• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things You Believe if You're a Liberal

Started by Uncle Ivan, April 21, 2006, 03:04:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Ivan

...Pictures of aborted babies make you hard, but Condoleeza Rice makes you puke.

... You think ditching a few days of Air Force service is impeachable, but spending an entire military term doing jack schitt and getting a Purple Heart for it is commendable.

...Flip-flopping you're reasons for going into war is horrible, but flip-flopping on EVERYTHING is just fine.

...Bombing a aspirin factory in another country because you think they might be terrorists is okay, but going to war with a country because they ARE terrorists is wrong.

... In your opinion, when the Prime Minister of Britain is a Republican president's b*tch, it's disgusting.  But when he's a Democrat president's b*tch, it's "Good foreign relations".

...Accidentally shooting your wad on her dress is just fine, but accidentally shooting your gun at some guy's face is horrible.

...When a fat, pompous, no good lying dick makes a movie full of lies and deceit, it's wonderful - but when a skinny, pompous, no good lying blond b*tch makes a book full of lies and deceit, it's despicable.

...The Church has absolutely no right to control any aspect of the U.S government, but the U.S Government does have the right to force the church to go against its very beliefs and let homosexuals get married.

...When it comes to the Second Amendment, you believe we need to completely override it because these changing times require it.  When it comes to wiretapping however, it goes against the Constitution, and it's not like we can just override just because these changing times require it; that's not how things work.

...You think it's inappropriate to teach the theory of creationism, since it's completely unproven and there's no evidence to support it.  Instead, you want them to teach another completely unproven theory with no evidence to support it that says the exact opposite.

...It's horrible to expose children to firearms of any type... you know, until they grow up, join the Army, and save your butt from guys with a turban and a Stinger missile.

...When Bush Sr. meets up with Middle Eastern dictators whom we later go to war with, it makes you sick, but when a Democrat does it - it's, once again, "good foreign relations".

...You think that the horrible religious murders the Israelis commit are worse than the horrible religious murders the Palestinians commit, because they're your allies.

...The French are total wussy, despite the fact that they completely saved our butt in the Revolutionary war.  Oh, and the fact that they sold us Louisiana just to strengthen us is the only reason we are a superpower today.  Oh, and the fact that while they where fighting to save innocent lives, we ignored Hitler's genocide of millions of Jews, until it involved us somehow.

...When the Northern states, (Massachusetts and the New England states) attempt to break free from the federal government because they want a different form of government and more power, it's just fine - but when the Southern states do the same thing for the same reasons fifty years later, they're horrible racist dicks.

Lions84

Blue Collar

rabs_fan4life

amehr36

hsu1

claps but you should revise the thing about ann coulter unless i just didn't take it the way you meant it.

buffalofan5

Quote...The French are total wussy, despite the fact that they completely saved our butt in the Revolutionary war.  Oh, and the fact that they sold us Louisiana just to strengthen us is the only reason we are a superpower today.  Oh, and the fact that while they where fighting to save innocent lives, we ignored Hitler's genocide of millions of Jews, until it involved us somehow
Urm.........I've heard both dems and repubs sya thta exact same thing. I don't know how that can be put on lib's shoulders.

hsu1

the dems who are opposed to the french are in a large minority in their party.

hsu1

and by the way, the french are total wusses.  france isn't the same country it used to be.  just like the democratic party isn't the same one it used to be.  (well they still exploit black people)

c4blueflames

Bush Sr. and Baby Bush are the 2 worst presidents we've ever had.

c4blueflames

So Uncle Ivan are you saying its worse to shoot you wad on her dress than to blow someones head off. You must be a christian. And I don't  think that the  happy folks are trying to get married in your precious church. Not everyone has the same beliefs as you, thank God. But it seems to me that christians, if they could, would make it a law to believe there crap. I was brought up in a Missionary Baptist Church, and finally woke up and realized its all a big lie. Hypocrites is what they are.

amehr36

Quote from: c4blueflames on April 24, 2006, 08:49:33 am
You must be a christian.

So you pretty much made another point that more Republicans are Christians than democrats....THANKS.

Not everyone has the same beliefs as you, thank God.

So you call upon the name of the One who you apparently dont want to believe in, and WE are the hypocrites??

ejay

...Accidentally shooting your wad on her dress is just fine, but accidentally shooting your gun at some guy's face is horrible.

Dont really see how these could even possibly be considered equal.  ???

c4blueflames

April 24, 2006, 09:31:41 am #15 Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:55:17 pm by c4blueflames

I

Chief_Osceola™

So Uncle Ivan are you saying its worse to shoot you wad on her dress than to blow someones head off. You must be a christian. And I don't think that the  happy folks are trying to get married in your precious church. Not everyone has the same beliefs as you, thank God. But it seems to me that christians, if they could, would make it a law to believe there crap. I was brought up in a Missionary Baptist Church, and finally woke up and realized its all a big lie. Hypocrites is what they are.

Wow, what a broad and terribly innacurate generalization.

c4blueflames

As for the democrats and republicans, i could care less who are christians and who are not, as long as they keep their religion out of it. Religion and politics don't mix. That's what causes alot of problems in our country already. Keep you religious beliefs at home, not in our government. I'm democrat because they tend to keep our economy up. Look at the facts, our deficit is always in surplus with democrats, and billions in the negative with republicans. We have lost several jobs because of republicans. I just recently lost my job. I'm now unemployed for the first time in my life. Democrats care more about the common people, republicans are for the rich.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: c4blueflames on April 24, 2006, 09:47:00 am
Democrats care more about the common people, republicans are for the rich.

Democrats claim to care more about the common people, but are no different than Republicans in that both parties pander to wealthy lobbyists.

c4blueflames

I will agree to that somewhat, but the democrats have actually done things to help the common people.

SandLizard04

I think the t-shirt of the Faulkner County Democrats sums up how I feel, and how many Democrats I know feel:

I'm a Christian.
I have family values.
I'm patriotic.
...And I'm voting Democrat!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: c4blueflames on April 24, 2006, 09:52:43 am
I will agree to that somewhat, but the democrats have actually done things to help the common people.

Examples?

c4blueflames

Well for one I had a good job that no longer exists.

Chief_Osceola™

I'm honestly sorry to hear that.  I'll agree that the Republicans have generally become more and more economically liberal, but I don't believe the Democrats could have made things any better, especially in the current presidential term.  I won't be a Bush apologist when it comes to the economy, but he did inheret a system that was beginning to make a downturn, so I don't think all the blame can be placed on Republicans.  I just don't believe he's done much in the way of making the problem better.  The point of my previous post was that the majority of Democrats do a lot of talking, but when it comes to action, they are, well, politicians, and the results don't line up with their rhetoric.

c4blueflames

That's true, most politicians are all talk. I don't know if its a republican thing or not, all I know is Bush is an idiot. I saw some of the speech with I believe it was the Prime Minister of ????  I couldn't hear  because I was in a crowded room. But the whole time he was talking, Bush was waiting like a school kid for his turn to speak. It was obvious he could care less about what the other man had to say.

Lions84

If your mad that Brokeback Mountian did not win Best Picture.

c4blueflames

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: c4blueflames on April 24, 2006, 09:52:43 am

My my, you are a naive one.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: c4blueflames on April 24, 2006, 10:26:14 amall I know is Bush is an idiot.

You don't know much, then.

What's been done to Bush in that regard is straight out of the moonbat playbook - when you can't refute their points, say they're stupid.  They did it to Reagan, and they've done it to Bush, as well.  Never mind that Bush's scores in college were higher than both al-Gore's and Kerry's.

It's further proof that if you repeat a lie enough times, some folks will believe it.

c4blueflames

Bush is an idiot and you are too if you believe in this man. He has gotten us into a war that we don't belong. He has caused great financial crisis in America. All he gives a crap about is his pocketbook, and other rich peoples pocketbook that support his. How do you know his scores in college? Even if he did score higher doesn't mean he has common sense. I know plenty of educated idiots.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: c4blueflames on April 24, 2006, 10:40:19 pmBush is an idiot and you are too if you believe in this man. He has gotten us into a war that we don't belong. He has caused great financial crisis in America. All he gives a crap about is his pocketbook, and other rich peoples pocketbook that support his. How do you know his scores in college? Even if he did score higher doesn't mean he has common sense. I know plenty of educated idiots.

What moonbat site are you getting that talking point cut and paste from?

You are living proof of the fact that lies repeated often enough are believed by the foolish.

c4blueflames

Look you can believe what you want to. The fact that you think Bush is intelligent tells how smart you really are. Mislead is more like it. Let me guess you voted for Bush because you thought Kerry was going to take your guns away.

Uncle Ivan

I know Bush is more intelligent than some give him credit for, and his college transcripts back it up.  Oh, and how exactly could a moron get through a hard-left Yale?

I voted for Bush because I was satisfied with the job he was doing, and did not want the country in the hands of an arrogant traitor with the spine of a jellyfish, and risk another 9-11 happening.  Furthermore, until the Rats revise their stance on infanticide, I will never vote for one of their candidates.

Now, you can debate it intelligently, or you can just keep on throwing out inane propaganda.  Choice is yours.

c4blueflames

That's cool man you got your beliefs and I got mine. I think we should leave it at that because we could go back and forth all night and it wouldn't do any good. Like I said before education doesn't always equal intelligence. Money talks my friend, and that's something he has plenty of. He may have done well in school, but doesn't have much common sense. I know a few people like that personally. They were smart as a whip in the books, but dumb as a box of rocks on common sense. To me Bush just doesn't seem to be genuine in his statements. You can tell someone else wrote everyword on his speechs. Yes, I know all presidents do that, but with him it is obvious that he could give a rats arss about us. You can post what you want to after this, I'm done with it. We are getting nowhere. I will admit that I'm not very good at debating politics. So I respect your opinion, but will never believe that Bush has done a good job.

Uncle Ivan

You'll respect it in twenty years.

Bush will end up there with Reagan as one of the great presidents.

c4blueflames

You are the only person I've ever heard say Reagan was a good president. He was another one that took our economy down.

Uncle Ivan

The boom economy of the 1990's occurred in part because of RWR.

Reagan's face should be up on Mount Rushmore.

c4blueflames

He wasn't president in the 90's. And yes they do need his face on Mt. Rushmore, right before they blow it up. Just kidding, he wasn't all that bad. At least he was very patriotic, and you could tell he loved the people. I'll give you Reagan.

Uncle Ivan

Economic ramifications can extend years into the future.  Clinton owes RWR a lot, he got credit for Reagan's handling of the economy.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 24, 2006, 11:46:50 pm
Economic ramifications can extend years into the future. Clinton owes RWR a lot, he got credit for Reagan's handling of the economy.

And in turn, Bush has been left with the remnants of the downturn at the end of the Clinton presidency.

c4blueflames

That's just the excuse they use for blowing it. I wish I still had the chart to show you the declines and rises in the economy for each president. Reagan had it down pretty low. Just look at how well Clinton had it up. Boy that didn't sound to good did it. LOL. Anyway, my point is people attack Clinton because he couldn't keep it in his pants, which has nothing to do with how well he ran the country. Unless he and his partner accidentally ruined some important documents while they were getting it on on the desk.

c4blueflames

Good night, I'm outta here. See you tomarrow. Thanks for the conversation Uncle. I guess we just gotta agree to disagree. I respect that you stick to your beliefs. That shows alot of character in a person. I've gotta go, but I shall return tomarrow. Good night.

Chief_Osceola™

The economy is cyclical - it waxes and wanes.  So in all fairness, it's hard to tell exactly who is responsible for the ups and downs.

c4blueflames

Quote from: The Juggernaut on April 24, 2006, 11:48:08 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 24, 2006, 11:46:50 pm
Economic ramifications can extend years into the future. Clinton owes RWR a lot, he got credit for Reagan's handling of the economy.

And in turn, Bush has been left with the remnants of the downturn at the end of the Clinton presidency.

I guess that is why Clinton was the only president in the past 40 or more years to have us in a surplus.

Chief_Osceola™

Read my previous post - economies in a free market society are cyclical.  It's no secret that the economy was beginning to head downward from its peak toward the end of the Clinton presidency.  Yes, it was still a surplus, but that amount was beginning to shrink. 

c4blueflames

But my point is that no other president even come close to getting us out of the hole. Not for a long long time. I believe it was like 40 years or more.

CatsRule

April 25, 2006, 12:18:26 am #46 Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 12:23:30 am by CatsRule
Quote from: The Juggernaut on April 25, 2006, 12:13:29 am
Read my previous post - economies in a free market society are cyclical. It's no secret that the economy was beginning to head downward from its peak toward the end of the Clinton presidency. Yes, it was still a surplus, but that amount was beginning to shrink.

I'd say you're wasting your time, but then again maybe someone else reading this thread is actually reading and understanding what you are trying to say. 

Chief_Osceola™

April 25, 2006, 12:19:31 am #47 Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 12:23:57 am by The Juggernaut
I'm sorry, do you not understand it?  Think of it like a sound wave - it goes up and down across a medium.  It's the same way with our economy.  Peaks and valleys.

CatsRule

Quote from: The Juggernaut on April 25, 2006, 12:19:31 am
I'm sorry, do you not understand it?

If you're talking to me, then I must apologize for not wording things better.  I understand what you're saying.  Hopefully other people understand what your saying too.  But the person you are talking to is either not understanding, or refuses show that he understands what you are trying to say.

Chief_Osceola™

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas