• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preseason Top Ten

Started by BigMan15, August 21, 2017, 10:44:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Would love to hear everyones top ten

trojanman

1. Earle
2. Bearden
3. Lighthouse
4. Marked Tree
5. WCC
6. EPC
7. Clarendon
8. Parkers Chapel
9. Lavaca
10. CMS

BigLion10

Lighthouse won't be the same their two biggest players left

Ctucker

I would put WCC in top 3 got four starters back and got a transfer from Riverview that used to go to our school and has always lived in our district

AirItOut21

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 21, 2017, 12:10:43 pm
Lighthouse won't be the same their two biggest players left

Two biggest players or their two best players?

old.dole

Earle
Bearden
Marked tree
White county central
Parkers chapel

I don't know enough about most of the northern teams to go past a top 5

BigLion10

August 21, 2017, 12:55:41 pm #6 Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:01:48 pm by BigLion10
Quote from: AirItOut21 on August 21, 2017, 12:45:47 pm
Two biggest players or their two best players?
Two best players both ranked nationally. One went to NLR and I heard the other went to Jacksonville High

BigLion10

August 21, 2017, 01:01:05 pm #7 Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:02:45 pm by BigLion10
I think Earle, WCC, and Bearden are probably the three teams to beat next season

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 21, 2017, 12:55:41 pm
Two best players both ranked nationally. One went to NLR and I heard the other went to Jacksonville High

NLR must have a big budget if you know what I mean.

BigLion10

No doubt picked him up and the Freshman from Parkview last season Moses Moody

Ctucker

Well we're do they actually live! I mean lighthouse is a charter school so there is no telling which district they live in!

Ventman

Ice Water

1. Earle
2. Bearden
3. Clarendon
4. WCC
5. Marked Tree
6. Parkers Chapel
7. Blevins
8. Lavaca
9. Brinkley
10. Mtn Pine

If Jacksonville Lighthouse didn't actually lose their two best ones, slot them in at #2. And I'm sure there's a good sophomore class or two that we don't know about that will put their teams in the mix.

biglion1985

My top ten:

1.Earle
2. Don't care about the rest lol

PapaHog

Hey Icewater, Blevins is 1A.

Ice Water

Quote from: PapaHog on August 24, 2017, 04:35:58 pm
2A one more year. Go 1A in 2018-19.

Ctucker

PapaHog

You're right! I jumped the gun. Brain fart 😂

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: PapaHog on August 24, 2017, 04:35:58 pm

Blevins is  2a one more year then they drop down to 1a.

BasketballFan2A

1. Earle / gonna be good year in and year out
2. Bearden / returns all starters gonna be a good team
3. Clarendon
4. Blevins / returns all starters from last year, look out for them
5. Marked Tree
6. Parkers Chapel / watch out
7. WCC / This group is a good team, great potential
8. Jacksonville Lighthouse / would rank them higher but they lost 2 great players. still gonna be good
9. Brinkley / look out
10. Lavaca / young team that returns starters

BigMan15

1. Earle
2. Bearden
3. WCC
4. Clarendon
5. Lavaca
6. Marked Tree
7. Parkers Chapel
8. Blevins
9. Lighthouse
10. Brinkley

BigLion10

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 28, 2017, 11:15:51 am
1. Earle
2. Bearden
3. WCC
4. Clarendon
5. Lavaca
6. Marked Tree
7. Parkers Chapel
8. Blevins
9. Lighthouse
10. Brinkley
Brinkley is 1A

MomaLion

dentist15

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 28, 2017, 11:15:51 am
1. Earle
2. Bearden
3. WCC
4. Clarendon
5. Lavaca
6. Marked Tree
7. Parkers Chapel
8. Blevins
9. Lighthouse
10. Brinkley

I think that looks pretty good, but I'm unsure about Lavaca at #5. Yes, they return their two best players, but they graduated most all of their solid role-players. And a lot of times, that is harder to replace than losing one or two good players. They'll be counting on underclassmen to step up.

BigMan15

Garrett Eck
Ryan Dockery

along with two -three good role players, plus a jr high group that was pretty salty.
Two moveins in the last two years gives Lavaca the size that was needed inside. Overall I see Lavaca having about a 7 man rotation and surprising some folks. Also they should be solid over the next few years being the moveins are both Sophomores this year and one is 6'3 and the other is 6'4

dentist15

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 29, 2017, 12:43:52 pm
Garrett Eck
Ryan Dockery

along with two -three good role players, plus a jr high group that was pretty salty.
Two moveins in the last two years gives Lavaca the size that was needed inside. Overall I see Lavaca having about a 7 man rotation and surprising some folks. Also they should be solid over the next few years being the moveins are both Sophomores this year and one is 6'3 and the other is 6'4

All fair points. Though the jump from Jr. to Sr. high can be tough on most sophomores (not all though), so this season could depend heavily on how well and how quickly those underclassmen and move-ins adjust and fit in, as we know Eck and Dockery can do their parts quite well.

Coach Reed seems to have gotten a pretty good program going, so I agree they should be solid in the future.

Head Lion

1. Earle 2. Earle 2nd unit 3. Earle 3 string 4. Earle Jr hi team 5. Bearden 6. Earle jr B team 7. Earle managers and waterboys 8. White Co Central 9. Earle Sr Olympic team 10. Earle elementary

Ventman

Earle will be the team to beat.

dentist15

Quote from: Head Lion on August 29, 2017, 01:55:22 pm
1. Earle 2. Earle 2nd unit 3. Earle 3 string 4. Earle Jr hi team 5. Bearden 6. Earle jr B team 7. Earle managers and waterboys 8. White Co Central 9. Earle Sr Olympic team 10. Earle elementary

If that #9 team plays "old man ball" and the refs don't call it too tight, that team could be a surprise contender...

Eaglehawk535

Hey Bigman15,  where did those move ins come from? Earl should walk to another state title without coming out of 2nd gear:

Ctucker

Earle would walk through 3a easier!

Head Lion

Quote from: Ctucker on August 29, 2017, 05:48:06 pm
Earle would walk through 3a easier!
Keep telling yourself that.😉

Ctucker

I will because it's true! Ask Tuckerman when they last went to state in 2a only took one to play in finals of 3a!

PapaHog

BigMan15

Quote from: Eaglehawk535 on August 29, 2017, 02:19:36 pm
Hey Bigman15,  where did those move ins come from? Earl should walk to another state title without coming out of 2nd gear:
one from Texas one from Charleston

Eaglehawk535

Big man , I did not see anything on the 3a board about Charleston losing a kid to Lavaca? Who was the kid? Not from that part of the state but watched nearly every state tourney game at bald knob last year.

BigMan15

Quote from: Eaglehawk535 on August 29, 2017, 11:58:23 pm
Big man , I did not see anything on the 3a board about Charleston losing a kid to Lavaca? Who was the kid? Not from that part of the state but watched nearly every state tourney game at bald knob last year.

Rather not say

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: Head Lion on August 29, 2017, 01:55:22 pm

You're funny, bring em down south.

BasketballFan2A

Blevins and Bearden have all starters back. They will both be teams to look out for coming from the south.

Eaglehawk535

Cmon bigman we all friends here??

BigMan15

fbisgreat

Quote from: Eaglehawk535 on August 30, 2017, 03:28:14 pm
Cmon bigman we all friends here??
it's pretty easy why do you Big Man is on the 2a lavaca band wagon.

Head Lion

Eaglehawk535

Surely they haven't moved again?? If so they have bounced around from school to school more than anyone. Guess he may be on the 1a board next year lol

BigMan15

Hahahahahah!!!!!!!!!! Bandwagon!!! I graduated from there. But yes my son is there but we havent moved yet! My other kids still go to Charleston.

Eaglehawk535

Find it strange you would move your younger son after your other son had a successful career at Charleston and ended up going to a junior college if I'm not mistaken?

BigMan15

My younger son had a knee injury a couple of years ago and isnt the same type of player as Brandon. Jordan was going to sit out this year at Charleston anyway but he really didnt like Charleston so moving him to Lavaca had nothing to do with sports. But since he started there hes decided that he does want to play mainly because he loves the way Lavaca plays team ball and the coaching is GREAT! Even if he has to sit out a year he can still practice and play in B games this year. He is 110% better at Lavaca. But I will say that Charleston has done alot for my sons and I wish them the best of luck!

Head Lion

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 31, 2017, 12:23:40 pm
My younger son had a knee injury a couple of years ago and isnt the same type of player as Brandon. Jordan was going to sit out this year at Charleston anyway but he really didnt like Charleston so moving him to Lavaca had nothing to do with sports. But since he started there hes decided that he does want to play mainly because he loves the way Lavaca plays team ball and the coaching is GREAT! Even if he has to sit out a year he can still practice and play in B games this year. He is 110% better at Lavaca. But I will say that Charleston has done alot for my sons and I wish them the best of luck!
Respect, not all kids fit the same atmospheres.

BigMan15

Eaglehawk535

You didn't seem to have a problem with your older son having the green light once he crossed half court so don't give me that team play bull... Seems like it may be a better fit for you and your family and good for Charleston From what I hear threw the grapevine... Good luck to your son

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas