• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kids from Robinson

Started by Rob Van Winkle, May 24, 2018, 03:27:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BM22 on July 13, 2018, 11:28:07 am
Lol....7th grade ball? Really, man? Miners gonna get skull drug by Joe T this year. Lol
Read it again, Slower. Pretty sure he agrees with you. That is where the R word would be coming from.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on July 13, 2018, 01:07:01 pm
Read it again, Slower. Pretty sure he agrees with you. That is where the R word would be coming from.

Several of those players on Joe T would make Little Rock Central very competitive if it wasn't for school choice.

Mr. Mercer

Those same players from central left before there was school choice. It was so bad they moved into the Robinson zone to get away from Central

AirWarren

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on July 13, 2018, 09:31:25 pm
Those same players from central left before there was school choice. It was so bad they moved into the Robinson zone to get away from Central

While I'm in the boat that Robinson is a fine school. Let's now bash central for being "bad".

https://www.greatschools.org/arkansas/little-rock/637-Central-High-School/

Great schools.com ranks LR CENTRAL. 7/10. Not bad for inner city LRSD.

https://www.greatschools.org/arkansas/little-rock/881-Joe-T.-Robinson-High-School/

Great schools.com ranks JT ROBINSON. 2/10. While I'm not so sure it deserves that low, that's not good. Especially. Curriculum wise. Now, the district is making great strides. The middle school earned a B rating this year on 2016-2017 academic report cards.

But to say it was because central was "bad", is a far stretch. Unless you mean football. Kids aren't coming to JT for academics. They are coming because it's the best field, best workout facilities, and safe area of LR. Let's not kid ourselves. They and NLR are the hot non private transfer schools.

Mr. Mercer

I didn't say it was because of "academics". The growth is 100% because of football. Now the new Middle school will change things and help enrollment. Robinson will probably be 5A next cycle. If not the next for sure.

Digger#23

Quote from: BM22 on July 13, 2018, 11:28:07 am
Lol....7th grade ball? Really, man? Miners gonna get skull drug by Joe T this year. Lol

Lol!! It's a class comparison.  Don't get especially upset about it.  Bauxite's senior class has owned Robinson's senior class since they started playing each other.  Those are just facts Cletus.  Can't wait to watch Robinson get their head kicked in at the Pit.  Gonna be fun watching those championship expectations get wrecked.  Does Robinson even have a state title in football? Oh that's right..1980. 38 years ago. Man that's a long long long time ago. Were you even alive then. lol!! Robinson on the road to 40 years ago.  Dang son that's what I call dominating.

BM22

Lol.....What reason do I have to be upset about? Lets see, Joe T is 7-1 vs the Miners in the last 8 years. Bauxite has only 1 state championship as well. The Senators will curb stomp the Miners at the Pit and go much deeper in the playoffs, that is if Bauxite manages to finish 5th in the conference. Lol. So you "owned" Joe T in 7th and 9th grade! Big deal, bruh! High school ball is what really matters. Go brag on the jr high boards, big man!  Haha

AirWarren

Digger#23

BM22, you got a kid on the Robinson squad? If so what number? Mine's 23 for the Miners.  1st team 4A-7 RB.  I guess since he went for over 180 last year, I'm guessing 250 plus this year and the victory. Not bragging, I've just got skin in the game.  What about you big guy? Just a lonely fellow with a phone and a cat. lol!

AirWarren

July 14, 2018, 09:18:39 pm #59 Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:21:09 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: Digger#23 on July 14, 2018, 06:45:06 pm
BM22, you got a kid on the Robinson squad? If so what number? Mine's 23 for the Miners.  1st team 4A-7 RB.  I guess since he went for over 180 last year, I'm guessing 250 plus this year and the victory. Not bragging, I've just got skin in the game.  What about you big guy? Just a lonely fellow with a phone and a cat. lol!

Cueing oldman from McGehee......

BM22 is a bauxite fan if I'm not mistaken.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

You 7-4A guys are fantastic about keeping up with Jr High records.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on July 14, 2018, 09:18:39 pm
Cueing oldman from McGehee......

BM22 is a bauxite fan if I'm not mistaken.
Getting my popcorn ready. This could be good.

Digger#23

Bm22 is no Bauxite fan.  Hey Lumberjack fan, Nashville fan is the worst when it comes to jr. High records.  They talk smack about it constantly.  Me, I'm trying to illustrate that Bauxite has a strong senior class this year.  That is all.  I see the Miners as very competitive in the 4A-7 this year.  Not a doormat this year.  Believe it or don't makes little difference to me.  To me the best team in 4A 7 is Arkadelphia.  When most of your players have to go both ways, it makes it tough on you in the 4th quarter.  I for one would t be surprised when wefinish better than 5th in the conference.  That maybe no big deal to some but that's ok.  Big deal to me though. 

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Digger#23 on July 15, 2018, 10:39:34 am
Bm22 is no Bauxite fan.  Hey Lumberjack fan, Nashville fan is the worst when it comes to jr. High records.  They talk smack about it constantly.  Me, I'm trying to illustrate that Bauxite has a strong senior class this year.  That is all.  I see the Miners as very competitive in the 4A-7 this year.  Not a doormat this year.  Believe it or don't makes little difference to me.  To me the best team in 4A 7 is Arkadelphia.  When most of your players have to go both ways, it makes it tough on you in the 4th quarter.  I for one would t be surprised when wefinish better than 5th in the conference.  That maybe no big deal to some but that's ok.  Big deal to me though.
Yes. Hence me mentioning the conference and not just Bauxite.

BM22

Quote from: Digger#23 on July 14, 2018, 06:45:06 pm
Aw, c'mon man, don't get all bent out of shape. Lol.. Being a realist, I'm just calling like I see it. Ya'll may hang with Joe T for 1 and 1/2 quarters. Senators will then proceed to dominate. However, I'm happy that you guys may potentially go .500 this year. Big milestone for Bauxite, since they have had 8 straight losings seasons. Keep your head up, chief! BTW, kudos to your son!

OrangeCrush.

Remarks from Barry Groomes of Hootens this week at the Nashville rotary club about Robinson.

http://southwestarkansasradio.com/hootens-arkansas-football-preview-video/

AirWarren

August 11, 2018, 11:33:59 am #66 Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:44:06 am by AirWarren
Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 11, 2018, 10:22:50 am
Remarks from Barry Groomes of Hootens this week at the Nashville rotary club about Robinson.

http://southwestarkansasradio.com/hootens-arkansas-football-preview-video/

LOL. My word....

Not sure why a guy who makes his living off high school football, relationships with coaches and players would take a shot at a team like that. Even if he had discussed it with the coach before AND everyone knows they benefit from being in the greater LR metro?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on August 11, 2018, 11:33:59 am
LOL. My word....

Not sure why a guy who makes his living off high school football, relationships with coaches and players would take a shot at a team like that. Even if he had discussed it with the coach before AND everyone knows they benefit from being in the greater LR metro?

Sounds like he was just playing to his crowd. Most on here know that some of the Nashville crowd like to question Robinson's talent and where they come from. Of course this is after some on here question where Nashville get all of theirs from...

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: AirWarren on August 11, 2018, 11:33:59 am
LOL. My word....

He's not wrong...

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 11, 2018, 01:32:50 pm
Sounds like he was just playing to his crowd. Most on here know that some of the Nashville crowd like to question Robinson's talent and where they come from. Of course this is after some on here question where Nashville get all of theirs from...
For sure playing to the crowd. Still surprised he said all that even if everyone knows it's true.

SUGARTOWN

August 11, 2018, 03:17:43 pm #70 Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:19:22 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 11, 2018, 02:11:51 pm
For sure playing to the crowd. Still surprised he said all that even if everyone knows it's true.

The real issue is why can they never win a title or even make the final game with all that talent? I'd be more impressed if he addressed that. 

Even if we all already know the answer.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

How many kids did they bring in this year? Did they have to go buy more shirts with the Warren score on them?

Oldbadger

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on August 11, 2018, 06:50:10 pm
How many kids did they bring in this year? Did they have to go buy more shirts with the Warren score on them?
They had to buy all new shirts because the accidentally put 28 to 27 on them.lol

scrapman

August 12, 2018, 05:03:37 pm #73 Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:07:45 pm by scrapman
Is there a difference between taking a shot and telling the truth?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapman on August 12, 2018, 05:03:37 pm
Is there a difference between taking a shot and telling the truth?

Yes

Mr. Mercer

No major transfers this year. Just a few 6'2-6'3 OL/DL and couple athletes.

AirWarren

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on August 12, 2018, 06:50:00 pm
No major transfers this year. Just a few 6'2-6'3 OL/DL and couple athletes.

Like any other year then so nothing different.

Mr. Mercer

Just waiting on the "adoptions" to go through. Shouldn't take any time since "they know a judge"....

scrapman

I wonder if the Kentles house ever sold in PB or if they still live there like they did all last season.

Mr. Mercer

Here we go again... Your Superintendent already tried to go down that rabbit hole. Drove all the way to PB. Had the AAA involved. I'm surprised they even answer his calls anymore. Turning into the boy who cried wolf.

AirWarren

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on August 12, 2018, 09:20:50 pm
Here we go again... Your Superintendent already tried to go down that rabbit hole. Drove all the way to PB. Had the AAA involved. I'm surprised they even answer his calls anymore. Turning into the boy who cried wolf.

Explain for those of us who are curious.

My word that's a long way to commute to play football. I thought Malvern, Lonoke, and England to Hinson road was a long trek.

scrapman

Rabbits live in Rabbit holes. Word is the parents were at the house when the Supt went as well as when the AAA went.  They were "checking on the house".

Mr. Mercer

AirWarren as you've come to learn Nashville will make anything up to bring Robinson down. The first time they're in the conference didn't here a word.  Come back around and pose a threat. Now they're recruiting everyone's kids in LR, know judges to get kids "adopted" and have kids driving  60+ miles to Little Rock.

Let's not take into account that their facilities are brand new,  they're located in LR where everyone has waited for a public school to be successful again and they're helping kids get to the next level and continue their education.

Sounds like the Supt should look up what the AAA considers a legitimate move and change of domicile.

scrapman

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on August 12, 2018, 09:44:47 pm
AirWarren as you've come to learn Nashville will make anything up to bring Robinson down. The first time they're in the conference didn't here a word.  Come back around and pose a threat. Now they're recruiting everyone's kids in LR, know judges to get kids "adopted" and have kids driving  60+ miles to Little Rock.

Let's not take into account that their facilities are brand new,  they're located in LR where everyone has waited for a public school to be successful again and they're helping kids get to the next level and continue their education.

Sounds like the Supt should look up what the AAA considers a legitimate move and change of domicile.
1.  A kid did get adopted. By the way, how did that work out? 
2.  Not everyone's kids, mainly Centrals...a bunch of them in like 2 years.
3. Nobody said he drove 60 miles to go to school either. Just said that the parents were still there...and the dog tied up in the yard. And they were there when the AAA, Nashville supt, and Coach Bolding went by the house.  Lucky timing I guess.
4. This stuff is not made up. You can't make this stuff up.

Mr. Mercer

1)  You mean the kid whose at Northwest Mississippi JUCO on a full ride. Getting to pocket his entire pell grant? If he stays at his previous school is at that opportunity there? No. He's only at JUCO because his previous  school screwed up and didn't make sure he had the proper credits.

2) This years roster does have around 8 from Central. Who can blame them? Everyone of them except for 1 transferred after their freshmen year. On the flip side no one was saying anything when kids made up addresses to go to Central. There's plenty of those that still due that. Robinson loses probably 10-20% of their 8th grade class to Mount, Catholic, Central, PA, LRCA or Parkview. So I doubt they feel bad when they've gotten some back from each one of those schools.

3) Water was turned off and the resident was cleared out. I'd leave my dog at my emptied resident if I lived in Pine Bluff. Whole family was in Little Rock before August. No one complained about his sister playing b-ball and getting points in the district track meet.

4) At some point you guys will realize that while there has been a lot of new players. There's been three things that have happened.
A) They already lived in the zone ex: Koilan Jackson, Myles Fells, Nathan page, etc.
B) They moved into the zone ex: Mekel Kentle, Zaytron Waits, Caezar Warren, etc.
C) A couple have sat out a year and played JV only

Robinson is completely aware everyone is looking at them to "slip" up. Especially Nashville.

AirWarren

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on August 12, 2018, 10:42:08 pm
1)  You mean the kid whose at Northwest Mississippi JUCO on a full ride. Getting to pocket his entire pell grant? If he stays at his previous school is at that opportunity there? No. He's only at JUCO because his previous  school screwed up and didn't make sure he had the proper credits.

2) This years roster does have around 8 from Central. Who can blame them? Everyone of them except for 1 transferred after their freshmen year. On the flip side no one was saying anything when kids made up addresses to go to Central. There's plenty of those that still due that. Robinson loses probably 10-20% of their 8th grade class to Mount, Catholic, Central, PA, LRCA or Parkview. So I doubt they feel bad when they've gotten some back from each one of those schools.

3) Water was turned off and the resident was cleared out. I'd leave my dog at my emptied resident if I lived in Pine Bluff. Whole family was in Little Rock before August. No one complained about his sister playing b-ball and getting points in the district track meet.

4) At some point you guys will realize that while there has been a lot of new players. There's been three things that have happened.
A) They already lived in the zone ex: Koilan Jackson, Myles Fells, Nathan page, etc.
B) They moved into the zone ex: Mekel Kentle, Zaytron Waits, Caezar Warren, etc.

Robinson is completely aware everyone is looking at them to "slip" up. Especially Nashville.

Thanks for the information. Really intriguing for me who has zero dog in the fight.

The Little Rock transfer situation is real and interesting.

Mr. Mercer

It's all interesting. I get some people don't like it. I get Robinson is benefiting greatly, but at the end of the day those kids are coming there to get away from a crappy situation, and all of them are getting a chance to further their education at the next level. You can say they should stick around to make it better, but what's there to make better? McClellan is the only school in LRSD whose done anything in the past 12 years. Surprise, surprise those kids aren't leaving. Kentle left PB because his folks wanted out and he had other family in LR. He left a great program. At the end of the day he's 5'7 170. He's not the first guy you're picking out of that PB roster. Now that being said he's got a couple D1 offers and probably is the best player on the team right now. He didn't have all that before he came. No one knew who Caezar Warren was before he played at Robinson. How does that happen? There was one HS football player better than him last year and he plays at Warren. How does no one in the state know about that kid until mid October?

At the end of the day should Robinson of had a state title by now? YES! But the one thing they're doing right is getting their kids seen and opportunities to go to college. Other coaches around the state are doing the same thing.  At the end of the day a HS coaches job is to mold young men through the game of football. I'll get off my soap box, but so tired of the they're recruiting and cheating stuff.  No one said a word when they went to the semis back in 2010. Plenty of LRSD kids on that team as well. Little Rock and NWA are different. Robinson plays Springdale next week. They've got like 8 guys from HarBer... Explain that.

AirWarren

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on August 13, 2018, 12:11:25 am
It’s all interesting. I get some people don’t like it. I get Robinson is benefiting greatly, but at the end of the day those kids are coming there to get away from a crappy situation, and all of them are getting a chance to further their education at the next level. You can say they should stick around to make it better, but what’s there to make better? McClellan is the only school in LRSD whose done anything in the past 12 years. Surprise, surprise those kids aren’t leaving. Kentle left PB because his folks wanted out and he had other family in LR. He left a great program. At the end of the day he’s 5’7 170. He’s not the first guy you’re picking out of that PB roster. Now that being said he’s got a couple D1 offers and probably is the best player on the team right now. He didn’t have all that before he came. No one knew who Caezar Warren was before he played at Robinson. How does that happen? There was one HS football player better than him last year and he plays at Warren. How does no one in the state know about that kid until mid October?

At the end of the day should Robinson of had a state title by now? YES! But the one thing they’re doing right is getting their kids seen and opportunities to go to college. Other coaches around the state are doing the same thing.  At the end of the day a HS coaches job is to mold young men through the game of football. I’ll get off my soap box, but so tired of the they’re recruiting and cheating stuff.  No one said a word when they went to the semis back in 2010. Plenty of LRSD kids on that team as well. Little Rock and NWA are different. Robinson plays Springdale next week. They’ve got like 8 guys from HarBer... Explain that.

That is an interesting point about the 7a West and even other small schools in that part of the state. I noticed that all of those teams up there benefit from multiple transfers out of their districts from other NWA towns and even other states...including Pennsylvania I believe.

OrangeCrush.

Are you one of the doctors or lawyers helping all this happen?

scrapman

1. If you can play they will find you. I wonder if his last school messed up that ACT as well. I'm not going to talk about a kid but his athletic career was not what I was referencing. Since you seem to be in the know then you should know. Small state, news travels.
2. That's what I said.
3. I have no knowledge of when some random family got their utilities turned off let alone the water. The fact that you do sounds pretty fishy.
4. Living in the zone, moving in the zone, sitting out a year has nothing to do with recruiting.

SUGARTOWN

EVERY program has had move ins at some point. I don't know why all of a sudden it's such a big deal.

Oh wait, I know why..."If it's not my school doing it something must be fishy."

mr.gametime

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on May 24, 2018, 03:27:41 pm
How many kids from Robinson have been offered scholarships so far? It seems like every time I get on Twitter another kid has gotten an offer. Sounds like they have something good going on down there.

Zach Williams(D.E) -committed to Arkansas
Davis Wofford (D.E)- committed to Army
Elliott Harris Jr(OL)- offers from Missouri State, Southeast Missouri State,Tennessee -Martin, Texas State.
Zaytion Waits (RB) offers from Arkansas Tech, Missouri Western State.
Greyson Tackett(QB) offers from East Texas Baptist University, Faulkner, Missouri Western State, Seton Hill.
Mekel Kentle(WR) offer from Harding University.
Emarion Harris(OL)(class of 2022) offers from Texas State, Alabama.

AirWarren

Quote from: mr.gametime on August 13, 2018, 04:04:19 pm
Elliott Harris Jr(OL)- offers from Missouri State, Southeast Missouri State,Tennessee -Martin, Texas State.
Greyson Tackett(QB) offers from East Texas Baptist University, Faulkner, Missouri Western State, Seton Hill.

Over the past several years, they have had senior classes that have at least 5-8 letters of intent.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: mr.gametime on August 13, 2018, 04:04:19 pm
Thanks Gametime! Someone finally answered my original question.

AirWarren

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on August 13, 2018, 05:57:45 pm
Thanks Gametime! Someone finally answered my original question.

Facts are irrelevant here.

Rob Van Winkle

Overdahill

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas