• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The UA debacle. All Nutt/Mitch/Damian talk here

Started by memphisguy, December 11, 2006, 10:48:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

If You Could Fire Coach Nutt Today, What Would Your Reason Be?

Winning 10 games for the 1st time since Ken Hatfield was the coach in the late 1980s
4 (22.2%)
For going to a New year's Day bowl
6 (33.3%)
For winning the SEC West
0 (0%)
For coaching a Heisman Trophy Ruuner-Up
1 (5.6%)
For beating Auburn at Auburn
2 (11.1%)
For beat the Vols at Fayetteville
2 (11.1%)
For Winning 10 Straight
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

not ray

Quote from: President Ivan on December 11, 2006, 10:18:56 pm
Alex Wood was a terrible hire.

Any pro coach that has been available as much as Wood over his career is suspect.  But I saw right here and on Hogville the people just ready to drink of the kool-aid.  I saw many many times where people just could not wait for him to come in and work his magic.  This is the same guy that close friend Dennis Green fired because he said he just could not cut it.  Well neither can Green, but if anyone should know it would be Green.

6aaafan

Quote from: President Ivan on December 11, 2006, 10:21:32 pm
QuoteBottom line is that Mitch won the Vandy game thats it all the other games it could have been anyone. Nutt had to pull him because he was afriad that he would try to give the game away like he tried to do against Alabama

Lest we forget, Casey Dick tried his damndest to do the very same thing against LSU.

He tried to your right, but how many crossing routes did you see in that game, zero. Just about every ball was down filed. That's playing calling not Dick. He did have a bad game but that was not completely his fault.

Uncle Ivan

I knew something was up when I looked at his coaching stops.  Fired by the Cardinals?  That was fishy.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: 6aaafan A.K.A Some sort of prophet on December 11, 2006, 10:26:44 pmHe tried to your right, but how many crossing routes did you see in that game, zero. Just about every ball was down filed. That's playing calling not Dick. He did have a bad game but that was not completely his fault.

That's because Houston had firm control of the offense and playcalling by then.

Devil Supporter

December 11, 2006, 11:32:59 pm #54 Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 11:34:45 pm by Devil Supporter
Everybody is so concerned about MM and his comments because he was told one thing and something else happened.  What about Robert Johnson?  Was he not told that he would still get a great deal of playing time?  I realize that he did get some playing time as receiver but we don't hear him complaining. 

I think that everyone should just stop all the complaining and be happy that the season has turned out the way it has...a 10 win season, SEC West Champs, 2 wins away from possibly playing for the National Championship, the runner-up in the Heisman race, the Doak Walker Award winner, and several other honors that I'm sure many of you would have never dreamed of at the beginning of the season. 

So like him or not, HDN has put in place or been forced to put in place the right people to get the job done.  And if you remember, he has said for the past couple of years that we were only  a couple of years away from a National Championship.  I personally think that he is a great motivator and one that can be a good head coach, maybe not a great play caller at times but it seems that the team that was assembled this year did a great job.

6aaafan

Quote from: President Ivan on December 11, 2006, 10:37:35 pm
Quote from: 6aaafan A.K.A Some sort of prophet on December 11, 2006, 10:26:44 pmHe tried to your right, but how many crossing routes did you see in that game, zero. Just about every ball was down filed. That's playing calling not Dick. He did have a bad game but that was not completely his fault.

Gus is in charge of the offense, there are several plays each game that make it blatantly obvious to anyone who has watched the Hogs since Nutt has been here that he is not calling the plays.

How many 3rd and longs have you seen us run the pattended draw, none that I can think of. How many trick plays have you there been this year quit a few. The entire Wildcat offense is Gus. He has called the plays this year.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: 6aaafan A.K.A Some sort of prophet on December 11, 2006, 11:57:19 pm

Gus is in charge of the offense, there are several plays each game that make it blatantly obvious to anyone who has watched the Hogs since Nutt has been here that he is not calling the plays.

How many 3rd and longs have you seen us run the pattended draw, none that I can think of. How many trick plays have you there been this year quit a few. The entire Wildcat offense is Gus. He has called the plays this year.

How many counters and iso plays have you seen out of max protect and one reciever?  Lots.  How many pass plays with two recievers, max protect, and the QB only throwing to Monk?

That's Nutt.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Devil Supporter on December 11, 2006, 11:32:59 pmI think that everyone should just stop all the complaining and be happy that the season has turned out the way it has...a 10 win season, SEC West Champs, 2 wins away from possibly playing for the National Championship, the runner-up in the Heisman race, the Doak Walker Award winner, and several other honors that I'm sure many of you would have never dreamed of at the beginning of the season. 

Yes, we should be happy to just settle for the Citrus Bowl. 

Shame on us for expecting more. 

Shame on us for being angry because our head coach crapped away a national title shot.

6aaafan

Quote from: President Ivan on December 12, 2006, 12:59:35 am
Quote from: 6aaafan A.K.A Some sort of prophet on December 11, 2006, 11:57:19 pm

How many counters and iso plays have you seen out of max protect and one reciever?  Lots.  How many pass plays with two recievers, max protect, and the QB only throwing to Monk?

That's Nutt.

I am not sure of this but I have read a lot on this board that a lot of the plays Gus used at Springdale were one or two man routes with max protection.

One other thing when Gus was hired he was hired to add things to the offense and change parts of it, not to change the whole thing. So wouldn't it be expected that we see plays that look a lot like the plays Nutt would call.

Devil Supporter

Quote from: President Ivan on December 12, 2006, 01:00:45 am
Quote from: Devil Supporter on December 11, 2006, 11:32:59 pmI think that everyone should just stop all the complaining and be happy that the season has turned out the way it has...a 10 win season, SEC West Champs, 2 wins away from possibly playing for the National Championship, the runner-up in the Heisman race, the Doak Walker Award winner, and several other honors that I'm sure many of you would have never dreamed of at the beginning of the season. 

Yes, we should be happy to just settle for the Citrus Bowl. 

Shame on us for expecting more. 

Shame on us for being angry because our head coach crapped away a national title shot.

Rome wasn't built in a day either.

Besides, is this not better than where we were last year?  How many other teams would like to be in our shoes right now?  I figure quite a few, especially those not going anywhere but back to the kitchen for another bowl of popcorn while they are watching the Citrus Bowl.

Tarkus

6aaafan - no offense, but you are showing that you really don't know that much about Malzahn. I won't say that one or two man routes never happened at Springdale, but it was very rare. Gus knew how to take advantage of defensive weaknesses. There were times when they ran the ball most of the time. There were times when they mixed it up. And, there were times when they ran a 5 receiver set for the entire 1st half. He may not have been as good at taking advantage of those weaknesses this year, but lets not forget that he is coaching at the D1 level now. I believe he will learn, adjust and get better just as the freshmen will. Things didn't change overnight at Shiloh or at Springdale when Gus came in. It took a year or two for it to come together at both schools. It will be the same here too - if Nutt will allow it.

Malzahn also doesn't keep running plays that aren't working - that's Nutt. If you really think Malzahn has been calling all of the plays, you need to think again.

nfblaze

December 12, 2006, 08:16:39 am #61 Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 08:48:20 am by Cureā„¢
Quote from: S.D. Jones on December 11, 2006, 06:33:53 pm
I just wonder how things would have gone if they had ran Gus' offense and it totally failed.  I mean running things the way they have set the bar pretty high.  Had to 11 game to get to that level.  Good luck on that.
The only time they did run it..It succeeded and we were on the brink of scoring once again...Nutt has screwed possibly his own self by benching Mustain because he felt the need to *pull the trigger*...He has been making the same bonehead decisions for 8 years...That being the reason why we haven't turned out 1 descent QB under him, and the 2 we did (1-WR for the Jags, his RIGHTFUL position..2-Backup for the Vikings, he developed more at Alabama State)..

Gus is NOT in full control of the offense, yes he has had his hand in it, but he is DEFINITELY not calling the plays..Gus was hired to get the passing offense going and find new ways to get the ball in the hands of his playmakers.. Let's go back to the USC game, where we DID run the HUNH, with McFadden,Jones, Monk on the field subbing in every other play..We absolutely killed Pete Carroll's defense, and if you think his 2nd and 3rd teamers can't play for anyone else..take a look at how much they lost last year..

Malzahn's offense is a philosophy that you have to be 100% committed to-
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/columns/story?columnist=davie&id=2457483&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3ddavie%26id%3d2457483

No-huddle offense
Rodriguez's offensive package, which he has run for 15 years, starts with the plays being called at the line of scrimmage. The no-huddle offense allows teams to control the tempo of the game, dictating to the defense whether the ball is snapped quickly or the entire 25-second clock is used.

West Virginia utilizes three different tempos and that, as well as play calls and audibles, are controlled at the line of scrimmage by the coaches.

Tarkus you are right, it did take a year or two for him to get his system installed, but I'm telling you now..The players were ready to run the offense, they are D-1..not high school, it shouldn't take them that long to learn the offense...I was able to watch them run it successfully in practice and once in a game...Yes, we are in a better position than last year, but if you put it in perspective, we're still in the same place..No passing game to attribute to our powerful running attack...I have said all along that Houston blew our chances to be where Florida was today, other coaches around college football know that, we had our chance and now its another *next year* line.

I give a lot of credit to Markuson, seeing that I didn't think he could teach our O-Line to pass block..We were way up in sacks not allowed, yet we put our BEST passer on the bench? Everyone on the team threw a pass except for Mitch against Florida, but you put him in on a QB draw?

Notice how Nutt has abandoned the things that were succeeding this season- HUNH vs USC, Wildcat vs Florida, Mitch vs SEC, there's a pattern..I knew the book would have some effect, but I didn't think it would have THAT much effect on his coaching decisions, seeing that Mustain was 7/8-0 as a starter..We were winning games, starting to get noticed, then we go back to Casey(who isn't a bad QB at all, just not an adequate starter in the SEC) and our passing attack is exposed and we're right back to ground one.

We complain about not having any receivers...was there ever a QB there to get them use to catching the ball? The practices I did watch, the receivers weren't use to catching balls from Mitch because of the strength and accuracy he put on the ball..Casey has a very strong arm and can be very accurate at times, but we don't have a coach that knows how to bring up QB's.

How many mistakes must then man make before he is right back on the hotseat, regarding his handling of players. There have been some things being discussed on the Hill, and I hope our administration is looking towards the FUTURE of our program and NOT at (1) 10-win season, which would've been 9 minus the extra game.

Take a look around college football and the NFL..and how many coaches are making changes on potential rather than experience? How many teams do you see a coach benching a starter that was 8-0? We knew Mitch had obvious potential when he showed flashes in the games he played, but we also knew he was a freshman that would take some bumps and bruises in the SEC..You think the crowd went wild everytime he got on the field to play NUTTBALL? Did we sell out against UTAH STATE to run Nutt's offense?! Potential vs Experience...Who wins out?

Let's remember...Gus was hired to be the Offensive Coordinator
These practices leading up to the Bowl game will determine the future of our program..It's either Nuttball for as long as we can have it or a offense that EVERY team in America wants to keep OFF the field.

mack

Quote from: President Ivan on December 11, 2006, 09:15:45 pm
Quote from: ganglion on December 11, 2006, 09:12:48 pmNutt ain't holding it against him.

BS.

Quote from the book leaked the week of the South Carolina game.  After one pick, an 7-0 starter is yanked for a kid who is a .500 starter.

Connect the dots.

That isn't the sole reason, given that Nutt has yanked him around from Day One, but it contributed.

I may not agree, but it could be true.  I guess that would be human nature.  Self-preservation is human nature as well.  I don't think he would play CD over MM[after the one HORRIBLE throw at SC] if CD was not showing better in practice.  You hate Nutt, I don't like Nutt.  I just don't think this season presents a case to run him out.

humbleme

Did they really have a meeting with Broyles behind Houston's back while he was at a funeral?  Tell me it is not true?  Or is this another thing blown out of proportion?

Infamous

Lord, people say that they blow the Owens coverage out of proportion.

It's nothing compared to Mustain.

RHS

QuoteI just happen to not be a kool-aid drinker.  I am more of a realistic.

Too few of us left. Almost everyone has expectations that are out of reach.

Justin, MM got yanked because he was playing pee porr and you know it. I'm happy as heck he got yanked or I would have had 800 miles to drive home and be hacked about it. He wasn't making the throws, made bad reads, and was starting to throw a lot more picks.

6aaafan

Quote from: Tarkus on December 12, 2006, 08:05:03 am
6aaafan - no offense, but you are showing that you really don't know that much about Malzahn. I won't say that one or two man routes never happened at Springdale, but it was very rare. Gus knew how to take advantage of defensive weaknesses. There were times when they ran the ball most of the time. There were times when they mixed it up. And, there were times when they ran a 5 receiver set for the entire 1st half. He may not have been as good at taking advantage of those weaknesses this year, but lets not forget that he is coaching at the D1 level now. I believe he will learn, adjust and get better just as the freshmen will. Things didn't change overnight at Shiloh or at Springdale when Gus came in. It took a year or two for it to come together at both schools. It will be the same here too - if Nutt will allow it.

Malzahn also doesn't keep running plays that aren't working - that's Nutt. If you really think Malzahn has been calling all of the plays, you need to think again.

Your right I don't know much about Gus I am from Central Arkansas, so i have only seen them play once in last years state championship. What I was saying was strictly info that I have read from other posters.

hogwild31

Mitch and his mommy remind me of a kid that used to live beside me. He'd get in an arguement, get called stupid and his mommy would run out there to defend him.

Footballer

Quote from: InfamousHound on December 12, 2006, 02:38:22 pm
Lord, people say that they blow the Owens coverage out of proportion.

It's nothing compared to Mustain.

Agreed.

The Snowman

"Rick Cleveland said his son and Damian Williams want to play in a offense where they'll catch 60 passes per season. Our boys are used to catching 60 passes a year."

I don't know what planet these people are from, but they really have a sense of entitlement.  You're FRESHMEN!!!!!!!!  Since when does a school surround their entire offensive philosphy around FRESHMEN.  This is a slap in the face to all of those upperclassmen that have worked hard and waited their turn to shine.  They want to catch 60 passes a season, are you kidding me.  These parents should be ashamed of themselves for not showing their kids better mental toughness.  This basically says anytime things don't go your way let mommy and daddy handle it.

T-Wacker

Quote from: The Snowman on December 13, 2006, 08:01:28 am
"Rick Cleveland said his son and Damian Williams want to play in a offense where they'll catch 60 passes per season. Our boys are used to catching 60 passes a year."

I don't know what planet these people are from, but they really have a sense of entitlement.  You're FRESHMEN!!!!!!!!  Since when does a school surround their entire offensive philosphy around FRESHMEN.  This is a slap in the face to all of those upperclassmen that have worked hard and waited their turn to shine.  They want to catch 60 passes a season, are you kidding me.  These parents should be ashamed of themselves for not showing their kids better mental toughness.  This basically says anytime things don't go your way let mommy and daddy handle it.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe they were told this to get them to sign?

footballfan-tastic

Evidently there is an article in the paper today, and it is all over the radio this morning.  Anyone have more on this lunacy?

The Snowman

Quote from: T-Wacker on December 13, 2006, 08:11:27 am

Nope I don't think anyone told them they would catch 60 passes a piece in their FRESHMAN year.  I guess they thought we were going to get rid of Monk.  I wonder if Urban told them they were going to catch 60.

R. A.ā„¢

Quote from: T-Wacker on December 13, 2006, 08:11:27 am

Has it ever occurred to you that every coach does or says what ever it takes, short of breaking the rules, to get a player to sign.

footballfan-tastic

Recruiting promises are part of the landscape.  I would doubt that a specific number was quoted.  Lets look at this, 60 and 60 is 120 so 5 balls a game, catches mind you.   They drop enough to make that be 10-15 throws to each.  I guess we don't want the heisman runner up to touch the ball.  How silly can you be, not to mention parents going up to settle issues for college athletes, and people want to know what is wrong in athletics today?   It is worse in high school.  Everyone knows more than the coach.   Can you spell  spoiled?   Do you know what a high opinion of ones-self looks like.  I think I have said all along getting the Springdale kids and Malzahn was not such a great idea because of potential problems.  Don't get me wrong, they are talented but they are freshmen and still have a lot of work to do before they are that good.

mack

OMG,  I thought stuff like that only happened with pee wee football teams.  Tommy Smith was talking about it on the radio this morning.  The parents just showed up at Broyle's office.  I guess they thought Frank would march down to Houston and tell him to stop handing the ball to his first team All-American so much.  I hope the S'dale boys stay, but they have a lot to learn.  First thing to learn is that they are not bigger than the team.  Sadly, they won't learn that lesson from their parents.

R. A.ā„¢

HDN cut the Springdale babies loose. We have Darren McFadden, who gives us no lip and whose family is not in JFB's office complaining about how the offense didn't help him win the Heisman.

If they want to leave let them, but don't let the families ag it on, or they ( the players)will be ran out of town by fellow students, and a reputation of a cry baby or a family of cry babies will follow them where ever they go, and that could hurt them.

It is almost as if since all the hype from last year has died out, that the Springdale boys (our their families) need more attention, they don't want the ones that deserve it(Darren McFadden) to get all the attention.

Cut them loose, we don't need freshmen dictating what we do on the Hill!

footballfan-tastic

I thnk the situation is ridiculous but, I wouldn't say run them off.  I wouldn't make a big deal out of keeping them either.  If they want to go, let them, their reputation is smudged.  If they want to stay, fine.  Maybe someone ougth to sit them down and explain, committment, responsibility, loyalty, character. 

mack

Quote from: exorcist on December 13, 2006, 08:49:34 am
I thnk the situation is ridiculous but, I wouldn't say run them off.  I wouldn't make a big deal out of keeping them either.  If they want to go, let them, their reputation is smudged.  If they want to stay, fine.  Maybe someone ougth to sit them down and explain, committment, responsibility, loyalty, character. 

It might not be the kids so much as the parents.  Maybe the parents need to be told about those things.

buffinator

Quote from: Attorney "G"neral on December 13, 2006, 08:23:41 am
How about we keep all of the rumors on Hogville.

When something big, and true, breaks, then let me know about it.

i think the story of the meeting itself is big enough.  read front page of the demo-zette sports this morning.  Think about this:  2 freshmen want to be in an offense where they get 60 catches.  We already have Marcus Monk, and we also throw to Peyton Hillis out of the backfield.  Monk doesn't get 60 catches a year.  Why should anybody come in expecting that kind or passing?  Especially when we had the top 2 running backs and top fullback in the SEC?  Doesn't make a bit of sense.

FooseballGuru

Quote from: Ramblin' Man on December 13, 2006, 08:12:02 am
Link/Source?

It's legit. There was a HUGE article in todays DemZette. IT was pretty wild some of the stuff Mr. Cleveland was saying.

mack

Quote from: buffinator on December 13, 2006, 09:04:17 am

i think the story of the meeting itself is big enough.  read front page of the demo-zette sports this morning.  Think about this:  2 freshmen want to be in an offense where they get 60 catches.  We already have Marcus Monk, and we also throw to Peyton Hillis out of the backfield.  Monk doesn't get 60 catches a year.  Why should anybody come in expecting that kind or passing?  Especially when we had the top 2 running backs and top fullback in the SEC?  Doesn't make a bit of sense.

Good points!  And, do we have a QB on campus who would be capable[at this time] of completing 60 passes to even one receiver?

rebelpride

Good points!  And, do we have a QB on campus who would be capable[at this time] of completing 60 passes to even one receiver?
DMAC

footballfan-tastic

QB, yes we have one, his name is Casey Dick.  IF we threw more on 1st and 2nd down instead of waiting until 3rd adn long.   When is play action effective, not on 3rd and long.  I know we have great RB;s and I would give em the ball too, but I would try to be a little more pass happy, say 20'ish to 25 a game.   That would still allow lots of touches for Mc. and jones, and some of those passes would be to them as well.   As for 60 a game to the freshmen, when they stop dropping passes maybe they will get more chances.  I would say the y are spoiled adn so is mommy and daddy.

footballfan-tastic

Oh no doubt about that.  Is this what elitist means?   Do they really believe the team should revolve around the Springdale kids.  Hey this is not high school football and that is obvious from their performances this year.  There is real competition on the field.

jbell96

Quote from: R. A.™ on December 13, 2006, 08:47:02 am
HDN cut the Springdale babies loose. We have Darren McFadden, who gives us no lip and whose family is not in JFB's office complaining about how the offense didn't help him win the Heisman.

If they want to leave let them, but don't let the families ag it on, or they ( the players)will be ran out of town by fellow students, and a reputation of a cry baby or a family of cry babies will follow them where ever they go, and that could hurt them.

It is almost as if since all the hype from last year has died out, that the Springdale boys (our their families) need more attention, they don't want the ones that deserve it(Darren McFadden) to get all the attention.

When did we get such an influx of Huggers?

humbleme

Poor form on the parents part.  Very poor leadership.  Chain of command is important throughout your life!  I've coached for many years and never has even my kids parents came to me and told me how to run the team.  This is DIV I football, WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!  How can they do this right before a bowl game and right when the program should be flying high.  I would sit them all during the bowl game and let them have a chance to consider transferring or getting ON the TEAM!  We would not miss them and have capable back ups.  Cedric Washington would fill Damian's shoes nicely.  MM doesn't play, and we would miss Ben a little.  It seems last week Damian and Ben said in the paper it was the hardest decision they made to tell FLA. that they are switching committments to AR.  BUT they did not regret it and would do it again!  What are these parents Thinking?

SandLizard04

Quote from: exorcist on December 13, 2006, 09:23:56 am
QB, yes we have one, his name is Casey Dick. 
You realize he is 13 of 39 the past two weeks right?

footballfan-tastic

yes and how many of those attempts were 3rd and long, or dropped?  I would be willing to bet the drops would get him very close to 50%, just the ones by Williams and Cleveland would do that.   Now add in the 3rd and longs?  The passing game needs work, and that is for sure.  I cannot see MM doing any better?   Remember HDN wants to win games, he isn't playing CD because he thinks he will lose.

footballfan-tastic

Character eventually comes through, and it is beginning to show.

7AFball

Williams and Cleveland are gone. MM might stay to see if he can beat out Dick BUT that does not change the fact that Williams/Cleveland will not get the touches they want and the passing game will be average at best for the next 2 years. If MM wins the QB battle, do not expect more passes than this past year, especially with the running back AR has. BUT, a big BUT, when McFadden goes PRO next year, how will that change the offensive play calling in 2008?

footballfan-tastic

Arkansas is recruiting other great RB's and haveing a Heisman candidate will only help that to become reality.  Strive for more balance sure, but don't sacrifice the run game we have.  If those babies cannot be a role player, let them go elsewhere.  I'll bet this, they will have problems wherever they go, this mess will follow them.

HA_Fan

In case you're curious, only one player has ever caught 60 passes in a season at Arkansas.  J.J. Meadors had 62 in 1995.  There have only been 6 to catch 50 or more.

The record for completions by a quarterback is 180 by Barry Lunney Jr. in 1995.  If Mustain or Dick tied that record and those two caught 60 each, that would leave 60 balls for Monk, Cleveland, the other receivers and backs combined.

If they ever believed that would happen in year one, they need to have their heads examined.

humbleme

A game can turn on any play!  Look at the Fish issue, cost us a game.  Now look at that drop Damian had when we were driving, could have cost us the game.  Casey can do well,  MM could probably do better in the future if he stops his whining.

footballfan-tastic

MM and the springdale crew need to grow up, college football requires some maturity they evidently do not have yet.  For that matter, neither do their parents. 

Every parent I know would like their child to do better, have more opportunity and so on.  Only the really immature ones or the ones with very high opinions of themselves and their babies go to the coach or AD to complain about such things.  By the Way, there are alot of parents who are that way these days it seems.

Tarkus

Thank you. At least someone here is keeping a level head and not jumping on the rumor wagon.

I've been looking for this story online for the past 30 minutes or so. Can't find anything about it except at the Democrat-Gazette website. I can't see it because I'm not about to subscribe to that rag. IMO the Demzette is not one of the more reliable news sources in the area. Until I see some sort of credible confirmation on what's happened here, I'm not going to jump on that wagon either.

You people keep this up and this place will become as bad as Hogville.

not ray

Quote from: exorcist on December 13, 2006, 10:23:08 am
MM and the springdale crew need to grow up, college football requires some maturity they evidently do not have yet.  For that matter, neither do their parents. 

Every parent I know would like their child to do better, have more opportunity and so on.  Only the really immature ones or the ones with very high opinions of themselves and their babies go to the coach or AD to complain about such things.  By the Way, there are alot of parents who are that way these days it seems.

I think the parents are these kids need to grow up as much as anyone.  How could people not see this.  They were paraded around the country all summer like a Barnum and Bailey Circus.  This whole thing was bound to blow up from the start.  How idiotic are people to actually think some magic wand was going to be waved and Arkansas would look like Springdale running through Northside?  This is what happens when high school kids and a high school program (for at least one year) try to be bigger than what they really were.  They went from just being a high school football team to being a spectacle.  Nothing but a hype machine to move to the next level and leave the ruins behind.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: FF Chief of Staff of the Air Force JBELL on December 13, 2006, 09:27:24 am
Quote from: R. A.™ on December 13, 2006, 08:47:02 am

When did we get such an influx of Huggers?
Why is it that everytime someone doesn't agree with you they have to be called huggers? You must be hanging around Hogville too much. It is obvious that Mitch isn't as good as he was made out to be, or at least as of right now he isn't. Just because this guy thinks the Springdale players are spoiled doesn't mean he is a hugger.

I don't want the players to leave, but they don't need to be so selfish. Houston takes more heat than anyone for some of the stuff he says and is expected to handle the stuff said about him. When one little thing is said about Mustain everyone cries. Why should he not be expected to take the heat? Some of the stuff he said was disrespectful towards his head coach. It may have been said last year, but was still stupid to say.

zebradynasty

December 13, 2006, 11:00:09 am #99 Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 11:09:35 am by zebradynasty
I think the meeting was the worst thing that has happen in Arkansas football in years! First, Frank should have never met with them! He is a AD he doesn't make or shouldn't make player personell decision. Second, it was the most insulting thing for the other 100 or so players on the team! As great as these Springdale kidsTHINK they are not one them would have played more if they had signed with any of the schools wanting them. Even if you meet with the AD WHY THE heck would you report the meeting to the state media! For no other reason than to embarrass Nutt and the Arkansas program they talk to the media in an effort to force Nutt's hand! To do this before a bowl game is so self serving it's just unimaginable!The only player's parent that should have been up on the hill wanting answers was RoJo's. Why was their son made to look like a fool and used as a scapegoat to promote the interest of the Springdale kids! Other than that those parents need to keep their asss out of Broyles office! If they think their kids are too important to wait their turn then Christmas Break is around the corner and they can enroll somewhere else by January! This whole thing pee's me off who the heck do they think they are!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas