• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Positions that are open(Football)

Started by Fife1, January 30, 2009, 03:43:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fife1

January 30, 2009, 03:43:43 pm Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:12:49 am by QF©
Dewitt has 2 positions open on their football staff. One may be a coordinator and the other an assistant. Would like to find one social studies and one math if possible.

philgoodallday

Anyone know of positions opening up in NEA?

Made

Heber Springs, Head Jr High, Assistant Sr high football
Bismark Head Football Coach
Lonoke, still looking from what I have heard
Mena, Head Football AD, can also bring 2 assistants
Brookland, assistant jr high football coach, head baseball

Will add more as I hear them.

soccer fan

Do you know how one could apply for the Heber Springs opening

Made

http://hssd.k12.ar.us/index.php/accountability/personnel/53-employment-application

http://ahsaa.org/board.asp

Go to the drop down menu and this is what you see

Jr. Head Football / Sr. Asst.
Social Studies
Email or Fax resume 501-887-9053
sjanski@hssd.k12.ar.us
Submitted by: Steve Janski
Posted: 2/13/2009

At the top is a link to the application on their district website.

tryin to make a name

Where can I find the info about the Dewitt openings?

Made

http://dewittschooldistrict.net/Employment/jobopenings.html

This is from there website, says no openings, but was last updated in 08.

Also nothing on AAA website, or the AAEA website.

whoozit

Dewitt does have a couple of football coaches that have left, Jr. high coach resigned during season, (for health reasons yet he took the head coaching position at Marvell the day after he resigned)  Sr. high coach/Baseball coach resigned last week.  (health reasons also, really bad timing) Coach Mark Dardenne resigned as head coach of boys basketball. After 30 some odd years coaching he decided to retire. We'll miss him because he cares about the young men he coaches. Can't say that about the other two. We'll pick up and move on. Looks like Dewitt will be hiring 3 to 5 coaches this year. Advertising too start soon but some contacts have already been made.

Made

Saw Corning had an assistant jr high football position, with Drivers Ed and other classroom duties.

Made

Bismark Head football
Foreman Head football/AD
White County Central-Girls Basketball, Softball, Track 7-12
White County Central-Boys Basketball, Baseball, Track 7-12
Wickes??? guessing it is a private school-Basketball Track 7-12
Kennet, Missouri-Head Football coach
Stillwell, Oklahoma-Head Football
Benton-Assistant Football, head soccer>not sure how that will work considering they are both fall sports.

oldpantherfan

Quote from: Made on February 27, 2009, 11:23:32 am
Bismark Head football
Foreman Head football/AD
White County Central-Girls Basketball, Softball, Track 7-12
White County Central-Boys Basketball, Baseball, Track 7-12
Kennet, Missouri-Head Football coach
Stillwell, Oklahoma-Head Football
Benton-Assistant Football, head soccer>not sure how that will work considering they are both fall sports.

At Benton, soccer is going on right now.  Any word on the asst. job at Benton? 

Big Fro

The head boys soccer coach is also an assistant football coach at Benton so they must have worked out some system.

Made

Quote from: Big Fro on February 27, 2009, 11:52:54 am
The head boys soccer coach is also an assistant football coach at Benton so they must have worked out some system.

Sounds like a situation of double dipping to make the head soccer position more appealing.  "hey we will pay you for assistant football, and you only have to show up to games."

oldpantherfan

Quote from: Made on February 27, 2009, 12:04:31 pm
That is not the case in Benton.  If I am correct, the HC in soccer was coaching football in Benton before being placed as soccer coach. They have to fill coaching roles in the secondary sports.  I know when Neathery was an asst. he coached soccer.  He had to learn the sport from the ground up.  I think at the time they had volunteer assistants that knew the game.  With soccer being a spring sport and football in the fall, they can coach both and be very involved in both.

Sounds like a situation of double dipping to make the head soccer position more appealing.  "hey we will pay you for assistant football, and you only have to show up to games."

transplant

Quote from: Made on February 27, 2009, 11:23:32 am

Wickes is located between DeQueen and Mena, it is the name of a town and the home of the Wickes Warriors, it is a public school. 

Iknewthemwhen

NOt many positions open this year so far. 

Made

Quote from: oldpantherfan on February 27, 2009, 12:39:44 pm
Quote from: Made on February 27, 2009, 12:04:31 pm
That is not the case in Benton.  If I am correct, the HC in soccer was coaching football in Benton before being placed as soccer coach. They have to fill coaching roles in the secondary sports.  I know when Neathery was an asst. he coached soccer.  He had to learn the sport from the ground up.  I think at the time they had volunteer assistants that knew the game.  With soccer being a spring sport and football in the fall, they can coach both and be very involved in both.

You can tell how much I know, I was under the influence that Soccer like volleyball, and golf had been moved to a fall sport.

Made

Jasper High School-Head Girls Basketball

fatjack

Wow! Basketball jobs open already. Not wasting any time. What about some of the football jobs that have been open? Are they all filled now?

Made

Quote from: fatjack on March 03, 2009, 12:44:52 pm
Wow! Basketball jobs open already. Not wasting any time. What about some of the football jobs that have been open? Are they all filled now?

I posted a list that was made up of the AAA site and the AAEA site.  I am going through and updating every couple of days.

bsampley

Made

Quote from: bsampley on March 04, 2009, 09:40:32 pm
Jasper Girls /???????

I know its not the football we all have come to love, but it was a job that someone who is graduating may look into

Hoghead

I'll take the Dewitt job for 20 K a year and a free trailor stocked with Colt 45. It's a good deal Dewitt folks, dont pass me up. Bismark has been calling me everyday. They're willing to throw in a Condo on the Lake in Hot Springs.

transplant

Try the Drew Central job instead...it's closer to your current operation.

Hoghead

Quote from: transplant on March 15, 2009, 09:06:04 pm
Try the Drew Central job instead...it's closer to your current operation.

Did the Monticello thing for a year, now Van Pascal is taking all the credit.
Drew Central can't afford me plus I dont want to set foot in Drew County ever again. They still owe me money and tore down my statue in front of the Stadium!

whoozit

Hoghead what about a trailer on the river with a colt and 20K?

Ignatius J. Reilly

There are 2 positions at Lonoke with social studies and math certification.  I also saw one at Carlisle.  Not sure the cert on that one.

outlaw39

There are a couple of assistant football jobs open in Dierks.

Arkfballfan81

Quote from: outlaw39 on May 04, 2009, 10:49:15 pm
There are a couple of assistant football jobs open in Dierks.

It is my understanding (easily be wrong)that the only coaches on the current staff that are staying on at Dierks are Coach Bennett and Coach Tipton (assistant football only).  I heard Coach Kevin Owens who taught Biology at Dierks last year was offered the girls' basketball job and he has accepted it.  (again, could be wrong) I have heard Coach Walston (Baseball coach & Assistant football)and Coach Hall (Boys' Basketball coach & Assistant football) are both moving on elsewhere.  I heard Coach Feemster took the Wickes Boys' Basketball job. (I still could be wrong)And I am unsure of Coach Lites will be coaching softball again next year as he did this year.  (I personally hope that he does.)  So this would leave the following positions open at Dierks; Head Baseball/Assistant Football and Head Boys' Basketball/Assistant Football.  I know for a fact one of the coaching positions will have to have a certification in Science.  OR, Dierks has a few coaches who just teach right now.  They could ask Coach Martin to coach the boys' basketball and just need to hire a baseball coach/science teacher.  Dierks is one of those schools where the coaches stop coaching but stay on to teach, so there is at least a coach down one hall at all times.  That's pretty much all I've heard.  (Could be wrong about everything in this post!)

GSC#1

There doesn't seem to be as many football jobs open this year?  Or is that just me

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Football Maniac on May 05, 2009, 06:59:14 am
There doesn't seem to be as many football jobs open this year?  Or is that just me
I was thinking the same thing

HORNET FAN

May 06, 2009, 11:35:20 am #31 Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:29:35 am by HORNET FAN

Iknewthemwhen

Think people are afraid to move in a bad economy?

Made

Don't think it is the coaches scared to move, think it is more administrations holding their toungues atm.  The schools can't afford to pay coaches to leave and don't want law suits on their hands where they would have to dish out money.  Even with the economy, teachers and coaches will still get payed, one of the perks of being in that particular business, a rif may happen but they will always land on their feet somewhere with a comparable salary.  The school system is one of the things that won't go out of business.

Ignatius J. Reilly

This has been a very slow spring, so far, for football openings.  I have a feeling a bunch will open up in June.

R. A.™

Quote from: Ignatius J. Reilly on May 11, 2009, 05:12:20 pm
This has been a very slow spring, so far, for football openings.  I have a feeling a bunch will open up in June.

Contracts are out,

Is the opening at Beebe the Head 7th grade football or the Assistant?

arthurhawgerelli

With the economy the way it is, my feeling is that not many people will be changing jobs.  RIF policies target the newest hires.

Ignatius J. Reilly

Quote from: R. A.™ on May 14, 2009, 01:43:41 pm

Contracts are out,

Is the opening at Beebe the Head 7th grade football or the Assistant?

I have heard it's the head 7th grade position.

The Gazette today had a posting at White Hall for a secondary PE Position and an Asst. Coach.  The ad did not specify what sport.

Bondfan4ever

Reilly, you are correct, Beebe is looking for a 7th grade Head Football Coach.  Anyone who is interested that is certified should contact Coach John Shannon at Beebe High School.  I believe they are looking for someone to in addition, teach Health or P.E.  PM me and I will give contact information.

3AFollower

Lincoln is looking for a Head Volleyball Coach and an Assistant Football Coach

Moss18

MikeDiesel™

Is Paragould looking for a new head coach?

OldEagle82

MikeDiesel™

I thought I had heard Coach Martin? had accepted an administration position/assistant coach position at Gosnell

Missco

Carter from Paragould is the new asst. at Gosnell. That was what was in the Blytheville paper earlier this week.

R. A.™

Lake Hamilton has a JR Football Assistant and baseball assistant job opened

Ignatius J. Reilly

New positions up on AAA website...

Vilonia - Football w/ Social Studies
Trinity Catholic Jr. High - Head Coach
Marion - Varsity Assistant w/ Social Studies
Beebe - Jr High Assistant and 7th Grade Assistant.  Both with track and Social Studies
Berryville - Assistant Varsity w/ PE
Barton - Assistant Varsity

toejammer

Oak Grove High School

Asst. Football- Science

Had a coach hired but he left last week

4.1forty

have they hired for the marked tree job?  what about the lake hamilton assit jr fb and asst baseball?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas