• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Earns Top 5 Finish In Final Polls 2011-2012

Started by Paw-Paw, January 10, 2012, 01:19:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Paw-Paw

http://arkansasnews.com/2012/01/10/football-arkansas-earns-top-5-finish-in-polls/

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE RAZORBACKS FOR AN AMAZING SEASON!

Sept 15, 2012 = #Showtime vs the defending BCS Champions on THE HILL

Enjoy it BAMA because the Year of the Hog and the Seventh-straight SEC National Championship team will be the ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS!

Hoghead

Man that's nice. It's been a LOOOOOONG Time ! Let's keep it up.

MONSTER

Great job Hogs! Top 5 finish will be HUGE heading into next year! We just have to figure out how to beat Bama and LSU,we should handle the other SEC teams w/o problems

Coach Venny Slocombe

Arkansas Razorbacks are back in the mix...finally...

Mulerider

5th in the USA and 3rd in the division, didn't even know that was possible!!!

Peety

Quote from: Paw-Paw on January 10, 2012, 01:19:48 am
http://arkansasnews.com/2012/01/10/football-arkansas-earns-top-5-finish-in-polls/

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE RAZORBACKS FOR AN AMAZING SEASON!

Sept 15, 2012 = #Showtime vs the defending BCS Champions on THE HILL

Enjoy it BAMA because the Year of the Hog and the Seventh-straight SEC National Championship team will be the ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS!

If I had a dollar for every time ive heard that from Razorback fans, I'd be a rich man

colts52

I'll reiterate a comment I posted early on Facebook and twitter. The hogs tie their best record in school history and finish 5th in the AP poll. Adding to that, next years team should have national title aspirations. Offense is reloading and the defense should be stout even with the loss of Franklin and  bequette. Add to that a fiery defensive coordinator that knows more than press man while bringing 4, the best redshirt class Bobby Petrino has ever seen, a great recruiting class (hope DGB signs, my very reliable sources say he will!) then the hogs have no excuses for less than a top 5 finish the next 5 years. The hogs weren't able to compete with alabama an LSUs depth. Now we are starting to see this Arkansas team build and soon will produce the depth needed on both sides of the ball to become a power house program under the reign of Petrino.

bleudog

AirWarren

Awesome. Big thing for recruiting and program growth.

Hogs are finally back in it as a nationally respected program.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: bleudog on January 10, 2012, 12:42:48 pm
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/polls
Where was Notre Dame? They accidentally left them off the website.

Oh, wait, I'll just have to wait until the preseason polls come out to see them in the top 5 with Michigan.

colts52

Espn preseason ranking has Arkansas at 14... Too 5 was

LSU- I can't disagree
Oklahoma- a big 8 bust this year that will bust again
Alabama- about right
Oregon- about right
Clemson- most baffling thing I've ever seen, apparently getting 70 hung on you by a big east team gets you to number 5

Notables
12 Kansas state

8. Texas

6. Florida state

Still no respect for the hogs

hb14lh

Quote from: colts52 on January 11, 2012, 02:10:32 pm

LSU- I can't disagree
Alabama- about right
Oregon- about right
Clemson- most baffling thing I've ever seen, apparently getting 70 hung on you by a big east team gets you to number 5

Notables
12 Kansas state

8. Texas

6. Florida state

That's just one analyst's take, not ESPN as a whole. Plus recruiting classes aren't finalized, transfers aren't on campus, and there are still players to declare for the draft.

DB

LSU- I can't disagree
Alabama- about right
Oregon- about right

Notables
12 Kansas state

8. Texas

6. Florida state

Is that a fan poll?

dc24

Not that I agree with Clemson being that high, but they return almost everyone.  They were very young.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: dc24 on January 11, 2012, 08:02:55 pm
Not that I agree with Clemson being that high, but they return almost everyone.  They were very young.

When you get exposed like that in a BCS Bowl it deflates hype. Maybe the Tigers will go under the polls radar again and steal the ACC.

dc24

Quote from: Paw-Paw on January 11, 2012, 10:19:13 pm
Quote from: dc24 on January 11, 2012, 08:02:55 pm

When you get exposed like that in a BCS Bowl it deflates hype. Maybe the Tigers will go under the polls radar again and steal the ACC.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did.  One play really changed that game too.  If that 99 yard fumble return doesn't happen, who knows how the game turns out?  But it did happen so that's all we can go off though.

I'm not so sure the winner of the ACC should be number 5 though, unless they are undefeated, which is a hard thing to do.

colts52

dc24

Quote from: colts52 on January 11, 2012, 10:57:39 pm
Yep with out that score it wouldve only been 63

Haha you're such a d**che.  Clemson was going in for another go ahead score, in a game that had been back and forth and then had a fumble run back 99 yards for a TD.  Momentum changed and the whole outlook of that game changed.  We don't know what would have happened had that play not happened and WVU may very well would have scored 63 points, but I doubt it. 

You don't seem to understand things very well.

Ex-HAplayer

LSU- I can't disagree
Alabama- about right
Oregon- about right

Notables
12 Kansas state

8. Texas

6. Florida state

How about a link

colts52

Im posting from my phone. If you live in the 21st century it's on your iPhone app espn scorecenter lol

bleudog

January 12, 2012, 10:18:35 pm #20 Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 04:50:44 pm by bleudog
Quote from: dc24 on January 12, 2012, 02:40:26 pm
Quote from: colts52 on January 11, 2012, 10:57:39 pm
Yep with out that score it wouldve only been 63

Haha you're such a d**che.  Clemson was going in for another go ahead score, in a game that had been back and forth and then had a fumble run back 99 yards for a TD.  Momentum changed and the whole outlook of that game changed.  We don't know what would have happened had that play not happened and WVU may very well would have scored 63 points, but I doubt it. 

You don't seem to understand things very well.

We do know what did happen. 
Clemson gave up 70 and lost by 37  :o

Ex-HAplayer

Quote from: colts52 on January 12, 2012, 10:02:04 pm
Im posting from my phone. If you live in the 21st century it's on your iPhone app espn scorecenter lol

iphone sucks

dc24

I'm not arguing the score of the game.  Just arguing that one play, and a pretty unlikely play at that, changed the outcome of the game.  Clemson was going in for the the go ahead score and fumbled and never recovered after that.  It, most likely, would have been a different outcome, had that not happened.

MONSTER

It was like a boxing match and WV countered a punch by Clemson and hurt them bad and they were never the same aftrwrds. Clemson will return nearly their whole team so they will def be a lot better and more experienced.

dc24

Quote from: MONSTER on January 13, 2012, 01:29:45 pm
It was like a boxing match and WV countered a punch by Clemson and hurt them bad and they were never the same aftrwrds. Clemson will return nearly their whole team so they will def be a lot better and more experienced.

Thank you.  I'm glad someone knows how to at least discuss a football game on here, instead of just looking at the box score. 

colts52

The score is the only thing that matters in the end. Yes the fumble hurt. But it's also a mistake by the offensive. You make enough mistakes and you get torched on national television by a mediocre big east team

MONSTER

Mediocre yes but they were the BEST the Big East had to offer.  I KNOW West Virgina would have beat K-State also!

colts52

You can say you think this team would would beat that team. What's your basis for your thinking? Elaborate please good sir.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas