• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Week 1 Fan Poll

Started by AT, August 25, 2018, 11:58:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

August 25, 2018, 11:58:26 am Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:04:27 pm by Almatrackster
Most of you know the drill, if you don't, here's a rundown:

You can vote, yes you. I used to have a # of post minimum, but found that some good posters with small number of posts will vote. I reserve the right to throw out any troll attempts at a poll. If you make duplicate accounts to make two good polls to help your team get a higher ranking on forum fan poll, you've already lost.

This poll will be open until WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29TH

After polls are closed and all have been submitted, I will count the points (10 points for 1st, 9 for 2nd..etc) for each admissible poll and release the rankings.

I don't do ties. What I mean is that I have less time to do this each and every year, so I like to streamline the process as much as possible, so that means if you put:

8. Alma
8. Morrilton

I'm going to give Alma the 8th slot for you and Morrilton the 9th slot. I've found that when fans do this, the teams they list first are the ones they think are better anyways.

Let me know if you have questions. Here is my official vote and maybe a good format for you to use:

1. Pulaski Academy - Just beat a 7A West power like a 2A school. Yeah they are staying here.

2. Harrison - Mercy ruled a team that has been great in the 4A the past few years.

3. Little Rock Christian - Dismantled a Batesville team that is historically great in 5A.

4. Texarkana - Beat a solid 4A team by two scores. Little worried about their defense but SC is known for offense.

5. Wynne - Open. Nothing to say.

6. McClellan - Honestly, they may deserve to be higher, but I just can't draw a conclusion from Dollarway. It might as well have been an Open Week for them.

7. Alma - Open, nothing to say.

8. Maumelle - Open, nothing to say.

9. Morrilton - I think they played a solid 6A team close for awhile and are still trying to find footing after losing Criswell. Don't want to punish them too much yet.

10. Camden Fairview - Open, nothing to say.

Just missed for me: Parkview, Greenbrier

PA Dad

There is always lots of uncertainty this early in the year.  My poll is changing quite a bit.  That will probably be true for the next 3-4 weeks.

1.   PA - I read way too much into a very poor showing in the scrimmage.  I should have known better.

2.    Texarkana-  I'm not sure we learned much from the win over Shiloh but they are a contender.

3.    Little Rock Christian-  speed, speed and more speed.

4.    Harrison - best of the West?

5.    LR McClellan - Moody will have them in contention.

6.    Alma -  should challenge Harrison and Morrilton.

7.    LR Parkview-  moving up because I am removing both Wynne and Batesville from my top 10.

8.    Maumelle-  another wait and see team

9.    Morrilton-  losing Criswell hurt them badly.

10.   Camden Fairview-  the South looks strong this year.

This is the first poll I have ever submitted that lists no team from the East.  I hope the East steps up with some good teams this year but it doesn't look good now.

athletic supporter

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Texarkana
3. LR Christian
4. LR McClellan
5. Harrison
6. Alma
7. Morrilton
8. Camden Fairview
9. Parkview
10. Greenbrier

DEVIL DOG HOG

1. Pulaski Academy
2. LR Christian
3. Harrison
4. LR McClellan
5. Texarkana
6. Alma
7. Maumelle
8. Camden Fairview
9. Morrilton
10.Greenbrier

Jimmy1995

1. LR McClellan
2. Pulaski Academy
3. LR Christian
4. Texarkana
5. Harrison
6. LR Parkview
7. Morrilton
8. Alma
9. Wynne
10. Maumelle

PA Dad

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on August 25, 2018, 01:09:30 pm
1. LR McClellan
2. Pulaski Academy
3. LR Christian
4. Texarkana
5. Harrison
6. LR Parkview
7. Morrilton
8. Alma
9. Wynne
10. Maumelle

Jimmy it's good to see that your faith in McClellan is unshaken!

Jimmy1995

I've been pretty spot on , last couple years. Why not keep it going this year.
Quote from: PA Dad on August 25, 2018, 01:16:15 pm
Jimmy it's good to see that your faith in McClellan is unshaken!

Overdahill

1. PA
2. LRCA
3. LR McClellan
4. Texarkana
5. Harrison
6. Parkview
7. Alma
8. MoTown
9. CFV
10. Greenbrier

PA Dad

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on August 25, 2018, 01:29:05 pm
I've been pretty spot on , last couple years. Why not keep it going this year.

You absolutely have been right even when most of us thought you were nuts.

Hogman2018

Alma you realize Texarkana was one play away from putting the mercy rule on Shiloh we were ahead 42 to 14!! Then we started subbing  in the 2nd half and they scored 24 pts in the last 14 minutes of the game! Plus we had over 20 penalties called on us !

incogneto

Texarkana fans are winning the hurt feelings award early on.  Ok ok we get it you beat Shiloh. 

RazorDad

1.  LR Christian
2.  Morrilton
3.  LR McClellan
4.  LR Parkview
5.  Pulaski Academy
6.  Alma
7.  Texarkana
8.  Harrison
9.  Greenbrier
10. Wynne

AHS06

Quote from: incogneto on August 25, 2018, 11:11:37 pm
Texarkana fans are winning the hurt feelings award early on.  Ok ok we get it you beat Shiloh.
I wasn't impressed with Shiloh. I'm more interested to see how the Hogs perform over the next two weeks.  Point of the matter is the game was never close and instead of the mercy rule the second half was used for conditioning, getting more reps, basically treated as a scrimmage.

AT

Quote from: RazorDad on August 26, 2018, 12:55:27 am
1.  LR Christian
2.  Morrilton
3.  LR McClellan
4.  LR Parkview
5.  Pulaski Academy
6.  Alma
7.  Texarkana
8.  Harrison
9.  Greenbrier
10. Wynne

Interesting. You really believe in the Devil Dogs, don't you?

Hogman2018

Quote from: incogneto on August 25, 2018, 11:11:37 pm
U need to worry about your team getting mercy ruled this week!!

RazorDad

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 26, 2018, 08:25:21 am
Interesting. You really believe in the Devil Dogs, don't you?

Yep. Too early to change my mind on most of my picks. Only time will tell.

AHS06

1.  PA       
2.  Arkansas High (Texarkana)   
3.  LRCA
4.  LR-McClellan
5.  Harrison
6.  Camden-Fairview
7.  Alma
8.  Morrilton
9.  Watson-Chapel
10.  LR-Parkview

JessieP

August 27, 2018, 01:15:08 pm #17 Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 01:45:01 pm by JessieP
I see where people are going totally reactionary this week. We are rating based solely on out of the gate impressions. Tradition, past trends, returning players and extenuating circumstances are null and void. Ok, let's follow the panic out the door.

1) LRCA- Based on early results easily the best team in Arkansas, possibly the Nation.
2) Texarkana- No scrimmage but a week 1 win.
3) McClellan- Starting good.
4) PA- Beat an average 7A team but got destroyed in scrimmage. Sorry Bruins, first impressions are EVERYTHING.
5) Harrison- Good win.
6) Nettleton- Great start.
7) Valley View- 1-0
8) Greenbrier- Undefeated.
9) Alma- Undefeated
10) Parkview- Undefeated.

Dropped off list: Batesville and Morrilton, the first 48 minutes have told us all we need to know. Season over!

South 45

Quote from: RazorDad on August 26, 2018, 12:55:27 am
1.  LR Christian
2.  Morrilton
3.  LR McClellan
4.  LR Parkview
5.  Pulaski Academy
6.  Alma
7.  Texarkana
8.  Harrison
9.  Greenbrier
10. Wynne
I'm as big a "Homer" as there is but Mo @#2 ??? Man, I sure hope you're right...Only if White is not hurt near as bad as what I'm hearing...I'll be there to watch it play out no matter...

redsport27

August 27, 2018, 06:02:12 pm #19 Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:04:29 pm by redsport27
1. PA - showed many critics up

2. LRCA - they looked dangerous

3. Texarkana - a good start to their 5a campaign

4. McClellan - can't really say much about their win but they seem to be getting into stride

5. Harrison - could possibly win the west

6. Alma - they may have something to say about that ^^^

7. Parkview - nothing to really say

8. Camden - could contend for a good spot in the south

9. Morrilton - all I can say is good luck this season

10. Greenbrier - Good start

AT

Reminder that I will close this poll at midnight tomorrow. I know this week is weird so if you want to wait until all Tuesday night games are played, I don't mind if you use that in your rankings (like waiting to see how Alma does against VB).

We have 9 polls in. I'd like to see at least 15

Gobmom65

1. PA
2. LRCA
3. Harrison
4. McClellan
5. Texarkana
6. Alma
7. Greenbrier
8. Parkview
9. Morrilton
10. Wynne

Go Postal

Quote from: Gobmom65 on August 28, 2018, 04:36:56 pm
1. PA
2. LRCA
3. Harrison
4. McClellan
5. Texarkana
6. Alma
7. Greenbrier
8. Parkview
9. Morrilton
10. Wynne
It's always nice to see new posters on this board especially a Goblin fan.  Welcome aboard Gobmom65.

Lumberjackfan1978

1.PA
2.LRCA
3.Texarkana
4.Harrison
5.McClellan
6.Alma
7.Parkview
8.Morrilton
9.Greenbrier
10.Camden Fairview

the voice

The devil dogs will struggle through a few weeks here making adjustments. I still think they'll be the best team in the West in the playoffs especially, they're just not taking the path they wanted. Don't sleep on these guys. But right now I understand that most don't know them like I do.

PercussionMan

Morrilton has athletes, as usual, but they just don't have a "field general" right now.  Losing Criswell was bad enough, but to lose a good backup in Week 00 hurts a whole lot right now.  I have heard that the 3rd string QB started for Junior High last year and is a good athlete, but I'm not sure a "good athlete" with zero varsity experience will cut it in the West.  I guess we will find out after 2 more weeks of non-conference and a bye week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas