• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 for 2014

Started by BigMan15, October 11, 2014, 02:40:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

I know there was already one but i just wanted an updated version...

Eagle20

Paris is my choice for number 1.  Just playin' Bigman15.

WPWells

Now doubt ECS should start #1

BigMan15

1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Charleston
4. Mayflower
5. Paris
6. Lamar
7. BHG
8. West Fork
9. McGhee
10. Riverview

not really sure until season starts but maybe somewhere close

WPWells

Looks pretty close to me. Did you mean Rivercrest instead of Riverview though? Riverview is 4A now

TheGovernor

I would put BHG at 4 and Mayflower at 7. Switch those two and you got it close

Eagle20

Governor, who is your team?

TheGovernor

TheGovernor

Even though they break my heart

BigMan15

Bhg lost like 4 or 5 starters mayflower lost one or two....did bhg get some good 9th graders

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 11, 2014, 09:35:20 pm
Looks pretty close to me. Did you mean Rivercrest instead of Riverview though? Riverview is 4A now
Cedar Ridge gonna be better than Charleston 12th Man?

BigMan15

Back to back 2a state champ gotta put them there till we know more about them

bobcats

Flippin needs to be in your top 10.  They have very strong guard play plus a athletic big man.

BigMan15

Do they play any good teams early to test them

bulldog42

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 13, 2014, 12:55:08 pm
Do they play any good teams early to test them
They will play a couple of tough 1 a schools early like ICC and Norfork.  They will also be in the Mt Home tournament where they will be the smallest team in the tournament.  Will probably have to play Fayetteville first round. They also play in a very tough Forsyth, MO Tournament in early December.  They have some other tough non conference matches but that is just a few to start with.

BigMan15

Paris plays some tough games early after those we should know how they are

TheGovernor

Cedar will be good. I look for that conference to have a couple teams in top 10 after season is over.. I actually could see Flippin in it also early but fall out at end of year

jr17

Why would we switch mayflower and BHG? After mayflower swept the series with BHG last year and BHG lost at least 4 starters and their coach... ranking looks good.

TheGovernor

BHG got some move ins and a new quality coach. Mayflower lost best player in JP. Don't see them beating BHG

BigMan15

Without jp they will still be solid i guess we will have to wait and see about the move ins for bhg....

WFFAN74

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 11, 2014, 03:50:07 pm
1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Charleston
4. Mayflower
5. Paris
6. Lamar
7. BHG
8. West Fork
9. McGhee
10. Riverview

I think West Fork may surprise everyone....I don't know about the boys team, but I do know the girls team has some good players. I wouldn't count them so low just yet....

WPWells

Basketballfan13

Quote from: WFFAN74 on October 14, 2014, 02:24:14 pm
Quote from: BigMan15 on October 11, 2014, 03:50:07 pm
1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Charleston
4. Mayflower
5. Paris
6. Lamar
7. BHG
8. West Fork
9. McGhee
10. Riverview

I think West Fork may surprise everyone....I don't know about the boys team, but I do know the girls team has some good players. I wouldn't count them so low just yet....
Besides being a boys poll too, I wouldn't really consider being picked 8th in the state as "counting them so low"

jr17

They lost JP which was a huge blow. But bring back the best athlete in 3A IMO in Bailey. Their shooter in Duncan and a solid post man in Long. Lasker is a great defender and distributor on the offensive side. Not saying we'll beat ECS but I think we'll still be there come crunch time in the state tourny.

BigMan15

They will be tough thats for sure...

jr17

I know the guy coming from Chuck town will help a lot. But other than him, will Paris be a legit state tournament team?

WPWells

I think Paris makes state and wins a game

akbballer

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 15, 2014, 05:52:58 pm
I was thinking the same thing. We must be very smart.

BigMan15

Paris has few good players like mathew is a great shooter and ball handler wyatt is a good point with nice size and can shoot the three...saying that though if our shooting is off we will lose bad...most likely we will live and die by the three...

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 15, 2014, 05:52:58 pm

Thats about right unless we get a bad draw...

akbballer

Of course, you are right on that.

HawgBall06

I know they are moving up from Class A but keep an eye on Cossatot River.  New coach, new style and senior led.

jr17

Class A to 3A? In one year?

Basketballfan13

Quote from: jr17 on October 16, 2014, 07:17:22 am
Class A to 3A? In one year?
When wickes and cove consolidated they stayed 1A for that cycle then were bumped up to 3A where they belonged.

SoftballMom

Flippin boys without a doubt need to be in the preseason top 10. This years non-conference schedule that has been put together has been the best that I have seen in years. Overall they are playing some great teams all over to get ready for conference and hopefully a state run. Very good tournaments set up to play higher classification schools. If they are to play Fayetteville first round of the MH tournament, they will give them a run for their money. I personally would like to see them play a local 6A school in the first round; these boys are the probably the best around North Central Arkansas and need the challenge to show their game. I will be at a lot of games in the area, scouting those that could play at the next level.

Girls will be a young team, lost a lot of talent; but I believe that Coach Hughes will build a great program and look forward to the years to come.

jr17

BigMan15

Quote from: SoftballMom on October 16, 2014, 08:45:26 am
Flippin boys without a doubt need to be in the preseason top 10. This years non-conference schedule that has been put together has been the best that I have seen in years. Overall they are playing some great teams all over to get ready for conference and hopefully a state run. Very good tournaments set up to play higher classification schools. If they are to play Fayetteville first round of the MH tournament, they will give them a run for their money. I personally would like to see them play a local 6A school in the first round; these boys are the probably the best around North Central Arkansas and need the challenge to show their game. I will be at a lot of games in the area, scouting those that could play at the next level.

Girls will be a young team, lost a lot of talent; but I believe that Coach Hughes will build a great program and look forward to the years to come.

Where did flippin finish last year

bulldog42

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 16, 2014, 10:19:42 am
Quote from: SoftballMom on October 16, 2014, 08:45:26 am

3rd in Conference behind Valley Springs and Mt View, they lost to Melbourne in District finals went to regionals as the 2 seed from 3A 1E, but lost to Earle by 5 in the first round of regionals.  They only had 1 Senior on the squad so they return all but 1 starter.

Where did flippin finish last year

BigMan15

And what was there jr high record last year

bulldog42

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 16, 2014, 10:52:32 am
And what was there jr high record last year
I am not sure of the record, I think they finished 4th or 5th in conference.  They will have one 10th grader who will help a lot.

BigMan15

Was there senior they lost pretty good

SoftballMom

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 16, 2014, 11:10:15 am
Was there senior they lost pretty good

Lost a good player, but position can be replaced. They have depth in the program, so the rotation of players will be good to see.

ZoneBuster

If Flippin plays Fayetteville within 30 points they can count it as a big moral victory.

BigMan15

I dont understand though because if this team was decent last year and lost one good player but didnt have a good jh team move up how are they gonna be that much better...

bulldog42

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 17, 2014, 07:17:32 am
I dont understand though because if this team was decent last year and lost one good player but didnt have a good jh team move up how are they gonna be that much better...
Because the 10th grader they gained will fill the slot of the senior and the team last year was sophomores and JR's experience will be key.  Plus the other teams in the League were all SR heavy last year and they competed well against all of them and beat every team in the league at least once.  Like I said as well, they caught a very hot Earle team in first round of regionals, played them closer than any team in the regional tournament.  Just got a bad draw, but hey that it what it is.  Watching them this summer they are improved and also hungry.   This is a team that in JR High went 31-1 with only lost coming to a 6A school when the SRs were freshman. I know JR high don't mean much, but said that to show that this team wants to win and the boys are hungry.  May not mean a lot to a some but I believe you have a have a drive and desire to be good and I think these boys have it.  I don't know if they are top 10 right now, but don't sleep on them.  They should win conference and come out of regions and they will play a schedule that will help them come post season time.

Bergman1820

Quote from: bulldog42 on October 17, 2014, 07:54:09 am
Quote from: BigMan15 on October 17, 2014, 07:17:32 am
Because the 10th grader they gained will fill the slot of the senior and the team last year was sophomores and JR's experience will be key.  Plus the other teams in the League were all SR heavy last year and they competed well against all of them and beat every team in the league at least once.  Like I said as well, they caught a very hot Earle team in first round of regionals, played them closer than any team in the regional tournament.  Just got a bad draw, but hey that it what it is.  Watching them this summer they are improved and also hungry.   This is a team that in JR High went 31-1 with only lost coming to a 6A school when the SRs were freshman. I know JR high don't mean much, but said that to show that this team wants to win and the boys are hungry.  May not mean a lot to a some but I believe you have a have a drive and desire to be good and I think these boys have it.  I don't know if they are top 10 right now, but don't sleep on them.  They should win conference and come out of regions and they will play a schedule that will help them come post season time.

I saw the 10th grader play in Bergman last season in 9th grade. IMO for him to fill the spot he would have had to improve vastly from then to now to help and not hinder the chemistry and talent of the team.

BigMan15

I think jr high means a lot if the core group is still together and truely work hard to become a better player....who is in their conference this year and whos in their region...i not saying u guys are bad because ive never seen u guys play but i always pull for the underdog because they generally want it more...

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: jr17 on October 15, 2014, 07:10:35 am
They lost JP which was a huge blow. But bring back the best athlete in 3A IMO in Bailey. Their shooter in Duncan and a solid post man in Long. Lasker is a great defender and distributor on the offensive side. Not saying we'll beat ECS but I think we'll still be there come crunch time in the state tourny.
Mayflower will still be good, but losing Perry is a huge loss. He made everything happen on offense for the Eagles

jr17

That's true. He will be missed

FlyingEagle24

Quote from: HawgBall06 on October 16, 2014, 12:12:22 am
I know they are moving up from Class A but keep an eye on Cossatot River.  New coach, new style and senior led.
Cossatot beat Blevins tonight by 18 at Kirby. Not the prettiest game, but still a win.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas