• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Contest: Arkansas vs LSU. Week 12. Final Week.

Started by Brian G, August 28, 2011, 05:32:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Indiana Jones

sevenof400

November 20, 2011, 12:11:30 am #651 Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:20:52 pm by sevenof400
Standings through Week 11 (MSU game):

Click here for Year to date standings.

Click here for Week 11 breakdown.

Don't forget - those who have picked each week will have TWO scores dropping off after the LSU game.  If you missed a week, you will still get to drop that lowest score.

Thanks to Southern Pride for checking my data entry (and for having an 111 point week - the best of all entries).  The year to date standings have been corrected and updated.  A lot of people are still in range of the lead as the drop scores come into play for more people and more games this week!

SouthernerPride

November 20, 2011, 11:36:34 am #652 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:39:51 pm by SouthernerPride
Are you ready for this?

Arkansas 35
LSWHO? 28

I'd like to change my score;

Arkansas 27
LSWHO? 24

sevenof400

rattler60

November 20, 2011, 07:52:51 pm #655 Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:29:35 pm by rattler60
Number 1 versus number 3.  A win gives us a plane ticket to the national championship. Hogs-anything to win   LSU- loses!   

pantherblue

fastdrop

LSU 38 - Hogs 17

I have to get my FD curse on this game.

InYoGrill

dc24

HorseFeathers

Breitontime

olddog79

Mulerider

Anything can happen in this one and it usually does.  If the best team wins then it will be LSU hands down.  If both teams play well it will be LSU.  Arkansas will play its annual game of their life against LSU so the Tigers will see the Hogs best plus about 5 levels.

Every year LSU sleep walks through the Arkansas game, this year the Tigers have no excuse because this game means a National Title shot against Bama.

For the sake of the Arkansas program, LSU needs to win.  If the Hogs pull off this upset and get to play Alabama again on the big stage it will be a pistol whipping worse than the first one.  Alabama plus the Razorbacks inability to perform in a bowl game equals mercy rule in New Orleans and a dent in the SEC armor.

LSU will win this one but Arkansas will play inspired and better than ever imagined in Tiger Stadium.

Don Quixote

DB

Team of destiny 38
Team with ugliest cheerleaders in SEC 10

Indiana Jones

Quote from: DB on November 22, 2011, 01:09:44 pm
Team of destiny 38
you're not kiddin'!!!

Ken Griffey Jr.

LSU 24
Hogs 21

Man I hope that score ends up being switched

WPWells

trevster10

HogWildBison2011

I say arkansas has a break out game against the first team in the nation and Tyler Wilson makes the honey badger look like winnie the poo. Ark 45 LSU 6!! Because LSU can only kick field goals!!

Valleysports

Has Arkansas ever had so much press?  It's been building all year, the A&M televised comeback started the attention in the circles I run.  That's another thing - Arkansas has been on TV more this year, in far away lands - like where I'm at.  My coworkers have all been giving Arkansas credit this year.  I've also noticed that children of my Texas high school mates are committing to UA.  The timing of Arkansas arrival is good, with UT being down and the SEC being the conference were recruits want to play.  What an opportunity this week!!!!!!

gatecrasher

I have been on a roll the last two weeks...called Oregon over Stanford and TCU over Boise, and both of last Saturday's upsets (they are documented too...on Facebook ;D).

I need one more.

Arkansas is scoring 86% of the time in the red zone. LSU is dead last in the SEC in red zone defense.

If the offensive line continues to perform, the Hogs can win big...

Arkansas 23, LSU 10

gatecrasher

Quote from: Indiana Jones on November 22, 2011, 08:01:44 pm
Quote from: DB on November 22, 2011, 01:09:44 pm
Team of destiny 38
you're not kiddin'!!!

Dude....check out the Louisiana state trooper smirking in the background...;)

Coach Venny Slocombe

HogWildBison2011

IMO....LSU's normally athletic secondary has a off day (bc of the game being on friday & a afternoon game) and ARK defense steps up leading to a big Arkansas win 36-10

True Fan

InYoGrill

Nemesis

Conflicting decisions here.  On paper, LSU is supposed to win.  Vegas odds are on LSU. But too many things have fallen into place for that perfect scenario for the Hogs. You know, all the what-ifs that people said that had a snow balls chance in heck to happen... 

o/u 52  Lsu 13 point favorites, This game has always had all the intangibles. 

Hogs in an upset

Hogs 31 LsU 27

Mulerider

Quote from: Nemesis on November 24, 2011, 01:36:11 pm
Conflicting decisions here.  On paper, LSU is supposed to win.  Vegas odds are on LSU. But too many things have fallen into place for that perfect scenario for the Hogs. You know, all the what-ifs that people said that had a snow balls chance in heck to happen... 

o/u 52  Lsu 13 point favorites, This game has always had all the intangibles. 

Hogs in an upset

Hogs 31 LsU 27

Not to mention Arkansas will play the game of their lives against LSU.  They always do.  Even when LSU is overwhelmingly better (2007) the Hogs will do something that has never been done before to pull out a win.

If Arkansas could play as well against every team as they do against LSU every year they would rarely lose.

LSU is to talented this year.

LSU 38
Arkansas 24

True Believer

I have to work today but there is a TV in the dayroom.  I'm going to get everything done and hopefully can sit in there to watch the Hogs!   I am taking my Razorback stuffed animal to work to harass all other non Razorback supporters there!  It calls the Hogs and plays the fight song!!

Go Hogs!!

AirWarren

I worked tonight. I get the day off finally but hey, holiday diffs and night diffs make me happy.

WPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Radiotalker

Brian G

sevenof400

I thought you were abstaining this week to avoid the appearance of impropriety....

Brian G

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 25, 2011, 03:07:17 pm
I thought you were abstaining this week to avoid the appearance of impropriety....
Wrong Thread.

sevenof400

Quote from: B.G. on November 25, 2011, 03:08:24 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on November 25, 2011, 03:07:17 pm
Wrong Thread.

You get testy what you sniff the lead!   ;D

Brian G

Simple answer.  I also am not sniffing 'the lead'. 

sevenof400

Final Standings through Week 12 (LSU game):

Click here for Week 12 breakdown.

With the two score drop off now in play, please check your scores!.  These are the final standings for this contest. 

Brian G

Grats to the winner.  A near perfect score the last week to win it is certainly as good as a game can get.

Maybe we can tweak it just a bit next year and get more players.

Hoghead

We got pole walked down in Red Stick ! Congrats to LSU !!!!!

Mulerider

InYoGrill

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 25, 2011, 06:00:12 pm
Final Standings through Week 12 (LSU game):

Click here for Week 12 breakdown.

With the two score drop off now in play, please check your scores!.  These are the final standings for this contest.
[/quote

Great job 7!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Congrats Seven, hope we can do this next year. Cool contest...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas