• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West Fork open

Started by 69RFan, March 27, 2018, 10:54:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

69RFan

Job posted on their website. Any thoughts?

southarkdaddy

whippersnapper

West Fork can be a good job but I am not sure how easy it would be to get the program back on track. These last 2 seasons have been their worst in around 20-30 years. In fact they're just coming off their most successful stretch of football from 2005-2015. In those 11 seasons the tigers compiled a 79-47-1 record, 62 win % average 7-4 record, winning 5 conference championships, playoff appearances in 10 of those 11 seasons, playoff record of 8-10. This is my alma mater so it pains me to see that the success in athletics have dropped off so much. I don't know if its talent or if there is just something cooler to do now.

Jimbo Morphis

$120,000 and a new pickup every 2 years and I'll move up there.

game on

What appears to be the problem?  Didn't they move up classifications a few years back?

RZback

I think they jumped up a couple of years back and the move just make a bad situation worse.  The talent fell off and the competition got better.  Seems WF has run a little bit in streaks,a few good or really good years and a couple of off years so I would expect it will go back up.  I also believe they are moving back down a class to where they were during that 11 year run the whippersnapper talked about. That may be just the thing to help get them going again if they can get a good tough coach to lead them.

game on

If they move down it should hellp. What the junior high teams been doing?

RZback

Don't know for sure but I think they have been doing poorly too.

gameoflife

Quote from: game on on March 28, 2018, 03:59:26 pm
If they move down it should hellp. What the junior high teams been doing?

They are moving to 3A-1.  Some very good teams in there, Booneville and Charleston for instance but also some teams they should be able to compete with next year.

RZback

Quote from: Oldman on March 28, 2018, 10:17:05 am

The line of applicants just got a lot longer in that case.

nsuqb10

Heard they are drawing some decent apps for this job surprisingly, has to be location

Eagle boss

Have you heard any of the names applying for this job? When are they supposed to make a decision?

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

This job was posted at a bad time. Most coaches looking to move up already decided to stay for next year and the players don't know whether to stay or go have to stay longer. Hopefully they get one by the next week or two.

RZback

Any movement on this job? 

Big Fan

Quote from: Oldman on March 28, 2018, 10:17:05 am
You couldn't handle the pay cut.

Eagle boss

Any idea what's going on here, or when they will make a hire? 

nastynice

Jimbo Morphis

WTD

DC from Marion. If so great hire!

Jimbo Morphis

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldman on April 20, 2018, 02:01:50 pm
Why?

Because on here every hire is a "great hire" or a "home run hire".

beach bum

Best of luck to him and I don't know of him so if its his first HC job then congrats on getting the position especially if he is breaking into the HC ranks. West Fork will be a tough one to turn around and someone has to be willing to try.

RZback

Been anywhere other than Marion?

Trojanbird

He was at Stuttgart several years back!

Sporty

Excellent hire! He knows football and will do great teaching it to the players. He will be fair and tough.

Colt

Excellent hire. Knows the game and a great man. Comes from a great family and his father was a great coach himself at Rivercrest.

ClutchFactor62

He's an excellent coach and a 3-4 guru. Should make a great head coach

RZback

He certainly has his work cut out for him.  Wish him best of luck. 

gameoflife

Looks like 5-5 next year?

Trojanbird

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas