• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A1E Non-Football Benefit Games Start October 13!

Started by bulldog42, September 18, 2014, 03:05:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog42

September 18, 2014, 03:05:18 pm Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:45:07 pm by bulldog42
Basketball is one month away.  For the non-football schools (Primarily teams in 3A1E) the colors games are coming up between October 3 for Bergman, Valley and Flippin will have thiers on the 10th.  Not sure about Cotter. 

Here are the benefit games that I know about:
10/13 Bergman @ home vs Omaha
10/14 Valley Springs @ home vs Shirley
10/17 Flippin @ home vs Norfork

I can't wait for the season to start. Hopefully all the teams are coming through the pre-season workouts injury free.  Good luck to all the teams this year.

bulldog42

September 21, 2014, 07:54:06 am #1 Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:56:45 am by bulldog42
For those in the area with the games spread out like this you can get your basketball fix all week.  It should be an interesting year in the 3A1E. 

(Also I am sorry for this redundant post to my own thread but I was not going to sit on 666 posts!) 😁

Basketballfan13

September 21, 2014, 10:23:23 am #2 Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:50:18 am by Basketballfan13

Moonshiner

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on September 21, 2014, 10:23:23 am
Bergman's game is 10/16 on that thursday at Home vs Omaha.

3A vs A.  Should be a good tune up for their season.

Googlymoogly

Are the tip-off times for the Bergman-Omaha games Monday and the Valley-Shirley games Tuesday? I know both nights are just sr girls and sr boys so my guess is either 5:30 or 6 p.m.

HeadTiger

Quote from: Googlymoogly on October 10, 2014, 02:30:12 am
Are the tip-off times for the Bergman-Omaha games Monday and the Valley-Shirley games Tuesday? I know both nights are just sr girls and sr boys so my guess is either 5:30 or 6 p.m.

Valley starts at 5pm according to their schedule

Bergman1820

Omaha At Bergman:

Sr.Girls:
Omaha 41ish
Bergman 58ish

Sr.Boys:
Omaha 54
Bergman 65

bulldog42

Quote from: vstigerz on October 13, 2014, 11:25:44 pm
Omaha At Bergman:

Sr.Girls:
Omaha 41ish
Bergman 58ish

Sr.Boys:
Omaha 54
Bergman 65

Girls score was 61 to 47, here is a link to an article
http://boonecosports.blogspot.com/

Bergman1820

Quote from: bulldog42 on October 14, 2014, 09:07:21 am
Quote from: vstigerz on October 13, 2014, 11:25:44 pm
Omaha At Bergman:

Sr.Girls:
Omaha 41ish
Bergman 58ish

Sr.Boys:
Omaha 54
Bergman 65

Girls score was 61 to 47, here is a link to an article
http://boonecosports.blogspot.com/

Very nice. I am glad you posted that.

ballmember

According to what I was told, per Shirley's schedule: games start at Valley Springs tonite at 5:30pm.  Sr girls and Sr boys.  I bet the coaches know the correct time. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Basketballfan13

Valley girls looked like a top team in the state, the sophmore guards looked great. Shirley struggled to cross half court.
Boys game was a good game. Shirley will be a strong 1A team. Valley pulled away by about 15 in the end.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on October 14, 2014, 09:43:28 pm
Valley girls looked like a top team in the state, the sophmore guards looked great. Shirley struggled to cross half court.
Boys game was a good game. Shirley will be a strong 1A team. Valley pulled away by about 15 in the end.

Thanks for the update

bobcats

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on October 14, 2014, 09:43:28 pm

What was the deal with Shirley?  Their best player along with 5 others were not dressed.  Shirley's best player is a big thick post player. 

Googlymoogly

Quote from: bobcats on October 14, 2014, 10:27:38 pm
What was the deal with Shirley?  Their best player along with 5 others were not dressed.  Shirley's best player is a big thick post player. 
From my understanding, Shirley did not pack all the correct uniforms, thus some players didn't dress out. If you were watching the game, you might have noticed that there were several players out there wearing girls' uniforms.

oh, for more on those games go read: www.boonecosports.com

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Googlymoogly on October 15, 2014, 01:04:28 am
From my understanding, Shirley did not pack all the correct uniforms, thus some players didn't dress out. If you were watching the game, you might have noticed that there were several players out there wearing girls' uniforms.

Is the blog yours Googly? Just curious cause I just bookmarked it...Been considering doing something like that myself for all the games I go to.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: HF on October 15, 2014, 11:11:51 pm
Quote from: Googlymoogly on October 15, 2014, 01:04:28 am

Is the blog yours Googly? Just curious cause I just bookmarked it...Been considering doing something like that myself for all the games I go to.
Yes, I thought the same thing

ballmember

The top players were dressed. The big boy set on the bench a lot .  got 3 fouls in first four minutes. Top 9 or 10 dressed out.  Sophomores will have to learn to handle the senioir high press, and Valley does an excellent job on the defensive side of the ball.    Good learning experience for them.   

bulldog42

Flippin and Norfork will wrap up the benefit games tomorrow night at Flippin.  Ready to get the season started.  SR boys game should be a good game.  Norfork and Flippin have had some really good battles the past 3 or 4 years.  Games start at 5 with SR Boys JV, then SR Girls and SR boys.

bobcats

Quote from: ballmember on October 16, 2014, 07:33:48 am
The top players were dressed. The big boy set on the bench a lot .  got 3 fouls in first four minutes. Top 9 or 10 dressed out.  Sophomores will have to learn to handle the senioir high press, and Valley does an excellent job on the defensive side of the ball.    Good learning experience for them.   

We played Shirley twice at Harding team camp,  the player who gave us the most trouble was on the bench not dressed.

ballmember

I was at some of the Harding Camp watching games.  However, i am glad to know Shirley has a good player that is not in the top 8 or 9.  Hope they do well this year. 

TheGovernor

Losses bring out the worst in us all. I think Shirley will have a good team this year and future years. But a loss is a loss. Take it and move on. Who does valley play next? I might want to go watch a team who puts up 82 pts there first game

Silky Johnson

Bergman1820

Quote from: TheGovernor on October 16, 2014, 07:23:45 pm
Losses bring out the worst in us all. I think Shirley will have a good team this year and future years. But a loss is a loss. Take it and move on. Who does valley play next? I might want to go watch a team who puts up 82 pts there first game

Valley plays at the Twin Rivers Classic.
Tuesday October 21
Valley Springs vs Viola (SG) 4:00
Valley Springs vs Bay (SB) 5:30

bulldog42

I will try to have updates through the games for the Norfork/Flippin games tonight!  Basketball season is here!

bulldog42

Game start time has been moved from 5 to 5:30, still SR Boys JV, SR girls and SR boys

bulldog42

bulldog42

NEA Razorback olfan

FlyingEagle24

Cossatot against Blevins @ Kirby tonight, forgot the score but cossatot won by 18

bulldog42

Bergman1820

Quote from: bulldog42 on October 17, 2014, 09:51:21 pm
Flippin wins 57 to 52,

Did both teams play this like a real game or was there lots of subbing and everyone played?

SoftballMom

Guys Game - Both teams have some cleaning up to do; but lots of subs going in and out. Norfork has one player that looks about 6'1 / 6'2, didn't start but got some playing time in. Lewis will be the key player on Norfork with good show from Davis. Flippin had a pretty good balance in players with 3 in double digits, good rotation with subs coming in and out of the game.

Girls game - Kelcey Acklin will be the key player for the Lady Panthers. I see her making All State this year as a Sophomore; she improves her skills she could play at the next level......Older sister is a senior this year, expect a better showing from her but got into some foul trouble in the 1st quarter with (3), so had to sit a bit on the bench. She can score in double digits as well when she gets on a roll, will be great to see them play together this year. Lady Panthers will be tough to beat in their conference and should make it back to state this year.

Flippin girls looked scrappy, but played with their hearts in this game. Good hard fought win for them; to bad K Acklin missed that free throw to go into overtime. She's not going to miss that shot again this year. Lady. Bobcats scoring was balanced between players, just happen to get a lucky on this game.

Expect to see the Lady Panthers beat the Lady Bobcats on October 31st.

Next up see you all in Western Grove!!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas