• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 6A Playoff Bracket and Results (Girls Champion: Siloam Springs, Boys Champion: Russellville )

Started by sevenof400, May 03, 2015, 09:33:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck183

Buck183

Buck183

Not much dialog going on here in the 6A thread concerning the teams that made it to the finals. Thought I would throw a couple things out there.

Wanted to congratulate the Siloam girls team for their back to back state title this year. They had to overcome some hard setbacks early in the season with a head coaching change the week of their home opener. This is a tough hurdle considering they lost a great coach that built the program to what it is today.

They got off to a slow start and it took them some time to find their groove with each other on the field. lots of talent that wasn't used to playing with each other. After some mid season position adjustments that started firing on all cylinders. They were impressive to watch after that. By th time playoffs came they were all on the same page.

This was a very young team. They started four freshman and 3 seniors, along with 1 junior and the remaining positions were sophomores.  I would be surprised if this group didn't make a few more appearances with the young talent they have. A great group of seniors that have led the team for years in both school and club ball. They will be missed.

Kudos to a great Searcy team I watched today. Always well coached and full of talent. They played hard today and left nothing on the pitch. They have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. It was a hard fought game on both sides of the ball. A true championship game played by the two best teams. Congrats on your success this year.

Buck

KCShinn21

Quote from: Buck183 on May 23, 2015, 10:52:49 pm
Not much dialog going on here in the 6A thread concerning the teams that made it to the finals. Thought I would throw a couple things out there.

Wanted to congratulate the Siloam girls team for their back to back state title this year. They had to overcome some hard setbacks early in the season with a head coaching change the week of their home opener. This is a tough hurdle considering they lost a great coach that built the program to what it is today.

They got off to a slow start and it took them some time to find their groove with each other on the field. lots of talent that wasn't used to playing with each other. After some mid season position adjustments that started firing on all cylinders. They were impressive to watch after that. By th time playoffs came they were all on the same page.

Who is coaching the Siloam girls? Why the change?
This was a very young team. They started four freshman and 3 seniors, along with 1 junior and the remaining positions were sophomores.  I would be surprised if this group didn't make a few more appearances with the young talent they have. A great group of seniors that have led the team for years in both school and club ball. They will be missed.

Kudos to a great Searcy team I watched today. Always well coached and full of talent. They played hard today and left nothing on the pitch. They have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. It was a hard fought game on both sides of the ball. A true championship game played by the two best teams. Congrats on your success this year.

Buck

Buck183

Quote from: KCShinn21 on May 24, 2015, 04:01:57 pm
Quote from: Buck183 on May 23, 2015, 10:52:49 pm

Who is coaching the Siloam girls? Why the change?

Buck

Almost missed your question. It was hidden in my reply.

Chuck Jones stepped in early this season for former Coach Bowen. Jones assisted in the program under Bowen the last few years. After the season was over last year he decided to step away from the soccer program and take over the track program. If memory serves me right this fit his schedule a little better having kids coming up into school sports. When the vacancy was announced they looked at him as the obvious replacement due to his history with the program under Bowen.

Jones stepped right in and didn't miss a beat. He took a lineup that was already established and moved forward not missing a beat. This was a little disconcerting at first due to the timing of everything. This happened the week of the home opener against Harrison.

As for the reason behind the step down, I coudln't say. The details weren't given to us and I don't listen to the rumor mill.

Either way, all ended well in the season. I saw a coach step in and do a great job keeping players focused and headed in the right direction. He handled the season with class and morals. I admire him for this.

The team hasn't been told if Jones plans to come back next season or step aside for a permanent replacement. The season is only edgy old as I type this. I'm sure the announcement will be made at the appropriate time down the road.

Buck

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas