• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predictions -- 3A - 7A

Started by unfaceable, September 07, 2015, 09:06:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

unfaceable

Lets get some talk going on who will win it all in each conference this year. My picks are:

7A - Fayetteville. Har-Ber and Bentonville will be their biggest competition this year. Har-Ber is loaded with lots of talent, and Bentonville is good EVERY year, but I think Fayetteville's super sophomores will be too much for people to handle!

6A - Greenwood. Marion is loaded this year, and Russelville is always good, but Greenwood is really really talented, and I don't see them losing to a 6A opponent all year.

5A - Valley View. Don't know much about the 5A, but I do know Valley View is a dynasty in Arkansas volleyball. The only other teams I see competing with them this year are other Northeast schools, like Paragould or Nettleton.

4A - Shiloh. Mena and Shiloh faced off in the state championship last year and Mena got the better of Shiloh. Each team only graduated 2 players from their roster, so I think this year, we'all see them face off again in the finals, but Shiloh will come out on top.

3A - I don't know a lot about this level. Maybe someone else can shed more light on the 3A. Obviously, Paris and Mansfield will both be good again, and I hear Episcopal has one of the better teams they've had in years, so is it possible to see the Paris/Mansfield streak broken?

1-Adam-12

September 08, 2015, 09:18:53 pm #1 Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:55:46 am by 1-Adam-12
In 3A Mansfield probably won't make it. They already have 2 conference losses, including to Lavaca who was beaten by Union Christian tonight.

Paris will be a contender but Booneville will challenge them in the West. IMO these two will settle the West and either will be a tough out at state.

Look out for Walnut Ridge, Hoxie and Harding Academy.

In 4A Mena will be tough to get by. Shiloh might be the only one who could in 4A.

bravehog

Mansfield wins the Harrison Slamfest yesterday with straight set wins over Piggott and Valley Springs and beat Batesville-Southside in the finals. I wouldn't count them out yet. They lost several starters from last year but the new group is starting to gel and they gained a lot of confidence from the Harrison tournament.

1-Adam-12

That does get my attention.  Piggott and VS will likely make 3A state and Southside Batesville has been a regular in the 4A state tournament.

When I saw them earlier this season Mansfield did not seem to have anything going.  Apparently they have their ship righted.

The Lady Tigers will have a key match on the 15th against Booneville, who has been playing very well.  That will go a long way toward both teams' eventual position in the district.

KingOfNothing

September 17, 2015, 12:23:44 pm #4 Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:50:34 am by KingOfNothing
Well, it's looking like Bentonville is running the 7A again. Anyone else tired of them being so good every year?

I think you are right about 6A, unfaceable. Greenwood is REALLY good this year!

In 5A, I think Valley View will win it all. Let's be honest... They would be in the State Championship in 7A most years. Although, Paragould seems to be a good match for them. Unfortunately, they will have played at least twice before the State tournament ever starts... Nobody else will challenge either of these two teams.

In 4A, Mena or Shiloh. Shiloh has played some really tough competition, so it's hard to get a gauge of where they are, considering that Mena hasn't played anything close to that level of competition, but the same could've been said last year, and we all know how that ended. I hear Shiloh will win it all again.

And you're right, bravehog, Mansfield is turning it around. They are well coached and have a lot of tradition, but I still think Paris is the team to beat this year. I'm interested to see what happens in 3A, because it seems that there are many teams that could compete this year. I hear Booneville, Piggott, Episcopal, Valley Springs, and Harding Academy ALL being talked about to compete in State this year.

Vballfan

Quote from: KingOfNothing on September 17, 2015, 12:23:44 pm
Well, it's looking like Bentonville is running the 7A again. Anyone else tired of them being so good every year?

I think you are right about 6A, unfaceable. Greenwood is REALLY good this year!

In 5A, I think Valley View will win it all. Let's be honest... They would be in the State Championship in 7A most years. Although, Paragould seems to be a good match for them. Unfortunately, they will have played at least twice before the State tournament ever starts... Nobody else will challenge either of these two teams.

In 4A, Mena or Shiloh. Shiloh has played some really tough competition, so it's hard to get a gauge of where they are, considering that Mena hasn't played anything close to that level of competition, but the same could've been said last year, and we all know how that ended. I hear Mena will win it all again.

And you're right, bravehog, Mansfield is turning it around. They are well coached and have a lot of tradition, but I still think Paris is the team to beat this year. I'm interested to see what happens in 3A, because it seems that there are many teams that could compete this year. I hear Booneville, Piggott, Episcopal, Valley Springs, and Harding Academy ALL being talked about to compete in State this year.

has Bentonville played Fayetteville, Har-Ber and Southside?  My guess is they have some competition this year - but I will be mildy irritated if they split into to two schools next year and still dominate...imagine Bentonville 1 playing Bentonville 2 each year in the finals- that would be a feat...

I still say Marion and Russellville will be factors in the 6A Race - but it does appear Greenwood is much, much better this year and has established themselves as the favorites.

Valley View in 5A looks like a lock for 2015, 2016 and perhaps 2017.  I'm not sure about the comment of them winning the 7A title - the top 2-3 schools in 7A are in a league of their own in my opinion but Valley View has the potential to get there in the next year or two.

1-Adam-12

Booneville went to Paris tonight and beat the Lady Eagles in 4 (Paris won the 1st game).  The last set was 31-29.  A remarkable volleyball match and now Booneville must be considered as one of the favorites.

KingOfNothing

Bentonille beat Harber in 3 and beat Southside tonight in 5. They play Fayetteville next week. That should be the battle for 1st place. Fayetteville's power will be on display vs. Bentonville's ball control. Should be a great match-up! And I don't think Bentonville will be the same power once they split!

The Booneville win over Paris shocks me, but good for them! I'm glad to see some other teams rising up in 3A!

1-Adam-12

Booneville adds another notch to their belt.  They are 13-2 (6-0) after beating Mansfield tonight in straight games at Mansfield.

500 hitter

Good for Booneville, lots of good folks and kids over there. Keep up the good work.

moe99expedition

7A- Fayetteville vs. Bentonville 9/24/2015. This will be the game that tells it all. Will it be the experience of Bentonville or the youth of Fayetteville that will prevail?

1-Adam-12

In 3A, it seems that four or five teams are standing out, with a few others perhaps a level below.

Hoxie, Booneville, Episcopal, Valley Springs and Paris (despite the Booneville loss) are just going out and doing what they are supposed to do.  Booneville's back-to-back wins at Paris and Mansfield really impressed me.  Hoxie is ringing up some impressive scores in the NE and Episcopal is doing the same in the South.

The Atkins win at Harding Academy got my attention.  Atkins took a game from Booneville earlier this season though the Lady Cats then grabbed the next 3.  Looks like they're playing well.

KingOfNothing

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on September 24, 2015, 05:41:00 am
In 3A, it seems that four or five teams are standing out, with a few others perhaps a level below.

Hoxie, Booneville, Episcopal, Valley Springs and Paris (despite the Booneville loss) are just going out and doing what they are supposed to do.  Booneville's back-to-back wins at Paris and Mansfield really impressed me.  Hoxie is ringing up some impressive scores in the NE and Episcopal is doing the same in the South.

The Atkins win at Harding Academy got my attention.  Atkins took a game from Booneville earlier this season though the Lady Cats then grabbed the next 3.  Looks like they're playing well.

Who has Hoxie beaten/played in the NE?

I have heard that this is Episcopal's best team in years. I'd like to see them do well. Have they played anybody of merit?

Same ? for Valley? Do they have any big wins?

I'm surprised by Booneville. Neither Paris nor Mansfield is a chump, so for them to beat them back to back is a big statement, imo.

I'm glad to see some other competitors emerge in 3A! Looks like it will turn out to be an exciting year!

1-Adam-12

Hoxie has split with Walnut Ridge and beaten Piggott rather soundly.

It's hard to gauge Valley Springs. I think other than tournaments, they have so many in the conference that all they play are conference games.  I know they have a loss to Mansfield.

Our junior high actually played Episcopal when our current seniors were eighth-graders. We beat them soundly, but Episcopal may have had several girls coming to the school that are very good.

Mansfield is not what they have been the past three years. They have a very good middle, decent outside hitter and a developing libero that's not bad.

Paris, of course, has Peevy who is a very good outside. Their middle is good and their libero is excellent. And they do have an outstanding setter.

What I think is happening at Booneville is that seven of the girls on the high school team have JO experience including four that have two years in.  Plus there was already a great libero and an outstanding all-purpose player in place.

moe99expedition

"Well, it's looking like Bentonville is running the 7A again. Anyone else tired of them being so good every year?"
- Not this year Fayetteville beat them last night in 5 sets. Are we seeing a passing of the torch?

1-Adam-12

Hoxie won the battle of the 3A NE with Walnut Ridge and are in total control of that conference with Walnut Ridge 2nd.  Piggott may not even make the state tournament they are hosting after a loss to Crowley's Ridge recently.  We shall see.

In the 3A West Booneville and Paris have locked up the 1-2 spots for the regular season as all other teams have at least 5 conference losses.  Booneville beat Paris earlier with the rematch on Oct. 13 in Booneville.  Should the Lady Cats win or take Paris to 5 they will be the 1.  If Paris wins in 4 it's advantage Lady Eagles because of a 25-12 first game for Paris when they played Booneville the first time, with BHS winning three close ones after that.

3rd is going to be interesting and there may well be a 3-way tie among Union Christian, Lavaca and Mansfield.  If it works out the way I think it will Union will be the 3 seed, Lavaca 4 and Mansfield 5. Union swept Lavaca who swept Mansfield, and Mansfield beat Union in 5 with the rematch yet to come. A Union win just about guarantees the Lady Eagles 3rd place.

1-Adam-12

October 11, 2015, 10:30:29 pm #16 Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:51:16 pm by 1-Adam-12
Here's the situation in 3A coming into the final regular season week.

3A NE--Hoxie will be the 1 and Walnut Ridge will be the 2.  There is no district tournament in this conference.  Piggott has the inside track on the 3 but should Crowley's Ridge upset Walnut Ridge that might all change because the tiebreak between CRA and Piggott goes to CRA.

3A West--Booneville plays Paris on Tuesday in Booneville.  A Lady Cat win gives them the conference championship and #1 seed in next week's district tournament at West Fork.  If Paris wins it depends on the number of games Booneville won in the match.  If it goes to 5 of if it goes 4 and Booneville makes up 4 points, the Lady Cats still would get the 1 if they beat Mansfield Thursday.  If Paris sweeps or Booneville doesn't make up the 4 points in a 4-game match, a Paris win over West Fork Thursday gives them the 1 seed.

The 3 seed will be Mansfield because even if they lose to Booneville and West Fork (the only team that can tie them) wins both their matches, MHS beat WF both times and so would have the tiebreak.

3A North--Valley Springs has won the conference championship.  Alpena has a one-game lead over Bergman for 2nd and those two teams play Tuesday.  Alpena won in 3 in the first matchup and with a considerable margin in points so it will be a tall order for Bergman to get the 2 seed.  Does this conference have a tournament?

3A South--Only a disaster will keep Episcopal from being the 1 seed.  Jessieville and Marianna are fighting it out for 2/3, with Jessieville owning the tiebreak should it come to that.  4 gets in to state this time, and right now Cutter has a tiebreak on KIPP for the 4 seed in regular season play.  Pretty sure this conference has a tournament.

3A Central--There is a district tournament in this conference.  Atkins currently leads and if they and Harding Academy should end up tied the Lady Red Devils have the tiebreak for the 1 seed.  3 is currently between St. Joseph and Conway Christian with CC having the tiebreaker, but they have both Harding Academy and Atkins left.  St. Joseph must also play HA but also gets last-place Jacksonville Lighthouse which should be a sure win.

4A West, our old (and future) conference will have Mena, Fountain Lake and Arkadelphia as 1-2-3.  Ashdown will be the 4 UNLESS they lose both their matches (Malvern, at Waldron) AND Waldron somehow finds a way to beat Fountain Lake AND sweeps Ashdown.  No district tournament.

moe99expedition

Any predictions on the 7A Volleyball state tournament seeding?

Vballfan

7a seeding predications, East is all but set

7a East
1- NLR
2- cabot
3- lr central

7a central
1 - conway
2 - Bryant
3- MSM

7a west
1 - Fayetteville
2 - bentonville
3 - har-ber
4 - fs south side
5- Rogers heritage
6 - Rogers.

moe99expedition

Any take on individual player honors?

Vballfan

Quote from: moe99expedition on October 12, 2015, 11:33:30 am
Any take on individual player honors?

Not sure, but I would Guess POY goes to one of 7a girls in the championship games. I would prob go with the Fayetteville setter, hitters can't do what they do with out a great setter

moe99expedition

Good point! I think either one of those Sophomores will be receiving that award for the next couple years.

TheOfficial

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on October 11, 2015, 10:30:29 pm
Here's the situation in 3A coming into the final regular season week.

3A NE--Hoxie will be the 1 and Walnut Ridge will be the 2.  There is no district tournament in this conference.  Piggott has the inside track on the 3 but should Crowley's Ridge upset Walnut Ridge that might all change because the tiebreak between CRA and Piggott goes to CRA.

3A West--Booneville plays Paris on Tuesday in Booneville.  A Lady Cat win gives them the conference championship and #1 seed in next week's district tournament at West Fork.  If Paris wins it depends on the number of games Booneville won in the match.  If it goes to 5 of if it goes 4 and Booneville makes up 4 points, the Lady Cats still would get the 1 if they beat Mansfield Thursday.  If Paris sweeps or Booneville doesn't make up the 4 points in a 4-game match, a Paris win over West Fork Thursday gives them the 1 seed.

The 3 seed will be Mansfield because even if they lose to Booneville and West Fork (the only team that can tie them) wins both their matches, MHS beat WF both times and so would have the tiebreak.

3A North--Valley Springs has won the conference championship.  Alpena has a one-game lead over Bergman for 2nd and those two teams play Tuesday.  Alpena won in 3 in the first matchup and with a considerable margin in points so it will be a tall order for Bergman to get the 2 seed.  Does this conference have a tournament?

3A South--Only a disaster will keep Episcopal from being the 1 seed.  Jessieville and Marianna are fighting it out for 2/3, with Jessieville owning the tiebreak should it come to that.  4 gets in to state this time, and right now Cutter has a tiebreak on KIPP for the 4 seed in regular season play.  Pretty sure this conference has a tournament.

3A Central--There is a district tournament in this conference.  Atkins currently leads and if they and Harding Academy should end up tied the Lady Red Devils have the tiebreak for the 1 seed.  3 is currently between St. Joseph and Conway Christian with CC having the tiebreaker, but they have both Harding Academy and Atkins left.  St. Joseph must also play HA but also gets last-place Jacksonville Lighthouse which should be a sure win.

4A West, our old (and future) conference will have Mena, Fountain Lake and Arkadelphia as 1-2-3.  Ashdown will be the 4 UNLESS they lose both their matches (Malvern, at Waldron) AND Waldron somehow finds a way to beat Fountain Lake AND sweeps Ashdown.  No district tournament.

Yes, the 3A North has a district.  It starts Thursday at Bergman.  Rumor is Valley's best back row player blew her ACL in a colors basketball game Friday night.  If so, this will hurt them and could rear it's head in the district tourney.

1-Adam-12

October 13, 2015, 06:37:49 am #23 Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:46:06 am by 1-Adam-12
I hate to hear that. Valley appears to have had a strong season and the loss of such an important player (if it happened) could spell trouble.  That would be certain to affect their passing and serve return which are two keys.

Hoping for a quick and full recovery.

gatecrasher

Cutter swept Kipp tonight to lock up the 4 seed. It was Senior Night for my babygirl (she held her emotions in check until the match was over lol).

We get a bye in the conference tournament...we will play Lisa, Kipp or Perryville on Monday night.
A win sends this team to the state tournament for the first time in program history. Cool stuff, despite the crazy regular season.
This team had some high expectations after a summer that saw them whip up on the likes of Lakeside, Arkadelphia, Lake Hamilton and Malvern in Tuesday night team camp play. They were punishing these more established schools.
However, inconsistency was the trademark of the regular season. But for them to be in this position after all that is good stuff. They never quit playing, never got down on themselves.

unfaceable

That is huge for CMS! Hopefully they take care of business in District Tourney and get to State. Unfortunately, it looks like they will get a tough draw, and will have to play either Paris or Booneville, both of whom are very good teams. Nevertheless, just getting to State is a BIG first step in the right direction for any volleyball program. It sounds like they are on the right track. Congratulations to you and your daughter on what sounds like a pretty exciting season thus far. I hope it continues to go well for yall and she is able to finish her high school career proud of herself and her team!

sevenof400

The 3A Central tournament will be held Monday and Tuesday (Oct 19/20) at Rosebud. 

1-Adam-12

Best of luck to your daughter and CMS, Gate. 

We made our first state tournament in '09 and those girls felt like they'd won the whole thing just by getting there.  Since then, we haven't missed going to State.  Hopefully CMS will make it a habit as we have done.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas