, which was simply a false, baseless and  uninformed statement.

Hoghead2

Quote from: Central AR on September 15, 2018, 10:23:18 am
The Springdale Five turned out to be vastly overrated. Williams, Mustain, and Malzahn propelled the others who really had no business playing power 5 football. We see so many high school super stars never pan out in college for multiple reasons. It's obvious Mustain didn't love football enough to put the work in college because it's a different beast. If you have any football knowledge, it was obvious he was the best player in the state and one of the best in the nation in his time at Springdale. His problems post high school were more off the field than anything. It's funny when people mention his supporting cast at SD when he really propelled most of the others  with that system
Damien Williams was the best player on that team. He wasn't overrated.  Maybe underappreciated though. He started at Arkansas and USC which propelled him into the NFL. He got the most and best out of his talent.

incogneto

September 16, 2018, 07:40:19 am #41 Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 07:42:23 am by incogneto
Quote from: Yellowcake on September 16, 2018, 12:33:26 am
After the 6th grade
Bryant qb knew he wouldn't beat out Hatcher
Still don't know who the player was that went to Robinson, but I guess I will take your word for it.

But the point trying to be made was that PA was "down" because of defections to Robinson, which was simply a false, baseless and  uninformed statement.
He is referring to Miles Fell. 

PA Bruin Fan

Parkway had two starters that didn't play in the game last year because of injuries (QB and WR) and another that had to play both sides (S and WR) to make up for the lack of quality receivers, so I think it's a huge stretch to say the team we played last year was far better than this group.  Parkway was athletic and well coached.  They clearly prepared for onside kicks and knew to blitz our young QB all night.  I'm not letting PA off the hook for this loss because I know they can play better.  Just giving PW some credit as this could (and I stress "could") be the best team PA faces all season. 

RCWarrior2020

Lot of things flying around this weekend, I will throw my $.02 in.

Kids leaving PA - Fells was kicked out of school and landed at Robinson.  Whatever he did, doesn't matter all that much now I guess, the Naval Academy decided it was not serious enough to bypass him.  Page is one who was shown the door at two places (LRCA and Catholic) and ended up at Robinson.  Robinson is plan B for these kids, and that's not a knock on Robinson.  If you haven't been out there lately the facilities are all new and extremely nice.

Hefley saw the writing on the wall with Hatcher and went to Bryant.

Hill (Hill's Daddy) also saw the writing on the wall and knew 3-4 years of playing QB was not going to happen at PA with Hatcher firmly entrenched there.  So moved out to Highway 10 to play football and build a basketball powerhouse and where Daddy could meddle and stick his nose into everything.  One year at QB and still waiting on the basketball part.....

Onto better subject so: this LRCA team has looked very solid so far. Now that conference play is starting we will see how the team stacks up against some tougher competition.  The defense is much improved, and #s 23/21 really coming into their own, maybe this is the year it all comes together.

Lumberjackfan1978

Yellowcake

Quote from: RCWarrior2020 on September 16, 2018, 08:51:20 am
Lot of things flying around this weekend, I will throw my $.02 in.

Kids leaving PA - Fells was kicked out of school and landed at Robinson.  Whatever he did, doesn't matter all that much now I guess, the Naval Academy decided it was not serious enough to bypass him.  Page is one who was shown the door at two places (LRCA and Catholic) and ended up at Robinson.  Robinson is plan B for these kids, and that's not a knock on Robinson.  If you haven't been out there lately the facilities are all new and extremely nice.

Hefley saw the writing on the wall with Hatcher and went to Bryant.

Hill (Hill's Daddy) also saw the writing on the wall and knew 3-4 years of playing QB was not going to happen at PA with Hatcher firmly entrenched there.  So moved out to Highway 10 to play football and build a basketball powerhouse and where Daddy could meddle and stick his nose into everything.  One year at QB and still waiting on the basketball part.....

Onto better subject so: this LRCA team has looked very solid so far. Now that conference play is starting we will see how the team stacks up against some tougher competition.  The defense is much improved, and #s 23/21 really coming into their own, maybe this is the year it all comes together.

2 cents that were well spent. All spot on.

See ya in two weeks!! Gonna be a great atmosphere!

TalkTruth16

Actually, "Hill's daddy" did not take Justice out of LRCA because of any sports situation. If you knew your facts, Justice enrolled in LRCA in the 5th grade with 6 other buddies he'd grown up with. One already being at LRCA, the other 5 joining him. If Hill's daddy wanted Justice to be the star QB so badly for 4 years, he wouldn't have let Justice sit out of football his sophomore year.
Everybody talks so poorly about a kid that does nothing but good just because all he's had is success and you "know it all's" think you know everything that he's done poorly.

incogneto

Quote from: Vteagle on September 15, 2018, 07:45:02 am
What I laugh at is fans saying a loss means nothing.  I bet it meant something to PA players just like Texarkana losing to Texas High and will mean something to them going forward. 

Hogman2018

PA will be ok!  I was at the game against Parkway they have athletes all over the field! Kelley not punting when he should have and onside kick everytime back fired on PA gave up real good field position! LRC would of got beat by Parkway they are whole lot better than the teams they played

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: incogneto on September 16, 2018, 07:40:19 am
He is referring to Miles Fell.

Can't be Myles if he said left last year.  Myles is in his sophomore year at the Naval Academy and played junior and senior seasons at Robinson.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas