• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 3A Top Ten--Week 8

Started by Mike Bonds, October 16, 2017, 04:38:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.  Junction City
2.  Mayflower
3.  Charleston
4.  Glen Rose
5.  Prescott
6.  Clinton
7.  Rivercrest
8.  Osceola
9.  Atkins
10.  Barton

nastynice

An improving and healthier Chuck just smirked, flicked a cig, and slowly walked away after looking at the score of the GR and Preskitt game!

AmericanVandal1987

Barton should at least be above Osceola and Atkins. They were the only team to even stick with Mayflower at 51-36 and deserve more credit than #10.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: AmericanVandal1987 on October 16, 2017, 05:16:41 pm
Barton should at least be above Osceola and Atkins. They were the only team to even stick with Mayflower at 51-36 and deserve more credit than #10.
Au contraire. Osceola's loss was to a 5A team, not a good one but still 2 levels above 3A. Atkins loss was to 4A Dover which has a 4-3 record.

Barton may well be a stronger team than Osceola or Atkins, but the evidence cited is not sufficient to establish it.

beach bum

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 16, 2017, 05:31:23 pm
Au contraire. Osceola's loss was to a 5A team, not a good one but still 2 levels above 3A. Atkins loss was to 4A Dover which has a 4-3 record.

Barton may well be a stronger team than Osceola or Atkins, but the evidence cited is not sufficient to establish it.

+1

Red Devil Dad

Barton is allowing there opponents an average of 24 points a game and Atkins is allowing 15.  Sounds like Barton needs to play a little better D.   

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: AmericanVandal1987 on October 16, 2017, 05:16:41 pm

Moral victories don't count. I agree that Barton could end up going further than Osceola or Atkins. But right now...the only thing we have to stand on right now is Osceola and Atkins are both undefeated in conference and playing a little better defense.

BannerMountainMan

I know other teams are getting better wins but moving Clinton down from 4 to 6 lately is a head scratcher

Paperman

I can assure you Osceola would destroy Barton if they were to meet! Barton would be sportsmanship clocked by mid third quarter!

TruthHurts

Osceola has a player that can probably out athlete any 3A kid. I cant remember the kids name but he does everything but leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: TruthHurts on October 16, 2017, 08:59:32 pm
Osceola has a player that can probably out athlete any 3A kid. I cant remember the kids name but he does everything but leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Derrell Brown?

TruthHurts

Yeah thats him--Thx Proud Buckaroo.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Paperman on October 16, 2017, 08:45:50 pm
I can assure you Osceola would destroy Barton if they were to meet! Barton would be sportsmanship clocked by mid third quarter!

Destroy is a strong word. However, Barton was beaten by Mayflower. A team that might place third in 3-3A.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 16, 2017, 04:38:14 pm
1.  Junction City
2.  Mayflower
3.  Charleston
4.  Glen Rose
5.  Prescott
6.  Clinton
7.  Rivercrest
8.  Osceola
9.  Atkins
10.  Barton

The last two weeks have been surprising.

1. Charleston
2. Junction City
3. Rivercrest
4. Glen Rose
5. Prescott
6. Clinton
7. Osceola
8. Mayflower
9. Atkins
10. Perryville

And before the whining starts. No, I do not think Mayflower can beat anyone I have ranked above them and probably not the two under them. No, Barton's record and schedule says they are not top ten, finding it hard to believe Mike had them at #10. Yes, I am still on the Atkins bandwagon. Yes, Perryville is better than the teams I have not listed. No, I am not positive who is the better team between JC and Charleston. Yes, Clinton deserves to be where they are. No, I am not positive that I have Osceola ranked high enough...they are good. Yes, I was shocked at Prescott losing. Yes, I think Rivercrest is better than Glen Rose. Did that cover it all?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 16, 2017, 05:44:26 pm
Moral victories don't count. I agree that Barton could end up going further than Osceola or Atkins. But right now...the only thing we have to stand on right now is Osceola and Atkins are both undefeated in conference and playing a little better defense.
I will not dispute that Osceola has played a tougher conference schedule than Barton. However, Atkins has not played anyone that approaches the status of Mayflower, thus far. That will change on Friday night when they square off against Charleston.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Paperman on October 16, 2017, 08:45:50 pm
Opinion without presenting any evidence to support it.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 16, 2017, 09:30:00 pm
Destroy is a strong word. However, Barton was beaten by Mayflower. A team that might place third in 3-3A.
Another assertion based entirely on opinion without supporting facts.

Paperman

Supporting facts don't really mean much! Just look to Barton's loss in last seasons playoffs! I know new coaching staffs! New enthusiasm! Blah, blah! I stand by my unsubstantiated comment! Destroy!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 16, 2017, 08:31:01 pm
I know other teams are getting better wins but moving Clinton down from 4 to 6 lately is a head scratcher
I agree, they should be 12th

eaglecd

Just a little info. Mayflower has already beaten Perryville at their place 48-18.

Grayte88

Did he really say that Mayflower can't beat any of the teams that he has ranked above them. That's hilarious, lol. I can't stop laughing. Lol

Grayte88

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 16, 2017, 09:41:00 pm
The last two weeks have been surprising.

1. Charleston
2. Junction City
3. Rivercrest
4. Glen Rose
5. Prescott
6. Clinton
7. Osceola
8. Mayflower
9. Atkins
10. Perryville

And before the whining starts. No, I do not think Mayflower can beat anyone I have ranked above them and probably not the two under them. No, Barton's record and schedule says they are not top ten, finding it hard to believe Mike had them at #10. Yes, I am still on the Atkins bandwagon. Yes, Perryville is better than the teams I have not listed. No, I am not positive who is the better team between JC and Charleston. Yes, Clinton deserves to be where they are. No, I am not positive that I have Osceola ranked high enough...they are good. Yes, I was shocked at Prescott losing. Yes, I think Rivercrest is better than Glen Rose. Did that cover it all?
Mayflower has already smoked Perryville by 30 I believe!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Grayte88 on October 17, 2017, 09:37:23 am
Did he really say that Mayflower can't beat any of the teams that he has ranked above them. That's hilarious, lol. I can't stop laughing. Lol

It's so easy to critique someone's rankings when you don't make your own.

luxora4life

Quote from: Grayte88 on October 17, 2017, 09:39:24 am
Mayflower has already smoked Perryville by 30 I believe!

Clue Words - above them.

dragondad

Mr.Bearded

Quote from: eaglecd on October 17, 2017, 09:19:08 am
Just a little info. Mayflower has already beaten Perryville at their place 48-18.
Mayflower did beat Perryville easily but the game was closer than the score resembled till the starting QB for Perryville was ejected. Then late 4th quarter Mayflower had their way with Perryvilles back ups. I believe mayflower is a top 3 team

eaglecd

Trust me. I am in no way saying that Perryville isn't a good football team. I was at that game and you are correct about it being closer than the score indicates. I was only responding to the fact that Coltfan2005 said that Mayflower probably couldn't beat them. Perryville is a good football team.

Mr.Bearded

Quote from: eaglecd on October 17, 2017, 10:02:30 am
Trust me. I am in no way saying that Perryville isn't a good football team. I was at that game and you are correct about it being closer than the score indicates. I was only responding to the fact that Coltfan2005 said that Mayflower probably couldn't beat them. Perryville is a good football team.
I agree and like I said I believe Mayflower is at least top 5 to top 3. I'd like to see them and Charelston go at it.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 17, 2017, 09:40:08 am
It's so easy to critique someone's rankings when you don't make your own.
Like you would know.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: dragondad on October 17, 2017, 09:52:04 am
Clue words - below them

read a little closer and get that word probably. Yes, I know what happened to Perryville when they played Mayflower. And I don't think mayflower could beat them again.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Grayte88 on October 17, 2017, 09:37:23 am

I actually typed it, I didn't say it. Explain why it is hilarious.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 16, 2017, 09:58:44 pm
I will not dispute that Osceola has played a tougher conference schedule than Barton. However, Atkins has not played anyone that approaches the status of Mayflower, thus far. That will change on Friday night when they square off against Charleston.
Atkins is there for the same reason Mayflower is.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Paperman on October 16, 2017, 10:58:27 pm
Supporting facts don't really mean much! Just look to Barton's loss in last seasons playoffs! I know new coaching staffs! New enthusiasm! Blah, blah! I stand by my unsubstantiated comment! Destroy!

This statement explains quite a bit about the Osceola Times and their articles. "Supporting facts don't really mean much". This has got to be the most ignorant and ridiculous statement ever posted on this site. "supporting facts really don't mean much". Was this meant to be a bad joke?

Wardog87

Coltfan. I encourage you to get out and watch some
More games this year. Perryville wouldn't come within 21 of mayflower 10 out of 10 times this year.

Grayte88

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 17, 2017, 10:49:58 am
read a little closer and get that word probably. Yes, I know what happened to Perryville when they played Mayflower. And I don't think mayflower could beat them again.
Couldn't beat them again?  You have to kidding. They couldn't tackle the twins the first time and Mayflowers defense is even better now with Tyler Farris at Middle Linebacker. He didn't play in that game. Your not going to beat Mayflower running the ball. Perryville isn't for sure. Clinton won't be the Eagles either!

luxora4life

Quote from: dragondad on October 17, 2017, 09:52:04 am
Clue words - below them

Those are the words he used.  " ranked above them"

Mr.Bearded

Quote from: Grayte88 on October 17, 2017, 11:11:40 am
Couldn't beat them again?  You have to kidding. They couldn't tackle the twins the first time and Mayflowers defense is even better now with Tyler Farris at Middle Linebacker. He didn't play in that game. Your not going to beat Mayflower running the ball. Perryville isn't for sure. Clinton won't be the Eagles either!
I'm a Perryville poster and saw the first game. If they played again Mayflower would win again but I think it would be closer. Perryville has shown a passing game the pst two weeks but the defense would still struggle with the twins. I could see Perryville scoring around 28 to 30 points but I don't see them being able to keep mayflower under 40. It'd be a Two to three score game.

dragondad

Quote from: luxora4life on October 17, 2017, 11:35:10 am
Those are the words he used.  " ranked above them"

He also said, and probably the two below them.

THA TRUTH

October 17, 2017, 11:49:16 am #38 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:52:14 am by THA TRUTH
Mayflower hasn't proved enough

luxora4life

Quote from: dragondad on October 17, 2017, 11:39:55 am
He also said, and probably the two below them.

Ok, we can both be right :D ;D

Grayte88

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 17, 2017, 11:49:16 am
Mayflower hasn't proved enough
All they can do is play the schedule that was given to them and they've passed every test so far. Time will tell.

Coltfan2005

So, it's Ok to have a weak schedule from week 1 to week 10? That makes a team ready for Prescott? Glen Rose? Rivercrest? Charleston? I realize mayflower fans are excited about actually winning more than 6 games in a season but reality comes in week 2 of the playoffs.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Paperman on October 16, 2017, 10:58:27 pm
What does an easy win by Rivercrest in last year's playoffs over a 5-5 (3-4 in conference) Barton have to do with this year's 6-1 (3-1) Bears? The declaration that Mayflower might finish third in the 3-3A is equally without supporting evidence. We have no way of comparing Mayflower to teams in the 3-3A until the playoffs.

Grayte88

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 17, 2017, 03:23:54 pm
So, it's Ok to have a weak schedule from week 1 to week 10? That makes a team ready for Prescott? Glen Rose? Rivercrest? Charleston? I realize mayflower fans are excited about actually winning more than 6 games in a season but reality comes in week 2 of the playoffs.
Mayflower and Glenrose play an exhibition every year before the start of the season and this season MF played with GR the whole way. It was tied at 14 at the half and Mayflower would have got the ball in the 2nd half. The backups played 1 quarter to end it. The Eagles went for 2 at the end and didn't get it. Lost 21-20. So yes MF can play with Glen Rose and they beat Prescott. Do you see where I'm going?

luxora4life

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 17, 2017, 03:52:27 pm
What does an easy win by Rivercrest in last year's playoffs over a 5-5 (3-4 in conference) Barton have to do with this year's 6-1 (3-1) Bears?

A whole lot if their roster didn't significantly improve by add-on talent or a product of a great off season this year and their record is a result of teams on their schedule having a down year (AKA the cycle).

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Grayte88 on October 17, 2017, 04:19:58 pm
Mayflower and Glenrose play an exhibition every year before the start of the season and this season MF played with GR the whole way. It was tied at 14 at the half and Mayflower would have got the ball in the 2nd half. The backups played 1 quarter to end it. The Eagles went for 2 at the end and didn't get it. Lost 21-20. So yes MF can play with Glen Rose and they beat Prescott. Do you see where I'm going?

Seriously? You are referencing a scrimmage game as proof maypole can play with Glen Rose?

Grayte88

Quote from: luxora4life on October 17, 2017, 04:46:31 pm
A whole lot if their roster didn't significantly improve by add-on talent or a product of a great off season this year and their record is a result of teams on their schedule having a down year (AKA the cycle).
Bartons offensive line is huge and the backs are fast. If they eliminate the turnovers they can win some games in the playoffs.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: luxora4life on October 17, 2017, 04:46:31 pm
Or perhaps a young team grew up. E.g., the twins who were sophomores last year are now juniors.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 17, 2017, 03:52:27 pm
What does an easy win by Rivercrest in last year's playoffs over a 5-5 (3-4 in conference) Barton have to do with this year's 6-1 (3-1) Bears? The declaration that Mayflower might finish third in the 3-3A is equally without supporting evidence. We have no way of comparing Mayflower to teams in the 3-3A until the playoffs.

I in no way am referencing last year's teams and the score of the game. What I am referring to is having seen every Rivercrest game this season, two Glen Rose games, 3 prescott games, a Cgarleston game, 4 osceola games, half a Clinton game, two Maytag games. Not an expert by any means but Mayflower can't play with any of them. Of course, this is just my opinion...but I do base it on games this season not just what I feel about my home team.

Grayte88

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 17, 2017, 04:54:44 pm
Seriously? You are referencing a scrimmage game as proof maypole can play with Glen Rose?
Absolutely,  the players were on the field. Neither team running the whole playbook. Why wouldn't I think that? And your maypole comment, haha, really dumb.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas