• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Changes/New Coaches Thread

Started by JohnBarleycorn, November 21, 2009, 04:35:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBarleycorn

LR Central - TBA
Nettleton - Jay Murphee
Woodlawn - TBA

Feel free to add to thread as you hear of coaching changes.

loyal fan

gatecrasher

I heard Parkview's coach (name escaped me) is a candidate for the Central job. Is that true?

The state of Arkansas needs Central to reclaim its place as an elite school. I for one would like to see our rivalry with them renewed....

dh28

hardiman, i think thats it . i also heard a another coach from the lr area , and one from the east .

JohnBarleycorn

William Hardiman.  I haven't heard any names pop up for the Central job.  He's done a great job at Parkview, and already being in the district is a big advantage.

I didn't put Hope up there because I didn't know if it was official or not.  Didn't Mineral Springs promote an assistant after Segrest left?

parpar

You've got to remember - LR Central is in a union district and also operating under a federal court desegregation order.  They will not be able to put together a "package" like other schools have been able to.  The candidate will get paid scale, as shown on www.lrsd.org and that's it.  That will discourage lot's of candidates.  Certainly, among the current LRSD coaches, Hardiman is the best thing going right now.

JohnBarleycorn

Mike Love

Sheridan will be looking for a new coach. Some of the names being mentioned as "going to be talked to" are
Clay Totty-Rison
Billy Elmore-Arkadelphia
Tim Harper-Searcy
There is a steadily growing contingent within the community that wants to bring in a name coach, to rebuild a once proud football power.

COACH-Mike

Mineral Springs will post job on Monday 11/30/2009.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE

Quote from: Mike Love on November 24, 2009, 01:21:11 pm
Sheridan will be looking for a new coach. Some of the names being mentioned as "going to be talked to" are
Clay Totty-Rison
Billy Elmore-Arkadelphia
Tim Harper-Searcy
There is a steadily growing contingent within the community that wants to bring in a name coach, to rebuild a once proud football power.

Those are some quality coaches right there. I really can't see Elmore or Totty going to Sheridan, though. Just out of curiosity, when was Sheridan a football power?

gatecrasher

True Believer

November 24, 2009, 08:30:04 pm #11 Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 08:40:23 pm by True Believer
I don't remember us being a powerhouse but under Charlie Whitworth we did pretty good back in the 60's and 70's.  Now don't ask me our record because that was WAY too long ago...lol.

Here's a link about Coach Whitworth being inducted into the Arkansas Coaches Hall of Fame.  He was our Jr. High principal and every morning I remember him walking down the halls whistling "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden".    We may not have been a "power house" but we had a great coach.

http://shsclassof65.com/news.php

And no.   I did not graduate in '65.   :|

JohnBarleycorn

Tim Harper won't leave Searcy.  He is a preacher at a church in Searcy.  Leaving Des Arc got him closer to his congregation.

Mike Love

Sheridan was a perenial powerhouse in the 70's, in those days only 1 team made the play-offs, the conference champion. It was not watered down like it is now, taking the top 6 in each conference. We lost 4 games my 3 years in school, tied 1, and never went to the play-offs. Only team to beat us, save for 1 year, was eventual conference and state champion.

LionCatfan

Quote from: Mike Love on November 24, 2009, 11:00:24 pm
Sheridan was a perennial powerhouse in the 70's, in those days only 1 team made the playoffs, the conference champion. It was not watered down like it is now, taking the top 6 in each conference. We lost 4 games my 3 years in school, tied 1, and never went to the playoffs. Only team to beat us, save for 1 year, was eventual conference and state champion.

Look Out MIKE....your dating yourself. LOL
That was when Searcy was in the same conference with Sheridan along with Bryant, White Hall, HS Lakeside, & maybe Altheimer if you can believe that. Back then Searcy & Sheridan both won a lot of football games. Times sure change....looks like Harper has Searcy starting to climb back up the hill...hope Sheridan will follow.

LCfan 

Buck Stops Here

Any more news on Patton leaving Fayetteville?

olemissjacket99

Quote from: Buck Stops Here on November 29, 2009, 01:07:49 pm<br />Any more news on Patton leaving Fayetteville?<br />

really??  why would he leave and where?

Uncle Ivan

I wouldn't figure Totty would leave Rison.  I read somewhere a few years ago that he's finally gotten familiar with the roads there, and his eye problems make it difficult for him to drive.

gatecrasher

fhc

jeb

Any names getting tossed around to replace Glover at Woodlawn?

COACH-Mike

Quote from: fhc on November 30, 2009, 07:04:54 pm<br />Is mineral springs open or not?<br />

Wide open.  Should be posted on teacherteacher.com.

Get you application in.

fhc

wawa111

hawgrule

Mike Love

Sheridan may have a new coach as early as tomorrow night, after the school board meeting, certainly before the end of the week. I think everyone will be surprised. Go Jackets!!!

COACH-Mike

Quote from: Mike Love on December 13, 2009, 06:53:16 pm<br />Sheridan may have a new coach as early as tomorrow night, after the school board meeting, certainly before the end of the week. I think everyone will be surprised. Go Jackets!!!<br />

Gary Segrest?

42 trap works too

Quote from: COACH-Mike on December 14, 2009, 08:15:53 pm
Quote from: Mike Love on December 13, 2009, 06:53:16 pm<br />Sheridan may have a new coach as early as tomorrow night, after the school board meeting, certainly before the end of the week. I think everyone will be surprised. Go Jackets!!!<br />

Gary Segrest?

Who?  ? ? ? ? ?

HorseFeathers

muleshoe_forever

I think I read in the Democrat where Register had made the move from Catholic to Central.  Am I remembering this correctly?

gatecrasher

JohnBarleycorn

December 26, 2009, 09:22:08 pm #31 Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 11:12:50 am by JohnBarleycorn
Update.  Please add to, or change, if not listed or incorrect...

LR Central - Scooter Register
Nettleton - Jay Murphee
Woodlawn - TBA
Catholic - TBA
Mineral Springs - Vince Perrin
Sheridan - TBA
Hope - TBA
Morrilton - TBA
Nashville - TBA

hillbilly

COACH-Mike

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on December 26, 2009, 09:22:08 pm<br />Update.  Please add to, or change, if not listed or incorrect...<br /><br />LR Central - Scooter Register<br />Nettleton - Jay Murphee<br />Woodlawn - TBA<br />Catholic - TBA<br />Mineral Springs - TBA<br />Sheridan - TBA<br />Hope - TBA<br />Morrilton - TBA<br />Nashville - TBA<br /><br />

Mineral-   Vince Perrin

outlaw39

Quote from: hillbilly on January 05, 2010, 12:20:01 pm<br />Nashville hired Perry didn't they?<br />

Yep. Nashville hired Tim Perry. His first day on the job was today.

JohnBarleycorn

January 18, 2010, 03:39:12 pm #35 Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:28:40 pm by JohnBarleycorn

Nettleton - Jay Murphee
Woodlawn - TBA
Catholic - David Estes
Sheridan - Louis Campbell
Hope - Jay Turley
Morrilton - TBA
Nashville - Tim Perry
Bauxite - Shane Clancy
Greenland - TBA
Springdale - TBA
HS Lakeside - TBA

I bleed Mountie blue.

I thought Larkin was taking over again at Greenland?

5.0forty

what happened to Springdale's coach ? 

JohnBarleycorn

January 21, 2010, 08:09:32 pm #38 Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:17:21 am by JohnBarleycorn
Quote from: I bleed Mountie blue. on January 21, 2010, 03:38:34 pm
I thought Larkin was taking over again at Greenland?

Is it official?  If so, I'll put it up.

Springdale will know tomorrow by noon.

JohnBarleycorn

January 22, 2010, 06:08:17 am #39 Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:22:22 am by JohnBarleycorn

Nettleton - Jay Murphee
Woodlawn - TBA
Catholic - David Estes
Hope - Jay Turley
Morrilton - TBA
Nashville - Tim Perry
Bauxite - Shane Clancy
Greenland - Lee Larkan
Springdale - Shane Patrick
HS Lakeside - TBA
Mountain Home - TBA

2fe

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on January 22, 2010, 06:08:17 am

Nettleton - Jay Murphee
Woodlawn - TBA
Catholic - David Estes
Hope - Jay Turley
Morrilton - TBA
Nashville - Tim Perry
Bauxite - Shane Clancy
Greenland - Lee Larkan
HS Lakeside - TBA
Mountain Home - TBA

Where did Tracy Sutton go?

hillbilly

Yes, Farmington to be an assistant football coach.

JrJet2012

Who are the front-runners at woodlawn?

fhc

JohnBarleycorn

February 23, 2010, 06:21:34 am #45 Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 07:30:13 pm by JohnBarleycorn
Updated 2/25  Please add to, or change, if not listed or incorrect...

Nettleton - Jay Murphee
Woodlawn - TBA
Catholic - David Estes
Hope - Jay Turley
Morrilton - Coach McNabb
Nashville - Tim Perry
Bauxite - Shane Clancy
Greenland - Lee Larkan
HS Lakeside - TBA
Mountain Home - TBA
Berryville - TBA
Camden-Harmony Grove - TBA
Blytheville - TBA
Smackover - TBA
Benton - Scott Neathery

oldpantherfan

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on February 23, 2010, 06:21:34 am
Updated 2/25  Please add to, or change, if not listed or incorrect...

Nettleton - Jay Murphee
Woodlawn - TBA
Catholic - David Estes
Hope - Jay Turley
Morrilton - Coach McNabb
Nashville - Tim Perry
Bauxite - Shane Clancy
Greenland - Lee Larkan
HS Lakeside - TBA
Mountain Home - TBA
Berryville - TBA
Camden-Harmony Grove - TBA
Blytheville - TBA
Smackover - TBA
Benton - Scott Neathery
Has this been announced??

gatecrasher

Lakeside hired Fayetteville OC Jared McBride as their head coach last week....

lp guy

Has there been any names mentioned for the head football coach at Berryville as of yet?

gatecrasher

Add Hot Springs to the list....Bill Timmons is out  after 6 years....he's taking an administrative position with the district.

The Sentinel-Record said he resigned.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas