• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your most odd ball dark horse surprise for this year

Started by RiverEagle079, July 04, 2017, 10:26:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverEagle079

We all know the talk about the common top schools in this division.  Its always fun to go for the Cinderella story sometimes.  What is your unexpected team to do significantly well and what prediction do you think will happen to that team?

I would like to see either Augusta or PW make it deep in the playoffs.
Augusta because if they field a team (not sure of this or not) would have everyone counting them out. I would like this team to hit the 1st or second round of the playoffs.
PW because I don't like to see a team get beat down all the time.  I want to see PW get second or third in conference and make it to the quarter finals.
Tell me what y'all think

brotherdew

Well....

If all the talk heard earlier on another thread has any semblance of the truth to it Mountain Pine will be a force to be reckoned with.
They said the starting quarterback from Lake Hamilton was playing for them as were a handful of kids from Hot Springs.
Of course every school has a rumor or two about incoming players so who knows...

panther_forever

HOGS1976

Hgalum50

Could we say Foreman beats Mt. Ida for conference title?

Butch_Cassidy

Quote from: stuck in between on June 28, 2017, 07:32:42 am
Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 27, 2017, 08:29:21 pm
1 Mt Ida
2 Rison
3 CHG
4 Danville
5 Bearden
6 Hampton
7 Des Arc
8 McCrory
9 Conway Christian
10 Cross County
11 England
12 Earle
13 Hector
14 Carlisle
15 Hackett
16 Murfreesboro
17 EPC
18 Hazen
19 Foreman
20 Palestine-Wheatley

Hootens continues it's love affair with the 8. I see CHG being a legitimate contender and Rison is always going to be tough. A serious question though, why all the hype about Bearden this year? What has happened to cause everyone to consider them a virtual shoe in? They have averaged 3.5 wins the last two years. I know in the years previous they have ran through competition. Is everyone's expectations based on previous success? No disrespect intended. I grew up playing in the 8 and with Coach Horstkamp. Just curious. I figure Hampton is a top 20 team, but somewhere below the #15 mark. They have the wrong Bulldogs in the #6 spot that spot should be Earle's. Everything else looks pretty close to me considering it is only June.   
Based on Hootens and how the eventual state champ is picked by RPS.... Any team outside of the Top 10 and Im going with number 12 Earle

Eslim03

Quote from: Hgalum50 on July 08, 2017, 01:47:44 pm
Could we say Foreman beats Mt. Ida for conference title?

This very well could happen and it not be as big of a upset as hootens thinks. Foreman is to low in their rankings. Mt. Ida will not take foreman lightly they know what they have.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Eslim03 on July 08, 2017, 03:15:48 pm
This very well could happen and it not be as big of a upset as hootens thinks. Foreman is to low in their rankings. Mt. Ida will not take foreman lightly they know what they have.
Thats what I was thinking I really think Foreman can go deep in the playoffs this year!

stuck in between

Gonna be extremely tough for the Gators to go to Mt. Ida and pull that one off. I'm not saying it can't happen, but the odds are heavy in the Lion's favor. I think Hooten's pegged us about right especially considering we lost close to not over 2,500 yards of offense to graduation last year. I'd rather start off at #19 and work forward any day than start higher and fall off. We have to keep in mind last year was our first winning season in several years. Although optimism is extremely high respect has to be earned. I think both teams will be undefeated when they meet, but don't ever sleep on Dierks. That's what happened to Ida last year and we took a pretty good whipping from Murfreesboro at home as well. #19 is a good place to start the year, but I too think we could finish in the top 10.

bearbacker52

hampton superman left but they will do better than what the peanut gallery claims.

M.I. D

Neckred

Foreman isnt going to beat Mt. Ida.  Foreman has some good players back but they lost some.  Zero depth

couch-coach06

Quote from: Neckred on July 12, 2017, 01:20:53 pm
Foreman isnt going to beat Mt. Ida.  Foreman has some good players back but they lost some.  Zero depth

IL just save this for later..

Neckred

couch-coach06

We have a pair of kids in competition for QB yes .. u do understand we run the triple option .. look I'm not trying too say we are Gona go in there and murder them but too give us zero chance when they beat us by 1 pt last year with one of our best players on the side lines most of the game is a bit unfair

Neckred

Lions84

Clarendon wins 10 games and goes 2 rounds deep this year.

brotherdew

Mineral Springs is showing tons of improvement over recent years. They have the tools to score and with a little aggression could stop a lot of folks.
I hear a new coach at Magnet Cove has brought some much needed life into that program, so don't overlook them either.

RiverEagle079

MomaLion

Quote from: Lions84 on August 17, 2017, 10:43:35 am
Clarendon wins 10 games and goes 2 rounds deep this year.
lol I don't see this happening, but I do think we win more than anyone expects.

BigLion10

Clarendon has the talent to win 6 or 7 games and be the 3rd or 4th seed in the 6 this year and win a playoff game imo, now whether they do it or not is a different subject.

orange_powerade

Magnet Cove is going to be back to their winning ways this year!

Rida4Life

I think it's hilarious that before school was out Magnet folks were crying all over this site about how they made a bad hire.  Now they are going to shock the state......
Can anyone say "Rose-Colored glasses"?

orange_powerade

Coach is bringing smash mouth football back.  Nobody in the conference will be excited to play us. 

Rida4Life

Good for ya'll.... I thought it was a good hire... just got told by the droves of Cove fans that it was awful at the time. 
Best of luck to you..... after week 1 of course.....
#GoBigBlue

MomaLion

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 18, 2017, 08:06:22 am
Clarendon has the talent to win 6 or 7 games and be the 3rd or 4th seed in the 6 this year and win a playoff game imo, now whether they do it or not is a different subject.
I'd be thrilled with 4 or 5 wins lol

KOJACK

Not a dark horse, but going out on a limb and saying CHG wins it all this year.

gooze55

Quote from: KOJACK on August 18, 2017, 12:26:05 pm
maybe

RiverEagle079

Quote from: KOJACK on August 18, 2017, 12:26:05 pm
That's going to be a tough hill to climb

bigworm

Ventman

OW is due a good year. They always have some great looking athletes. I believe Hazen will surprise a few folks.

Lions84

I ready to see Clarendon go back to being a 6-8 win per a season program like the 1980's then again under Coach Hart!

PapaHog

I think everybody in the conference will still be pretty excited to play the cove. Everyone gets excited about getting wins.

da greatest bigbaby

August 20, 2017, 11:11:04 am #33 Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:22:58 am by da greatest bigbaby
 With all the talent the Clarendon lions should go 8-2 may have trouble with Des arc an cross co you guys now whether they play all quarters that's a different story an stay injury free  our star rb is back an our star  basketball player is @ QB kalil j 6'2 180 similar to last year qb jama cross 4.5 speed  they should  get 2nd or 3rd  in the 2a-6 don't think Brinkley Augusta marvell will have a chance lo numbers if they even have a team  an palestine mccrory an carlisle no speed or talent an hazen  may do something nxt season  go lions whip em

MomaLion

Ced won't be playing but we have much better numbers and size than in past years and they have been hitting the weights in the off season, so I expect a good season.  Speed is never an issue with us.  If we stay healthy we could surprise some folks for sure...several QBs to choose from...KJ, MH and JB that I know of.

big E

MomaLion

What kind of numbers do y'all have this year big E?

big E

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on August 21, 2017, 06:03:44 am
32 but we are slow and not very talented.
I didn't say that...I honestly have no idea what y'all have.  I'd say y'all should have a good year before jumping up to 3A.

big E

I know that was directed at da greatest big idiot.

BisonFan1

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on August 20, 2017, 11:11:04 am
With all the talent the Clarendon lions should go 8-2 may have trouble with Des arc an cross co you guys now whether they play all quarters that's a different story an stay injury free  our star rb is back an our star  basketball player is @ QB kalil j 6'2 180 similar to last year qb jama cross 4.5 speed  they should  get 2nd or 3rd  in the 2a-6 don't think Brinkley Augusta marvell will have a chance lo numbers if they even have a team  an palestine mccrory an carlisle no speed or talent an hazen  may do something nxt season  go lions whip em

I guess we might as well just forfeit since we have no talent and no speed  ::)

da greatest bigbaby

August 21, 2017, 10:28:41 pm #41 Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:30:41 pm by da greatest bigbaby
Yeah I didn't see any speed or talent with palestine since  Dawson has graduated an moma I didn't kno they were moving up to 3a nxt season where they get extra students from Forrest city an moma were gonna move m horn to back up running back an kalil j to QB it's a game time decision this is my dark horse group most of these guys r actually football players  they been whip'n palestine Brinkley Augusta marvell them like a combined 120- 14 in our new jr high system staff ect an I'm not sure what carlisle has this year but I do know we were a play away from whip'n em last year with a back up running back an QB loss by a touchdown were close'n the gap quickly moma did you make it to the jamboree tonite in England to see the Clarendon lions

big E

I counted 21 kids for Clarendon tonight.  And you ain't beating PW Carlisle and McCrory by that Margin. So you get first shot at that scenario week 3 at PW. Guess how that's gonna turn out.

MomaLion

I'm guessing it's gonna be closer than anyone thinks. Y'all have size but I didn't see a ton of speed. Plus our guys have a score to settle after Ced being hurt so badly. I'm not saying we'll win or lose,  but it'll be a game.

da greatest bigbaby

Not sure what game you were @ but if we play yaw we prolly will whip yaw palestine  lol just like the others last nite we whip'd England , little rock fair an lost to Earle in the jamboree but soo did everyone else pretty good qb bohahnon but you guys come on  please  just make sure you show up  lol go lions whip mark tree  an moma ted nun ran really well l Stewart 5'10 190 soph an Cam'ron 6'2 190 jr  on defense  malik 6'3 175 jr  block'd well good hands  mostly soph an jr's salty QB kj 6'2 180 sr 

big E

I seem to remember Fair beating you in the 12 minute scrimmage. Trust me we got enough speed to beat y'all and we will week 3 at Palestine mark it down just so y'all can't say you don't know what happened it was because we were better and we just beat you. As for a score to settle y'all wouldn't have won that game last year with him the whole game you never stopped us when it mattered.

MomaLion

The score they want to settle has nothing to do with the score board. Why didn't y'all play us in the scrimmage?
We didn't whip England either but tied both games. We split with Fair.

big E

Quote from: MomaLion on August 22, 2017, 03:15:06 pm
The score they want to settle has nothing to do with the score board. Why didn't y'all play us in the scrimmage?
We didn't whip England either but tied both games. We split with Fair.
Don't know ask coach Garrett that we didn't get to choose.  And if it has nothing to do with the scoreboard then it must be personal.  Funny thing the kid they should have a problem with ain't on this team and even if he was y'all should really let this go it's football injuries happen it's been almost a year and we are still talking about this .

RiverEagle079

WorkOrder

I will go with Mineral Spring. I watched them this summer at some team camps and look like they will be tough.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas