• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Job Openings after this year(Basketball)

Started by replacementplaya, January 19, 2009, 12:06:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Forrest City H

The CAC boys coach did an awesome job - that is very shocking news.  Surely a good coach like that won't have any trouble landing at a good school that appreciates his hard work and talent for coaching. 

TribeFan32

Are there any jobs open that could be a good opportunity for a young coach that has been an assistant but not a head coach?

ricepig

For what it's worth, I was told by a JHS official that Pruitt is going to resign. I know I've been all over on this, but I'm just telling what I hear from trusted administrators.

Also there is probably a 50/50 that Jonesboro will looking for a new girls coach, Coach Daniel has put his name in for AD and is a good candidate for the job.

mightymustangs1

March 28, 2009, 02:24:33 pm #103 Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 02:27:45 pm by mightymustangs1
The CAC administration has made a terrible decision there is no reason to fire coach Parker he has done a great job on Mustang Mountain and has brough our program to a different level... the excuse they gave him was that they wanted the basketball program to go in a different direction and the only way CAC can go with as much talent that they have is down....  :'(

some concerned CAC parents have set this blog thing up with a letter so everyone who supports coach Chris Parker go sign this http://supportcoachparker.blogspot.com/

ilikebasketball

cac girls coach has interviewed for the greenbrier job.. they could lose two good coaches in one year. :o

OC

Manila
White Co. Central
White Co. Central Girls
Greenbrier Girls
Heber Springs
Clarksville
Dewitt
Shirley
West Helena Central
Paragould
Greenwood?  not official but good sources confirm this.
CAC?  why i don't know but seems to be true
Wickes

Door Greeter

Who did they hire for the Farmington girls job? Who are some names being mentioned for the Clarksville boys job?

OC

Manila
White Co. Central
White Co. Central Girls
Greenbrier Girls
Heber Springs
Clarksville
Dewitt
Shirley
West Helena Central
Paragould
Wickes
Jasper

Coach Jacobs, GCT

Quote from: OC on April 01, 2009, 09:21:22 am

Manila
White Co. Central
White Co. Central Girls
Greenbrier Girls
Heber Springs
Clarksville
Dewitt
Shirley
West Helena Central
Paragould
Wickes
Jasper

Greenwood is official.

http://170.211.244.70/AAEA/FMPro?-db=aaea%20jobs.fp5&-format=record%5fdetail.htm&-lay=entry%20form&-sortfield=district%20name&-op=eq&JOB%20TYPE=Teacher&-op=eq&JOB%20LIST=Tchr%20%2f%20High%20Sch%20(Grd%209%20-%2012)%20%2f%20Coach&-max=20&-recid=42254&-find=

b-ball fan

Is the Greenwood job boys or girls?

T-Wacker

b-ball fan

ok thanks. Coach Reaves is a great coach, and I am sure Greenwood would not want to lose him.

AlongForTheRide

What's the newest news on Greenbrier?  Carla Crowder, Steve Quattlebaum, Wiedower, who might it be?  What about Shirley Goodnight- isn't she from the Greenbrier area? 

hoops22

Laffoon got the Heber Springs boys job and Martin is getting the Greenwood boys job. I also heard that Manilla is getting ready to offer the coach at Dequeen. I can't remember his name. It was between him and Bill taylor and they have decided to go with the guy from Dequeen.

No Name

Quote from: hoops22 on April 03, 2009, 10:24:10 am
Laffoon got the Heber Springs boys job and Martin is getting the Greenwood boys job. I also heard that Manilla is getting ready to offer the coach at Dequeen. I can't remember his name. It was between him and Bill taylor and they have decided to go with the guy from Dequeen.

Tony Davis, he is from Tuckerman.

oldguy_21

That is really interesting if true.

OC

I believe davis played for bowlin at Delaplaine.  Not from Tuckerman.

coachmw

does anyone have any idea who white county central is interested in for boys and girls?  i havnt heard many details about these jobs

ArkansasKingpin

ONCE AGAIN JUST POSTING WHAT I'M TOLD

5:00 today Manila and Taylor will be OFFICAL...

Quite Frankly

Not attacking you, but on a Saturday would sort of unusual.

rheddhoss

I have heard that administrators are seeing more applicants for each job opening than ever before.   Are people just wanting to move or are there just that many coaches unemployed out there?

Quite Frankly

It now appears that as previously predicted, Springdale High School will have a Boys opening.

hoops22

Quote from: QF© on April 04, 2009, 09:02:34 pm
It now appears that as previously predicted, Springdale High School will have a Boys opening.
It will be open for about 24 hours because they already have his replacement in district if he wants it.

Quite Frankly

April 05, 2009, 10:31:54 am #123 Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 11:19:09 am by QF©
Quote from: hoops22 on April 05, 2009, 10:11:42 am
Quote from: QF© on April 04, 2009, 09:02:34 pm
It will be open for about 24 hours because they already have his replacement in district if he wants it.
Is it Stamps?  He's within the district and interviewed for it last time when Taylor got it. he certainly hasn't done anything to hurt his case since then. But I have no idea why anyone would want it other than the Springdale pay scale.

My other guess is the SHS assistant.   But Stamps would make sense off your teaser.

Still strikes me funny a purple blooded Fayetteville alum would take that job though.

arkpop

Because the kids coming up that will feed into SHS are great players.

Quite Frankly

I agree.  I've said several times that over the course of time SHS will be the more talented Springdale school for basketball.  HB only was when they had a true open door policy.

big_ups

Who is going to be the next CAC coach?  How about the Greenbrier Girls coach?  Any word on these?

OC

Taylor likes to be the show, his team the main event.  Springdale can win three state championships in a row in basketball and football will still be KING.  He is going back to where he will be the money maker for the school.

ricepig

Jonesboro lists Head Boys Coach on their website, doesn't say if it is Sr or Jr.High. Guess we will know after school board meeting Tuesday night.

John M.

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2009, 04:58:10 pm
Jonesboro lists Head Boys Coach on their website, doesn't say if it is Sr or Jr.High. Guess we will know after school board meeting Tuesday night.

Barry has retired.

ricepig

Yes, called a couple of people to verify that since the earlier post. Will they go after Bowlin and will he be interested?

John M.

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2009, 08:56:54 pm
Yes, called a couple of people to verify that since the earlier post. Will they go after Bowlin and will he be interested?

Yes and no.

ricepig

Quote from: John M. on April 13, 2009, 09:00:53 pm
Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2009, 08:56:54 pm

Yes and no.

Well..... I wouldn't bet the farm on it, he told Tech insiders that JHS is the only school he would be interested in leaving for. I was told this yesterday by a GCT board member, fwiw.

Coach Jacobs, GCT

Coach Bowlin is a great coach, but in my opinion the perfect fit for Jonesboro boys job is about an hour south of Jonesboro.

John M.

Quote from: Coach Jacobs, HWH on April 13, 2009, 09:21:16 pm
Coach Bowlin is a great coach, but in my opinion the perfect fit for Jonesboro boys job is about an hour south of Jonesboro.

I agree Coach Jacobs. Bobby Gross would fit nicely at JHS. I think Bowlin would be wise to stay put.

Ron Mexico

Let the games begin! This is the king of jobs in NEA, many will at least inquire.  I think JHS will contact, in no particular order: Bobby Gross, Mark McCord, Scott Bowlin, Jason Manchester and the current assistant, Harold Wilson.

John M.

Quote from: Ron Mexico on April 13, 2009, 10:28:30 pm
Let the games begin! This is the king of jobs in NEA, many will at least inquire.  I think JHS will contact, in no particular order: Bobby Gross, Mark McCord, Scott Bowlin, Jason Manchester and the current assistant, Harold Wilson.
Quote from: Ron Mexico on April 13, 2009, 10:28:30 pm

McCord has been an underachieiver, Manchester has been a decent coach at 4A Valley View, Wilson may get a courtesy interview. The real candidates are Bowlin and Gross. Personally I feel Gross is the better fit although Bowlin would have to be the frontrunner.

OC

Coach Jacobs, GCT

Quote from: OC on April 13, 2009, 10:36:37 pm
Bowlin, Gross, McCord

I would like to see Jonesboro take all three, just to get them out of the 5A East.  :)

Ron Mexico

McCord is far from an underachiever...Few run a better practice.

Bowlin has the best resume obviously.

Gross is the best motivator and would be a great fit.

Manchester is very similar to Gross and is a great offensive coach.

Couldn't go wrong with any of the 4.

John M.

Quote from: Ron Mexico on April 13, 2009, 11:30:22 pm
McCord is far from an underachiever...

Really. When has ever had a team that was better than expected? I have seen several teams that fell below expectations but few if any that were better than expected. I was high him too when he came to Nettleton but he has failed to deliver results.

shortychs10

The Carlisle girls job will be opening!

OC

What about D. Daniel? 

I think they couldn't go wrong with Gross or Bowlin.  I don't think Manchester would be that interested, Valley View is growing like crazy and school is in very good shape.  He does an excellent job.  McCord does a great job as well, very prepared.

Coach Jacobs, GCT

Quote from: OC on April 14, 2009, 11:19:34 am
What about D. Daniel? 

I think they couldn't go wrong with Gross or Bowlin.  I don't think Manchester would be that interested, Valley View is growing like crazy and school is in very good shape.  He does an excellent job.  McCord does a great job as well, very prepared.

You are right.  Jonesboro is in a good spot.  They can't go wrong with any of those guys.

ricepig

Quote from: OC on April 14, 2009, 11:19:34 am
What about D. Daniel? 

Most are expecting David to be named the new AD, he has been working at getting it. But, I could see him as the head boys coach.

herws

I think people are forgetting about a former NEA coach with a great resume and would be a great fit for that program and that is Wes Swift at Lonoke. His track record is as impressive, if not better as anybody named on this coaching search list.

ricepig

herws

Hughes, won a state title in 2001.

ilikebasketball

Quote from: shortychs10 on April 14, 2009, 07:49:11 am<br />The Carlisle girls job will be opening!<br />
where is he going? good time to get out though.

Missco

No doubt that of all the mentioned coaches Swift and Bowlin have had the most success. Swift would be a very good fit. I think nobody is thinking outside the box. Their will be a few heavy weight's from out of state apply. of all the mentioned above Swift would be my pick.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas