• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley Springs vs. Cedar Ridge @ fed ex forum

Started by HeadTiger, September 06, 2014, 01:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadTiger

The Valley Springs Tigers apparently get to play at the fed ex forum in Memphis right before the Grizzles play the Pistons. Game predictions? I would love to see the tigers win but how good is CR this year?

Moonshiner

Very good 3A team.  Back to back 2A state champions. (Moving up this year) Should be a good ball game.

HeadTiger

Should be a good game to see where both teams are standing this year. Valley lost all 5 starters and Cedar Ridge lost it's 2 of their top 3.

Timberwolf08

CR Will be tough. Don't know anything about VS, though.

Moonshiner

Always talented.  Losing starters at Valley just means new faces and same results. Win, win, win. At least in That part of the state.  Your Wolves are talented too and very well coached.  Should be a great game.

bobcats

Valley will defend, but will struggle scoring this year.

HeadTiger

Quote from: bobcats on September 08, 2014, 03:02:39 pm

I agree. VS should be athletic and big. Hogue will be the primary scorer... Other than that not many options

Bergman1820

Is this just a Sr.Boys game? What day will the game be played?

ZoneBuster

Both teams I think. November 15th maybe? It's a Saturday

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: HeadTiger on September 08, 2014, 03:38:35 pm
Quote from: bobcats on September 08, 2014, 03:02:39 pm

I agree. VS should be athletic and big. Hogue will be the primary scorer... Other than that not many options

Good luck getting the ball across half court.

bdog32

HeadTiger

Valley will be a pressing team this year. No idea bout CR's style

Silky Johnson

September 12, 2014, 12:33:39 am #12 Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:35:21 am by Silky Johnson
What does valley play as far as style on offense? What does their starting 5 look like?

HeadTiger

They probably will run sets on every trip down the court on offense if I had to guess. Their starting 5 will have one really talented player(Hogue), solid PG, a good shooter, and two big guys around 6'5. They are all very inexperienced except for Hogue so it'll be a solid month or two into season before these guys get in sync completely.

Moonshiner

I bet they played 50 games this summer.  Doubt it takes them that long to get in sync.  With Cedar having football it should be advantage Valley.

WildcatGrandpa13

How did VS pull that off? FedEx Forum is big time

Silky Johnson

Coach Taylor or coach middlebrooks could have a connection. Bay has played in the fedex since 2009. It's good for the players to experience. This will be a competitive game on a big stage. Bay usually played a school that was local or an agreement between coaches. This year they play Tuckerman, the same team they played last year.

Moonshiner

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on September 15, 2014, 10:23:55 pm

The Grizzlies do that for a lot of teams as a publicity and promotion deal in hopes of building a better fan base.  I believe the players play on the same day as the Grizzlies.  They play on the same floor and then get to watch the pro game, I know they used to actively look for HS teams to do that.

Rulesman

Quote from: Moonshiner on September 16, 2014, 10:19:30 am

The Grizzlies do that for a lot of teams as a publicity and promotion deal in hopes of building a better fan base.  I believe the players play on the same day as the Grizzlies.  They play on the same floor and then get to watch the pro game, I know they used to actively look for HS teams to do that.
They still do. I was able to work my last high school game there a few years ago in a similar setting. Lots of fun, especially when the kids start jacking up 3s from behind the NBA line.... and hitting them!

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: Moonshiner on September 16, 2014, 10:19:30 am

That is a great experience for those kids. FedEx Forum is a great venue. I see 2 or 3 Grizzlies games a year, they are a blast.

bulldog42

I heard today from a Valley Springs Parent that this game has been moved to October 24th because of the original date being over booked.  He also stated not sure who they will play now.  The 24th is a Friday, bad thing is, the next day is ACT testing so a lot of the kids won't get to experience the pro game which at that date is just a pre-season game.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: bulldog42 on September 18, 2014, 03:08:34 pm
I heard today from a Valley Springs Parent that this game has been moved to October 24th because of the original date being over booked.  He also stated not sure who they will play now.  The 24th is a Friday, bad thing is, the next day is ACT testing so a lot of the kids won't get to experience the pro game which at that date is just a pre-season game.
They can't play this game on Oct. 24 because that's during football season. Cedar Ridge won't be allowed to play basketball until AFTER the final regular season football game which is on Nov. 7.

bulldog42

Quote from: Googlymoogly on September 21, 2014, 12:43:35 am
Quote from: bulldog42 on September 18, 2014, 03:08:34 pm
They can't play this game on Oct. 24 because that's during football season. Cedar Ridge won't be allowed to play basketball until AFTER the final regular season football game which is on Nov. 7.
Correct, I have heard it will be a different opponent

BigMan15

Googlymoogly

I am hearing that this game has been cancelled. Maybe try it again next year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas