• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benefit Games

Started by Rob Van Winkle, August 04, 2017, 02:02:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Van Winkle

8/24 Har-Ber will host Bixby OK, NLR and Bentonville.

BV vs NLR and Har-Ber vs. Bixby. Should be 2 very competitive scrimmages.

HarBer Dad

What time does the scrimmage start?

Rob Van Winkle

Last year HB didn't start until around 8 so my guess is BV-NLR will go first around 7.

jking7

August 09, 2017, 03:01:30 pm #3 Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 08:06:44 am by jking7
Van Buren will host Prairie Grove on Aug. 22nd

FS Southside will host Alma on Aug. 21st

sportsguy80

Thanks for the updates guys. Keep em coming

RamblinWest

West plays at Poteau on Aug. 24th

Rob Van Winkle

BV-NLR starts at 6
Harber-Bixby starts at 730

Rob Van Winkle

Fayetteville travels to Greenwood for what should be one of the best benefit games in the state. Starts at 6

FortSmithFootballFan

Did anyone see the Alma V. Southside scrimmage? Care to comment?

sportsguy80

Looking forward in tonight's scrimmage games at HarBer.

businesstron

Bentonville lost to NLR tonight 41-18 in a 2 qtr scrimmage.  NLR pretty much ran over Bentonville.  Just about all of their td were rushing.   God knows how many yards they had rushing as a team......probably around 200.

sportsguy80

Quote from: businesstron on August 24, 2017, 07:44:35 pm
Bentonville lost to NLR tonight 41-18 in a 2 qtr scrimmage.  NLR pretty much ran over Bentonville.  Just about all of their td were rushing.   God knows how many yards they had rushing as a team......probably around 200.
Yea NLR looked very very good.

HarBer Dad

Quote from: sportsguy80 on August 24, 2017, 08:09:13 pm
Yea NLR looked very very good.
That did not look like the Bentonville teams I've seen in the past.  Wonder if the split is finally hurting them. 

DaultonH

sportsguy80

Quote from: HarBer Dad on August 24, 2017, 10:00:24 pm
That did not look like the Bentonville teams I've seen in the past.  Wonder if the split is finally hurting them.
I left early. How did HarBer finish?

HarBer Dad

If HB and BV are the best of the 7A West then just give the trophy to NLR, not even close.

Fortunately, it's not November.  Take aways from tonight
NLR looked strong both sides of the ball.  Only question is that the same couple of players were making plays on both sides of ball and played even when game was out of hand.  Makes me wonder if they have depth issues.

BV looked slow and not very athletic.  Couple of exciting players but overall not what you expect from BV.  body language on the team was terrible.  They were outclassed and knew it.

HB I've followed this team since season 1 and I've never seen team speed like they have this year.  They also have a QB who can distribute the ball.  However, tonight the running game was nonexistent and QB pressured.  If the O-Line comes along the offense will be explosive.  D also with great team speed but they miss Nasali big time.  However they have a promising Jr. ILB that didn't play tonight, not sure why.  Penalties continue to be an issue with this team, always has been. 

Rob Van Winkle

Good take Dad. The LB that didn't play is going through concussion protocol. Should be released over the weekend. OL is definitely a concern but give Bixby credit, they had some dudes up front. Definitely deserving of their high preseason ranking in OK.

NLR looked very, very impressive. I'm going to give them more credit instead of saying BV looked bad but this did not look like the BV teams of years past. The split may already be taking its toll.

Anyway glad the preseason is over and now on to the real thing. Ready for the trip to FSSS next Friday.

businesstron

Ok here's my take.   I didn't get to see half of the Bentonville scrimmage but...

The last time i seen a Bentonville team look that bad was 2004.  That might've been Lunney's first year.  But they just didn't look good.  Their lines aren't as good as they've been in the past and to me was what their Trump card was during the Lunney era.  They had good skill players during that time too but their O and D lines were what made all that easy.   I said it early that I thought they would really feel the split this year. That was more based off of moving from east side of town (close to Memorial park)  to moving to the west side of town out near Elm Tree.    But anyway that Bentonville vs West game might be a good one this year. 

North Little Rock looked good as well but they didn't look too much different from what they were last year.  Good running game and an efficient short passing game.  That might be enough to atleast get them to the title this year.  Their defense also played good too. 

Harber looked decent.  The defense was fast and good.....but a little undisciplined.  The coach made the right decision pulling most of them out after that 30-45 yard penalty they got.   Their offense is gonna need work though.  I'm used to Harber lining up in the pistol and running it down hill,then throwing a few long bomb down
the field and then in between that running sweeps off the edge.  They didn't do alot of that yesterday.  I saw runs out of the shot gun.  They did throw the ball down the field a lot but they did alot of short stuff too.   They are gonna miss that running back though.  Their offensive line need work as well.   The receivers were decent.   I liked #1...I think his last name was Brock.  He ran good routes and he looks like he's fearless.  He tried to hurdle someone on a kickoff. 

Bixby looked decent as well.  They had some big boys on both of their lines.  They might've been playing some of em on offense and defense.  They played Harber pretty tough though.   I think they may be the 5a defending champions this year. 

If Harber is the best team in 7a this year then I think this is gonna be a down year for the whole conference.  Kind of like the time Rogers got to the state championship and lost.  But if say Harber and NLR met up in the state final  I think at this point it would be a low scoring defensive game.

7AFBFAN

Sounds like the 7A may be more competitive this year. I am good with it being down some. Gives a few more teams a prayer come playoff time.

HarBer Dad

August 25, 2017, 09:42:44 am #19 Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:44:52 am by HarBer Dad
Quote from: businesstron on August 25, 2017, 08:52:30 am
Ok here's my take.   I didn't get to see half of the Bentonville scrimmage but...

The last time i seen a Bentonville team look that bad was 2004.  That might've been Lunney's first year.  But they just didn't look good.  Their lines aren't as good as they've been in the past and to me was what their Trump card was during the Lunney era.  They had good skill players during that time too but their O and D lines were what made all that easy.   I said it early that I thought they would really feel the split this year. That was more based off of moving from east side of town (close to Memorial park)  to moving to the west side of town out near Elm Tree.    But anyway that Bentonville vs West game might be a good one this year. 

North Little Rock looked good as well but they didn't look too much different from what they were last year.  Good running game and an efficient short passing game.  That might be enough to atleast get them to the title this year.  Their defense also played good too. 

Harber looked decent.  The defense was fast and good.....but a little undisciplined.  The coach made the right decision pulling most of them out after that 30-45 yard penalty they got.   Their offense is gonna need work though.  I'm used to Harber lining up in the pistol and running it down hill,then throwing a few long bomb down
the field and then in between that running sweeps off the edge.  They didn't do alot of that yesterday.  I saw runs out of the shot gun.  They did throw the ball down the field a lot but they did alot of short stuff too.   They are gonna miss that running back though.  Their offensive line need work as well.   The receivers were decent.   I liked #1...I think his last name was Brock.  He ran good routes and he looks like he's fearless.  He tried to hurdle someone on a kickoff. 

Bixby looked decent as well.  They had some big boys on both of their lines.  They might've been playing some of em on offense and defense.  They played Harber pretty tough though.   I think they may be the 5a defending champions this year. 

If Harber is the best team in 7a this year then I think this is gonna be a down year for the whole conference.  Kind of like the time Rogers got to the state championship and lost.  But if say Harber and NLR met up in the state final  I think at this point it would be a low scoring defensive game.
#1 is Brock Pounders.  He is quite the talent.  One of the conferences best lock-down CB as well.  He started last year at CB as a sophomore. 

sportsguy80

On another note one of HarBer's starting o-linemen went down with an injury. I hope it wasn't major but it didn't look good. Also, Bentonville has to clean up on the PATs. I was a bit surprised to see their coach go for two on the second score instead of working on the kicking game. Lastly, is it me or does Bentonville numbers seem to be down from last year? I'm used to them having a sideline full.

Rob Van Winkle

Another takeaway from the Harber game was the lack of composure on the punt play that resulted in multiple penalties. They only marked off 45 yards but It could have been 60 or more. That type of bone headed, undisciplined behavior will cost them big time at some point this year if they don't get it corrected. The bad thing is they had similar issues last year and the year before.

It's a bad reflection on the program to say the least. In old school Springdale, this type of behavior would not have happened and if it did, the kids would have run until the puked and then kept on running. Hopefully a strong message will be sent and this behavior will get cleaned up.

HarBer Dad

Quote from: sportsguy80 on August 25, 2017, 10:32:52 am
On another note one of HarBer's starting o-linemen went down with an injury. I hope it wasn't major but it didn't look good. Also, Bentonville has to clean up on the PATs. I was a bit surprised to see their coach go for two on the second score instead of working on the kicking game. Lastly, is it me or does Bentonville numbers seem to be down from last year? I'm used to them having a sideline full.

Out for the season with torn ACL.  Another starting OL out recovering from concussion.  D might have to carry the team for a while.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas