• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dollar General chooses Booneville for Official Sponsorship......

Started by sam, December 19, 2007, 04:57:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sam

12-17-07
Booneville football coach Scott Hyatt made an announcement to his players late last week that was better than any Christmas gift they could possibly ask for, Dollar General is now the OFFICIAL outfitter and sponsor of Booneville Bearcat football. The Bearcats will wear Dollar General uniforms, cleats/shoes, accessories and apparel exclusively starting in the winter of 2008.

Booneville becomes the first high school program in the United States to be chosen by Dollar General for sponsorship. The contract currently stands at two years, but is expected to continue.

Founded in 1974, Dollar General is a variety store where people choose to go when they don't want to get all dressed up to go to Wal-Mart. 

Dollar General items may not be very sturdy, but you can always afford to buy more because it's so cheap.

Dollar General is known for its "Protect This Store From Thieves" and "Lock Down the front door because meth heads are running out with Sudafed" marketing campaigns.

Below is some of the apparel Booneville will be wearing next Fall.

This is the best they could do on pants.  The kids asked where the pads would go and DG reps replied..............in the pockets of course.

Our jerseys will be state of the art.  They will be the first jerseys with sleeves incorporated in.  Our players are somewhat skeptical about everyone wearing the same number but when you see the helmets you'll see that everyone will be able to see the players' faces.

We wondered if a non-sporting good store would be able to come up with a quality helmet but they came through again.

And lastly, we all know DG is world renowned for it's footwear and our kids are elated about the shoes they will be wearing on Friday nights next Fall.  What they give up on traction they will make up for in the time they'll save not having to tie them.

Eat your heart out Shiloh.

Bondfan4ever

+10 for that one!!!!  Now, my question to you is which teams will Fred's be the official outfitter for?

GBdog2003

Jimbo Morphis

sandlizard64

Haha I would have to say that my day was made after reading this post. I havn't seen anything this original in a LONG time and I got a HUGE kick out of it and everybody else should!! Except maybe those Under-what-ever-it-is-douches!

Kingfisher

Your sarcasm and cynicism know's no boundaries......I love it !! ;D

B&GT

Quite Frankly

Well, I would have preferred to see you guys get Dollar Tree or The Dollar Store, but I guess you have to make do with what you can get.

Was First Baptist Church of Booneville not available?

B&GT

Sensitive

Quote from: Quite Frankly on December 19, 2007, 06:08:03 pm
Well, I would have preferred to see you guys get Dollar Tree or The Dollar Store, but I guess you have to make do with what you can get.

Was First Church of Booneville not available?
That's not nice!  Shiloh is a fine school and the fact that FBC sponsors them as a ministry is a noble gesture. 

However it is funny and the fact that some of their posters on here are arrogant jerks makes the whole school a target of ridicule.  Coach Floyd has asked them to stop in previous years.  I guess they just don't give a rip what folks think about their school.

+1 sam!

Papa Billie™

This is why sam won "Poster of the Year", he deserves it...Great job sam...SS   ;D

Quite Frankly

NLS, my comment actually wasn't a slight at Shiloh.  I can sure see were it could be taken as such since I have in fact done so on many occasions.

Kind of ironic that I did that unintentionally.  My dry wit works when I'm not even trying.

FBC of Booneville is sort of a big deal in Bearcat land. 

Sensitive

Well if that wasn't a slap at Shiloh, I am sure you can think of one!  Don't give up!

edghog

Sensitive

I understand that "Myrtle's Meth Mart" is looking to sponsor a team next season.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: No Longer Sensitive on December 19, 2007, 07:00:47 pm
I understand that "Myrtle's Meth Mart" is looking to sponsor a team next season.

Nope, Huntsville already sewed that up.

edghog

Quote from: Quite Frankly on December 19, 2007, 07:02:25 pm

Business is good. They are sponsoring two teams. Clinton is the other one.

B&GT

Quote from: Quite Frankly on December 19, 2007, 07:02:25 pm

It's not a mystery why they are one of the top 3 largest schools in 4A and still suck every year.

Justafan42

Now That Was Funny.

I just wish that Booneville hadn't signed this deal. I figured Mansfield or Waldron would have been better choices.

OldScrap

Booneville  is a class act, or will be next year with their new sponsor.  ;D

edghog

Quote from: OldScrap on December 19, 2007, 09:21:54 pm
Booneville  is a class act, or will be next year with their new sponsor.  ;D
Wait a minute, I thought Copenhagen was their sponsor.

sam

Quote from: edghog on December 19, 2007, 09:25:40 pm
Wait a minute, I thought Copenhagen was their sponsor.

Wrong.  Copenhagen was my sponsor until I got busted with Red Seal. 

skyblue

Scrapper07

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Justafan42 on December 19, 2007, 07:51:03 pm
Now That Was Funny.

I just wish that Booneville hadn't signed this deal. I figured Mansfield or Waldron would have been better choices.
Dollar General would not have fit Mansfield very well. I guess that I can let the cat out of the bag because the deal is almost done. Linens & Things will be Mansfields sponsor next year. They will give the material to the Mansfield Home ec. department and they will in turn make our uni's for next season.

Sensitive

The Gideons are sponsoring CAC.  They have agreed to give a pocket New Testament to every kid in grades 7-12.  This is an exclusive deal in that they will only do this for schools who will allow them in the doors.

sam

I must be sponsored by McDonalds because they give me free ketchup all the time even when I don't ask. 

30kfeet

This just in....  Fredrick's of Hollywood to sponsor Dollarway marching band.    Uniforms are being shipped in 3x5 envelopes as we speak.

Kingfisher

Quote from: 30kfeet on December 20, 2007, 02:17:36 pm
This just in....  Fredrick's of Hollywood to sponsor Dollarway marching band.    Uniforms are being shipped in 3x5 envelopes as we speak.
I think since Sam is poster of the year, and the art guru, he ought to have to model one for us and post the results. ;)

sam

I ended up having to fight that butt-gazer in the back though.

He kept saying "you wouldn't wear something like that if you didn't want to get looked at".

I guess he was right. 

Kingfisher

Quote from: sam on December 20, 2007, 03:11:03 pm

He kept saying "you wouldn't wear something like that if you didn't want to get looked at".

I guess he was right. 
Absolutely Charming !!!
What are you doin' this weekend Sam.......

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Papa Billie™

Quote from: sam on December 20, 2007, 01:48:49 pm
I must be sponsored by McDonalds because they give me free ketchup all the time even when I don't ask. 

You are indeed one of the "Chosen Ones"....Congratulations...SS   ;D

Made

this is the third time i have read this, i have yet to make it through the whole thing without busting into tears.  It's hard for anyone to take you serious when y are clinching your ribs for breath.

B&GT

Quote from: Made on December 20, 2007, 11:44:07 pm
this is the third time i have read this, i have yet to make it through the whole thing without busting into tears.  It's hard for anyone to take you serious when y are clinching your ribs for breath.

Wait.  You think this is serious?

True Believer

I guess he was right. 
\

Wow sam,  I didn't know you were so.....er...... pretty.   Victoria's Secret may be calling anyday.

(Thanks for the laugh)

okiemichealj

pantherpurple

Oh My Gosh "Sam", this post made my day. It was so funny. A little humor never hurt anyone.

sandlizard64

Quote from: True Believer on December 21, 2007, 07:51:51 am

I guess he was right. 
\

Wow sam,  I didn't know you were so.....er...... pretty.   Victoria's Secret may be calling anyday.

(Thanks for the laugh)
He would definatly be walking down the catwalk in the hottest lingerie EVER!

transplant

Sensitive

Quote from: Silicon Slick T. Love on December 21, 2007, 03:08:42 pm
Sam words cannot do this thread justice...

brilliant...simply brilliant

Easily the smartest man on FF or Booneville.
That last line is too close to the truth to be funny.

powerbomb

postings like that should get you on the Jim Rome show ! ;D

Wahls

I hate Jim Rome. He always takes like 15 second pauses before he answers his questions.

snoopy22

Awesome!!!!!  Watch out though, the under armour team might get jealous and come after your sponsor!!!  Now that is a great post!

GeorgeWBush

transplant

True Believer

Is that a picture of sam in his younger days?    Nice legs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas