• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama vs Arkansas Game Thread

Started by rsvl_hogfan4, September 15, 2007, 06:04:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: HA_Fan? on September 17, 2007, 01:17:11 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 17, 2007, 11:55:23 am
You cannot say the Offense didn't play a roll in us losing

The offense didn't play a roll in the Hogs losing.

If you put up 38 points on the road in the SEC, that should be enough to win the game.  I would be suprized to see the Hogs put up 38 on anyone other than Ole Miss in the SEC for the rest of the year.

Had Alabama lost, it would have been on their defense.
I don't think I have ever said it on here, but this quite possibly could be one of the dumbest posts I have read that had to do with talking about an Arkansas game.

Turning the ball over 3 times, once on the 10 yard line, not being able to score until 6 minutes left in the first half, not being able to score from the 4 yard line when you have 2nd and 3, and 3rd and 3 so it results in a FG to remain down 11 at half instead of 7, and dropping a wide open touchdown pass is perfect to you? The offense obviously played a roll in losing. They weren't the only reason, but they played a big roll. Sure, they scored 28 points in the 2nd half, but we needed some of those points in the first too. Do you think the offense was able to score that many points on their own to get us back in the game? Our defense allowed us to start on our 42, our 45, Alabama's 42, and Bama's 32. Our defense kept Bama out of the endzone on 6 straight possession at one point and caused 2 big turnovers in the second half. Yes, they gave up the touchdown at the end of the game, but I was never claiming they were perfect. Our offense was close to perfect in the second half, but over the course of the entire game they weren't perfect, and helped attribute to at least 14 of Alabama's points.

not ray

No you didn't say that and bue did not say that the defense did not have any blame.  All he said was it was not all their fault.  There mistakes everywhere.  Lets see.  Offense sputters until midway thru the 2nd.  Defense is a leaky sieve (well actually the biggest hole was Norton) without him the defense would have played much better).  They did tighten up up in the 2nd.  Dick throws a horrendous pass that is picked off and sets them up inside the 10.  Fish drops a sure TD.  Crawford turns the ball over alone in an area 20 square yards that he was alone in.  The punt team blows a snap and then does not cover.  Jones fumbles a kickoff.  Smith runs out of bounds late.  An odd but understandable play call by Nutt at the end of the game stops the clock.  Problem is Dick made an even worse decision with his terrible throw.  The punt team fails to get downfield as the Bama' returner plays footsie with ball.  The offense wastes an early TO.  Both sides of the ball seemed to have been a sleep for the first 30 minutes.  Mitchell makes an idiotic mistake.  A couple of questionable interference calls.  Now remember not to include things that I did not say in order to help substantiate your point.  Read mine and then make your point from there. 

not ray

Ya know sometimes 38 points just ain't enough.  I am  going to go out on a limb and say they will are the only SEC team and certainly won't be the last to score near 40 and still lose.  The game just is not that easy.  Wish it were, but it isn't.

HA_Fan

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on September 17, 2007, 01:51:43 pm
Ya know sometimes 38 points just ain't enough.  I am  going to go out on a limb and say they will are the only SEC team and certainly won't be the last to score near 40 and still lose.  The game just is not that easy.  Wish it were, but it isn't.

Most of the time, a fan would be happy if his team scored 38 on the road in the SEC.

Of course, it was the Bengals offense's fault that they lost to the Browns yesterday.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on September 17, 2007, 01:54:35 pm

Most of the time, a fan would be happy if his team scored 38 on the road in the SEC.

Of course, it was the Bengals offense's fault that they lost to the Browns yesterday.
Who the heck is talking about the Bengals and the Browns? Now its getting laughable. Your so incorrect that your trying to bring NFL examples into the Arkansas Alabama thread. Ok man the jokes up you had your fun, because you really can't be serious about this.

rsvl_hogfan4

September 17, 2007, 02:00:27 pm #405 Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 02:02:15 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: HA_Fan? on September 17, 2007, 01:54:35 pm

Nobody said we weren't happy to score 38. You are horrible at understanding what people say. You constantly misinterpret things. I will try and say it one more time so that you can understand.

The offense scoring 38 points is nothing to cry about. It is good that we put that much on the board. I was happy to see that, and I am very excited to see what our offense will do against Kentucky. WE NEVER ONCE SAID THE OFFENSE WAS TOTALLY TO BLAME. Get that through your head and you will be better off responding to our posts. I am simply pointing out the offense wasn't as innocent as you think in our loss. If they don't throw that interception on the 10, if they don't have to punt from their endzone, if they hold onto the ball after a catch, if they catch that wide open pass for a touch down, if they do a lot of things this game would have ended in a win for us. The fact is they didn't do those things which means they helped contribute to our loss. Unless they played perfect than they played a roll in our loss. You even said they didn't play perfect. I am admitting our defense messed up, but they also helped us back in it by keeping Alabama out of the endzone on 6 straight possessions. I can think of a few times that Alabama had to kick a field goal when it looked like they were about to punch it in, but our defense stepped up. The blame doesn't go on only the offense or defense, it goes on the entire team. Not one player played perfect out there. Not even McFadden.

not ray

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on September 17, 2007, 01:54:35 pm

Honestly, is that al lyou could come up with?  I mean I have to agree with 1159 that has to be the most laughable example I have ever seen.  When are you going to realize that no one is saying the defense does not bare the majority of the responsiblity.  But if you think for one second Crawford and Fish were just patted on the back and told thats ok guys the defense just sucked too much then you are sadly mistake.  I am sure the special teams were told the same.   

HA_Fan

Look guys,

Both sides of the ball made mistakes.  I just don't think that you can go to the offense after that game and tell an average QB who probably just finished his best SEC game, the Heisman favorite who just ran for 200 yards, Felix who just ran for slightly under 100 and a true freshman that caught his 2nd TD that their side of the ball didn't do enough to win.  Generally, scoring 38 on the road in the SEC is enough to win; giving up 41 on the road in the SEC is not.

The offense is not going to play a perfect game, but they played well enough to win.  THE DEFENSE DID NOT PLAY WELL ENOUGH TO WIN.  That's all I'm saying.  I brought up the Browns/Bengals game, because it was EXACTLY THE SAME SITUATION.  Carson Palmer should never have needed to throw a SEVENTH TD pass to win that game.

On another note, this is beneath you.

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 17, 2007, 02:00:27 pm
You are horrible at understanding what people say. You constantly misinterpret things. I will try and say it one more time so that you can understand.

rsvl_hogfan4

So what you are saying is Houston should not go to his offense and tell him we can't turn the ball over? Makes sense since they scored 38.

Throwback1

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 17, 2007, 02:15:30 pm
So what you are saying is Houston should not go to his offense and tell him we can't turn the ball over? Makes sense since they scored 38.

I think you both are right, which probably makes me a little crazy.

HA_Fan

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 17, 2007, 02:15:30 pm
So what you are saying is Houston should not go to his offense and tell him we can't turn the ball over?

I don't see that anywhere in my post.

not ray

Actually the defense did play well enough to win.  All the offense had to do was make a first down and the defense could have gotten on the bus to leave.  Just guessing you have not spent just a whole lot of time inside the locker room and around coaches.  Just a hunch. 

Blue

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on September 17, 2007, 02:52:52 pm
Just guessing you have not spent just a whole lot of time inside the locker room and around coaches.  Just a hunch. 
I agree, if he had, he'd know that a fat lip comes to an offensive player that gave the other team the ball inside the 10-yard line twice, telling a defensive players it's all his fault there's 41 points on the scoreboard.

HA_Fan

Just guessing you have not spent just a whole lot of time inside the locker room and around coaches.  Just a hunch. 

Nice to fall back on when the facts fail.

Quote from: Blue on September 17, 2007, 03:23:20 pm
I agree, if he had, he'd know that a fat lip comes to an offensive player that gave the other team the ball inside the 10-yard line twice, telling a defensive players it's all his fault there's 41 points on the scoreboard.

I don't believe any of this discussion has to do with offensive players telling defensive players anything.  If that happens, it's on the coaches for not maintaining control and building the team.

The point was about which side of the ball came up short.  I still think it's primarily the defense.  You guys can think whatever you want.  Keep piling on if it makes you feel better.

If I told you there was a game where Casey threw 3 TD passes, D-Mac ran for 200, Felix ran for 100, the Hogs scored 38 on the road in the SEC and the Hogs lost, chances are you wouldn't assume that the offense was the big issue.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on September 17, 2007, 03:33:26 pm

Nice to fall back on when the facts fail.

Quote from: Blue on September 17, 2007, 03:23:20 pm

I don't believe any of this discussion has to do with offensive players telling defensive players anything.  If that happens, it's on the coaches for not maintaining control and building the team.

The point was about which side of the ball came up short.  I still think it's primarily the defense.  You guys can think whatever you want.  Keep piling on if it makes you feel better.

If I told you there was a game where Casey threw 3 TD passes, D-Mac ran for 200, Felix ran for 100, the Hogs scored 38 on the road in the SEC and the Hogs lost, chances are you wouldn't assume that the offense was the big issue.
I'm going to say this for the 3,000th time in hopes someday you might pick up on it. [bold]No one here is saying its all on the offense. No one is saying that the offense was the big issue.[/bold] We are saying the offense has part of the blame here. If they had no turnovers and had never forced our D to play on a short field then things would be different. But they had turnovers and could not move the ball at times early and late in the game. The D shoulders most of the responsibility for the loss but the offense has part of that responsibility as well.

HA_Fan

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on September 17, 2007, 03:39:29 pm
The D shoulders most of the responsibility for the loss but the offense has part of that responsibility as well.

It's all just semantics, I guess.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas