• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junior High District Tournament Question ???

Started by ballmember, January 23, 2017, 03:17:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmember

Have read something and heard someone say that those 2a teams with 1a combined district will play in the district tourney they are now in.  For example Pangburn 2A is playing class a 2south combined district.  I thought like high school they would separate at the end, but now i am being told they will not do like senior high.  2s class a district is at southside bee branch(which has not played in the combined district) and pangburn Class AA will also [play in that tourney at jr high.  but not senior high.    Don't seem fair for Class a teams , if so,  but as long as 6a and the  big  boys are satisfied is all that counts with this administration. 

Can anyone with knowledge please explain.   Thanks. 

Lee Kingsnatch

January 23, 2017, 04:29:24 pm #1 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:20:54 pm by Lee Kingsnatch

ballmember

thanks for the info.   glad it is not the rule in general     because I think it penalizes the a school with opportunity to win their conference.

gamechanger11

I have been told that none of the coaches in that conference wanted that but the supers got together and decided to allow it. And changed everything else then left it for the coaches to deal with after they went against the coaches and allowed it. And yes it very much does penalize but who cares right.

ballmember

sadly, many don't care about jr high;  I would think pangburn jr teams would have a better chance to win against these A teams then they would against their own 2A conference.    you can bet those folks that approved this did not have any kids on the a teams or did not think their own team could win.   wouldn't it be great if Pangburns jr boys and jr girls win the A conference.   

Basketballfan13

The AAA doesn't control what conference jr high teams play in, or what they do for their district tournament. It was left to the schools to decide if their jr high teams would play in the combine conferences that their sr high teams are in or still play in their original conferences that they were in. Same for the end of the year, some decided to go back to the same classification group that sr high will play at the end of the year while others might have chose to play a tournament with their combined conference that they have been with all season. These are just a few things that the AAA didn't really plan out when making the decision to change everything. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll get much more entertaining when people start seeding into tournaments and voting for all-state selections ;)

gamechanger11

Nor have they communicated anything about how things should be done or go for the conferences or tournaments.

OB11

As stated above, the AAA does not even sanction jr high district tournaments anymore.  So they essentially have nothing to do with them whatsoever.  It is up to the schools to decide what they want to do as far as a jr high district tournament goes.  Or if there is even a tournament at all. 

gamechanger11

Understand that but was referring to sr high. But since you continue to mention that it is not sanctioned and they do not care. Why are there even eligibility rules and regulation for jr high kids then. If none of it matters whether a player moves in or not they should not be ineligible if this is the case.

OB11

The AAA could really care less about eligibility until a student is in 9th grade.  Yes you have to enter eligibility for all students 7-12 and make sure they make the grades and are the right age. But if it happens that a student is ineligible before the 9th grade it is mostly left up to the schools to discipline that.  I can assure you the AAA is not going to be looking into whether a 7th grader is eligible or not.  It's not worth their time to do so. 

That's why I think they dropped the jr high tournaments and left it up to the schools.  They were doing nothing in the way of regulating them anyway.  It was easier for them to just wipe their hands of it and let it be. 

SackAttack

Quote from: OB11 on January 24, 2017, 09:36:12 am
The AAA could really care less about eligibility until a student is in 9th grade.  Yes you have to enter eligibility for all students 7-12 and make sure they make the grades and are the right age. But if it happens that a student is ineligible before the 9th grade it is mostly left up to the schools to discipline that.  I can assure you the AAA is not going to be looking into whether a 7th grader is eligible or not.  It's not worth their time to do so. 

That's why I think they dropped the jr high tournaments and left it up to the schools.  They were doing nothing in the way of regulating them anyway.  It was easier for them to just wipe their hands of it and let it be.
Yes totally agree because to do so would mean they might actually have to get off their behinds and do some work and we all know that is not going to happen. Would totally destroy their golf games! Wonder what time their tee times are today??

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas