• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baywatch

Started by pootnscoot, September 08, 2014, 11:18:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pootnscoot

A friendly thread where Bay fans can hang out and discuss the 2014-15 season. Go Jackets.. 

D6Bound

Lol finally someone made this thread! Now Bay can talk about themselves to eachother without worrying about all the haters ;)

Moonshiner

In all seriousness, I hope I get a chance to watch them play this year. I'm sure they will be entertaining and very good.

Shady

Can I post on here or am I disqualified?

Silky Johnson

Moonshiner the Norfork Classic will be a good chance to watch. It will be their first game but it is during the week so I could understand not being able to make it.

pootnscoot

Quote from: Shady on September 08, 2014, 02:26:36 pm
Can I post on here or am I disqualified?

Absolutely. We welcome all. Blunted stingers only in Baywatch.

Shady

bball101

Yeah. Where is Pamela Anderson?

pootnscoot

No red bikinis or blondes. Just purple and gold basketball fanatics  supporting the Jackets in their pursuit of another championship.

HorseFeathers

basketball fans in purple and gold bikinis? This could get disgusting rather quickly. . .

D6Bound

I think I'm gonna bring my purple and gold speedo  8)

NEA Razorback olfan

Oops sorry , I must be in the wrong place , I thought this was a basketball forum ???

PuddlePirate12

Do you think Bay could beat Junction City?

NEA Razorback olfan

I haven't seen Junction City , but Bay is pretty stacked, their center prolly around 6'3-6'4 , good athletes and ball handlers, I haven't seen them with Colton Watson , but he is a scorer , better guard him when he steps in the gym.

Shady

PuddlePirate12

JC has a 6'9" boy committed to arkansas to play football but he's had basketball scholarship offers to la tech I hear. and a 6'6" boy with a 40 something inch vertical. All their other players seemed to be 6 foot and up. Or near it. Very very very athletic. They'll be tough to beat in 2a. Should've done better last year. Emerson lost to them by like 3 in dual state last year. Revels had like 38 or 40 points. Junction returns all their starters. They'll be scary good

Shady

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on September 08, 2014, 10:01:01 pm
I haven't seen Junction City , but Bay is pretty stacked, their center prolly around 6'3-6'4 , good athletes and ball handlers, I haven't seen them with Colton Watson , but he is a scorer , better guard him when he steps in the gym.
That's a very good summary of Bay's team.

PuddlePirate12

I've only seen Bay play once and that was when they got beat by sacred hearts at SAU several years ago

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on September 08, 2014, 10:17:10 pm
I've only seen Bay play once and that was when they got beat by sacred hearts at SAU several years ago

I'll say this , better not underestimate Bay, they may not look like much when they hit the floor , but neither did 4A State Champs Brookland Bearcats who got laughed at when they hit the floor with their tallest player 6'3 vs Teams with 6'7- 6'6 players and D1 talent.

PuddlePirate12

Trust me nobody is underestimating them. But there's a considerable difference between 4a and 1a talent. Sure the players are good at every level but there's more good players to choose from at higher classifications. Even in 1a there's a big difference. I've heard that bay graduates as many as 60 kids a year. If this true then they have 4x the kids to choose from compared to Emerson whos senior class has 15 kids this year and only 3 are boys..  But I believe junction City could play with many of the 6a and 7a schools. I know they could beat Conway. But I don't know where Conway stands in 7a

Silky Johnson

September 09, 2014, 12:00:28 am #20 Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:04:11 am by Silky Johnson
Maybe Junction city is different this year but I've seen years where they are athletic but aren't fundamentally sound. Saw them against Parker's Chapel last year and they rely on speed and athleticism the whole game. A smart team could play with them. Bay does have 7 guys that can score and there's 3 that can light it up every night. Colton Watson, Tyler Pritchett, and Taylor Layne can all score from anywhere on the floor. If Emerson last year could play with them than I think bay this year could compete. 
Also Emerson only graduates 15?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on September 09, 2014, 12:00:28 am
Maybe Junction city is different this year but I've seen years where they are athletic but aren't fundamentally sound. Saw them against Parker's Chapel last year and they rely on speed and athleticism the whole game. A smart team could play with them. Bay does have 7 guys that can score and there's 3 that can light it up every night. Colton Watson, Tyler Pritchett, and Taylor Layne can all score from anywhere on the floor. If Emerson last year could play with them than I think bay this year could compete. 
Also Emerson only graduates 15?

I was gonna call Bull on the only graduating 15 part...but going by last years numbers(This years aren't available yet) Emerson only had 16 in this senior class..

PuddlePirate12

Last year Emerson graduated 31.. Close to their biggest class ever.. 15 is close to the smallest as well. They're usually all around 21-27

BoxNOne

I would take JC in that matchup due to size and athleticism but would not be shocked if Bay beat them. Bay is loaded with playmakers.

Silky Johnson

I doubt it happens due to travel but I remember Bay wasn't picked to beat that scary good, undefeated 2011 Stephens team and they were at one time up by 20 on them. These are different players but they still have the same coach. He can coach really athletic teams and coach against them just as good.

razorbackhog

I know we are talking Bay boys, but what a shame that they don't have enough 9-12th graders to even field a Sr High girls team this year.  How can you have one dominant program and then not enough to even have one on the other side? 

Can any of those players that want to play transfer to a school to play since they don't have the sport this year?  Is there part of Title IX that they could use to go play elsewhere?

J.D.

Quote from: razorbackhog on September 09, 2014, 09:34:10 am
I know we are talking Bay boys, but what a shame that they don't have enough 9-12th graders to even field a Sr High girls team this year.  How can you have one dominant program and then not enough to even have one on the other side? 

Can any of those players that want to play transfer to a school to play since they don't have the sport this year?  Is there part of Title IX that they could use to go play elsewhere?

Wait, what?  They don't have a Sr.Girls program this year?

SHS Baller

I am confused , are you talking about BAY or TC not having a girls team?

pootnscoot

A question for the Bay Nation. Tried on my JACKET NATION  BEEN THERE DONE THAT GOT THE SHIRT shirt. The shirt is  blue and gold. What is up with that?  I look like a Notre Dame fan.

Moonshiner

Quote from: SHS Baller on September 09, 2014, 11:05:03 am

I am confused , are you talking about BAY or TC not having a girls team?

I read that to mean Bay didn't field a girls team.

razorbackhog

Bay does not have a SR High girls team this year!!  Not enough to play, disbanded last Friday!!! 

Shady

Quote from: pootnscoot on September 09, 2014, 11:14:07 am
A question for the Bay Nation. Tried on my JACKET NATION  BEEN THERE DONE THAT GOT THE SHIRT shirt. The shirt is  blue and gold. What is up with that?  I look like a Notre Dame fan.
Don't worry you will fit right in, Notre Dame...Bay they're one in the same!

Shady

September 09, 2014, 12:17:48 pm #32 Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:24:51 pm by Shady
Quote from: razorbackhog on September 09, 2014, 12:08:57 pm
Bay does not have a SR High girls team this year!!  Not enough to play, disbanded last Friday!!!
Where's ole RD when u need him, I'm sure he could offer some insight! Guess coach Watson will be promoted to asst. boys coach?

PuddlePirate12

Bay has a "great" girls coach whose brother just happens to be the best player in the state and came to bay... But they don't have a girls team..? Hmm seems like  people would want to play for such a great coach who was so qualified for the position

razorbackhog

I know that as of today, those teams on their schedule to play have not been contacted to let them know there isn't a team for SR Girls yet.  I would think that they will also lose some games for their JR High because it will be hard to get anyone outside of their conference to just come play JR High.  It will more than likely affect JR High as well.

Hogfan167

Do they not have any 9th graders to move up?

razorbackhog

They have only 2 9th graders they moved them up and only had 5 total in 9-12 that played basketball.  One of the 10-12th graders quit late last week and the coach moved the two 9th graders back down to Jr. High so that only left 2 SR. High players that wanted to play.  That doesn't bode well for their program at all because like I said earlier, it will be difficult for them to get non conference opponents to play them once they find out that there is no SR High, sure hope the coach calls those non conference teams to let them know.

BoxNOne

I could definitely see them losing some jr high games wit non conference teams. Coaches who pick up sr high games aren't going to want to just play one game with them.

Silky Johnson

Many of the games were 4 game nights. The jr girls will still get to play a good schedule for a jr. High team.

pootnscoot

Is Katy Ferguson still at Bay? If so, I feel bad for her. I believe she was All State last year.

razorbackhog

Yes Katie is still there. a JR I believe. They might have had some 4 game night with class A teams or in their conference but probably with AA teams and up it would probably have been a 7th, JR and SR games. Those teams more than likely won't play just 7th and JR.

I go back and ask my original question can those players legally go play elsewhere since there isn't enough to field a team if they desire to go play?

Moonshiner

Quote from: razorbackhog on September 09, 2014, 02:09:36 pm
Yes Katie is still there. a JR I believe. They might have had some 4 game night with class A teams or in their conference but probably with AA teams and up it would probably have been a 7th, JR and SR games. Those teams more than likely won't play just 7th and JR.

I go back and ask my original question can those players legally go play elsewhere since there isn't enough to field a team if they desire to go play?

I'm not sure if they could qualify for a hardship transfer or not.  I would assume they are stuck at Bay without an option to play.  Well, they have now the legal right to go out for the boys team, as per Title IX.  AAA might have another tough decision here.  I feel sorry for the 2 that want to play. Especially if one was an all stater. The smaller Class A schools often have this problem with girls.  But Bay is a larger Class A school. 

Hogfan167

I don't see how they could have a team with five players anyway. Foul trouble, illness and injuries are bound to take a toll on a five girl roster.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland , 3A school at the time went through the same situation around 8-10 years ago in girls. A couple of 1 or 2 win seasons then the following year we only had a Jr girls team. It Happens.

razorbackhog

It happens, yes but very hard and difficult on the few that want to play especially if you have an all state player.  Glad it isn't her senior year apparently. 

What about neither their conference opponents or their non conference opponents not knowing anything as of yesterday afternoon that they don't have a SR team

pootnscoot

I'll get the chance to see Junction City at the Dual State tournament in December. Should get a look at Emerson as well.  In my opinion  JC,  would have to do more than run and press to beat Bay.  Bay would break the press easily and with Pritchett, Lane or Watson shooting uncontested depending on the defensive rotation, I like Bay's chances.

Moonshiner

Quote from: razorbackhog on September 10, 2014, 09:11:02 am
It happens, yes but very hard and difficult on the few that want to play especially if you have an all state player.  Glad it isn't her senior year apparently. 

What about neither their conference opponents or their non conference opponents not knowing anything as of yesterday afternoon that they don't have a SR team

I'm sure the folks at Bay put off making that tough decision as long as possible. Possibly hoping that somehow things would change. Theoretically they can still have a season even if they started back up at Christmas.  I wouldn't forfeit unless I was 100% sure there was no chance things would change.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Moonshiner on September 09, 2014, 06:14:59 pm
Quote from: razorbackhog on September 09, 2014, 02:09:36 pm

I'm not sure if they could qualify for a hardship transfer or not.  I would assume they are stuck at Bay without an option to play.  Well, they have now the legal right to go out for the boys team, as per Title IX.  AAA might have another tough decision here.  I feel sorry for the 2 that want to play. Especially if one was an all stater. The smaller Class A schools often have this problem with girls.  But Bay is a larger Class A school.

If they need a place to play, I'm sure Brookland girls would love to have them.

razorbackhog

I still go back and ask my 2 questions, is there a AAA rule they can go play eleswhere or keep them from going to play somewhere else?  AND, have they called the teams that are on their schedule to let them know that they are not having a senior team this year?

SHS Baller

you can have a team with 5 players. I have seen a few teams start with 5 and end the gam with 4.

Quote from: Hogfan167 on September 10, 2014, 08:29:50 am
I don't see how they could have a team with five players anyway. Foul trouble, illness and injuries are bound to take a toll on a five girl roster.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas