• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville is Back

Started by pioneer_fella, October 22, 2018, 08:35:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneer_fella

After two big wins, bville has control of their own destiny to finish as a 2 or 3 seed after a horrendous start. Thoughts?

Maynard G Krebs

The Reggie Jackson of high school football..plays best in October😀

Youngsta71701

That's what Batesville does. Get better as the season goes along. Much respect for their program and their continuity.

walkingguy72396

Getting 5 turnovers helped turn things around.

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 22, 2018, 09:24:11 am
Getting 5 turnovers helped turn things around.

yes, but early on Batesville was the one making those turnovers. Im not saying this team will make it to little rock, or maybe even past the first round, but just 3 weeks ago it looked doubtful this team would reach the playoffs. Now, it seems likely and even a home playoff game is possible. Batesville has been playing 6 sophomores on defense and several more seeing action of offense. This team could have shut it down but Kudos to the kids and Coaches for keeping the train on the tracks.

JacketFan

Batesville is definitely back, and it is literally a toss up on seeding the playoff bracket.  Wynne, Batesville, and Forrest City need to be on there A game the next few weeks, and it should make for some exciting games to watch on Friday nights.  What Batesville does is not surprising to me, they do it year after year, and it is made possible by a program that is enriched in tradition, and a community of kids that buy into a coach, and stand behind him 100 percent.  King is masterful at researching and planning the week leading up to a game, he always has been.  It usually takes till October for everything to hit on all cylinders, but never fail, it always happens.  Much respect to that program, and teams that want to build a successful program should go to Batesville and take notes.  Good luck to all teams the next few weeks, play hard, play fair, and leave it all on the field.  Go Jackets

JessieP

I heard King on the radio saying this Senior class has about the best attitude of any he's had. They may be the smallest group but they never got down. That leadership has helped the numerous underclassmen grow up. Even I had my doubts but no more, They took Blytheville apart. Even if Blytheville's "World's Greatest Athlete Ever" had played on the d-line that wouldn't explain the Pioneers shutting down the Chickasaw offense. 

JacketFan

Quote from: JessieP on October 22, 2018, 10:55:21 am
I heard King on the radio saying this Senior class has about the best attitude of any he's had. They may be the smallest group but they never got down. That leadership has helped the numerous underclassmen grow up. Even I had my doubts but no more, They took Blytheville apart. Even if Blytheville's "World's Greatest Athlete Ever" had played on the d-line that wouldn't explain the Pioneers shutting down the Chickasaw offense.
I am a firm believer, no matter how young the team is, if they are disciplined and show mental toughness through all 3 phases of the team, it will be hard to beat them, and Batesville has it for sure.  They will be a tough team for the next few years.

MDXPHD

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Two great games but a lot more work to do. Much improved from week 0 and will only get better each week.

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 22, 2018, 11:02:51 am
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Two great games but a lot more work to do. Much improved from week 0 and will only get better each week.

I agree. Passing teams like PA and LRCA still scare me to death, but the improvement has been in every facet of the game. When it comes to the playoffs it's really not a cliche, all bet are off. There is always a chance a NC State or Villanova shows up. I was reading about Texarkana, they entered the playoffs with a losing record awhile back. They were like the last team in, they caught fire and made it to WMS where they barely lost. Last year we lose to LRM by 4 because we went for two 2 point conversions. Had we kicked a standard Batesville PAT we would have been down by 2. When time ran out we were on the 15 yard line trying for a last second touchdown. Had we done our usual (PAT) we kick a gimme 27 yard FG and win. As we all know LRM had PA dead to rights in the Championship. My point is, you never know.

JacketFan

Congrats to Batesville and Valley View on making it to the 4A State Volleyball final to be played Saturday to see who wins it all.  Good job ladies.

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: JacketFan on October 25, 2018, 06:21:47 pm
Congrats to Batesville and Valley View on making it to the 4A State Volleyball final to be played Saturday to see who wins it all.  Good job ladies.
The lady Jackets had a nice Cinderella run as well. Upset Harrison and nearly took down PA.

NEASPORTSFAN

Back to football, Batesville will be cheering for Wynne tomorrow night. A yellowjacket win plus the Pioneers winning the last two over GCT and Valley View would give batesville the 2 seed.

Yellowcake

5A is better when Batesville is playing well. I am as happy as anyone they have a great shot at a good seed. I always root for the Pioneers other than when they play PA.

PA v Wynne in volleyball was a nail biter.

JacketFan

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 25, 2018, 10:31:14 pm
5A is better when Batesville is playing well. I am as happy as anyone they have a great shot at a good seed. I always root for the Pioneers other than when they play PA.

PA v Wynne in volleyball was a nail biter.
Yes it was, I sure thought Wynne had them beat, but PA pulled it out.  congrats to Wynne on a respectable run.

incogneto

Glad they are coming on and playing better.  That says a lot about that staff. 

Hogman2018

Quote from: incogneto on October 26, 2018, 03:44:31 pm
Glad they are coming on and playing better.  That says a lot about that staff.
Its called the 5A  East ! Thats the reason you are playing better. The East usually only has two good teams that is any good!! Gotta give yall credit Batesville and Wynne are always pretty good though!!

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 26, 2018, 05:10:07 pm
Its called the 5A  East ! Thats the reason you are playing better. The East usually only has two good teams that is any good!! Gotta give yall credit Batesville and Wynne are always pretty good though!!
That is 5A football across the board every year. Only 1 or 2 good teams per conference

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas