• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5--Boys and Girls

Started by HorseFeathers, October 13, 2014, 09:44:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Not looking for a lot of discussion here, but with the season starting in a little over a week...I'll tally the votes on Sunday if anyone is interested in adding their ranking to this.

Just list your top 5 for both, you can add commentary or not, it's up to you.

1. Bay
2. Wonderview
3. Emerson
4. Scranton
5. County Line

Girls
1. Nemo Vista
2. Wonderview
3. ICC
4. Kingston
5. Kirby

Boys I think is pretty clean cut and dry at the top, the next 3 could be interchanged, and number 5 is my bias to County Line since they've been a regular in state for the last 7 years or so.

Girls--Nemo and Wonderview will be the best 4 matchups of 1A girls schools in the state this year. ICC(And their matchup with Nemo to kick off the season should be a classic) shouldn't be to far off the pace, just gotta wonder if the competition level will be there in the 1A-2N to keep them sharp this year. Been told Kingston should be dangerous as always, and Kirby is well Kirby, when you write them off they make another run at state right?

Pfan1115

Boys
1 bay
2 nemo vista
3 emerson
4 icc
5 wonderview

BasketballCoach45

Boys:

1. Wonderview
2. ICC
3. Norfork
4. Bay
5. Emerson

Girls:
1. Wonderview
2. Kirby
3. Kingston

J.D.

Quote from: HF on October 13, 2014, 09:44:14 pm
Not looking for a lot of discussion here, but with the season starting in a little over a week...I'll tally the votes on Sunday if anyone is interested in adding their ranking to this.

Just list your top 5 for both, you can add commentary or not, it's up to you.

1. Bay
2. Wonderview
3. Emerson
4. Scranton
5. County Line

Girls
1. Nemo Vista
2. Wonderview
3. ICC
4. Kingston
5. Kirby

Boys I think is pretty clean cut and dry at the top, the next 3 could be interchanged, and number 5 is my bias to County Line since they've been a regular in state for the last 7 years or so.

Girls--Nemo and Wonderview will be the best 4 matchups of 1A girls schools in the state this year. ICC(And their matchup with Nemo to kick off the season should be a classic) shouldn't be to far off the pace, just gotta wonder if the competition level will be there in the 1A-2N to keep them sharp this year. Been told Kingston should be dangerous as always, and Kirby is well Kirby, when you write them off they make another run at state right?

Thank you, by the way.

J.D.

I don't rank teams but Nemo an Wonderview should be at the top of every list for girls.  Followed by Kirby, Kingston and Mulberry.  I do not know enough about ICC to see where they stand among this group.  After their game with Nemo, I will know more. 

This is already going to be a terrific year for 1A girls basketball. If ICC is as good as advertised, then we are in store for a really wild season. (Well.. State Tournament but that's too far off)

WPWells

Boys:

1. Bay
2. Wonderview
3. Scranton
4. Norfork
5. Emerson

Girls:

1. Nemo Vista
2. Wonderview
3. ICC
4. Kingston
5. Kirby

PuddlePirate12

Boys:
1. Bay
2. Emerson
3. Scranton
4. Wonderview
5. Acorn

Girls:
1. Nemo Vista
2. Wonderview
3. ICC
4. Kirby
5. Kingston

Clutch03

Boys:

1. Wonderview
2. Bay
3. Scranton
4. County Line
5. Nemo Vista

arstatechamp13

Bay
Emerson
Scranton
Wonderview
County Line (just to have a fifth)

Wonderview
Nemo
Mulberry
Kingston
Kirby

NEA Razorback olfan

Boys
1 Bay
2 Nemo
3 Emerson
4 Scranton
5 Norfolk

Girls
1 Nemo
2 Wonderview
3 ICC
4 Kingston
5 Kirby

HorseFeathers

Quote from: J.D. on October 14, 2014, 12:39:06 am
I don't rank teams but Nemo an Wonderview should be at the top of every list for girls.  Followed by Kirby, Kingston and Mulberry.  I do not know enough about ICC to see where they stand among this group.  After their game with Nemo, I will know more. 

This is already going to be a terrific year for 1A girls basketball. If ICC is as good as advertised, then we are in store for a really wild season. (Well.. State Tournament but that's too far off)

You going to make the trip up to brockwell for the Nemo-ICC game?

Silky Johnson

Boys
1 Bay
2 Wonderview
3. Emerson
4. Scranton
5. Nemo Vista
Truly Concord, Shirley, West Side Greers Ferry, and County Line are teams that could also crack the top 5. Nevada might be a team to watch as well. All this is pre season views once the games start we will know the difference between contenders and pretenders. Apparently there have been quite a few move ins an i've only seen most of these over the past few days. Concord is a team I'm really hoping makes it to the post season as they lost 5 starters one being Roark. Richardson played good last year and they have a new center but he's the guy this year. He will be guarded and it will be different than being the guy like the Cornett kid was a couple years ago who was left open most of the time.

Pfan1115

Ive gotten confirmation that there center is there best player and there gaurds are also unusually big for concord gaurds. A very young and athletic team

ballmember

Richardson-Concord is the best player in 2a south; sophomore from Shirley may be 2d best by December; not sure about transfer to Greers Ferry-center.   

ballmember

Girls:  I think ICC will win it all.  get the ball up the court and throw inside.  Wonderview or Nemo have no answer for that.   

Bay wins boys.  No one close.   

Basketball13

I believe Bay will win boys. County Line is young, but talented. Also, Scranton lost almost everything. Don't be surprised if they drop a bit.

J.D.

Quote from: HF on October 14, 2014, 05:14:20 pm
Quote from: J.D. on October 14, 2014, 12:39:06 am

You going to make the trip up to brockwell for the Nemo-ICC game?

Unfortunately no.

HorseFeathers

there goes my hitchhking plans..

WhatsUrRingSize

MY Top 5

1.Bay
2.Emerson
3.ICC
4.Wonderview
5.Nevada

BasketballCoach45

Concord is coming to our classic in Norfork as well as bay. So after all of the teams that are playing in the classic have played at least once I will rank them all in a different thread. This will only be the teams playing in our Twin Rivers Classic though. I will also talk about each team individually.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Basketball13 on October 15, 2014, 10:29:55 am
I believe Bay will win boys. County Line is young, but talented. Also, Scranton lost almost everything. Don't be surprised if they drop a bit.
Scranton still has their two best players...?

HorseFeathers

sebenmorgan and the other guard that could knock down a shot from anywhere in the gym a3re still at scranton. The big guy graduated...not sure about the rest.

Basketball13

Those two guards are solid. Seth Siebenmorgen and Connor Roby. Lost everything else. Don't ger me wrong, they're well coached and a solid team; I just don't see them as a head contender. Hope I'm wrong.

Baller4life23

What Scranton has coming back is 2 leaders that will put the team in a position to win every game they play. They graduated the other 3 starters from last year. However, they have 2 players that will be decent shooters. The 2 best players are on a mission. Most would argue the championship game last year was the semi final game between Scranton and concord. The 2 guards don't want to lose again. I don't expect them to lay down.

J.D.

Quote from: ballmember on October 14, 2014, 10:26:21 pm
Girls:  I think ICC will win it all.  get the ball up the court and throw inside.  Wonderview or Nemo have no answer for that.   

Bay wins boys.  No one close.

Lol

D6Bound

October 15, 2014, 07:29:51 pm #25 Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 07:31:41 pm by D6Bound
Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on October 15, 2014, 11:53:25 am
MY Top 5

1.Bay
2.Emerson
3.ICC
4.Wonderview
5.Nevada
I like this five. But I'd put Emerson ahead of Bay and maybe ICC 4th behind Nevada

FreeMoney

Bay is good Emerson was good last year at state And everyone else has a lot to prove. All this makes interesting conversation but there are probably 15-20 teams around the state that could possibly make up 3-10 with many falling in and out. All these teams I've seen mentioned lost a lot of key players so it's hard to look at any of this with any objectivity. But carry on!!!! A lot of key games early and all of it means nada. This will all make much more sense come Thanksgiving

Basketball13

Quote from: Baller4life23 on October 15, 2014, 05:15:40 pm
What Scranton has coming back is 2 leaders that will put the team in a position to win every game they play. They graduated the other 3 starters from last year. However, they have 2 players that will be decent shooters. The 2 best players are on a mission. Most would argue the championship game last year was the semi final game between Scranton and concord. The 2 guards don't want to lose again. I don't expect them to lay down.

That game was great. The kid from concord just couldn't miss. He could've shot from the other free throw line and hit it at the rate he shot in that semi.

HorseFeathers

Need more top 5's less chatty chat lol

WPWells

This is like HF's version of B.G.'s score thread

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 15, 2014, 09:31:22 pm

Ha yeah something like that...

J.D.

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 15, 2014, 09:31:22 pm

He stole this from me.  STOLE

Hogfan167

Boys

1. Bay
2. Wonderview
3. Emerson
4. Nevada
5. Nemo Vista

Girls
1. ICC
2. Nemo Vista
3. Wonder view
4. Kingston
5. Kirby

HorseFeathers

J.D you know you were tired of doing it.....and the no tlking/B.G reference is referring to the football board ....you'd know thath if you would have went to a school where real sports were played 8)

D6Bound

Quote from: HF on October 16, 2014, 09:17:35 am
J.D you know you were tired of doing it.....and the no tlking/B.G reference is referring to the football board ....you'd know thath if you would have went to a school where real sports were played 8)
BURN

RTF

Boy:
1. Bay

Girl:
1.ICC

Yah.... Those should be preseaon number ones then everyone else......

SirSwish

J.D.

Quote from: HF on October 16, 2014, 09:17:35 am

I'm trying really hard to come up with a Hector joke.

J.D.

Quote from: RTF on October 16, 2014, 03:29:52 pm
Boy:
1. Bay

Girl:
1.ICC

Yah.... Those should be preseaon number ones then everyone else......

lol

Eagles

Boys
1.  Bay
2.  Wonderview
3.  Emerson
4.  Acorn
5.  Scranton

Girls
1.  Nemo Vista
2.  ICC
3.  Wonderview
4.  Kirby
5.  Kingston

Shady

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 14, 2014, 06:06:58 pm
Boys
1 Bay
2 Wonderview
3. Emerson
4. Scranton
5. Nemo Vista
Truly Concord, Shirley, West Side Greers Ferry, and County Line are teams that could also crack the top 5. Nevada might be a team to watch as well. All this is pre season views once the games start we will know the difference between contenders and pretenders. Apparently there have been quite a few move ins an i've only seen most of these over the past few days. Concord is a team I'm really hoping makes it to the post season as they lost 5 starters one being Roark. Richardson played good last year and they have a new center but he's the guy this year. He will be guarded and it will be different than being the guy like the Cornett kid was a couple years ago who was left open most of the time.
Great top 5 Silkey but I'd go with Wonderview and Emerson as 1,2 with Bay a close fourth.

HorseFeathers

Why is everyone so high on Nemo Vista Boys?

arstatechamp13

I was wondering the same thing HF. Something going on over there?

Clutch03

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on October 18, 2014, 09:04:16 am
I was wondering the same thing HF. Something going on over there?

I watched Nemo scrimmage against a AAU team from Morrilton, also 3 of the Morrilton players will be starters for the varsity team. Nemo lost by 3pts but its hard to make a good judgement of the game without playing the best players throughout the entire game but from what I saw they are a solid team, the 6'4 Virden kid containing him will be key.

Pfan1115

Nemo's big kid is best big in state. Ill take him over craine from bay

Silky Johnson

If Crain plays soft he's only effective in spurts but I saw the kid from Nemo last year when bay beat Nemo and he was a pretty good player.

pootnscoot

Boys...
1 Bay Purple team.
2 Bay Gold team.

D6Bound

D6Bound

Quote from: Pfan1115 on October 18, 2014, 11:39:35 am
Nemo's big kid is best big in state. Ill take him over craine from bay
I saw him play last year and he looked good. But does he got much to go along with him?

NEA Razorback olfan

I am going to try and catch an ICC girls contest at the NEA Tourney in Jonesboro if they are still in it this year. I believe they were in it last year. Sounds like a fun group to watch.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas