• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Job Openings after this year(Basketball)

Started by replacementplaya, January 19, 2009, 12:06:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

replacementplaya

January 19, 2009, 12:06:50 pm Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:12:08 am by QF©
Anyone know of any job openings after this year?  A buddy of mine is a coach looking for a job.

athletic supporter

What area of the state is your friend? Has he/she been a head coach before? Does he/she want to coach boys or girls? Is relocation a problem for your friend?

replacementplaya

he lives in northwest arkansas, coaches boys right now but is open to boys or girls.  Relocation is not a problem.
He has been coaching Jr. high for the last few years, has not coached high school before but would like to. 

OC

Magic Man Fan

Heard both boys and girls at White COunty Central

Quite Frankly

I'm pretty sure you'll see a change at the top for Bentonville boys.  That situation was rough prior to this season and has regressed the entire season in many respects.

footballman

Baitshop

Quote from: QF© on February 21, 2009, 12:51:25 pm
I'm pretty sure you'll see a change at the top for Bentonville boys.  That situation was rough prior to this season and has regressed the entire season in many respects.

How about the Springdale RedDog job??

Do you think that there will be an opening there??

Quite Frankly

You would feel that common sense would dictate a quality decision.

brock

Quote from: Magic Man Fan on February 21, 2009, 12:46:05 pm

What is going on there?  Why both jobs going to be open?

ilikebasketball

No Name

Quote from: brock on March 01, 2009, 03:46:50 pm
Quote from: Magic Man Fan on February 21, 2009, 12:46:05 pm

What is going on there?  Why both jobs going to be open?

Both retiring

fredthompson

what

ilikebasketball

OC

brock

Quote from: ilikebasketball on March 08, 2009, 12:18:47 am
yep. greenbrier girls.

Where is this posted? Sounds like more of a rumor than fact right now.

fredthompson

Greenbrier BOYS and girls isn't it? Jonesboro official??

hoopswatcher

Quote from: Coach Jacobs, HWH on March 08, 2009, 01:49:38 pm
Quote from: OC on March 08, 2009, 11:16:54 am
Quote from: what on March 07, 2009, 11:48:53 pm
Jonesboro boys
Heard in WM at tourney, Pruitt was retiring and Dickie Nutt was taking coaching job and AD job. Heard he was asked aabout but wouldnt deny or confirm.

Rumor??

Just rumor.

ArkansasKingpin

Not in the West but PARAGOULD BOYS

Coach Jacobs, GCT

Quote from: hoopswatcher on March 08, 2009, 02:31:04 pm
Jonesboro boys
Heard in WM at tourney, Pruitt was retiring and Dickie Nutt was taking coaching job and AD job. Heard he was asked aabout but wouldnt deny or confirm.

Rumor??

Just rumor.

There are a couple of other names and rumors floating around the Jonesboro basketball program, but until Coach Pruitt announces his retirement they are just that...rumors.  Obviously this is a big time high school job, so it will attract some really good coaches.

oldguy_21

Greenbrier girls is posted so it's official.

I think Paragould boys is a rumor at this point.

Everyone expects Pruitt to retire but who knows.  If he does that will have a domino effect and other jobs will come open as a result.

What about the situation at Central Coach Jacobs? Who is in line to take control there?

Coach Jacobs, GCT

Quote from: oldguy_21 on March 09, 2009, 12:14:17 pm
Greenbrier girls is posted so it's official.

I think Paragould boys is a rumor at this point.

Everyone expects Pruitt to retire but who knows.  If he does that will have a domino effect and other jobs will come open as a result.

What about the situation at Central Coach Jacobs? Who is in line to take control there?

Yes I saw that this morning.  The Greenbrier girls job is open, also the Kimmons Junior High boy's job in Fort Smith is open.  If i'm not mistaken they had a pretty good team this past season. 

As far as the Central High School job, I'm not really sure of who will be taking over.  I believe it will be advertised for awhile, and at this point I am not sure of who has applied. 

herws

Quote from: hoopswatcher on March 08, 2009, 02:31:04 pm
Jonesboro boys

Rumor??

Just rumor.

I was right beside Dickie talking to him and an administrator from WM when he was asked and he denied it. Now that might not mean anything but he did deny it.

Wolf4

What about Greenbrier BOYS? Little Rock Central BOYS? Are there any other jobs in the LR area going to be opening up?

pantherblue

I have heard nothing about the Greenbrier BOYS job opening up. As far as I know the coach will be there next year..

oldguy_21

I would think it highly unlikely that Jonesboro hires and ad that will coach anything.  I would expect them to hire an ad, then if Pruitt retires hire a basketball coach.  And, although I wouldn't be shocked if they hired Dickie, I don't think it would be a good move.

OldTimerTech

Where is coach Smith from greenbrier going to coach?

ilikebasketball

i have heard that the clear out of smith wasnt the only one going to happen in greenbrier. i have also heard that the hendrix womens job is open?

suprstr30

Quote from: Wolf4 on March 10, 2009, 10:29:21 am
What about Greenbrier BOYS? Little Rock Central BOYS? Are there any other jobs in the LR area going to be opening up?

its not LITTLE ROCK Central they are talking about.  I doubt Fitzpatrick is going anywhere soon.   They are talking about White Co. Central.

oldguy_21

We were talking about Helena-West Helena Central.

mustang43

Quote from: oldguy_21 on March 10, 2009, 11:17:55 am
I would think it highly unlikely that Jonesboro hires and ad that will coach anything.  I would expect them to hire an ad, then if Pruitt retires hire a basketball coach.  And, although I wouldn't be shocked if they hired Dickie, I don't think it would be a good move.
Looks like ole Dick Nutt is heading to SEMO.According to the paper this morning.

oldguy_21

Clarksville boys
Shirley boys

add those to the list

daredevilfan

Is Coach Brown not coaching Shirley next season?

ricepig

Quote from: mustang43 on March 12, 2009, 07:04:21 am
Quote from: oldguy_21 on March 10, 2009, 11:17:55 am
Looks like ole Dick Nutt is heading to SEMO.According to the paper this morning.

Many in J'boro were holding their breath on this one, glad to see him get employment. The rumor mill now has Bill Taylor leaving Springdale to come to J'boro, or Paragould or Manila, or....  Don't believe it, just hear it, right now we do not have an opening as Pruitt has not officially retired.

OC

I heard the Manila rumor as well.

Paragould is not open
Jonesboro is not open
Manila is not open as far as I know

Heber Springs is open
Clarksville is open
DeWitt is open
Greenbrier girls is open
White Co. Central boys and girls open
Shirley boys is open
Helena West Helena Central boys is open

bearpride

March 12, 2009, 09:18:14 pm #37 Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 09:42:14 pm by bearpride

bdog32

who all has interviewed at white county and who is the front runner for the boys job?

vball~chik

So heard today that both coaches at Marshall are not going to be coaching after this year.

bobcatfan90

Quote from: vball~chik on March 13, 2009, 01:54:46 pm
So heard today that both coaches at Marshall are not going to be coaching after this year.

What is going on there?  What about the Jr. High coach?

shortychs10

There is a good chance that the Carlisle Sr. girls job will be opening after this year.

ArkansasKingpin

Just posting what I have been told... And I believe it to be true...

McGowan has been relived of his coaching duties at Paragould...

Rulesman

What happened to Simpson at HWH? Retire?

Coach Jacobs, GCT

Quote from: Rulesman on March 13, 2009, 08:24:58 pm

Coach retired, he will be taking over the Athletic Director duties as of July 1.

Rulesman

Quote from: Coach Jacobs, HWH on March 13, 2009, 09:32:18 pm
Quote from: Rulesman on March 13, 2009, 08:24:58 pm

Coach retired, he will be taking over the Athletic Director duties as of July 1.
Good for him. He is a class act.

OC

Quote from: ArkansasKingpin on March 13, 2009, 07:42:42 pm
Just posting what I have been told... And I believe it to be true...

McGowan has been relived of his coaching duties at Paragould...

Don't believe this is completely true.

philgoodallday

Talked to Matt.  Paragould is not open.  He said "I haven't even heard that, but I'm not going anywhere."

That seems pretty clear.

bobcatfan90

So what is going on in Marshall?  Are both of the Sr. Coaches leaving?  What about Harris, is he gone too?  Anybody have anything on this one?

vball~chik

Just heard from some of the players that Nash and Welch are gone and Harris could be gone not for sure on Harris but that is what we are hearing. But Nash and Welch will not coach next year. I think they get to stay at the school probably as teachers.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas