• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official- Arkansas Head Coach Bobby Petrino(Retro Bump)

Started by bulldogs1159, December 11, 2007, 06:02:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldogs1159

Its on right now

And John Clayton is a heck of a source.

Throwback1

According to ESPN, it's gonna get done...several sources.

RHS

that Petrino is going to resign as Falcons head coach and be the new coach of the Hogs. Heard it just now while listening to the Paul Finebaum show.

bulldogs1159

Haha we posted it at the same time

RHS

Just merged them all since we all posted within 30 seconds of each other.

bulldogs1159

Well hog fans we got our big name, now lets see how it works out.

jbell96

I'm probably going to be in the minority, but I don't want Petrino. I want Muschamp.

Throwback1

Quote from: RHS on December 11, 2007, 06:06:32 pm
Just merged them all since we all posted within 30 seconds of each other.
ok...grrr...lo....anyway, sounds like they sure think it's gonna get done..

Footballer

December 11, 2007, 06:09:27 pm #8 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 06:11:12 pm by Footballer
I was fine with either one. Hopefully, we see a recruiting boost. I'm just happy we may finally have a coach.

Throwback1

Quote from: FF Chief of Staff of the Air Force JBELL on December 11, 2007, 06:08:26 pm
I'm probably going to be in the minority, but I don't want Petrino. I want Muschamp.
I wouldn't of been upset with Muschamp, or several others, but I'm happy.

RD™

Romeo

;D Merry Christmas! an early christmas gift for arkansas fans. This is a grand slam hire!

bulldogs1159

Quote from: FF Chief of Staff of the Air Force JBELL on December 11, 2007, 06:08:26 pm
You wanted "BOOMMUTAFCKA!!" ? :)

hogsfan4life

I am not going to believe it til I see him call the hogs. Been burnt twice, not gonna happen again. Although would be very happy!!

RHS

I was actually starting to get excited about Muschamp. I still think he would have been a pretty good hire. Hopefully Petrino doesn't bolt anywhere soon.

Indiana Jones

Muschamp as DC?  ;D
Monster hire, the guy knows offense  for sure  :) 8)
espn link below
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3150783

Throwback1

for those who havn'et heard exactly what was reported...

Sources: Petrino leaving NFL for Arkansas job
ESPN.com

Updated: December 11, 2007, 6:06 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
Bobby Petrino will resign his position as coach of the Atlanta Falcons and is close to an agreement to become the new coach at the University of Arkansas, multiple sources tell ESPN.

RD™

Houston Nutt's rear just puckered up to 1/4 its orginal size

trenchwarefare_07

Just hoping that we can close this deal for good now, and then turn our focus to getting our commitments back.

Here's the big name everyone thought that we could get. So if this deal is as done as ESPN is making it out to be, all that's left to do now is to be fans and support. Don't matter what side of the fence you were on, now it's time to support the program.

Throwback1

Quote from: G on December 11, 2007, 06:17:54 pm
More than anything, I like this hire because to many outside of Arkansas, this looks like an upgrade. And I think Petrino will get us some wins.

And if he does bolt a few years from now, I think the program will look more attractive than it did this time around.
no doubt about it....nationally, this looks like a huge coup for Arkansas, and that matters right now, a LOT.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: RD on December 11, 2007, 06:16:55 pm
Houston %$*#'s rear just puckered up to 1/4 its orginal size
"Crap they got someone ten times better than me, but I still love that helmet"

Throwback1

Quote from: trenchwarefare_07 on December 11, 2007, 06:20:24 pm
Just hoping that we can close this deal for good now, and then turn our focus to getting our commitments back.

Here's the big name everyone thought that we could get. So if this deal is as done as ESPN is making it out to be, all that's left to do now is to be fans and support. Don't matter what side of the fence you were on, now it's time to support the program.
EXACTLY....no reason for any true Razorback fan to not get on board.

trenchwarefare_07

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on December 11, 2007, 06:20:52 pm
Quote from: RD on December 11, 2007, 06:16:55 pm
Houston %$*#'s rear just puckered up to 1/4 its orginal size
"Crap they got someone ten times better than me, but I still love that helmet"

lol +1

urban legend

...and with Petrino's offensive expertise, this should also do a whole heckuva a lot for UA's offense. At least, let's hope so. That is, if the deal gets done.

DB

BOOM! 

I hope this one sticks.  It will go a long way toward reducing the laughing at us.

Romeo

www.ajc.com

confirmed by the atlanta journal constitution. Petrino's headed to Arkansas.

RD™

bulldogs1159

He has already resigned, where else would he go?

jbell96

does he have the stuff to sew up these recruits in state? plus joe adams

bulldogs1159

Quote from: 007 on December 11, 2007, 06:30:14 pm
If you were committed here you should feel lucky that the coach you are getting is ten times better than the one you signed up for.

Throwback1

OMG..lol...Wikipedia already has Petrino listed as Arkansas' head football coach!!!!!!

hogsfan4life

You know what, it's not very hard to get excited about this one!

Throwback1

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on December 11, 2007, 06:32:01 pm
Quote from: 007 on December 11, 2007, 06:30:14 pm
If you were committed here you should feel lucky that the coach you are getting is ten times better than the one you signed up for.
I agree.  NO reason for any offensive skill player to walk away now.

RD™

Throwback1

People can argue if they want to waste their time, but 90% of the entire "Arkansas isn't a good job bs" just went POOF!

jbell96

I'm sure hogville is going to crash any moment now.

Chris Murphy

This is a great hire. I hope he stays around for a while and doesn't bolt at the first opportunity. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed for a while, and I also wouldn't be surprised if he bolted after a few years. Either way, the Razorbacks will be a better team when he leaves, no matter when it is. He's a brilliant offensive mind, and I'm sure he's smart enough to know that offense alone won't get it done in the SEC, so I'll bet he goes out and gets a good defensive coordinator (or keeps Herring, whose defense will improve, I think, if he stays around due to the recruiting boost that comes with having Petrino on the sideline). I'm iffy on his character, but we'll see how that plays out.

One thing is certain though...he probably won't hesitate to run the score up on Houston Nutt. And I can't wait to see that happen.

bulldogs1159

Yes it was good talking to you people but once hogville goes nuts we will be taken offline for a couple hours...... bleh

ppop

Quote from: Throwback1 on December 11, 2007, 06:36:46 pm
People can argue if they want to waste their time, but 90% of the entire "Arkansas isn't a good job bs" just went POOF!

I can now travel to Texas for the holidays with my pride in tact!

RHS

I think any WR in the state that was committed to us would be solid now. You KNOW under BP we WILL have a passing game.

RD™

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on December 11, 2007, 06:38:53 pm
Yes it was good talking to you people but once hogville goes nuts we will be taken offline for a couple hours...... bleh
Go To The Mob.

bulldogs1159

I am freakn excited man. I cant wait for next season already.

True Fan

Quote from: Throwback1 on December 11, 2007, 06:33:11 pm
OMG..lol...Wikipedia already has Petrino listed as Arkansas' head football coach!!!!!!

I saw that. Down at the bottom, it points out that it's not confirmed yet.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: RD on December 11, 2007, 06:40:26 pm
Go To The Mob.
The what?

jbell96

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on December 11, 2007, 06:41:14 pm
Quote from: RD on December 11, 2007, 06:40:26 pm
Go To The Mob.
The what?

What's the mob?

Throwback1

Quote from: True Fan on December 11, 2007, 06:40:51 pm
Quote from: Throwback1 on December 11, 2007, 06:33:11 pm

I saw that. Down at the bottom, it points out that it's not confirmed yet.
no doubt he's resigned and working out the final particulars on a deal with us..now just a matter of getting it done and not some silly bs pop up and skew it.

[el_CaC]

Quote from: RHS on December 11, 2007, 06:39:37 pm
I think any WR in the state that was committed to us would be solid now. You KNOW under BP we WILL have a passing game.

In all seriousness, D;ck's passing wasn't that bad in the last three games. Who knows, if he has more targets to throw to next season, we might have a pretty good passing game going for us. Then there won't be so much pressure to find someone to immediately fill the void left by DMac(and probably Felix).

Throwback1

This should firm up all the ark kids who verbally commited, all the O guys for sure...what O would be funner to play in, Petrino's or Nutt's?..no brainer...phones burning up right now..hope for the best.

Romeo

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas