• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Headed to Omaha (CWS Thread)

Started by Quite Frankly, June 06, 2009, 03:00:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

herws

Bashing OM is one thing, but calling them garbage is another, especially when they won the dang league. Oh and since you like to go back a few years lets go back a few years ago when Chris Warren was a freshman All America and you call him "terrible" while the game was going on at Fayetteville, and as soon as you said it he goes absolutely off and almost won the game for them. Thats what makes you look stupid Jeff. Not the bashing, but being dumb. As for your buddy GCF, he was just trying to be an a--. He shows his waste of space on this site as well. Did I not say OM choked and did I not say Ark played their way in the the CWS? I don't have time to play "lets see who I can make mad today". I handle grown folks business and tell it straight. You can't deal with it, then thats on you.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: herws on June 08, 2009, 04:41:33 pm
Bashing OM is one thing, but calling them garbage is another, especially when they won the dang league. Oh and since you like to go back a few years lets go back a few years ago when Chris Warren was a freshman All America and you call him "terrible" while the game was going on at Fayetteville, and as soon as you said it he goes absolutely off and almost won the game for them. Thats what makes you look stupid Jeff. Not the bashing, but being dumb. As for your buddy GCF, he was just trying to be an a--. He shows his waste of space on this site as well. Did I not say OM choked and did I not say Ark played their way in the the CWS? I don't have time to play "lets see who I can make mad today". I handle grown folks business and tell it straight. You can't deal with it, then thats on you.
That was yet another successful attempt about the Warren comment.

How does it feel to be so much more mature, intelligent, and tougher than me? Thank you for telling it straight. I look up to you HERWS!

gatecrasher

Herews. Two things: one I KNOW i'm an a**. And two you have issues of inferiority, self-esteem or something when you get so mad on a sports board that you have to resort to name-calling and therefore make yourself look like the real a**. Did you get beat up as a child or something? Be done with me then. You can't take what you dish out. HA HA!

Quite Frankly

Hearing rooms are already bad in Omaha.

(everyone get back on track and hurry)

powerlifter90

Quote from: blue4hire on June 08, 2009, 08:57:56 am
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 08, 2009, 08:55:00 am
Quote from: BUGEATERS on June 08, 2009, 08:13:16 am
During the UVA game the announcers were talking about how many "West" teams had won the CWS since 02.
Does anyone know when was the last time a team from East of the Mississippi won?
LSU is East of the Mississippi.
LSU was in 2000, Miami was the last team east of the Mississippi to win (2001).

That Miami team was also the last team that was a National top 8 seed to win the CWS

RHS

Heard on the radio the Hogs are only one of 10 teams to make 2 appearances to the CWS in thelast 6 years. Others off the top of my head were:

CSF
LSU
Georgia
UNC (made it 4 straight)
ASU
Oregon State
Texas

I don't remember the last 2.

blue4hire

Quote from: RHS on June 08, 2009, 11:04:41 pm
Heard on the radio the Hogs are only one of 10 teams to make 2 appearances to the CWS in thelast 6 years. Others off the top of my head were:

CSF
LSU
Georgia
UNC (made it 4 straight)
ASU
Oregon State
Texas

I don't remember the last 2.
Rice and Miami

RHS

There we go. Thanks for the follow up.

RHS

Lets get some predictions going.

Bracket 1:
CSF vs Arkansas
LSU vs Virginia (Close game IMO)

Bracket 2:
UNC vs ASU (Another close game. Might change it later)
Texas vs So Miss

herws

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on June 08, 2009, 05:31:25 pm
Herews. Two things: one I KNOW i'm an a**. And two you have issues of inferiority, self-esteem or something when you get so mad on a sports board that you have to resort to name-calling and therefore make yourself look like the real a**. Did you get beat up as a child or something? Be done with me then. You can't take what you dish out. HA HA!

You obviously have know idea who you are talking to....

msubulldogs21

Bracket 1:

CS Fullerton over Arkansas
Virginia over LSU

Bracket 2:

UNC over Arizona State
Texas over Southern Miss

I'm on that UVA bandwagon after the way they took care of Ole Miss. Pulling for the Cavs.

herws

Bracket two looks bad for Southern. Fullerton played here in Hattiesburg at the beginnign of the season, those guys can hit it a ton. Virginia may very well beat LSU Saturday. they are very solid and very well coached.

jbell96

My predictions will be for the teams that will come out of each bracket.

Bracket 1: LSU
Bracket 2: UNC

National Champ: LSU

Hopefully this will be a reverse jinx & cause LSU to choke. ;D

msubulldogs21

As for bracket and title predictions, I'll go:

Bracket 1: Virginia
Bracket 2: UNC

National Champ: Virginia

rsvl_hogfan4

Bracket 1: CSF
Bracket 2: Arizona State

National Champ: CSF

RHS

For bracket winners I think they come from the LSU/Virginia game and the UNC/ASU game.

Bracket 1: LSU
Bracket 2: ASU

National Champ: ASU

RGP

I just hope Arkansas isn't the first team out.... It'd be nice to win a game or two in Omaha...

Quite Frankly

RGP

gatecrasher

I don't care who you think I'm talking to

Quite Frankly

gatecrasher

That was for herews and his big bad "you don't know who you're talking to" thingy or whatever he said. I have gotten under his skin lol. He says I'm an a**. ROFL!!

herws

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on June 09, 2009, 05:26:01 pm
That was for herews and his big bad "you don't know who you're talking to" thingy or whatever he said. I have gotten under his skin lol. He says I'm an a**. ROFL!!

No you obviously don't know if you say I have self esteem issues, thats freakin funny. Ask around first.

You just keep posting away. And trust me, being an a-- comes very easy to me, just let me know when your ready.

gatecrasher

I'm a recovering addict. Folks like me perfected the art of being an a**. Now...why don't you lighten up.

RD™

God we suck cal state is going to hand our backsides to us we are lucky to be in omaha we won't win one game.

This team makes me sick, fire dvh damnit.

...Okay did my part

gatecrasher

RD-you have to make it LOOK real. That means omit the last sentence. If you get a response from someone objecting then that means you did good. :-D

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: herws on June 10, 2009, 08:33:28 am
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on June 09, 2009, 05:26:01 pm

No you obviously don't know if you say I have self esteem issues, thats freakin funny. Ask around first.

You just keep posting away. And trust me, being an a-- comes very easy to me, just let me know when your ready.
I thought you were done.

gatecrasher

herws

Keep it up guys, your posts on here just prove what i said right.

jbell96

June 12, 2009, 11:59:47 am #79 Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:22:17 pm by jbell96

jbell96

Hey guys, if you have my number, don't text me anything about the game tomorrow. I've got some errands to run & am recording the game on my DVR.

RHS

I'll get it from someone and be sure to send you a few. :D

jbell96

bulldogs1159

I am leaving in about three hours for the game. :)

RHS

Quite Frankly

70 minutes to air time.  For those with no tv, the game can be seen on ESPN 360 as well.

Go Hogs Go!

RD™

I don't know why yall are getting so excited, we are going to get rolled. We snuck in the backdoor.

Quite Frankly

Thatta boy.

Anyone else want to meet RD and I at BWW's?

True Believer

Pizza, wings, snacky foods and beverages here.   Go Hogs!!!!!!

suspended

Quote from: RD™ on June 13, 2009, 11:55:12 am
I don't know why yall are getting so excited, we are going to get rolled. We snuck in the backdoor.

negative nancy

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: suspended on June 13, 2009, 01:25:30 pm

negative nancy
Don't reverse it. It is a plan....

Hogs up 2-0 after 1 inning.

rsvl_hogfan4

That pitch they just got Eibner with was a ball the exact next pitch. It should have been a walk because it was outside. I just thought it was funny back to back pitches at same spot one is a strike and one isn't.

stattracker

So far the Hogs are handling this pitcher pretty well. Already coming up on 2nd time through the order.

RD™

negative nancy
I hate this team, I'll be here all day making fun of them. Over-rated and we suck.

stattracker

Quote from: RD™ on June 13, 2009, 01:44:12 pm

negative nancy
I hate this team, I'll be here all day making fun of them. Over-rated and we suck.

Loving the approach RD. :)

AB™

June 13, 2009, 02:02:30 pm #95 Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 02:09:07 pm by AB™
Arkansas is hitting him hard but, unfortunately a lot of the times they're making solid contact it goes foul. They've also got the CSF pitcher's pitch count up pretty high already.

RD™

powerlifter90

I said it before.............hottest team going to Omaha

RD™

See we can't add to a positive thing and ground out to third..geeze!

rsvl_hogfan4

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas