• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Tyler Wilson for starting QB thread

Started by Eddie Goodson, September 27, 2008, 05:11:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Goodson

OK Petrino, now's the time. Make Tyler the starter and start building for the future.

Quite Frankly

EG just says the heck with it and calls it.  I think it might happen soon.  But my guess is one more week vs. Florida for Casey.

But you could argue that a home game is the best time even if it's against Florida.

RD™

Drama Mama ™

September 27, 2008, 05:18:19 pm #3 Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 05:25:17 pm by Drama Mama ™
Voting has begun.  ....... I'm in .  Go TW and Go Hogs !
Crap, as I pressed the post button, he just got lit up, intercepted and Texas just ran it back for a TD. . . . . .  I still vote for TW  ;)  Grayson got blown up DANG IT ! DANG IT !  DANG IT !

Quite Frankly

Eddie, you got to stop this jinxing people/teams.  (RE: INT for TD)

:)

aCard

RD™

cotnhauler

As I said on the other channel. Your QB will be eligible next year. Will I get cursed at over here too?

stattracker

Look, I'm all in favor of Tyler being the QB. Here's the deal though. If the line doesn't protect any better than they are it is not going to matter who the QB is. Tyler may not be around to be the QB next year if he keeps getting hit like he is right now. The SEC defenses aren't going to lighten up on him.

aCard

Dont worry people.....Youngblood will be playing next year...sorry wilson kid

Code3Cat

it doesnt matter who the QB is..the offensive line is just plain offensive...no QB has time to throw the ball.  IM gonna watch every play when they suck just like I do when they are good.  I knew it was going to be like this when I turned it on.  No sense leaving it early now.  The sun will rise

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: RD™ on September 27, 2008, 05:20:21 pm
Quote from: aCard on September 27, 2008, 05:19:55 pm
interception....by wilson...81 yard TD

Yah your boys from Camden suck as well.
Hey acard, don't be doggin on our 5A West Golden Boy  ;)

Quite Frankly

This year it won't matter.  But Tyler playing this year will certainly help him towards next year even if he does have hard knocks.

aCard

lol...IM just messing...come on...but wilson need to stop throwning touchdowns for Texas....I think he has more than McCoy

Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote from: aCard on September 27, 2008, 05:23:03 pm

If Wilson isn't starting next year, then the starter sure as heck won't be Youngblood.  It will come down to Mallett and and Wilson, plain and simple.

B&GT

Guess that's why Youngblood was sitting in the student section for the Western Illinois game and Wilson is out there playing already.

stattracker

Quote from: Ken Griffey Jr. on September 27, 2008, 05:26:16 pm

If Wilson isn't starting next year, then the starter sure as heck won't be Youngblood.  It will come down to Mallett and and Wilson, plain and simple.

That is very true. Youngblood is going pro in baseball.

dang. Why did they just mention the other guy for?

aCard

Truthfully...Wilson or Youngblood wont have a chance....Mallett hands down

rsvl_hogfan4

I am going to have to say no to that. He has not played any better than Casey. He has gotten sacked just as much, and threw a pick 6 on an awful throw. He just missed a wide open TD too. He is being pressured though, but so was Casey.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: aCard on September 27, 2008, 05:27:53 pm
Truthfully...Wilson or Youngblood wont have a chance....Mallett hands down
Petrino will surely want your input. ::)

aCard

Wilson better get his weight up....This isn't Tulsa ;D

Code3Cat

Dick has held on to the ball to long at times..but im going to say more has been on the line than either QB.  I think Dick, Wilson, the other dick, mortenson, youngblood or mallet would have all looked equally as bad today.  overmatched all the way across...cant hang your hat on any one single thing. 

RD™

Yah...Baseball.

Quite Frankly

Code3Cat

this isnt the university of youngblood or wilson!  There are many many more problems with this team other than QB.  This defense is an F- at the present.  Wont matter who the QB is if that isnt fixed first. 

aCard

like i said....This isn't 7 on 7...This is SEC football....

aCard

Code3Cat

Ken Griffey Jr.

Quite Frankly

aCard

Nutt is going to beat Ark. down and the make the whole team celebrate when they score their last touchdown....

Well Wilson might throw them another one.....who knows???

Code3Cat

Indiana Jones

Father Guido

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on September 27, 2008, 05:18:19 pm
Crap, as I pressed the post button, he just got lit up, intercepted and Texas just ran it back for a TD. . . . . .  I still vote for TW  ;)  Grayson got blown up DANG IT ! DANG IT !  DANG IT !

Just as I thought!  It's a conspiracy.  The Harrison kid won't block for the Greenwood kid.   That's just pathetic.   ;D   ;)   ;)

7AFBFAN

Father, I think the whole team was in on that conspiracy. Offense, Defense, and special teams. Davis did a great job punting, his leg must be awful tired though.

rsvl_hogfan4

According to the box score, Casey was 7/13 for 139 yards and 0 interceptions. Tyler Wilson was 7/15 for 41 yards and an interception for a TD. I would take Casey's stats any day. Especially since it came against the first team and Wilson's came against the 2nd and third. Not sure what you guys see in Wilson right now. If it is just so that he will get more experience that is fine. If you guys actually think he is better than you are crazy.

7AFBFAN

I think everyone is ready to fold up the tents and head to the house. It would be a disaster to remove one of our only leadership players from the offense at this time. 

powerlifter90

Mallet has what, 3 years left.  That is your future HOG fans.  Redshirt Wilson next year.

Iknewthemwhen

Wilson didn't look good and Youngblood is certainly not ready.  UA is suffering without a QB excetpt CD rightnow.  Next year may be different but I don't see any of the others being good enough now.  Wilson looked slow and scared.

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Father Guido on September 27, 2008, 10:39:31 pm

Just as I thought!  It's a conspiracy.  The Harrison kid won't block for the Greenwood kid.   That's just pathetic.   ;D   ;)   ;)
Quote from: Father Guido on September 27, 2008, 10:39:31 pm

Paybacks a biotch   ;)  Just sayin  ;D  LOL !

Father Guido

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 27, 2008, 11:06:33 pm
According to the box score, Casey was 7/13 for 139 yards and 0 interceptions. Tyler Wilson was 7/15 for 41 yards and an interception for a TD. I would take Casey's stats any day. Especially since it came against the first team and Wilson's came against the 2nd and third. Not sure what you guys see in Wilson right now. If it is just so that he will get more experience that is fine. If you guys actually think he is better than you are crazy.

Not to be too picky, but you left out Casey's fumble that he lost, and you seem to have forgotten that Wilson came in during the third quarter and I believe at least his first two or three series was against Texas' starters.  On the Int. that went for a TD, Wilson had a lineman bearing down on him.  Yeah, he probably should have eaten it and took the sack.  Probably will next time.  I will say this, Wilson is a quick learner and rarely makes the same mistakes twice.  If we are going to have a QB learning on the run, I would rather it be one who will be around longer.

Regardless of what anybody thinks, Wilson needs to play more.  As was evidenced today, Casey could go down on any play, then that decision will have been decided.  The more plays Wilson can get under center in a real game the better.  You can learn more in a few plays in a real game against another team, than in a weeks worth of practice.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Father Guido on September 27, 2008, 11:54:17 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 27, 2008, 11:06:33 pm

Not to be too picky, but you left out Casey's fumble that he lost, and you seem to have forgotten that Wilson came in during the third quarter and I believe at least his first two or three series was against Texas' starters.  On the Int. that went for a TD, Wilson had a lineman bearing down on him.  Yeah, he probably should have eaten it and took the sack.  Probably will next time.  I will say this, Wilson is a quick learner and rarely makes the same mistakes twice.  If we are going to have a QB learning on the run, I would rather it be one who will be around longer.

Regardless of what anybody thinks, Wilson needs to play more.  As was evidenced today, Casey could go down on any play, then that decision will have been decided.  The more plays Wilson can get under center in a real game the better.  You can learn more in a few plays in a real game against another team, than in a weeks worth of practice.
Casey had 1 or 2 players in his face on almost every play. Yes, he should have held on to the ball better on that fumble. However, it wouldn't have happened in the first place had he not had 2 guys untouched in the backfield. Wilson may be good, but he is just a freshman right now and I don't think throwing him into the fire against the schedule right away is the best thing to do. He had more attempts than Casey but about 100 less yards and 1 more INT. I don't think he is ready by any means.

GBdog2003

Quarterbacks is not our problem CD is more than efficient at QB and yes im a HUGE greenwood fan and would love to see him in there but when we cant run the ball nor give our QB anytime it doesnt matter if its Casey dick or Peyton manning throwing the ball anyone would have looked like trash in that game. Defense F- cause nothings lower than an F off line D- WR's C+ they simply arent getting open that hurts as well. QB B- . KR A dennis continually gets it across the 25 avg around the 35 thats good field pos. Our punting is the only bright spot Davis is a Stud punter. XP FG omg F----- Tejada get ur head right you have an NFL leg u need to get between the ears right. Guys QB is not our problem again Tyler Wilson I think should only become the starter when 6 wins isnt possible and we wont be eligible for a bowl. That way TW can get some experience Live like Mallet did in Michigan so they can duke it out. CD is our best chance to get into a bowl. But we wont if our WHOLE team plays like this. Petrino runs a very complicated system and will take at minimum 2-3 years to get his players and his system fully integrated. Patience hog fans we will get there.

Ty

Quote from: aCard on September 27, 2008, 05:40:29 pm
Nutt is going to beat Ark. down and the make the whole team celebrate when they score their last touchdown....

Well Wilson might throw them another one.....who knows???
At least he plays.

Where's your boy Jim?

Father Guido

Quote from: GBdog2003 on September 28, 2008, 02:47:05 am
Quarterbacks is not our problem CD is more than efficient at QB and yes im a HUGE greenwood fan and would love to see him in there but when we cant run the ball nor give our QB anytime it doesnt matter if its Casey dick or Peyton manning throwing the ball anyone would have looked like trash in that game. Defense F- cause nothings lower than an F off line D- WR's C+ they simply arent getting open that hurts as well. QB B- . KR A dennis continually gets it across the 25 avg around the 35 thats good field pos. Our punting is the only bright spot Davis is a Stud punter. XP FG omg F----- Tejada get ur head right you have an NFL leg u need to get between the ears right. Guys QB is not our problem again Tyler Wilson I think should only become the starter when 6 wins isnt possible and we wont be eligible for a bowl. That way TW can get some experience Live like Mallet did in Michigan so they can duke it out. CD is our best chance to get into a bowl. But we wont if our WHOLE team plays like this. Petrino runs a very complicated system and will take at minimum 2-3 years to get his players and his system fully integrated. Patience hog fans we will get there.

I agree 100%.  If the O-Line doesn't improve, it doesn't matter who the QB is.  I would like to see Tyler get more reps with the first team, mainly so he will have that experience in case Casey gets hurt.  I agree that he is not ready, but if the O-Line doesn't get better, he needs to get ready quick, because there's no way Casey, or anybody else, can stand up to the punishment he is taking. 

RD™

Season is a wash, look to the future bench the upper classmen.

stattracker

Quote from: RD™ on September 28, 2008, 09:40:37 am
Season is a wash, look to the future bench the upper classmen.

Everybody keeps saying look to the future.

A couple of things you must look at:

1. The future is next week. Who is the best QB to give a chance to "WIN" that game? That QB is CD. I don't like him anymore as a QB than the next person, but the bottom line is he is the best QB we have to compete against Florida. I was raised and have taught kids that I coached that you don't ever "give up". You go out and you fight no matter how bad the odds are stacked against you. If we, as fans, are going to say "just give up and put the other guys in" then that is not fair to the players that are busting their a$$ses up there trying to put a product on the field to compete. It doesn't matter who the QB is. Our o-line is not protecting well enough to give the QB enough time (overall). Why throw a true freshman in there to get constantly hit and probably get hurt?

2. There is no question that we don't have anywhere near the amount of talent that these other schools have. IDK to get involved why anymore. I think it has been stated several times. It's a dead horse now. Do we want to put "the kids of the future' in these games where even our upper classmen are getting killed. The quickest way to demoralize a young athlete is to put them in a situation where they have no chance to succeed. Yeah, we are starting some freshman, but how big of an impact are they really being right now? They will be great in a couple of years, so let's bring them along and not throw them into the fire without a fire suit. You heard Willie Robinson state that they thought the playbook was too thick.

We have a lot of young guys that need the support of their fan base. What they do not need is all of this crap being said about them. They are giving their best. This team will be a force to reckon with in a couple of years and then I would venture to guess people will want back on the bandwagon.

SandLizard04

To be fair to Hog fans, you may have just played 2 of the best 3 teams in the country.

RD™

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on September 28, 2008, 11:37:55 am
To be fair to Hog fans, you may have just played 2 of the best 3 teams in the country.
and that's Gangsta

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas