• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 for 2014

Started by BigMan15, October 11, 2014, 02:40:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I hope everyone keeps us updated on their teams this year! Games played (both boys and girls), key players, how y'all are looking. I want to figure out a system for basketball to crank out a top 10, but I'm not as confident considering it's often hard to get scores from basketball games on here. Season starts tonight, let's have a great season!

BigMan15

Does charleston play tonight???

BigMan15

Does charleston play tonight???

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 21, 2014, 08:49:35 am
I hope everyone keeps us updated on their teams this year! Games played (both boys and girls), key players, how y'all are looking. I want to figure out a system for basketball to crank out a top 10, but I'm not as confident considering it's often hard to get scores from basketball games on here. Season starts tonight, let's have a great season!

Good luck to Charleston tonight 12th Man!!

WPWells

Charleston does not play tonight. Sorry I wasn't clear on that! The season starts for basketball-only schools tonight

NEA Razorback olfan

arkhoops94

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 13, 2014, 02:03:48 pm
Paris plays some tough games early after those we should know how they are
What does their schedule look like early this year before conference starts?

BigMan15

We play
Jc westside
County line
Lavaca
Roland (2)
Alma

Radiotalker

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 11, 2014, 03:50:07 pm
1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Charleston
4. Mayflower
5. Paris
6. Lamar
7. BHG
8. West Fork
9. McGhee
10. Riverview

not really sure until season starts but maybe somewhere close

Osceola will be in the mix.

hogfan32

can anyone give me a scouting report over CenterPoint and Genoa girls?

WPWells

I know Genoa was really good last year and quite young. I have them as a contender this year

WPWells

ECS
Charleston
Cedar Ridge
Osceola

No one else matters

hawgsroll

Hawgsroll thinks 12th Man doesn't really have a clue about who really matters. 

WPWells

Tell me who will compete with these four then

hawgsroll

Not saying these 4 should not be favorites, but if that is what you are trying to say, then just say it.   You don't have to make it sound like there are no teams anywhere near the level of these 4.   See Ecs and charleston in finals last year and have seen cedar ridge this year.   All very good teams but not the ONLY teams that matter.....

WPWells

No one will compete with these four is what 12th Man is saying. There's more of a gap between these four and everyone else than just "favorites"

hawgsroll

Well then I guess no one else matters!   

Timberwolf08

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 04, 2014, 09:47:53 pm
ECS
Charleston
Cedar Ridge
Osceola

No one else matters

CR plays Osceola tomorrow (12/5) at Jonesboro. Should be a pretty good game if this board is right. Cedar beat a good Tennessee Team to advance and Osceola beat Clarksville.

WPWells

12th Man will check scores on that one after watching the Tigers win at football! Keep us updated in this top 5 matchup

Charleston tonight took the #3 team overall in the state down to the wire tonight - losing by 1

jr17

How many basketball players play football at chucktown?

WPWells

BigMan15

Seen mitchell only had six pts was he in foul trouble or did yall have a gameplan to shut him down..

WPWells

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 05, 2014, 08:49:10 am
Seen mitchell only had six pts was he in foul trouble or did yall have a gameplan to shut him down..

From what I understand, both

pioneers

Osceola and cedar ridge square off tonight in the hurricane classic. Should be a solid matchup. Osceola beat Clarksville last night and cedar ridge beat liberty tech which is out of Jackson Tennessee I believe.

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 05, 2014, 09:00:57 am
Quote from: BigMan15 on December 05, 2014, 08:49:10 am

From what I understand, both
Either way impressive holding him to six..

tiger2016

Held Van Buren's best two players to 11

doubled

Charleston and ECS are 1 and 2 until someone knocks them off. Watched them both play last year in state and they are good. I don't believe they lost much from last year.

BigMan15

WPWells

He's a Cedar Ridge poster and says that...

Timberwolf08

Cedar: 18
Osceola: 8
End first.

jr17

Off topic. But MF finally starts to play good basketball and pulls off an OT nail biter against Pulaski Robinson. (Have yet to have all starters play together.)

pioneers

Ridge up 33-25 at half.

Reeves has 17.

He is wearing a brace of some kind on his left shoulder. Does anyone know if he hurt his shoulder again?

Timberwolf08

It's his other shoulder. It came out in their thanksgiving break game.

Timberwolf08

Cedar won 69-56. Up 15 when their starters sat.

Wolfpack68

I think Prescott should be considered for the Top 10.

Eagle20

Quote from: jr17 on December 05, 2014, 09:17:31 pm
Off topic. But MF finally starts to play good basketball and pulls off an OT nail biter against Pulaski Robinson. (Have yet to have all starters play together.)
you think Robinson is any good jr17? 

pioneers

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on December 05, 2014, 09:33:12 pm

My prayers are with the reeves boy as he dislocated his shoulder again tonight. I hope he has a fast and full recovery. To the Osceola fans you are the most disrespectful/classless fans that I have seen. You should be ashamed of yall selves.

doubled

Quote from: pioneers on December 05, 2014, 10:29:18 pm

My prayers are with the reeves boy as he dislocated his shoulder again tonight. I hope he has a fast and full recovery. To the Osceola fans you are the most disrespectful/classless fans that I have seen. You should be ashamed of yall selves.
I agree sorry bunch of people. The kids for Osceola are really good kids and their coach is a class act.

BoxNOne

Good win for CR. I hope the Reeves kid is not out long. Didn't his brother get hurt in this tournament last year? I think they played Jonesboro without him.

Timberwolf08

He came back in and played the rest of the game after they got it back in. Spencer hurt his ankle and was out for a month during the jonesboro game last year.

doubled

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 05, 2014, 05:00:18 pm
He's a Cedar Ridge poster and says that...
Cedar is my team and what I said is the facts. ECS is just like cr was last year and will be hard to beat.

WPWells

12th Man's post was directed at BigMan

Radiotalker

This coming from someone who's school was put on probation because of their fans.

Radiotalker

What did they do that inyour words was so disrespectful and classless? can't wait to hear to hear this one.

doubled

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 06, 2014, 07:48:23 am

What did they do that inyour words was so disrespectful and classless? can't wait to hear to hear this one.
when Austin came back in after dislocating his shoulder the fans from  Osceola were yelling for the kids to knock it back out again.

Timberwolf08

And when was CR put on probation because of its fans? I've been following that program for years and don't remember that at all.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on December 06, 2014, 09:16:38 am
And when was CR put on probation because of its fans? I've been following that program for years and don't remember that at all.

Didn't say CR

doubled

Screaming at the ref's is a completely different subject.  Telling kid to hurt another kid is just wrong.

Timberwolf08

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 06, 2014, 09:20:30 am

Didn't say CR

My mistake. I was skimming before my coffee.;)

I will say, I've done my fair share of yelling at refs, but to be a grown woman yelling to knock a 16 year old kid's shoulder out of socket (which I heard for myself not just from this board) crosses a line.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on December 06, 2014, 09:25:22 am
Quote from: Radiotalker on December 06, 2014, 09:20:30 am

Didn't say CR

My mistake. I was skimming before my coffee.;)

I will say, I've done my fair share of yelling at refs, but to be a grown woman yelling to knock a 16 year old kid's shoulder out of socket (which I heard for myself not just from this board) crosses a line.

Look, I wasn't there and if what you say happened happened then it wasn't right. I know fans over here can be very passionate and sometimes feel they are "cheated ", then frustration leads to say something you may regret later. I'm sure there was no malice intended.

CR has a great team and program bad it's fun to watch the Reeves kid play. We think we play some basketball over here too.

Good luck the rest of the year, and maybe we get to play y'all a few more times this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas