• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Soccer Commits

Started by Badger, April 28, 2015, 04:41:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Badger

April 28, 2015, 04:41:58 pm Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:02:46 pm by Badger
Anyone know of any Arkansas college commits?  I'll start with the ones I've heard.

Christopher Holmes - UCA-DI (LR Catholic/AR Rush 97 & AU 97)
Marin Carter - Alabama-Birmingham-DI (Conway/AR Rush 97)
Zack Estrada - Fort Hays State-DII (Bentonville/NWA 97)
Josh Howard - Rogers State-DII (Bentonville/NWA 97)
Taylor Overton - Lyon College-NAIA (Bentonville/NWA 97)
Hayden Stricker - Lyon College-NAIA (Jonesboro/AR Rush 97)
Mateo Johnson - Central Baptist-NAIA (Vilonia/AU 97)
Tyler Maynard - Central Baptist-NAIA (White Hall/AU 98)
Colton Townsell - Millsaps College-DIII (Conway/AR Rush 97)

Sir Alex

Carlee Spears UALR Div I (Harrison, Comets) 2016 Grad
Tasha Woodruff Willaims Baptiist NAIA (Harrison) 2015
Shelby Baugh Williams Baptist NAIA (Harrison) 2015

Badger

Amilcar Gonzalez - Neosho County CC (Springdale/Comets?)
Jamie Soto - Neosho County CC (Springdale/Comets?)
Rolando Sidon - Neosho County CC (Har-Ber/Comets 96)

HP14

James Eldred -Lyon College NAIA (Maumelle/AU 97)

Colt

Mountain Home Girls
AnnaBelle Nagle (2015)- Williams Baptist
Sydney Blevins (2015) Hendrix

Kaytlin Jones (2015)- Offers from Ecclesia and Coffeyville CC (KS)
Ana Helmert (2017)- Offers from UALR and ASU

VHSCoach2

A couple more from Vilonia, Kevin Perez and Michaela Wann.  Both have signed with Central Baptist.

Badger

Austin Dow - U. of Ozarks-DIII (Benton/AR Rush 97)

onewildrice

Kawika Pope - University of the Ozarks DIII (FS Southside/FS Express 96)
Bradley Rice - University of the Ozarks DIII (FS Southside/FS Express 96)
Tucker Johnston- Lyon NAIA (FS Southside/FS Express 96)
Jakob Josenberger - Lyon NAIA (FS Northside/FS Express 96)

Scots10

none to harding or ouachita?

What number is the girl from harrison that is going to ualr?

onewildrice

Yuri Richardson - Harding (FS Northside)

jimmyt

T.J. Lovston- Williams Baptist (Beebe High School)

Makenzie Free- Williams Baptist (Beebe High School)

Go Postal

Quote from: Scots10 on April 29, 2015, 10:23:07 am
none to harding or ouachita?

What number is the girl from harrison that is going to ualr?
(Carlee Spears UALR Div I (Harrison, Comets) 2016 Grad)
I you wouldn't asked, I could have told you.  Old person's brain trying to remember.  I think #5. 

GenesisGuzman16

Orie Davis (El Dorado '15, GK) committed to Louisiana College.

Badger

Stephen Enderlin - University of West Florida-DII (LR Catholic/AU 97)

Badger

Elise Reina (2016) - University of Kansas-DI (Springdale Har-Ber/Comets 98).  Elise is a junior and could have also chosen to run DI cross country/track.  She has won the past two 7A state cross country meets and was the 2014-15 Gatorade cross country runner of the year. 

Jhssuperfan

Cortez Jordan mount Marty college / naia ( Jacksonville high school)

hogbert

Quote from: Badger on May 06, 2015, 06:48:37 am
Elise Reina (2016) - University of Kansas-DI (Springdale Har-Ber/Comets 98).  Elise is a junior and could have also chosen to run DI cross country/track.  She has won the past two 7A state cross country meets and was the 2014-15 Gatorade cross country runner of the year. 

as I remember, her daddy was a pretty good athlete himself. :0)

Badger

May 06, 2015, 06:27:53 pm #17 Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:32:53 pm by Badger
Mommy was good, too, just not an Olympian like daddy. Yes, Miss Reina has exceptional bloodlines.  I understand she is a very hardworking and gritty competitor, too.

The Coach

Rachel Lehr - Radford College (Berryville/Comets)

Lionheart88

UAPB's coach was at the White Hall/DeQueen girls game last night watching White Hall's keeper and a DeQueen player.  Don't know that either's been officially offered though.  Will update if I hear different.

Scots10

6aSoccer

They only have two players on UAPB soccer team and will take anyone right now.

Scots10

It is correct that the guy the hired had only coached HS, Club and assisted a DII College?

Lionheart88

Quote from: Scots10 on May 10, 2015, 04:26:15 pm
It is correct that the guy the hired had only coached HS, Club and assisted a DII College?
Not exactly.  He'd been at a junior college the past two years (in addition to the others you mention) and prior to coming to the US worked with both college and youth academy teams in the UK (including Chelsea).  His UAPB bio: http://www.uapblionsroar.com/staff.aspx?staff=137

Scots10

I'll just say the UK Coaches that claim working with pro youth academies in England are normally fraud.  Seems crazy a DI(ish) school hired a Juco coach.

Buddyo

May 11, 2015, 06:19:15 pm #25 Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:40:35 pm by Buddyo
Brandon Olsen-Lyon College -LRCA/Westside Capitals 97

big slop

Gerardo Hernandez - Williams Baptist College  (Dardanelle)

YellowFellow

Victoria Neblett - University of Central Oklahoma-DII (Little Rock Christian/Arkansas United)

Sir Alex

Quote from: YellowFellow on May 14, 2015, 09:00:42 am
Victoria Neblett - University of Central Oklahoma-DII (Little Rock Christian/Arkansas United)

Well deserved, great player. 

Buck183

Annika Bos- John Brown University (Siloam Springs/Arkansas Comets)
James Pollard- John Brown University (Siloam Springs)
Kaylie Lane- Oklahoma Baptist (Siloam Springs/ Arkansas Comets)

Buck

Sir Alex

Quote from: Buck183 on May 15, 2015, 12:13:00 am
Annika Bos- John Brown University (Siloam Springs/Arkansas Comets)
James Pollard- John Brown University (Siloam Springs)
Kaylie Lane- Oklahoma Baptist (Siloam Springs/ Arkansas Comets)

Buck

Congrats to them, all excellent players.

Lefty

Ethan Brass - Hendrix College. (Episcopal Collegiate/Arkansas United)

jimmyt

Brian Farmer- Missouri Baptist (Beebe High School)

Bendecko

Based on the posts above, Lyon College has picked up some of Arkansas' top players.  Outside of UCA (I did hear that Lyon tied them in a friendly this past spring), Lyon may be the top men's soccer program in the state or at least heading in that direction.

Taylor Overton - Bentonville/NWA 97
Hayden Stricker - Jonesboro/AR Rush 97
James Eldred - Maumelle/AU 97
Tucker Johnston - FS Southside/FS Express 96
Jakob Josenberger - FS Northside/FS Express 96
Brandon Olsen - LRCA/Westside Capitals 97

Congrats to these boys and the rest of the boys/girls who will be playing at the next level this fall.

Lionheart88

I have a hard time believing that.  OBU and Harding also have fairly strong men's programs.  They don't seem to recruit quite as much in-state talent, but when you consider the level of Arkansas soccer, that may be a mark in their favor.  Lyon may well be the best of the NAIA programs though, you'll get no argument from me there.

Bendecko

I was just making an observation based on the number of boys going to Lyon...these boys come from good soccer schools/programs and I've seen some of their names over the years through ODP, All-Star, and some are sure to be All State (some were all-state in 2014). Not sure I agree with the OBU/Harding comment but that's ok.  I've seen both OBU and Harding play friendlies with the Arkansas ODP teams over the years and wasn't overly impressed....but not sure if they fielded their best players.  However, I agree they are in the top tier soccer programs in the state.  In looking at the current rosters for these schools OBU has 29 players from Texas, 9 from Arkansas, 1 from Ok and 1 International.  Harding has 11 from Texas, 5 from Ok, 3 from Mo, 1 from Arkansas, 3 from other states and 1 International.  Lyon has 10 from Arkansas, 4 International, 2 west coast, 2 east coast and 2 from other states. 

arksoc

Probably ought to look at head-to-head records for the schools rather than where the players are from. That's pretty meaningless. Also meaningless are the matches versus ODP teams. Those are off-season and the teams are doing a lot of things other than trying to win. Lyon is a good program and has some good players to be sure. And I'm very glad they are recruiting a lot of in-state players. But that fact alone doesn't say much about how competitive they're likely to be against other Arkansas schools. Those players from out-of-state at other schools are also coming from good soccer schools/programs and were likely ODP, all-state, etc., too.

Scots10

Lyon>

Lol but did you use the OBU football roster or soccer?  40 players on a soccer team  ::)

Bendecko

June 01, 2015, 06:51:42 pm #38 Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:53:40 pm by Bendecko
^ agree  ARKSOC ;D

Bendecko

Quote from: Scots10 on June 01, 2015, 06:50:17 pm
Lyon>

Lol but did you use the OBU football roster or soccer?  40 players on a soccer team  ::)

IKR...doubled checked and there's 40 on their roster.  Can't they only field 18 or so?

Bendecko

Lyon is 4-0 against Harding since 2010 and 1-1-1 against OBU since 2011

Scots10

Quote from: Bendecko on June 01, 2015, 06:58:06 pm
Lyon>

IKR...doubled checked and there's 40 on their roster.  Can't they only field 18 or so?

But they can all pay tuition lol

Lionheart88

Quote from: Scots10 on June 01, 2015, 10:01:37 pm
Quote from: Bendecko on June 01, 2015, 06:58:06 pm
Lyon>

But they can all pay tuition lol
I'm afraid I don't get the joke.  What's funny about having a bunch of kids that can pay tuition?

Sir Alex

That is how private schools stay open and a reason why they have athletics.  More students = more tuition dollars= longevity in keeping the doors open.  Pretty sure that was what he was getting at.

Scots10

Quote from: Sir Alex on June 02, 2015, 07:09:20 am
That is how private schools stay open and a reason why they have athletics.  More students = more tuition dollars= longevity in keeping the doors open.  Pretty sure that was what he was getting at.

Thank you.   

Programs that have numbers like that keep the sport around for 1 reason, bringing in over a million on that team.
Not sure what the girls roster looks like but I'd bet it's similar.

Lionheart88

Looking at the roster, more than half of the current roster are freshmen, and most of the rest are sophomores.  Only three are juniors or seniors.  To me that looks like a team in rebuilding mode, not one that's stockpiling players just for the money.  If the ladies team is doing the same, they're doing a heck of a job of it, they won the conference tourney this year and finished runner-up in two of three previous years.

Bendecko

Well four of the six players going to Lyon made the 2015 All State list.....Lyon is building a dynasty... ;) 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas