• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Outlook

Started by WPWells, December 30, 2016, 11:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: War Eagle on October 16, 2017, 11:44:58 am
Out of curiousity, what is the actual reason Arkansas won't play other Arkansas schools (this isn't meant to start a heated debate)?

The question is what does Arkansas have to gain by playing ASU or UCA?

cuckoobird

A full stadium which it doesn't get playing NMSU, coastal Carolina, and Florida A&M while gaining absolutely nothing. So they would gain more money more money more money

beach bum

Ignore him.... He is just especially upset cause I said PA would beat his precious Greenwood Bulldogs..... And cuck is right. It's fear from the U of A.

beach bum

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 16, 2017, 01:38:44 pm

You act like we are a highly thought of program with that ability to think that way.... What would we have to gain?... A loss to A State is it.

bdubyab60

Money isn't a factor imo. As of now there is enough coming in even though the game would be huge.

Basically it comes down to Astate possibly beating the Hogs. There's always been a call for the game but even more so now that the Hogs are horrible and Astate has a real shot to win.

bigworm

If i made the decisions, i would never play an in state school. It just makes no sense for the U 0f A. This has been beat to death for years. It aint never ever ever ever ever ever ever gonna happen. U of A has plenty of money. They dont have to play them to make money. And what would you actually add......10,000 ticket sales to one game. Maybe. Thats crums to SEC schools. No matter who we play there Will be lots of open seats until a HC change is made.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bigworm on October 16, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
If i made the decisions, i would never play an in state school. It just makes no sense for the U 0f A. This has been beat to death for years. It aint never ever ever ever ever ever ever gonna happen. U of A has plenty of money. They dont have to play them to make money. And what would you actually add......10,000 ticket sales to one game. Maybe. Thats crums to SEC schools. No matter who we play there Will be lots of open seats until a HC change is made.

Use it to appease Little Rock

bigworm

Thats another thing id never do. Why in the world do we play in LR anymore? That makes no sense at all. They dont even sell it out anymore.

War Eagle

So the reason against playing another in state school is the risk of losing to that school?

beach bum

This same situation does not stop Miss State from playing Southern Miss, Ohio State from playing Kent State, Kentucky from playing Eastern Kentucky, and Clemson from playing the Citadel...... The only answer is that the school up on the Hill in Fayetteville is full of elitist that think they are too good to play the two other in state schools or they are just scared.

beach bum

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 16, 2017, 01:38:44 pm

I am not sure you are aware of the actual status of the U of A... It appears you think way to highly of them.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 16, 2017, 10:06:55 pm #961 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:07:41 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

bigworm

My suggestion is if you want your flagship school to play the little brothers.....move to one of the above listed schools. I dont see why some people are so hung up on the topic. Its a no brainer if your the person who has the best interest of that particular university as your #1 priority. Good thing none of you are that person.

beach bum

October 16, 2017, 10:10:57 pm #963 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:34:38 pm by beach bum
Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 16, 2017, 10:06:55 pm
Please use correct grammar. You sound like an idiot.  Front runner cubs fan.  lol

You still did not answer my question that you apparently think way too much of the U of A? I noticed anytime I debate something with you it immediately goes to personal attacks? It's about the fifth time now, and I have yet to stoop to your level. And my word, if you don't think I know the difference between too, to, and two then I feel sorry for you. It was a genuine mistake on my phone. I made a genuinely good point as to asking why other power schools play in state lower tier schools so I do not see what is the big deal in that. You also have been apparently creeping on my profile you stalker. You sound like a poor little snowflake ever since I told you that PA would beat Greenwood which is true. I have not attacked you personally, unless you have attached your self worth to Greenwood Bulldog football. Anytime I mention they aren't #1 you have not appreciated that.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigworm on October 16, 2017, 09:43:55 pm
Thats another thing id never do. Why in the world do we play in LR anymore? That makes no sense at all. They dont even sell it out anymore.
they wouldn't sell out in Fayetteville if they played those rinky dinky teams they give to LR

War Eagle

Quote from: bigworm on October 16, 2017, 10:08:48 pm
My suggestion is if you want your flagship school to play the little brothers.....move to one of the above listed schools. I dont see why some people are so hung up on the topic. Its a no brainer if your the person who has the best interest of that particular university as your #1 priority. Good thing none of you are that person.

But what is the reason(s) for not allowing the school to play other in state teams. It isn't a matter of money. In fact, you would think it would be nice if UofA has to pay money to these smaller schools to come play, why not give that money to other AR schools?

bigworm

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 16, 2017, 11:09:59 pm
they wouldn't sell out in Fayetteville if they played those rinky dinky teams they give to LR

I agree. Sell outs are a thing of the past for us. Maybe someday it will hapoen again.

bigworm

Quote from: War Eagle on October 16, 2017, 11:35:59 pm
But what is the reason(s) for not allowing the school to play other in state teams. It isn't a matter of money. In fact, you would think it would be nice if UofA has to pay money to these smaller schools to come play, why not give that money to other AR schools?

Why? Someone from another state is giving those same schools the same money u of a would give them. So u of a money leaves the state and other money replaces it. Whats the difference? There is absolutely nothing to gain for u of a playing them. If they win, everyone says "well, they should win". Oh but if they lose.

War Eagle

Quote from: bigworm on October 17, 2017, 12:28:23 am
If they win, everyone says "well, they should win". Oh but if they lose.

That answers my question

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bigworm on October 17, 2017, 12:28:23 am
There is absolutely nothing to gain for u of a playing them. If they win, everyone says "well, they should win". Oh but if they lose.

That's what this fan base does anyway

cuckoobird

Same can be said about the out of state bought wins too. What is the u of a fayettville gaining by playing them?

High Voltage

I have always been of the mindset that the U of A should play ASU and now UCA. Bigger gates, more money than playing Coastal Carolina or New Mexico State. If we win then we should against any of those and if we lose then we shouldn't have to any of those. Either way it goes if we play the in state schools more money for everyone. Now with that being said, do not play the games in Little Rock until they upgrade the stadium and fix the clock. It is basically an away game to play in a dump.

PrivateLesson

Little Rock needs a considerable amount of work to the stadium.....I don't think it would be a good idea to play ASU unless it was for like a fundraiser or to kick off the season.   It could cost recruits possibly "if" they beat the U of A.    Too many variables to consider and a working clock would be awesome!   Of all the donors in the state, it looks like a clock could be purchased.  IDK.  Getting a Coaching staff seems to be front and foremost IMO.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 17, 2017, 09:48:47 am #973 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:07:58 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

beach bum

October 17, 2017, 10:08:57 am #974 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:16:19 am by beach bum
Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 17, 2017, 09:48:47 am
I just think you're a lonely person.  And have nothing better to do than to get on boards, where you truly have no interest, just to irritate the posters.   You're like that lonely kid in school who has no friends and has to create his own drama to get attention.  I'm sure you were a braves fan until the Cubs won, then you jumped onto that bandwagon.   All you do is complain and cause controversy, so yes, i attack you personally, because you're a tool.

Then what brings you here?  Just an honest question since you apparently get to decide the merit of all of the posters on here. And seriously, if you were not able to detect my posts were sarcasm from the get go in the PA/Greenwood discussion and you took it as far as you did please go seek anger management classes. You're just a childhood bully that grew into adulthood. I am going to cut you some slack and assume you are only between the age of 19-22. If not and you were not able to detect sarcasm which apparently has angered you to the point of making personal attacks on someone then that is just sad. If you are just some young 20 something I will again just cut you some slack.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 17, 2017, 10:35:58 am #975 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:08:10 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

PrivateLesson

LOL!   And you are sooooooo much different!  ;D :)

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 17, 2017, 10:57:34 am #977 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:08:24 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

cuckoobird

October 17, 2017, 11:31:39 am #978 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:35:18 am by cuckoobird
I think I know who lives with mommy still. The one who can't tolerate someone else's opinion. Btw, PA would curb stomp greenwood

bleudog

Sat
2017-10-21
Auburn 
17 %
21 35 

Sat
2017-10-28
at Mississippi 
33 %
35 41 

Sat
2017-11-04
Coastal Car
94 %
42 20 

Sat
2017-11-11
at LSU
21 %
24 35 

Sat
2017-11-18
Mississippi St
33 %
31 37 

Fri
2017-11-24
Missouri
76 %
42 34

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=316&s=295489

OB11

October 17, 2017, 11:53:43 am #980 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:11:50 pm by OB11
Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 17, 2017, 09:38:39 am
Little Rock needs a considerable amount of work to the stadium.....I don't think it would be a good idea to play ASU unless it was for like a fundraiser or to kick off the season.   It could cost recruits possibly "if" they beat the U of A.    Too many variables to consider and a working clock would be awesome!   Of all the donors in the state, it looks like a clock could be purchased.  IDK.  Getting a Coaching staff seems to be front and foremost IMO.

In all seriousness...losing to teams like ULM and Toledo doesn't lead to losing recruits?

PrivateLesson

Quote from: OB11 on October 17, 2017, 11:53:43 am
In all seriousness...losing to teams like ULM and Toledo don't lead to losing recruits?
Yes, it does....but it looks like that some players who are in state might choose to attend ASU over U of A, if they have been offered by both.  Could it not? 

cuckoobird

No. If you are offered by both you are going to u of a fayettville

OB11

ASU will never be a legitimate threat to the UofA (on the field or with recruiting) until ASU moves to a higher tier conference. Which may or may not ever happen.

Jack1990

I agree the two shouldn't play, but to say ASU has to be in a Higher tier conference to be a threat to the Hogs...what about Louisiana-Monroe? Toledo? Not exactly Power 5 conferences.

OB11

Quote from: Jack1990 on October 17, 2017, 12:28:31 pm
I agree the two shouldn't play, but to say ASU has to be in a Higher tier conference to be a threat to the Hogs...what about Louisiana-Monroe? Toledo? Not exactly Power 5 conferences.

I'm meaning a long-term, year in and year out threat to wins and losses and competing for recruits. Not just a one off game. Like cuckoobird said, as it stands right now almost every recruit in the country will go to any SEC school over any Sun Belt school.

Jack1990

Oh...in that aspect I agree completely.

YC

It's not the fear of losing recruits or of losing a game.

The fear of splitting the fan base over time is the real reason it won't happen.

By playing each other, it will in time split that base. Arkansas being the small state it is population wise, the U of A feels it really can't afford to have that base split.

It would most likely affect ticket sales some but not much. However, it would have a greater effect on the merchandising of the product.

That came straight from the horse's mouth some years ago,

However, if they don't get this mess straighten out soon there won't be left any product to merchandise. I have a lot of doubt if the BOT will make the necessary changes to stop the erosion. They have failed in the past. 

cuckoobird

I don't think you would split the fanbase. Does anyone actually think that LSU has lost a fan over playing one of the smaller LA schools? Or Ohio state has lost a fan? That's another cop out in my opinion

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 17, 2017, 01:55:31 pm
I don't think you would split the fanbase. Does anyone actually think that LSU has lost a fan over playing one of the smaller LA schools? Or Ohio state has lost a fan? That's another cop out in my opinion

I think that too.... I may be wrong, but I would think if you root for one of those smaller schools like UL Monroe or Lafayette cause you are an alumni or something then they probably root for LSU too and just have two teams they root for.

cuckoobird

bigworm

Quote from: War Eagle on October 17, 2017, 03:28:15 am
That answers my question

Well, you must not be very smart. Why else would you think? Explain to me what is to gain by playing them. Heck, i thought that was obvious. I didnt know it needed to be drawn on a piece of paper. If you War Eagles didnt have to play your grandaddy (bama), you may not either. Unfortunately, you have no choice but to take that beating 99.9 percent of the time.

cuckoobird

The argument of what would the university gain by playing them is mute because they would gain more butts in the stands.  The university currently doesn't gain anything by playing a lower tier school from another state.

High Voltage

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 17, 2017, 03:40:35 pm
The argument of what would the university gain by playing them is mute because they would gain more butts in the stands.  The university currently doesn't gain anything by playing a lower tier school from another state.
Yep! And the fact of the matter is we should never lose recruits to UCA or ASU and we should never lose a game to them either. As bad as we have played this year we would still beat either ASU or UCA by 30 or more.

bleudog

Quote from: High Voltage on October 17, 2017, 04:43:03 pm
Yep! And the fact of the matter is we should never lose recruits to UCA or ASU and we should never lose a game to them either. As bad as we have played this year we would still beat either ASU or UCA by 30 or more.

Quote from: High Voltage on October 09, 2017, 09:48:57 am
...........CBB always gives Saban headaches.

Arkansas - 23
Alabama - 22

War Eagle

Quote from: bigworm on October 17, 2017, 03:13:11 pm
Well, you must not be very smart. Why else would you think? Explain to me what is to gain by playing them. Heck, i thought that was obvious. I didnt know it needed to be drawn on a piece of paper. If you War Eagles didnt have to play your grandaddy (bama), you may not either. Unfortunately, you have no choice but to take that beating 99.9 percent of the time.

I don't keep up much with Arkansas and they are the only university that I know of that has that policy.  Typically when I have heard the topic brought up in the past, Arkansas fans tip-toe around the subject but I have never actually heard that the sole reason is because you are worried about losing to another in state school.

I'm not sure why you are so upset about the subject. It is ironic to hear you say something about getting beat by Bama when Arkansas won't schedule a non P5 school and a FCS team in their own state because they are worried about losing to them. That mindset actually seems pretty weak and pathetic and I'd rather lose to Alabama than cower away from a team like Troy and Jacksonville State

bigworm

Quote from: War Eagle on October 17, 2017, 06:53:44 pm
I don't keep up much with Arkansas and they are the only university that I know of that has that policy.  Typically when I have heard the topic brought up in the past, Arkansas fans tip-toe around the subject but I have never actually heard that the sole reason is because you are worried about losing to another in state school.

I'm not sure why you are so upset about the subject. It is ironic to hear you say something about getting beat by Bama when Arkansas won't schedule a non P5 school and a FCS team in their own state because they are worried about losing to them. That mindset actually seems pretty weak and pathetic and I'd rather lose to Alabama than cower away from a team like Troy and Jacksonville State

Thats good because that pretty much all yall do anyway. I dont give a rip if the hogs ever win another game. Nor do i care if auburn does. I dont care if they play every school inside the state or if they dont. None of it makes any difference when i go to sleep at night. But, if i were the person getting paid to make decisions that are supposed to be in the best interest of the U of A i would not play an in state school. I will say this to be honest though...... I do wish these goobers running things over here would have been smart enough to hire Gus. That smaller school that we wont play was smart enough to do just that

High Voltage

Quote from: bleudog on October 17, 2017, 06:49:58 pm

lol, you really should have picked up on the fact that I was trolling. The truth of the matter is I never wanted CBB in the first place.

OB11

Quote from: High Voltage on October 18, 2017, 08:55:35 am
lol, you really should have picked up on the fact that I was trolling. The truth of the matter is I never wanted CBB in the first place.

War Eagle

Quote from: bigworm on October 17, 2017, 08:56:43 pm
Thats good because that pretty much all yall do anyway.

Arkansas has really looked stellar against Bama for the past decade

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas