• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

World Track and Field Championships 2017

Started by AT, June 12, 2017, 05:32:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Just so you, I'm following along and am enjoying your info and the event itself.

This thread helps remind me.

Have you seen the new OLY channel?  NBC has a devoted channel.  It's up in the 600's on my DirecTV

RATTLER43

I always follow your updates and enjoy as well.  Watched That amazing lean in 100m final.  Made all the difference.   

AT

Thanks guys. Means a lot.

BG, I've seen the Olympic Channel advertised on the NBC channel, but I don't get it with my current TV setup. I've had to watch the Worlds on the regular NBC channel in the afternoon and watch other things on replay.

My thoughts so far:

Mason Finley getting a bronze in the discus was great. Men's throws for the USA have been subpar outside of Shot Put for awhile, so it's great to see us branch out in that area. It's the first US men's discus medal since 1999. Awesome! Biggest surprise so far for sure.

I don't focus on marathon even though it is part of the Track and Field area at World Championships, but Amy Cragg getting a bronze in an event dominated by East Africans was awesome! She almost chased down silver, too!

In the Women's 1500, things went like I expected. Jenny Simpson is just on another level than other American runners and I hope she can medal again. Sara Vaughn and Kate Grace making the semi was great and I was hoping one of them could make the final, but maybe in the future, we'll have more Americans in the final!

Let's talk about some former Razorbacks getting silver medals:

Sandi Morris is making Arkansas proud with another silver after her Olympic one last year. She is unfortunately going against a Greek athlete who is going up to some incredible heights right now, but Sandi is an amazing athlete and I hope to see her get her gold some day.

Jarrion got some redemption from last year's near Gold miss. He hit a season best on his first jump to put him in bronze position most of the event and then on his last jump, he hit a new season best to give him the silver medal. Love to see him with some hardware. This only helps recruiting! I was disappointed that no other American man even made the final, but Henderson, the gold medalist from Rio, seems to be dealing with something as he hasn't jumped well all year.

Now the 100 meter dashes...wow! After a disappointing Rio in sprints for the Americans, we've done pretty good so far! Justin Gatlin and Christian Coleman taking down Bolt in his final race was something to see! I'm not a Gatlin hater like some. I think he did his time and deserves this chance. Coleman looks to be the next big American sprinter for years to come as Gatlin is hitting his twilight. 1-2 in that race was awesome. Belcher was a bit of a surprise to make the team so I wasn't to shocked to see him not make the final.

In the women's, I will say I was a little disappointed that we only had one woman make the 100 final, but Washington and Stevens are both young. But Bowie did amazing with our one opportunity. Going into the race, the Jamaican athlete was the big favorite, but after the gun, I thought the Ivory Coast athlete had it for sure until the last 20 meters of the race where Bowie finished about as well as I've ever seen. What an amazing lean for gold. First time American has had both 100 golds since 2005.

The 10Ks have really not been disappointing at all. We will probably have a hard time ever matching what our distance crew did in Rio. Most of our guys ran PBs, but just some tough competition right now in the world. No medals for men or women, but you can't ask for much more than personal bests. That Ethiopian woman in the 10K is a beast. She lapped the WHOLE FIELD.

Still doing great things in the Men's Shot Put. All 4 men made the final, which is almost unheard of. Of course, only Kovacs got the silver, which might be called a little disappointing, but that shows hard hard it is for the same country to get two medals. Kovacs was a very slight scratch away from getting gold on his last throw. Sort of like Lawson's scratch last year in Rio.

We qualified a woman in the hammer throw for the final, DeAnna Price, which is great to see since we don't do well in that event in either gender.

Now for the 400 Meter Dash...perhaps I'm being too unrealistic, but I think we are weaker than we've ever been here in both genders. Perhaps Rattler can shed some light on the situation. In Men's, we only have one finalist and he only made the final on time. Women's side still has 3 fighting for a final spot, but it seems like only one is going to make it...hope I'm wrong.

In the Women's Triple Jump, America's best, Keturah Orji, had to withdraw because of injury, but we still had Tori Franklin qualify and she honestly did pretty good. This has been our weakest jumping event for years and Tori was one place for qualifying for the final.

And just to finish this up real quick, the Men's 800 was a mixed bag. America has never had 3 Americans make the Semi-Finals...but then we had none of those guys make the final. The 800 is getting stronger and stronger and our guys are very young. It also didn't help that last year's Rio Medalist, Clayton Murphy, didn't qualify for the team off a questionable decision by him. The Women's Heptathlon was a bit of a let down, but that event is VERY strong. Williams and Bougard are also VERY young and this was their first world championship.

AT

McLeod wins gold! 3 Razorbacks alumni with medals! Two silvers and one gold!

No Americans medal. First time an American has not medal'd at a World Championship in the Men's 110 Hurdles ever.

AT

Jenny Simpson silver in the Women's 1500!!! Incredible race!

AT

Results for Americans/Razorbacks today:

Men's 200 Meter Dash - 1st Round
6. Isiah Young - 20.19 - Qualified for Semi-Final
7. Ameer Webb - 20.22 - Qualified for Semi-Final
13. Kyree King - 20.41 - Qualified for Semi-Final

Men's Triple Jump Qualification - Groups A and B
1. Chris Benard - 17.20m - Qualified for Final
2. Christian Taylor - 17.15m - Qualified for Final
5. Will Claye - 16.95m - Qualified for Final

13. Donald Scott - 16.63m - Did not Qualify for Final
30. Clive Pullen - 15.61m - Did not Qualify for Final

Women's Hammer Throw - Final
9. DeAnna Price - 70.04m

Women's 400 Meter Hurdles - 1st Round
1. Dalilah Muhammad - 54.59 - Qualified for Semi-Final
3. Kori Carter - 54.99 - Qualified for Semi-Final
11. Sparkle McKnight - 55.46 - Qualified for Semi-Final
13. Cassandra Tate - 55.48 - Qualified for Semi-Final
18. Shamier Little - 56.18 - Qualified for Semi-Final

Men's 400 Meter Hurdles - Semi-Final
1. Kerron Clement - 48.35 - Qualified for Final
4. Kemar Mowatt - 48.66 - Qualified for Final
7. TJ Holmes - 49.12 - Qualified for Final

9. Eric Futch - 49.30 - Did not Qualify for Final

Women's Triple Jump - Final
No Americans/Razorbacks Competed.

Women's 400 Meter Dash - Semi-Final
2. Allyson Felix - 50.12 - Qualified for Final
4. Phyllis Francis - 50.37 - Qualified for Final

9. Quanera Hayes - 50.71 - Did not Qualify for Final

Men's 110 Meter Hurdles - Final
1. Omar McLeod - 13.04 - GOLD MEDAL - FORMER RAZORBACK
5. Aries Merritt - 13.31

Women's 1500 Meter Run - Final
2. Jennifer Simpson - 4:02.76 - SILVER MEDAL

AT

Tomorrow's schedule for USA team members and former/current Razorbacks (will be bolded in red):

All times are Central.

August 8th, 2017

1:20 PM - Women's Javelin Throw - Final: No Americans/Razorbacks competing.

1:30 PM - Women's 200 Meter Dash - 1st Round: Kimberlyn Duncan, Deajah Stevens, Tori Bowie

1:35 PM - Men's Pole Vault - Final: Sam Kendricks

2:35 PM - Women's 400 Meter Hurdles - Semi-Final: Kori Carter, Sparkle McKnight, Shamier Little, Cassandra Tate, Dalilah Muhammad

2:40 PM - Women's Shot Put Qualification - Groups A and B: Raven Saunders, Daniella Bunch, Michelle Carter

3:10 PM - Men's 3000 Meter Steeplechase - Final: Evan Jager, Stanley Kipkoech Kebenei

3:35 PM - Men's 800 Meter Run - Final: No Americans/Razorbacks competing

3:50 PM - Men's 400 Meter Dash - Final: Fred Kerley

Brian G

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 07, 2017, 03:34:21 pm
McLeod wins gold! 3 Razorbacks alumni with medals! Two silvers and one gold!

No Americans medal. First time an American has not medal'd at a World Championship in the Men's 110 Hurdles ever.
McLeod was great though.

Still a bit early for Merritt to get back to peak form from his surgery.

Good run but understandable for USA.

RATTLER43

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 07, 2017, 07:25:03 am
Thanks guys. Means a lot.

BG, I've seen the Olympic Channel advertised on the NBC channel, but I don't get it with my current TV setup. I've had to watch the Worlds on the regular NBC channel in the afternoon and watch other things on replay.

My thoughts so far:

Mason Finley getting a bronze in the discus was great. Men's throws for the USA have been subpar outside of Shot Put for awhile, so it's great to see us branch out in that area. It's the first US men's discus medal since 1999. Awesome! Biggest surprise so far for sure.

I don't focus on marathon even though it is part of the Track and Field area at World Championships, but Amy Cragg getting a bronze in an event dominated by East Africans was awesome! She almost chased down silver, too!

In the Women's 1500, things went like I expected. Jenny Simpson is just on another level than other American runners and I hope she can medal again. Sara Vaughn and Kate Grace making the semi was great and I was hoping one of them could make the final, but maybe in the future, we'll have more Americans in the final!

Let's talk about some former Razorbacks getting silver medals:

Sandi Morris is making Arkansas proud with another silver after her Olympic one last year. She is unfortunately going against a Greek athlete who is going up to some incredible heights right now, but Sandi is an amazing athlete and I hope to see her get her gold some day.

Jarrion got some redemption from last year's near Gold miss. He hit a season best on his first jump to put him in bronze position most of the event and then on his last jump, he hit a new season best to give him the silver medal. Love to see him with some hardware. This only helps recruiting! I was disappointed that no other American man even made the final, but Henderson, the gold medalist from Rio, seems to be dealing with something as he hasn't jumped well all year.

Now the 100 meter dashes...wow! After a disappointing Rio in sprints for the Americans, we've done pretty good so far! Justin Gatlin and Christian Coleman taking down Bolt in his final race was something to see! I'm not a Gatlin hater like some. I think he did his time and deserves this chance. Coleman looks to be the next big American sprinter for years to come as Gatlin is hitting his twilight. 1-2 in that race was awesome. Belcher was a bit of a surprise to make the team so I wasn't to shocked to see him not make the final.

In the women's, I will say I was a little disappointed that we only had one woman make the 100 final, but Washington and Stevens are both young. But Bowie did amazing with our one opportunity. Going into the race, the Jamaican athlete was the big favorite, but after the gun, I thought the Ivory Coast athlete had it for sure until the last 20 meters of the race where Bowie finished about as well as I've ever seen. What an amazing lean for gold. First time American has had both 100 golds since 2005.

The 10Ks have really not been disappointing at all. We will probably have a hard time ever matching what our distance crew did in Rio. Most of our guys ran PBs, but just some tough competition right now in the world. No medals for men or women, but you can't ask for much more than personal bests. That Ethiopian woman in the 10K is a beast. She lapped the WHOLE FIELD.

Still doing great things in the Men's Shot Put. All 4 men made the final, which is almost unheard of. Of course, only Kovacs got the silver, which might be called a little disappointing, but that shows hard hard it is for the same country to get two medals. Kovacs was a very slight scratch away from getting gold on his last throw. Sort of like Lawson's scratch last year in Rio.

We qualified a woman in the hammer throw for the final, DeAnna Price, which is great to see since we don't do well in that event in either gender.

Now for the 400 Meter Dash...perhaps I'm being too unrealistic, but I think we are weaker than we've ever been here in both genders. Perhaps Rattler can shed some light on the situation. In Men's, we only have one finalist and he only made the final on time. Women's side still has 3 fighting for a final spot, but it seems like only one is going to make it...hope I'm wrong.

In the Women's Triple Jump, America's best, Keturah Orji, had to withdraw because of injury, but we still had Tori Franklin qualify and she honestly did pretty good. This has been our weakest jumping event for years and Tori was one place for qualifying for the final.

And just to finish this up real quick, the Men's 800 was a mixed bag. America has never had 3 Americans make the Semi-Finals...but then we had none of those guys make the final. The 800 is getting stronger and stronger and our guys are very young. It also didn't help that last year's Rio Medalist, Clayton Murphy, didn't qualify for the team off a questionable decision by him. The Women's Heptathlon was a bit of a let down, but that event is VERY strong. Williams and Bougard are also VERY young and this was their first world championship.

Just an opinion, but I believe there are a few factors for 400m showing.  I think the American season is just too long compared to other countries; I think we have a wealth of talent but maybe less elite during this year; I believe many great 400m runners choose football upon leaving high school which is a bigger deal with the rest of the world being so good now; and that is the biggest thing:  three guys running sub 44 in the same race last year tells you how strong the 400m is now.   Read something where Clyde Hart believes lots of potential 400m runners now are choosing short sprints.   Could be the Bolt effect with him dominating track headlines during past decade or so.   But the future looks bright according to results from AAU and World juniors.  Hoping it is just a short lull.

AT

Good points, Rattler. I think Coach Hart might be onto something with 400 people doing short sprints now because of the Bolt effect.

Women's Javelin Throw - Final
No Americans/Razorbacks competed.

Women's 200 Meter Dash - 1st Round
5. Kimberlyn Duncan - 22.74 - Qualified for Semi-Final
8. Deajah Stevens - 22.90 - Qualified for Semi-Final

DNS. Tori Bowie - Did not qualify for Semi-Final

Men's Pole Vault - Final
1. Sam Kendricks - GOLD MEDAL

Women's 400 Meter Hurdles - Semi-Final
4. Kori Carter - 54.92 - Qualified for Final
5. Dalilah Muhammad - 55.00 - Qualified for Final
7. Cassandra Tate - 55.31 - Qualified for Final

11. Shamier Little - 55.76 - Did not Qualify for Final
19. Sparkle McKnight - 56.59 - Did not Qualify for Final

Women's Shot Put Qualification - Groups A and B
2. Michelle Carter - 18.92m - Qualified for Final
4. Raven Saunders - 18.63m - Qualified for Final

18. Daniella Bunch - 17.39m - Did not Qualify for Final

Men's 3000 Meter Steeplechase - Final
3. Evan Jager - 8:15.53 - BRONZE MEDAL
5. Stanley Kipkoech Kebenei - 8:21.09

Men's 800 Meter Run - Final

Men's 400 Meter Dash - Final
7. Fred Kerley - 45.23

AT

August 08, 2017, 05:58:33 pm #110 Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:47:46 am by Almatrackster
Tomorrow's schedule for USA team members and former/current Razorbacks (will be bolded in red):

All times are Central.

August 9th, 2017

1:05 PM - Women's 3000 Meter Steeplechase - 1st Round: Colleen Quigley, Courtney Frerichs, Emma Coburn

1:10 PM - Women's Long Jump Qualification - Groups A and B: Tianna Bartoletta, Quanesha Burks, Brittney Reese, Shakeelah Saunders

1:20 PM - Men's Hammer Throw Qualification - Group A: Rudy Winkler

2:05 PM - Men's 5000 Meter Run - 1st Round: Eric Jenkins, Ryan Hill, Paul Kipkemoi Chelimo, Kemoy Campbell

2:25 PM - Women's Shot Put - Final: Michelle Carter, Raven Saunders

2:50 PM - Men's Hammer Throw Qualification - Group B: Alex Young, Kibwe Johnson

2:55 PM - Men's 200 Meter Dash - Semi-Final: Isiah Young, Kyree King, Ameer Webb

3:33 PM - Men's 400 Meter Hurdles - Final: Kemar Mowatt, Kerron Clement, TJ Holmes

3:50 PM - Women's 400 Meter Dash - Final: Allyson Felix, Phyllis Francis

AT

Women's 3000 Meter Steeplechase - 1st Round
3. Courtney Frerichs - 9:25.14 - Qualified for Final
6. Emma Coburn - 9:27.42 - Qualified for Final

DQ. Colleen Quigley - Did not Qualify for Final

Women's Long Jump Qualification - Groups A and B
2. Tianna Bartoletta - 6.64m - Qualified for Final
9. Brittney Reese - 6.50m - Qualified for Final

14. Quanesha Burks - 6.44m - Did not Qualify for Final
21. Shakeelah Saunders - 6.32m - Did not Qualify for Final

Men's Hammer Throw Qualification - Group A
Rudy Winkler - 68.88m - Did not Qualify for Final

Men's 5000 Meter Run - 1st Round
5. Ryan Hill - 13:22.79 - Qualified for Final
8. Paul Kipkemoi Chelimo - Qualified for Final
9. Kemoy Campbell - 13:26.67 - Qualified for Final

23. Eric Jenkins - 13:31.09 - Did not Qualify for Final

Women's Shot Put - Final
3. Michelle Carter - 19.14m - BRONZE MEDAL
10. Raven Saunders - 17.86m

Men's Hammer Throw Qualification - Group B
Alex Young - 72.07m - Did not Qualify for Final
Kibwe Johnson - 68.86 - Did not Qualify for Final

Men's 200 Meter Dash - Semi-Final
1. Isiah Young - 20.12 - Qualified for Final
6. Ameer Webb - 20.22 - Qualified for Final

14. Kyree King - 20.59 - Did not Qualify for Final

Men's 400 Meter Hurdles - Final
3. Kerron Clement - 48.52 - BRONZE MEDAL
4. Kemar Mowatt - 48.99
5. TJ Holmes - 49.00

Women's 400 Meter Dash
1. Phyllis Francis - 49.92 - GOLD MEDAL
3. Allyson Felix - 50.08 - BRONZE MEDAL

AT

All times are Central.

August 10th, 2017

12:30 PM - Women's 5000 Meter Run - 1st Round: Shannon Rowbury, Shelby Houlihan, Molly Huddle

1:05 PM - Men's Javelin Throw Qualification - Group A: No Americans/Razorbacks competing.

1:10 PM - Women's High Jump Qualification - Groups A and B: Inika McPherson, Vashti Cunningham, Elizabeth Patterson

1:25 PM - Women's 800 Meter Run - 1st Round: Ajee Wilson, Brenda Martinez, Charlene Lipsey

2:20 PM - Men's Triple Jump - Final: Chris Benard, Will Claye, Christian Taylor

2:25 PM - Men's 1500 Meter Run - 1st Round: Matthew Centrowitz, Robby Andrews, John Gregorek

2:35 PM - Men's Javelin Throw Qualification - Group B: Cyrus Hostetler

3:05 PM - Women's 200 Meter Dash - Semi-Final: Deajah Stevens, Kimberlyn Duncan

3:35 PM - Women's 400 Meter Hurdles - Final: Cassandra Tate, Dalilah Muhammad, Kori Carter

3:52 PM - Men's 200 Meter Dash - Final: Isiah Young, Ameer Webb

AT

Women's 5000 Meter Run - 1st Round
5. Shannon Rowbury - 14:57.55 - Qualified for Final
10. Shelby Houlihan - 15:00.37 - Qualified for Final
14. Molly Huddle - 15:03.60 - Qualified for Final

Men's Javelin Throw Qualification - Group A

Women's High Jump Qualification - Groups A and B
4. Inika McPherson - 1.92m - Qualified for Final
6. Vashti Cunningham - 1.92m - Qualified for Final

27. Elizabeth Patterson - 1.80m - Did not Qualify for Final

Women's 800 Meter Run - 1st Round
5. Ajee Wilson - 2:00.52 - Qualified for Final
19. Brenda Martinez - 2:01.53 - Qualified for Final
31. Charlene Lipsey - 2:02.74 - Qualified for Final

Men's Triple Jump - Final
1. Christian Taylor - 17.68m - GOLD MEDAL
2. Will Claye - 17.63m - SILVER MEDAL
6. Chris Benard - 17.16m

Men's 1500 Meter Run - 1st Round
8. John Gregorek - 3:39.62 - Qualified for Semi-Final
17. Robby Andrews - 3:43.03 - Qualified for Semi-Final

37. Matthew Centrowitz - 3:48.34 - Did not Qualify for Semi-Final

Men's Javelin Throw Qualification - Group B
Cyrus Hostetler - 79.71m - Did not Qualify for Final

Women's 200 Meter Dash - Semi-Final
4. Deajah Stevens - 22.71 - Qualified for Final
5. Kimberlyn Duncan - 22.73 - Qualified for Final

Women's 400 Meter Hurdles - Final
1. Kori Carter - 53.07 - GOLD MEDAL
2. Dalilah Muhammad - 53.50 - SILVER MEDAL
7. Cassandra Tate - 55.43

Men's 200 Meter Dash - Final
5. Ameer Webb - 20.26
8. Isiah Young - 20.64

AT

All times are Central.

August 11th, 2017

4:00 AM - Men's Decathlon 100 Meter Dash- 1st of 10 Events: Devon Williams, Zach Ziemek, Trey Hardee

4:10 AM - Women's Discus Throw Qualification - Group A: Gia Lewis-Smallwood

4:45 AM - Women's 100 Meter Hurdles - 1st Round: Nia Ali, Kendra Harrison, Dawn Harper Nelson, Christina Manning

5:05 AM - Men's Decathlon Long Jump - 2nd of 10 Events: Devon Williams, Zach Ziemek, Trey Hardee

5:15 AM - Men's High Jump Qualification - Groups A and B: Bryan McBride, Ricky Robertson, Jeron Robinson, Erik Kynard

5:35 AM - Women's Discus Throw Qualification - Group B: Whitney Ashley, Valarie Allman

6:55 AM - Men's Decathlon Shot Put - 3rd of 10 Events: Devon Williams, Zach Ziemek, Trey Hardee

11:00 AM - Men's Decathlon High Jump - 4th of 10 Events: Devon Williams, Zach Ziemek, Trey Hardee

1:05 PM - Women's 100 Meter Hurdles - Semi-Final: Start lists will be posted after 1st round.

1:10 PM - Women's Long Jump - Final: Brittney Reese, Tianna Bartoletta

1:35 PM - Women's 800 Meter Run - Semi-Final: Ajee Wilson, Charlene Lipsey, Brenda Martinez

2:10 PM - Men's 1500 Meter Run - Semi-Final: Robby Andrews, John Greogorek

2:30 PM - Men's Hammer Throw - Final: No Americans/Razorbacks competing.

2:45 PM - Men's Decathlon 400 Meter Dash - 5th of 10 Events: Devon Williams, Zach Ziemek, Trey Hardee

3:25 PM - Women's 3000 Meter Steeplechase - Final: Courtney Frerichs, Emma Coburn

3:50 PM - Women's 200 Meter Dash - Final: Deajah Stevens, Kimberlyn Duncan

beach bum

Mo Farah gets so close at his attempt to double in gold at the 5000/10000 for the 5th time at either the Olympics or Worlds and gets silver just now...

AT

Results for August 11th:

Men's Decathlon 100 Meter Dash - 1st of 10 Events (Place in overall point standings)
5. Trey Hardee - 10.75 - 917 Points (5th Place)
12. Devon Williams - 10.93 - 876 Points (12th Place)
14. Zach Ziemek - 10.99 - 863 Points (14th Place)

Women's Discus Throw Qualification -Group A
Gia Lewis-Smallwood - 58.15m - Did not Qualify for Final

Women's 100 Meter Hurdles - 1st Round
1. Kendra Harrison - 12.60 - Qualified for Semi-Final
6. Christina Manning - 12.86 - Qualified for Semi-Final
7. Dawn Harper Nelson - 12.88 - Qualified for Semi-Final
10. Nia Ali - 12.93 - Qualified for Semi-Final

Men's Decathlon Long Jump - 2nd of 10 Events
8. Trey Hardee - 7.48m (6th Place)
11. Devon Williams - 7.44m (10th Place)
27. Zach Ziemek - 7.08m (22nd Place)

Men's High Jump Qualification - Groups A and B
7. Bryan McBride - 2.29m - Qualified for Final
16. Ricky Robertson - 2.29m - Did not Qualify for Final
26. Jeron Robinson - 2.17m - Did not Qualify for Final
NM. Erik Kynard - Did not Qualify for Final

Women's Discus Throw Qualification - Group B
Whitney Ashley - 60.94m - Did not Qualify for Final
Valarie Allman - 53.85m - Did not Qualify for Final

Men's Decathlon Shot Put - 3rd of 10 Events
5. Trey Hardee - 15.16m (3rd Place)
13. Devon Williams - 14.43m (11th Place)
17. Zach Ziemek - 14.01m (21st Place)

Men's Decathlon High Jump - 4th of 10 Events
15. Zach Ziemek - 1.99m (19th Place)
16. Trey Hardee - 1.99m (4th Place)
23. Devon Williams - 1.96m (14th Place)

Women's 100 Meter Hurdles - Semi-Final
2. Dawn Harper Nelson - 12.63 - Qualified for Final
4. Christina Manning - 12.71 - Qualified for Final
5. Nia Ali - 12.79 - Qualified for Final
8. Kendra Harrison - 12.86 - Qualified for Final

Women's Long Jump - Final
1. Brittney Reese - 7.02m - GOLD MEDAL
3. Tianna Bartoletta - 6.97m - BRONZE MEDAL

Women's 800 Meter Run - Semi-Final
2. Ajee Wilson - 1:59.21 - Qualified for Final
4. Charlene Lipsey - 1:59.35 - Qualified for Final

18. Brenda Martinez - 2:01.31 - Did not Qualify for Final

Men's 1500 Meter Run - Semi-Final
7. John Gregorek - 3:38.68 - Qualified for Final
DNF. Robby Andrews - Did not Qualify for Final

Men's Hammer Throw - Final

Men's Decathlon 400 Meter Dash - 5th of 10 Events
5. Devon Williams - 48.11 (11th Place)
14. Trey Hardee - 48.78 (5th Place)
23. Zach Ziemek - 50.32 (22nd Place)

Women's 3000 Meter Steeplechase - Final
1. Emma Coburn - 9:02.58 - GOLD MEDAL
2. Courtney Frerichs - 9:03.77 - SILVER MEDAL

Women's 200 Meter Dash - Final
5. Deajah Stevens - 22.44
6. Kimberlyn Duncan - 22.59

AT

Results for August 12th:

Men's Decathlon 110 Meter Hurdles - 6th of 10 Events
6. Devon Williams - 14.27 (8th Place)
22. Zach Ziemek - 15.36 (22nd Place)
DQ. Trey Hardee (25th Place)

Women's 4 x 100 Meter Relay - 1st Round
1. United States (Aaliyah Brown, Allyson Felix, Morolake Akinosun, Ariana Washington) - 41.84 - Qualified for Final

Men's 4 x 100 Meter Relay - 1st Round
1. United States (Mike Rodgers, Justin Gatlin, BeeJay Lee, Christian Coleman)- 37.70  - Qualified for Final

Men's Decathlon Discus Throw - 7th of 10 Events
6. Zach Ziemek - 47.32m (17th Place)
12. Devon Williams - 44.29 (7th Place)
NM. Trey Hardee (26th Place)

Women's 4 x 400 Meter Relay - 1st Round
1. United States (Quanera Hayes, Kendell Ellis, Shakima Wimbley, Natasha Hastings) - 3:21.66 - Qualified for Final

Men's 4 x 400 Meter Relay - 1st Round
1. United States (Wil London III, Bryshon Nellum, Michael Cherry, Tony McQuay) - 2:59.23 - Qualified for Final

Men's Decathlon Pole Vault - 8th of 10 Events
2. Zach Ziemek - 5.10m (14th Place)
18. Devon Williams - 4.60m (8th Place)
DNS. Trey Hardee (DNF)

Men's Decathlon Javelin Throw - 9th of 10 Events
11. Zach Ziemek - 58.35m (13th Place)
13. Devon Williams - 57.93m (9th Place)
DNS. Trey Hardee (DNF)

Women's High Jump - Final
9. Inika McPherson - 1.92m
10. Vashti Cunningham - 1.92m

Women's 100 Meter Hurdles - Final
2. Dawn Harper Nelson - 12.63 - SILVER MEDAL
4. Kendra Harrison - 12.74
5. Christina Manning - 12.74
8. Nia Ali - 13.04

Men's Javelin Throw - Final

Men's 5000 Meter Run - Final
3. Paul Kipkemoi Chelimo - 13:33.30 - BRONZE MEDAL
10. Kemoy Campbell - 13:39.74
DNS. Ryan Hill

Men's Decathlon 1500 Meter Run - 10th of 10 Events
16. Devon Williams - 4:40.50 (10th Place) - 8088 Points
DNS. Zach Ziemek (DNF)
DNS. Trey Hardee (DNF)

Women's 4 x 100 Meter Relay - Final
1. United States (Aaliyah Brown, Allyson Felix, Morolake Akinosun, Tori Bowie) - 41.82 - GOLD MEDAL

Men's 4 x 100 Meter Relay - Final
2. United States (Mike Rodgers, Justin Gatlin, Jaylen Bacon, Christian Coleman) - 37.52 - SILVER MEDAL

AT

Results for August 13th:

Men's 50 Kilometer Race Walk - Final

Women's 50 Kilometer Race Walk - Final
4. Kathleen Burnett - 4:21:51
DNF. Susan Randall
DQ. Erin Talcott

Women's 20 Kilometer Race Walk - Final
25. Maria Michta-Coffey - 1:32:14
33. Miranda Melville - 1:34:47

Men's 20 Kilometer Race Walk - Final

Men's High Jump - Final
8. Bryan McBride - 2.25m

Women's Discus Throw - Final

Women's 5000 Meter Run - Final
9. Shannon Rowbury - 14:59.92
12. Molly Huddle - 15:05.28
13. Shelby Houlihan - 15:06.40

Women's 800 Meter Run - Final
3. Ajee Wilson - 1:56.65 - BRONZE MEDAL
7. Charlene Lipsey - 1:58.73

Men's 1500 Meter Run - Final
10. John Gregorek - 3:37.56

Women's 4 x 400 Meter Relay - Final
1. United States (Quanera Hayes, Allyson Felix, Shakima Wimbley, Phyllis Francis) - 3:19.02 - GOLD MEDAL

Men's 4 x 400 Meter Relay - Final
2. United States (Wilbert London III, Gil Roberts, Michael Cherry, Fred Kerley) - 2:58.61 - SILVER MEDAL

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas