• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hermitage?

Started by Arkfballfan81, May 28, 2009, 10:37:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkfballfan81

Anybody know what is going on over there exactly?  I thought they had filled their basketball position last week, I look on the AAA site and it shows the job is still open.  So what's going on there?

Juco soldier

Hermitage hired Chris Hawkins as the new AD/HFC last week.  They are looking for a basketball coach who can also be a football coach now.  As far as I know, the only position they have filled is the AD/HFC position.

No Name

Quote from: Juco soldier on May 29, 2009, 12:27:26 pm
Hermitage hired Chris Hawkins as the new AD/HFC last week.  They are looking for a basketball coach who can also be a football coach now.  As far as I know, the only position they have filled is the AD/HFC position.

What a joke!!!

With the talent they have in basketball, they need to hire someone who is just basketball, don't make the poor guy have to suffer through football season then have his season coming up.  They will never have a GOOD basketball coach if they are going to put them in football, because no one any good will want to come there under those circumstances.

Arkfballfan81

Who is Chris Hawkins and where was he at before?  Sounds like a lot of issues at Hermitage, makes me feel terrible for the kids over there.  And you guys are right about the basketball talent, it is definately there but a matter of getting them to come out and play. 

Bondfan4ever

Coach Hawkins has had several coaching stops around the state.  He was a one time coach at Glen Rose, was an assistant coach at LR Christian, Beebe, and Mountain View.  He was very popular at all the schools he was at.  He was heavily involved w/ FCA and is someone that the kids can look up to.  He's a neat guy to sit down and talk with.

mustang12

July 05, 2009, 04:36:04 pm #5 Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:56:44 pm by mustang12
Where is hermitage even at?

dlapcalteach

Herimitage is on Hwy 15, northeast of El Dorado

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas