• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Job Openings after this year(Basketball)

Started by replacementplaya, January 19, 2009, 12:06:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkansasKingpin

These are my choices for the Paragould job in no certain order...

Jay Robertson
Bill Taylor
Bobby Gross
Lee Wimberley

Captain_Caveman

Cave City 7th grade and Jr. Girls position open.  It will more than likely be a head sr. job after a year or two.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: ArkansasKingpin on March 16, 2009, 01:38:32 pm

Bill Taylor

Seriously?

ricepig

That he wants Taylor or that Taylor would be interested? The rumor in NEA is he wants to relocate back here, but Paragould?

Quite Frankly

I just don't understand the desire.  I have no doubt he'd bolt NWA for the right job back in NEA.  He's out of his comfort zone.

bdog32

Quote from: Captain_Caveman on March 16, 2009, 02:50:44 pm
Cave City 7th grade and Jr. Girls position open.  It will more than likely be a head sr. job after a year or two.
who are they looking at for this job?  heard lewis from viola was in on it''  any truth to this???

bdog32

Quote from: vball~chik on March 16, 2009, 09:35:46 am
Just heard from some of the players that Nash and Welch are gone and Harris could be gone not for sure on Harris but that is what we are hearing. But Nash and Welch will not coach next year. I think they get to stay at the school probably as teachers.....
would this be a good job? do the boys have any talent?  i thought they hired a new coach for jr high last year who was supposed o take over for nash when he decided he didnt want to coach??? 

ricepig

Agree, it's coming in hot and heavy he is looking at Manila
He put Sprindale in JHS tourney without Pruitt even knowing about it, until it was a done deal. Rumormongers said he was auditioning for the job. My sources are usually correct when JHS is involved, but....

OC

Manila is not official yet but think they will be looking soon.  Know of a few coaches that would love to get back to this part of the state to take a gander at that job. 

Taylor wants to get back to NEA because that is where basketball matters.  In Springdale basketball is an after thought. 

What is official?

Heber Springs
Clarksville
White Co. (both)
Marshall (both)
West Helena Central (haven't seen it listed anywhere, but he did retire)
Dewitt

TurkeyHunter

March 17, 2009, 02:58:14 am #59 Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 03:04:45 am by BLOCKMEIFUCAN
The Centerpoint boys job is open.

TribeFan32

Where is Coach Owens from Centerpoint going?  Did he find another job?

OC

Heber Springs
Clarksville
White Co. (both)
Marshall (both)
West Helena Central (haven't seen it listed anywhere, but he did retire)
Dewitt
Centerpoint
Paragould

ricepig

Quote from: philgoodallday on March 14, 2009, 09:37:32 pm
Talked to Matt.  Paragould is not open.  He said "I haven't even heard that, but I'm not going anywhere."

That seems pretty clear.

Most have had a quick change of heart, seriously, it has been out awhile that he was going to resign.

oldguy_21

I don't think you have all the facts but if you want to pretend you have all these inside sources for the sake of appearances...proceed.

If he was going to resign that would be his decision and I doubt he would put that out there for people to talk about.  That wouldn't make much sense.

ricepig

Quote from: oldguy_21 on March 17, 2009, 10:38:32 am
I don't think you have all the facts but if you want to pretend you have all these inside sources for the sake of appearances...proceed.

If he was going to resign that would be his decision and I doubt he would put that out there for people to talk about.  That wouldn't make much sense.

Didn't say I had all the inside sources on Paragould, just saying what I heard days ago, so he must have put it out to someone. Now if and when Pruitt puts his before the JPS board, I'll let you know.

FreeMoney

Who are the possibilities for the Clarksville opening? Tough situation up there I hear.

John M.

Quote from: QF© on March 16, 2009, 02:51:27 pm
Quote from: ArkansasKingpin on March 16, 2009, 01:38:32 pm

Bill Taylor

Seriously?

Yes, seriously! Although you obviously loathe coach Taylor, people who have watched his coaching over the years would LOVE to have this man lead their progam. I don't think he would take the Paragould job. It is basically where the Springdale job was when he started there....BOTTOM. Jonesboro on the other hand...........

bdog32

both coaches at marshall were re-assigned.  dont know the details.  any chance stewart is coming back?  heard they had contacted a few people about the job...

ArkansasKingpin

Just posting what I hear...

Taylor is going to Manila...

IT'S JUST A POST PEOPLE

Quite Frankly

Springdale to Manila?
That would imply quite a bit if it jumped off.

TurkeyHunter

Centerpoint reassigned coach owens last week. Stupid move if you ask you me and the rest of the boys that played for him.

ricepig

I'm 99% sure Pruitt is stayng at Jonesboro, lots of sad people at JHS. He's done a great job, but sometimes the game passes you by, Jboro could have used some new blood.

Rulesman

OK, I'll bite. He won a State Championship 2 years ago this month! How in heck can the "game pass you by" in the last 24 months? On top of that, he plays in what we all agree is the toughest conference in the state. How soon they forget...

TribeFan32

Why did Coach Owens get reassigned?   He was the regional runner=up  and went to the state tournament.  That sounds ridiculous to me.

TurkeyHunter

The word around town is there was a select group of parents who were upset because there sons were not getting enough playing time and they finally got the right people on the Centerpoint school board who would listen to them. I myself thought he was a great coach and really enjoyed playing for him and everybody I played with thought the same thing. It just goes to so you what a group of hacked off parents can do to you.

TribeFan32

that is terrible.   Did he get all of his coaching duties taken away from him?  What did he get reassigned to?

ricepig

Quote from: Rulesman on March 19, 2009, 09:23:40 am
OK, I'll bite. He won a State Championship 2 years ago this month! How in heck can the "game pass you by" in the last 24 months? On top of that, he plays in what we all agree is the toughest conference in the state. How soon they forget...

I know he won the tittle and when you've had the talent he has had you should have. How many practices and games have you been to lately, most observers would tell you that the same drive is not there. I have a lot of respect and admiration for the job he has done at JHS.
'

Rulesman

Quote from: ricepig on March 19, 2009, 10:53:47 am
Quote from: Rulesman on March 19, 2009, 09:23:40 am

I know he won the tittle and when you've had the talent he has had you should have. How many practices and games have you been to lately, most observers would tell you that the same drive is not there. I have a lot of respect and admiration for the job he has done at JHS.
'
For one thing the "talent" he had to work with this year wasn't the best. That will take the drive out of a lot of folks.

ricepig

I agree, after loosing a couple of players that he did a good job with what he had left.

John M.

Quote from: BLOCKMEIFUCAN on March 19, 2009, 10:08:20 am
The word around town is there was a select group of parents who were upset because there sons were not getting enough playing time and they finally got the right people on the Centerpoint school board who would listen to them. I myself thought he was a great coach and really enjoyed playing for him and everybody I played with thought the same thing. It just goes to so you what a group of hacked off parents can do to you.

Yeah, that and losing most of your games.

handyman

Quote from: replacementplaya on January 19, 2009, 12:06:50 pm
Anyone know of any job openings after this year?  A buddy of mine is a coach looking for a job.
CAC is not renewing our boys basketball coach. This man Coach Chris Parker, I would put up against anyone in the sport. Coach P can flat coach. There is no body going to out X and O him. His players give him all they have, its a sad day on Mustang Mountain. I don't understand the reasoning behind decisions like this. Our boys programmed has gotten better and better since he took over. His wife Brooke is a good softball coach as well.

hoopcoach

if that is true about coach parker, the folks at cac that make those decisions are losing a quality man and coach

HighHoofer

This is true.  It is very sad.  Administration will not discuss because it is a personnel issue.

Coach Parker is a quality man that has done a quality job in every sense of the word.  He has been a positive influence on his players and has established good relationships in the community to the benefit of his team and his school.

Why is this happening?  It seems as if parents of some athletes who played multiple sports objected to their boys being held to the same standards as those that play only basketball.  They felt their boys should not have to attend the offseason workouts, the camps, the team building functions and events.  Why?  Becasue they play other sports, primarily football.  They felt that other players should be cut so their boys could come in and play during January and February.  Can you ever imagine the opposite ever occuring?  A basketball player that also played football telling the football coach I am going to miss part of a season and all of the offseason work but I expect a spot on the roster and playing time to be held.  These young men did not like the discipline called for by Coach Parker and chose to rebel.  Did we lose some good players?  Heck yes we did!  However, we also had some dedicated young men that were loyal to each other, their coach and their school that provided an outstanding season for the boys basketball program.

The irony of all of this is the fact that coach Parker went above and beyond to help these multi sport athletes.  And what happened? The parents of those very boys stabbed him in the back by working so hard and for so long to get fired.

This is school/parent politics at its absolute very worst.  I am mad.  It is not right.  All is not well at Mustang Mountain.  Now that they got rid of Coach and Mrs. Coach Parker, I wonder who is next?  Will they now go after Coach Q? 

870balla

CAC will get a puppet in there and lose, like they deserve!

Quite Frankly

Great post High Hoofer.

That crap goes on in far too many places.

QPWFB

Are there any regulations on how much a basketball coach can practice his team other than the two week dead period in June? This problem could be helped by the establishment of a BBall practice slot,such as spring football. I don't count off season workouts such as lifting and conditioning,that helps all sports.It seems their should be plenty of time to make everyone happy here. Shame on the coaches and admin. for making kids have to choose between sports.

Rulesman

Quote from: QPWFB on March 24, 2009, 02:55:12 pm
Shame on the coaches and admin. for making kids have to choose between sports.
It is a vicious cycle. Coaches believe kids have to play a given sport year round to be successful. Keeping up with the Joneses. Why do you think AAU basketball became so popular? Ten years ago we didn't have spring football at the high school level. Now we not only have spring football, we also have summer passing camps. The coaches get to fight for the best athletes because they want to win. Draw a line in the sand, so to speak. Why? If they don't win, they get fired. Or reassigned. I know of a high school basketball coach who has a bonus clause in his contract for winning the state tournament. Crazy? You bet. But like I said, it is a vicious cycle. And it's today's world.

Quite Frankly

Many coaches for football find a way to keep their kids 11 months out of the year.  7 on 7 for some schools involves the entire summer. 

I know many people are proponents of 7-on-7, but it's existence was the reason the three week dead period was developed.  Though that rule is well intentioned, it kills many basketball, baseball and softball events that would make kids better players.

Football coaches just stay clear of those dates and make all their 'mandatory' stuff in that small window.

Plus, I also know of a high profile 7A basketball coach that works his kids every other week 4 times a day with supervised 'mandatory' practices.

OC

So is CAC open?  Don't know why anyone would want it after this but just wondering if it is official, trying to keep up with the list.

Clarksville
Heber Springs
Manila
Paragould
White County Central (Boys and Girls)
Greenbrier (Girls)
Centerpoint
Dewitt

Coach Jacobs, GCT

Quote from: OC on March 24, 2009, 06:05:32 pm
So is CAC open?  Don't know why anyone would want it after this but just wondering if it is official, trying to keep up with the list.

Clarksville
Heber Springs
Manila
Paragould
White County Central (Boys and Girls)
Greenbrier (Girls)
Centerpoint
Dewitt

Helena-West Helena Central Boys and Girls are open.

shortychs10

I've heard Forrest City girls is open or is going to be open. Any truth to that?

Coach Jacobs, GCT

Quote from: shortychs10 on March 24, 2009, 07:24:15 pm
I've heard Forrest City girls is open or is going to be open. Any truth to that?

I have also heard this, but it has yet to be made official on their website.

OC

Coach Jacobs what do you coach and teach at HWH?

bdog32

marshall wants someone to coach both senior high teams.  anyone have any experiences doing this? pros and cons?

Coach Jacobs, GCT

March 25, 2009, 10:34:43 am #94 Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 10:38:12 am by Coach Jacobs, HWH
Quote from: OC on March 24, 2009, 09:58:19 pm
Coach Jacobs what do you coach and teach at HWH?

I teach 7th grade health.  I coach basketball and attempt to coach football and track.  I'm the assistant senior high boys basketball coach, junior high football assistant, and an assistant junior high girls track coach. 

ricepig

Taylor interviewed at Manila Tuesday.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: ricepig on March 25, 2009, 08:55:42 pm
I heard the same.

How do you know?

Door Greeter

Quote from: Coach Jacobs, HWH on March 24, 2009, 07:25:53 pm
Quote from: shortychs10 on March 24, 2009, 07:24:15 pm

I have also heard this, but it has yet to be made official on their website.

What kind of talent will they have coming back and would this be a good job?

ricepig

Quote from: QF© on March 25, 2009, 08:59:31 pm
Quote from: ricepig on March 25, 2009, 08:55:42 pm
I heard the same.

How do you know?

I was told by a little birdie.

bdog32

who are some coaches that are looking to move

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas