• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a-5 basketball

Started by CoachKk, September 16, 2013, 11:17:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jr17

WildcatGrandpa13

Any update on Mayflower Vilonia game?

Hogwild#9

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on November 25, 2013, 07:38:30 pm
Any update on Mayflower Vilonia game?
No, but UK is being upset by Cleveland St!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hogwild#9

52-50 6 minutes to go. Mayflower is trailing.

jr17

get the final updated ASAP!!!

jr17

Hogwild#9

jr17

neds

No shame there, 5A opponent

jr17

Is vilonia a good team for 5A?

neds

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on November 25, 2013, 08:46:40 pm
Vilonia 62 Mayflower 58
Valiant effort against 5A, I wouldn't worry if I was a Mayflower fan

vtowneagles

Vilonia has been bad past 2-3 years but this years team with a new coach should make playoffs in a TOUGH 5a west!!

jr17

OK so the statements I made about Mayflower making a state run... just forget that one if.they keep playing.this way... not living up to expectations

yellowjackethooper

How bad did Lonoke beat them?

jr17

yellowjackethooper

That's not bad. How is this conference doing so far? Haven't heard anything about Harmony Grove or Jessieville?

jr17

Last I checked harmony grove is undefeated... has episcopal played yet?

Hogwild#9

Quote from: jr17 on December 05, 2013, 06:40:52 pm
OK so the statements I made about Mayflower making a state run... just forget that one if.they keep playing.this way... not living up to expectations
I told you that about a month and a half ago! Ha

jr17

Ha... guess ya got me on that one

CoachKk

ECS has not played yet. They will be hosting Jessieville Tuesday Night. Then Jammin for Jackets on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

neds

ECS wins 58-32 over Jessieville in boys , girls was mercy rule by Jessieville over ECS.
ECS plays NLR @Hall on Thur. night

yellowjackethooper

What does Jville have this year? I heard they were down, but didn't think they would get beat that bad, especially it being ECS 1st game....

cdelaney

Quote from: yellowjackethooper on December 10, 2013, 10:22:43 pm
What does Jville have this year? I heard they were down, but didn't think they would get beat that bad, especially it being ECS 1st game....
they are way down for sure. ECS was not that sharp, shot poorly. Could have been worse. Jville looked very young and green. Played hard and their coach was coaching hard. I'm sure they'll improve but won't contend this year.
ECS rusty, will have a long night Thursday vs NLR.

CoachKk

ECS needs to improve from the charity strike if they are going to contend in state this year.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: yellowjackethooper on December 10, 2013, 10:22:43 pm
ECS had a rough night shooting from the field, when ECS and Jville play again things could get out of hand fast. ECS needs to work out some kinks and play more like a team if they don't want to get blown off the court by NLR.

jr17

Sure ECS will shake off the rust here soon..

neds

Quote from: jr17 on December 11, 2013, 08:40:27 pm

True, first game(s) are always a work in progress. Good depth and lots of scoring potential this year.

bigbuckb

Benton Harmony Grove is 7-0. They are averaging 69 points per game and only giving up 28ppg. They brought back 4 starters from last year. A 6'9 soph Forward. They have a 6'10 Center who signed with Ark Tech along with Team mate 6'6 Power forward senior who also signed with Ark Tech. They have a 6'4 point guard who is a junior who has averaged 2 dunks per game. Their real first test will be tomorrow night against Mayflower.

Radiotalker

Quote from: neds on December 12, 2013, 03:04:11 pm
Quote from: jr17 on December 11, 2013, 08:40:27 pm

True, first game(s) are always a work in progress. Good depth and lots of scoring potential this year.

Sure you want to win them all, but it's more important to be playing well in Feb/Mar.
That's been Osceola's recipe over the years.

neds

ECS loses tonight in boys play vs defending 7A champ North Little Rock, 74-73
Beard hits a running layup w/3 sec to go for the win

Hogwild#9

Quote from: neds on December 12, 2013, 10:12:26 pm
Wow! Good showing by ECS!! Ready to see Mayflower BHG game tomorrow night

Head Lion

Quote from: neds on December 12, 2013, 10:12:26 pm
Playing teams like NLR proves they are the 3A favorite & can only help prepare them for postseason.

WPWells

That's solid!! I went in thinking NLR was head and shoulders above everyone. Awesome showing by ECS. Both ECS and Charleston have looked good this week

CoachKk

ECS must have put on some WD-40 to shake off that rust.

neds

Not surprisingly , credit the coach, they played smart. There were some lapses, had a 3 on 1 late in the game and blew an easy basket by not sharing. Otherwise it was ECS' game to win. Losing Martin w/2:50 to go in the game hurt them via late game turnovers, that was the difference in the game in my opinion.
They did shoot the ball much better last night vs their earlier game this week.
Kelvin Robinson (24 pts and did not play in post season LY) really played great. ECS coach isolated him in one on one match ups and he took advantage of NLR defender over and over.

Agree w/all of the above, win or lose this tournament makes a team better just due to the competitive level

jr17

Episcopal played arguably the greatest high school team in Arkansas history and took them to the final shot.. kinda scary thought for the rest of 3A

Mayflower plays BHG tonight... Mayflower has played some good competition to this point in lonoke and vilonia... can't imagine they've played anyone with the size of BHG.. gonna be interesting..

neds

Give us an update tonight jr. I will do same from the ECS game vs McClellan

Head Lion

Quote from: jr17 on December 13, 2013, 01:12:59 pm
Episcopal played arguably the greatest high school team in Arkansas history and took them to the final shot.. kinda scary thought for the rest of 3A

Mayflower plays BHG tonight... Mayflower has played some good competition to this point in lonoke and vilonia... can't imagine they've played anyone with the size of BHG.. gonna be interesting..
I agree it was great showing by ECS, but to say NLR is the greates high school team in the state's history? You must have not seen the West Memphis Blue Devils of the Keith Lee, Michael Cage and Aaron Price era. That team would beat any division 1 team in the state including the Hogs!!!

bobcats

How long is your memory?  It must only go back to last year.  Any of us who have been around for awhile could name a lot of teams better than nlr.  This is not intended to take anything away from ECS, obviously they played an outstanding game.

neds

Not my words, but jr's. That said, I think he may be refering to a post on the 7A board that was arguing or asking if NLR (this year) was one of the best teams in AR history.
In my opinion not even close. Very talented and very beatable, great individual talent on NLR

ManilaIce

JR17, maybe you should have put the word "arguably" in bold type.  haha.

neds

December 13, 2013, 07:01:53 pm #92 Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 12:14:43 pm by neds
McClellan wins over ECS 68-65, hits a three with under :10 to go for the win. Sloppy game all around. Looked like the bad side of AAU, not much sharing of the ball tonight for ECS. Looked like everyone was trying to create their own offense. Play again on Sat.

jr17

Lion and bobcats
Its a argument going on on the 7A board.. my bad... haven't even seen NLR just going from whats on 7A board

CoachKk

Update on BHG and Mayflower please.

jr17

27-29 BHG at half.. Mayflower was down 12-24 at one point. Had to adjust to BHG size..

jr17

Mayflower tops BHG... took them some time to adjust to the size but they got it done... Final: Mayflower 54 BHG 52

Radiotalker

Quote from: jr17 on December 13, 2013, 08:55:23 pm
Mayflower tops BHG... took them some time to adjust to the size but they got it done... Final: Mayflower 54 BHG 52

where was the game?

jr17

bigbuckb

Mayflower has great guards!! BHG was clearly the better team. Was up by 15 early but the refs once again controlled the game and allowed Mayflower back in the game and called 5 nonfouls against BHG big man and ATU commit benching him in the third. The same ref who has fouled him (Hayden Burchfield) in the only 3 games hes ever ref'd against. I don't know what his beef is with him, but it's horrible that he steals victories away from boys who are playing to win. In the 2 previous games BHG was up by 30 so they won anyway but Mayflower is a solid team. Look forward to playing them at home.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas