• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emerson-Bay Play-By-Play and Chatter

Started by WPWells, March 12, 2015, 05:09:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Jamon

BasketballNeverStops

End of 3rd
Bay-64
Emerson-39
Watson with 33.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on March 12, 2015, 08:05:37 pm
End of 3rd
Bay-64
Emerson-39
Watson with 33.

That last lay up that Watson made was filthy.....to the poster that said refs are awful..Your team is 17-50+ from the field...and other team is shooting 50% from the field including 10 made 3's...Refs don't cause games like this...

BasketballNeverStops

Bay-71
Emerson-42
Watson with 38. Making it look effortless.
Timeout Emerson

bdubyab60

Donnie Jamon

BasketballNeverStops

Media Timeout
Bay-73
Emerson-47
Watson 40

Donnie Jamon

Ha really?  I know he is a year older but dang

HorseFeathers

Donnie Jamon

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 12, 2015, 08:20:26 pm
Bay will be good the next 3 years

Pritchett is a junior, I think lane is a sophomore...1A could be really exciting the next couple of years....County Line is moving up a loaded freshman class, Kirby has a pair of freshman guards that should be really good...Bay...and the usual suspects will still be there...

Donnie Jamon

Final yet?  I have a min or 2 left lol

HorseFeathers

Donnie Jamon

Prichett is soph. He started last year as 9th grader. Crain a jr.

HorseFeathers

Pritchett was listed as a Junior on the state tournament program...

bdubyab60

I think last year Bay played 4 freshmen on the senior team. Could be wrong.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 12, 2015, 08:26:12 pm
I think last year Bay played 4 freshmen on the senior team. Could be wrong.

8  Sophmores listed on their roster, so it's a possibility...

BasketballNeverStops

Final
Bay-83
Emerson-56
MVP Colton Watson finished with 40. Congrats to Coach Brannen and Bay on their 3rd state championship in 5 years.

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 12, 2015, 08:29:01 pm
Hmm. You are right. Jr

Ha...I went out to my car to get the program to check that one..

Donnie Jamon

Chip Lanes boy will be tough in a couple years.

RedWolf275

It won't matter what they have back they won't be nearly as good without Watson. Of course, we don't know who they will have next year lol.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 12, 2015, 08:31:09 pm
Chip Lanes boy will be tough in a couple years.

I was wondering how closely related they were...

Donnie Jamon

Bay prob still would have been there. Lane, prichett, Prince and Crain can all score it. They just didn't have to lol

Donnie Jamon

Yeah Chip got the Principal job at Bay like 5 years ago. Bic wanted him back for there supert job but hired back the Taylor's. Chip was gonna bring Brannon with him to

RedWolf275

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 12, 2015, 08:33:05 pm
Bay prob still would have been there. Lane, prichett, Prince and Crain can all score it. They just didn't have to lol

That's why these opinion boards are great. To me, Watson makes the others look better than they really are by drawing all the attention. They will miss a guy who would get 35-50 in every big game they played.

Catfish

Bay won by 30 and Watson had 40 and was named MVP. Wow is all I can say.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 12, 2015, 08:38:00 pm
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 12, 2015, 08:33:05 pm

That's why these opinion boards are great. To me, Watson makes the others look better than they really are by drawing all the attention. They will miss a guy who would get 35-50 in every big game they played.

And they would have still won in a very very down 1A this year....

Donnie Jamon

They had 4 starters back from last year and were pretty good.  Added Lane and Watson this year. Lane played as a freshman to.

RedWolf275

Layne played last year. He wasn't added.

Donnie Jamon

How good is Bailey Zimmerman.  I she is a Hog but is she the real deal?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 12, 2015, 08:51:43 pm
How good is Bailey Zimmerman.  I she is a Hog but is she the real deal?

Wrong thread

Donnie Jamon

Talking about starters. I mentioned he played as a fresh

WhatsUrRingSize

Pirate1992

Emerson. Will be back they have 4 starters coming back, took a no blow but hey it's how u get back up. They will be ready next year & be more physical.  Free throws & post play has to get better to contend

smalltowngirl

Donnie Jamon

bdubyab60

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 12, 2015, 08:31:21 pm
It won't matter what they have back they won't be nearly as good without Watson. Of course, we don't know who they will have next year lol.
Bay would have still contended for a title without him. They were good last year without him. He took a lot of shots which takes away from the others

Backboard Shattered

I think we all see how important the sophomore is!  He was on the jr team last year they don't win a game in region.  He MOVES up they win state title.  If he stays at Bay better watch out next 2 years. 

hillbillyball

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 13, 2015, 06:22:46 am
Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 12, 2015, 08:31:21 pm
Bay would have still contended for a title without him. They were good last year without him. He took a lot of shots which takes away from the others

No way Bay wins it without Watson, may not get past Nevada for sure doesn't beat Kirby. Wonder if they'll have a girls job open now ;D

RedWolf275

A big +1 on the not winning it without Watson.

Backboard Shattered

Is Pritchett kid from Bay or did he move there?  Bay proved last year what they were without Sophomore Watson.  No wins in regional.  On all of Bay's state champ teams haven't they had move ins on every one of those wonder how they would do with just Bay kids?  Prob never know lol

BoxNOne

Not sure about Pritchett. The three championship teams have all had move ins on them. But you have to admit they make the most out of the move ins.

Backboard Shattered

True lol they do get good ones!  Crain was a move if I'm correct?  Bay with Bay kids would have most years end like last year!  I could've coached this team to a title and I'm stupid

jk

Coach Hutchcraft is having a good laugh this morning, wondering why more coaches didn't learn from him. Recruit and championships will follow

Backboard Shattered

JK I know I've watched him do it for years.  He was the first big one I knew.  I think he won a couple with all Guy kids at least.  You gotta do what you gotta do.  Just glad my school has a state title with no stars by it

D6Bound

I see Bay good next year but nothing like they are this year. Watson makes them 20-40 points better every game and unless they recruit another college freshman they will be as beatable as any other team in 1A. But congratulations to the Yellow Jackets this season

Batman44

Congratulations to Bay, and to Watson. He was worth the price of admission. Best to him, and Bay, in the future.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: D6Bound on March 13, 2015, 10:51:55 am
I see Bay good next year but nothing like they are this year. Watson makes them 20-40 points better every game and unless they recruit another college freshman they will be as beatable as any other team in 1A. But congratulations to the Yellow Jackets this season
:) :) :) :) never count Bay out. Today is the first day of next season at Bay.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas