• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Boy Mowers Classic @ ICC October 20 through 25

Started by bulldog42, September 30, 2014, 11:31:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

saw on jr girls thread bay beat kipp delta 94-7...

Silky Johnson

I didn't see this coming. ICC didn't look bad in the jamboree but this was a different night I guess. Marmaduke might not be that bad either, it is a different year.

PuddlePirate12

How do you watch the games on YouTube? It says they're private. They're probably over or close to it for now but I'd like to watch some over the week

bball101

Silky Johnson

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 20, 2014, 09:11:47 pm
How do you watch the games on YouTube? It says they're private. They're probably over or close to it for now but I'd like to watch some over the week

from school sight its actually broadcast over youtube, at youtube search( bad boy mowers classic)

bball101

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 20, 2014, 09:23:20 pm
What're your thoughts on that game bball101?

Started out slow for Marmaduke. They hung around tho and picked up in the 2nd qtr with inside game. Second half they seemed to have both inside and outside game going. Both teams had turnovers but Duke seemed to have more. ICC played better than I thought they would and Marmaduke, I think, can play better. ICC always plays good at home.

NEA Razorback olfan

to me, Dukes offense looked better than ICC tonight , Ball movement was sharper, got them some open looks at the basket

WPWells

Tomorrow's picks:

Mammoth Spring girls (don't know much about either so I'm going by past performance)
Mammoth Spring boys (heard Hughes is down this year)
ICC girls (possible foreshadowing of a state tournament matchup. I think having one game under their belt and being on their home court helps the ICC girls pull out a great game)
Nemo Vista boys (heard they're up this year)

NEA Razorback olfan

October 21, 2014, 04:25:35 pm #59 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:31:08 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
After 1 qr
Hughes 7
M Springs 10

NEA Razorback olfan

J.D.

Final
Hughes - 70
Mammoth Springs - 44
#23 for Hughes leads way with 23 points followed by #14 with 17 points.
#42 from Mammoth Springs with 21 points.

J.D.

J.D.

tacomeat

Not at ICC, but 2 teams in the field... Bradford SR girls 52-34 final over Tuckerman tonight.

J.D.

Nemo 28-21 end of 3.

If ICC ever dreams of beating Nemo they better do it tonight. 

J.D.

39-25 Final

Nemo.  That score was a lot closer than the game.

J.D.

HF, looks like I was wrong. I said Nemo would win by 20+

J.D.

If these two teams ever play again, it will be much worse. 

LHHC

LHHC

Quote from: J.D. on October 21, 2014, 08:09:31 pm
If these two teams ever play again, it will be much worse.
[/quote

Drink another one dingle berry

J.D.

LHHC

J.D.

Quote from: LHHC on October 21, 2014, 08:57:00 pm
Quote from: J.D. on October 21, 2014, 08:47:41 pm
Quote from: LHHC on October 21, 2014, 08:21:00 pm
Quote from: J.D. on October 21, 2014, 08:05:33 pm
39-25 Final

Not really dude

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're drunk

Now that you mention it, I kinda wish I would've been.  Would've made it more entertaining. 

Clutch03

HorseFeathers

Hear
Quote from: Clutch03 on October 21, 2014, 09:30:49 pm
Anyone know the score on Nemo and Viola boys?
Heard nemo was up 14 at half....might have been first qtr

PuddlePirate12

I believe the final was Nemo 44 Viola 30

coach05

Was Nemo at full strength? Heard rumor a couple girls were injured?

J.D.

Quote from: coach05 on October 21, 2014, 09:52:12 pm
Was Nemo at full strength? Heard rumor a couple girls were injured?

State MVP Chase Paladino did not play.
Neither did the move-in from Guy. 

Like I said, it was ICC's only hope of ever beating Nemo. 

PuddlePirate12

Clutch03

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 21, 2014, 09:33:24 pm

Thanks! What does Viola have? I've seen Nemo in a scrimmage game but how would you judge em against Viola?

J.D.

ICC will win a lot of games but people need to pump the breaks on them being a state contender. 

On a positive note, #42 for ICC is a good player.  She will have to continue to do a lot for them if they wish to have success. 

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Clutch03 on October 21, 2014, 09:56:46 pm

Thanks! What does Viola have? I've seen Nemo in a scrimmage game but how would you judge em against Viola?

I only watched the second half. Having watched Dermott and Emerson's fast style of play earlier, the game seemed slow. Both teams had great ball movement. Both missed several close range shots. Nemo had very good defense though. I believe their #23 had only 9 points by the 4th quarter. I believe he was the top scorer for their team. I could be wrong. They didn't show the score board except at the end of the quarters.

WPWells

Looks like I went 3-1 on my picks today. Tomorrow I'll take:

Hughes boys
Sloan-Hendrix girls
Sloan-Hendrix boys
Nemo Vista girls
Nemo Vista boys

HorseFeathers

Quote from: J.D. on October 21, 2014, 09:27:03 pm
39-25 Final

Not really dude

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're drunk

Now that you mention it, I kinda wish I would've been.  Would've made it more entertaining. 

You didn't happen to get some stats for this one did you?

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: J.D. on October 21, 2014, 09:59:27 pm

ICC will win a lot of games but people need to pump the breaks on them being a state contender. 

On a positive note, #42 for ICC is a good player.  She will have to continue to do a lot for them if they wish to have success.
I completely agree. I watched them play Marmaduke last night and they stayed with them for the majority of the game before Duke finally pulled away. #24 from ICC played well with 19 points. #42 is Kennedy Cooper, the sophomore from Melbourne and she is one of the purest shooters I've probably ever seen. As a unit they definitely have a long way to go.

J.D.

Quote from: HF on October 21, 2014, 11:24:02 pm
Quote from: J.D. on October 21, 2014, 09:27:03 pm
39-25 Final

Not really dude

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're drunk

You didn't happen to get some stats for this one did you?

Uhhhhh.  No.  After about two minutes I realized it wasn't really necessary. 

D1

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 21, 2014, 10:07:06 pm
Quote from: Clutch03 on October 21, 2014, 09:56:46 pm

I only watched the second half. Having watched Dermott and Emerson's fast style of play earlier, the game seemed slow. Both teams had great ball movement. Both missed several close range shots. Nemo had very good defense though. I believe their #23 had only 9 points by the 4th quarter. I believe he was the top scorer for their team. I could be wrong. They didn't show the score board except at the end of the quarters.
So nemo boys looked good today?

FreeMoney

First thoughts on ICC classic-- Hughes boys are for real top 5 team and maybe higher if they can play  a half court game to go along with what they can do full court. ICC girls are way overrated. Simply not enough weapons to contend. Nemo girls about what I expected and Nemo boys will be ok at some point. #32 is a good player but got a little leg weary. Concession stand was a big disappointment and the drive  was brutal and beautiful.

Mr. Basketball

Hughes boys are very good.  Nemo girls very impressive, particularly with a couple out hurt.  I don't think we can make a good assessment of ICC girls yet.  They played a very good Marmadule team very competively and then had to turn around and play Nemo the next night.  Remember ICC has three sophs and a freshman in top seven players and two of them have just moved in.  It may take them a little while to jell but I think they will be much better later. 

bulldog42

Here are tonight's games, it is a full slate with 5 games, any thoughts?

Thursday October 23
Hughes vs Hillcrest (SB) 3:30
Hughes vs Sloan-Hendrix (SG) 4:50
Sloan-Hendrix vs Ridgefield Christian (SB) 6:10
Nemo Vista vs Tuckerman (SG) 7:30
Nemo Vista vs Tuckerman (SB) 8:50

WPWells

I have:

Hughes
Sloan-Hendrix sweep
Nemo Vista sweep

J.D.

Quote from: FreeMoney on October 22, 2014, 04:49:38 pm
First thoughts on ICC classic-- Hughes boys are for real top 5 team and maybe higher if they can play  a half court game to go along with what they can do full court. ICC girls are way overrated. Simply not enough weapons to contend. Nemo girls about what I expected and Nemo boys will be ok at some point. #32 is a good player but got a little leg weary. Concession stand was a big disappointment and the drive  was brutal and beautiful.

Hey, I like this guy. 

Roads between Mt.View and Melbourne was excruciatingly painful. 

HorseFeathers

i would have found a different way to go lol..i thought you knew how bad 9 was, or i would have said something

Basketballfan13

HorseFeathers

dont feel bad 13, he told me wasnt going then texted me complaining about being road sick cause of the trip to icc!

NEArkie

ballmember

Best route to ICC from Mtn View is to Calico Rock and then east on Hwy 56 to Brockwell and Hwy 9.  School on left just up 9.   Another way is through Guion, however Calico Rock route is by far the best .   

NEArkie

WPWells

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas