• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marion Thread Heap (Merged threads)

Started by MarionTrackStar44, January 25, 2006, 07:11:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MarionTrackStar22

Downnotout

Quote from: MarionTrackStar22 on January 30, 2006, 02:51:46 pm
Dude, Marion's got this game on pack... It might be close, but Marion has more heart in the end..
If your hoping to beat us in the heart area you sir are saidly mistaken. There is no quit on that Eagle team. I say Tech wins 59-50.

MarionTrackStar44

Hey, if this game comes down to heart...i know for a fact marion will win...trust me to lose by a buzzer beater an not make it to the BIG GAME , an trying to get back to that same place to get another chance u must have heart..an ALL these pats do....GO PATS!!!!!

MarionTrackStar44

Quote from: robbizzle on January 29, 2006, 09:43:42 pm
Well i hope u guys arent expecting a huge student section from tech. We are really down from last year......our student support is good but people worry about how they look too much! So I doubt its much of a battle!!

Well if everyones worried about how they look..yal should jus do what we do..an everyone wear the same thing (remember last year in tech ?!!!)

robbizzle

Thats a large range but thats not rare in basktball! haha....like blytheville for example...they have echols and brown but also have the other echols who starts who is 5'9 or so as well. So range is not rare at all!

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: robbizzle on January 30, 2006, 05:02:00 pm
Thats a large range but thats not rare in basktball! haha....like blytheville for example...they have echols and brown but also have the other echols who starts who is 5'9 or so as well. So range is not rare at all!

And Melvin Brooks started the last 2 games at about 5'7" or so.

eaglefan06

Wow i am tired of hearin all this talk that we can't run with ya'll. It's really pretty funny. I mean ya'll obviously haven't seen us play this year or seen our defense for that matter. If we play at the same level we have been at then we might run away with it. But, I could see Marion coming in here over confident and I hope that is exactly what they do because we will score on em early and often.      Tech 66 Marion 55

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: eaglefan06 on January 30, 2006, 08:23:07 pm
Wow i am tired of hearin all this talk that we can't run with ya'll. It's really pretty funny. I mean ya'll obviously haven't seen us play this year or seen our defense for that matter. If we play at the same level we have been at then we might run away with it. But, I could see Marion coming in here over confident and I hope that is exactly what they do because we will score on em early and often. Tech 66 Marion 55

I'm pretty sure that Tech will play Marion in a similar way to how they played Blytheville.  They'll stall and look for wide open shots and they won't miss.

robbizzle

I wouldnt call it much of a stall.....they just didnt take any possession for granite! They made sure they got good open looks. They scored in the 60's so it couldnt have been much of a stall. I think the gameplan against marion will be about the same but different defensively due to marion being guard play and blytheville is known for their post. And u did say one thing right....our guys wont miss! ;) haha

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: robbizzle on January 30, 2006, 09:23:01 pm
I wouldnt call it much of a stall.....they just didnt take any possession for granite! They made sure they got good open looks. They scored in the 60's so it couldnt have been much of a stall. I think the gameplan against marion will be about the same but different defensively due to marion being guard play and blytheville is known for their post. And u did say one thing right....our guys wont miss! ;) haha

Well, every time Tech got the ball, Coach Bowlin was hollaring at them to slow it down.  Wanted them to take most of the 10 seconds in the backcourt.  Then they would keep it out near halfcourt until open shots were found.  I wouldn't consider it stalling, but it pretty much was.

robbizzle

Its just how their princeton offense develops i think! But Coach bowlin wanted them and has been telling them all year how they need to be patient. Thats how most teams should be....be patient and get a good shot. Dont go down the court and rush or force a shot. Tech basically just played textbook basketball that night. They did stall a few tiems when blytheville went to a zone, because GCT was having so much success with them playing a man so they forced them to play what GCT wanted. They just controlled the game. And I hope our guys are able to do just that tomorrow.

robbizzle

eaglepride

Quote from: robbizzle on January 30, 2006, 09:38:23 pm
Its just how their princeton offense develops i think! But Coach bowlin wanted them and has been telling them all year how they need to be patient. Thats how most teams should be....be patient and get a good shot. Dont go down the court and rush or force a shot. Tech basically just played textbook basketball that night. They did stall a few tiems when blytheville went to a zone, because GCT was having so much success with them playing a man so they forced them to play what GCT wanted. They just controlled the game. And I hope our guys are able to do just that tomorrow.

Well put.

MarionTrackStar44

GAME DAY BABY!!!! Our guys are pumped an ready! The maniacs are reaady to ....we gonna be LOUD an CRUNK the whole game so yal rumblers better be ready....save us some room!..but our whole town ready for this game an we should have a good turn-out...aj an eric said they gonna be on..an lets not 4get aj's gurantee he pput on here (the dunk)...so u eagles better be ready cause we comin for ya (in yo place) M-A-R-I-O-N what!?!?!

Marionpats07™

Track, what time u leaving?And what exit do we take to get into gtc? lol

eaglefan06

The only stalling gct has done this year has been at the end of a quarter situation....and aginst blythville we had plenty of transition baskets....Bowlin might have been yelling be patient but that is what u want to do...so the eagles pushed it hard and if there was nothing there then they set it up...it's called smart baskebtall...and if marion doesn't play it they are in for a long night

railrumblerU

January 31, 2006, 08:41:11 am #117 Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 08:48:06 am by railrumblerU
Attn:M-A-R-I-O-N WHAT? As you like to call your self's I would like to first to address that yall are coming into the game with two losses? WHAT WHAT WHAT????? I know that must be awful for yall with your season you had last year. But wait aren't we 6-0??? WOW we must be doing something right!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And for the person who put that that M-A-R-I-O-N was the first to rumble I don't think so you might want to put down your green stuff and slow down with the powder and speed check back to about five years ago when we first started.. Guess you don't remember so its yall that plagiarize our chants, sorry but the truth does hurt.  :-*

arkfan610

You know one thing at Tech.  The officiating will be outstanding.  However you want to take that.

railrumblerU

I AM GUESSING YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A TECH GAME? OUR REFREE'S SUCK!

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: eaglefan06 on January 31, 2006, 08:15:56 am
The only stalling gct has done this year has been at the end of a quarter situation....and aginst blythville we had plenty of transition baskets....Bowlin might have been yelling be patient but that is what u want to do...so the eagles pushed it hard and if there was nothing there then they set it up...it's called smart baskebtall...and if marion doesn't play it they are in for a long night

Y'all totally missed what I was saying.

eaglefan06

Well I haven't seen ya'll play this year (M-A-R-I-O-N) so just how big is your starting 5????????

hogsrule44

cant tell u exactly what they are but you just stick with #4 cause he likes to shoot and will if you give him a chance, just stay with him all game because when he shoots he usually makes it.

pimpinpats06

Quote from: eaglefan06 on January 31, 2006, 09:19:35 am
Well I haven't seen ya'll play this year (M-A-R-I-O-N) so just how big is your starting 5????????

It depends on how coach clay is feeling on who starts... Nance is 6'6 n spencer is 6'4 those are the only for sure starters... buddy u can throw records out in this one, i'm liking the underdog role we have fallen into...so go ahead think yall will blow us out but i promise that will not happen... E Cheers is back so the Pats are running on all cylinders. I cant wait 4 2nite the atmosphere will be unbelievable with so much on this game... be ready tech.. the pats are coming 4u

screamingeagle_06

Hey..well looks like most of yaw hate us...bu t i guess we'll see who the winners are tonight..we're above yaw right now..hmm...well good luck bye!

BY THE WAY>>our railrumblers are awesome..and we don't copy..nice try!

memphisguy

Quote from: pimpinpats06 on January 31, 2006, 01:39:16 pm

It depends on how coach clay is feeling on who starts... Nance is 6'6 n spencer is 6'4 those are the only for sure starters... buddy u can throw records out in this one, i'm liking the underdog role we have fallen into...so go ahead think yall will blow us out but i promise that will not happen... E Cheers is back so the Pats are running on all cylinders. I cant wait 4 2nite the atmosphere will be unbelievable with so much on this game... be ready tech.. the pats are coming 4u
Nance isn't anywhere near 6-6. He is 6-2 tops and so is Spencer. Nance does have some go hops so he can play inside and Spencer had handle the ball and does a great job of driving the lane. Jerry Franklin at 6-3 and Zach Smith at 6-4 maybe would be the tallest.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: memphisguy on January 31, 2006, 03:01:52 pm
Quote from: pimpinpats06 on January 31, 2006, 01:39:16 pm

Nance isn't anywhere near 6-6. He is 6-2 tops and so is Spencer. Nance does have some go hops so he can play inside and Spencer had handle the ball and does a great job of driving the lane. Jerry Franklin at 6-3 and Zach Smith at 6-4 maybe would be the tallest.

mempho guy,

Nance is taller than 6'2.  Spencer isn't, but Nance is.  That noggin he has puts him pretty close to the Echols kid from Blytheville.  I'd say Nance is 6'4".

pimpinpats06

Yea sry Nance is closer to 6'4 and spencer is taller than 6'2 i promise b/c he and Nance are close 2 eye to eye.

MarionTrackStar44

im there best friends an weve had this argument before...They BOTH are 6'3 aj jus has a lil cm on eric

hogsrule44

Im bout to head out in bout 30 min to Blythville, Good Luck to both teams tonight, should be a good one.

memphisguy

January 31, 2006, 04:28:18 pm #130 Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 04:30:55 pm by memphisguy
Yep, ok 6-3. I knew he wasn't  6-6. Hope the Patriots take this one. I'm looking forward to shooting the Blytheville game Friday night.

RD™

HBS_Wiffle13

Last I heard, Marion was up by 15 in the middle of the 3rd quarter, haven't heard and update since then.

RD™

HBS_Wiffle13

Marion is up close to 17 as the 3rd quarter is winding down.  Must be loud in there, it's tough to hear someone on the phone.

AHM™

HBS_Wiffle13

Marion over Tech 79-72, looks like Marion wasn't the one doing too much talking this time.

MikeDiesel™

Only by 7?  Nice.  What happened at the end for the lead to get cut like that?  Have you heard yet?

HBS_Wiffle13

No, as soon I as get more info I'll post it.

HBS_Wiffle13

Marion was up by as much as 20 in the 3rd quarter.  From a reliable source, Tech began to get a lot of calls and cut the lead to 1 before Marion came back and pushed it to 7 with Nance throwing one down to finish Tech off. 

eaglefan06

Well i was in attendance at this game and I would like to start off by saying these refs were the worst ever for both ways. I mean pitiful..... like Marion is shooting a one and one and we get it and take off knowing after they tried to stop play for some weird reason and they ended up coming back and calling a jump ball because it was blown call pretty much. It was just bad all around. Those refs should be suspended.... they were confused the whole night. But my hat goes off to Marion for playing outstanding basketball for 26 minutes. They were running up and down just beating us with some help from the zebras. Then with 6 minutes to go we were down 24 and started a huge run i think it was 26-5 run or somethin like that and we started gettin some help from the refs along with hellacious D. We got it down to 1 and then after that Marion just took it. Then got a flagrant and a T called on us. That really ended it for us. But congrats Marion yall played great... I just wish our guys would have played those 6 minutes for the whole game. Things would have been a lot more interesting.

one_of_three

You would have had to be there to know what went on at that game!
Unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Technicals--bodies flying---

pioneerbasketball

Drama Mama ™

January 31, 2006, 11:34:13 pm #143 Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 11:35:54 pm by Drama Mama
WARNING : Do NOT dis the refs.....ref''s are people to   ;D    :-X  (sarcasm button  ;)   

Quote from: one_of_three on January 31, 2006, 10:45:01 pm
You would have had to be there to know what went on at that game!
Unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Technicals--bodies flying---

Hummm....sounds like the Friday night game I went to  ;D

pimpinpats06

OMG what an amazing game!!! Refs did let things get out of control and were some what lost a lil bit... the technicals were flying and all very deserving ( all on GCT by the way)...i would like to add that GCT's players, coaches and fans are probably the worst sports ever... i kno everyone gets mad but when the game was over Coach Bowlin told our cheerleader to "get off his darn court" which was followed by his son Skyler literally pushing on of ours, a huge brawl nearly followed all that. But GCT yall are real men for pushing a young lady and whining about every single thing. Jason Church at one point looked into the crowd at 1 of our fans and said " meet me after the game!"..just play the game man all fans are gunna be cheering... As we were leaving 5 of GCT's fans came running out like mad men and a fight broke out. All i saw was pink shirts swingin and Tech fans on the ground. The leader of the bunch came up w/ covered in blood. Dont dish it if u cant take it. So that makes GCT 0 for 2 on the nite... i kno u hate us guys but let ur play do the talking. Much has been said about us being poor sports and I'll admit it is derserving at times. After Bly and Wynne we didnt not run out and start a brawl and our players didnt try and bully young ladies around. Tech I have no respect 4 u anymore(it wasnt much to begin w/) your the worst losers i've ever seen and i hope your ready 4 some more Feb. 21...M-A-R-I-O-N WHAT!!!!

herws

January 31, 2006, 11:46:03 pm #145 Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 11:52:44 pm by herws
O it's on now................

cally2288

marion wins where is all the tech posters now i don't hear you guys

pimpinpats06

they prolly still knocked out on the concrete, or trying 2 beat up some of our cheerleaders...

RD™

Let the bodies hit the floor...

Let the bodies hit the.........FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RD™

Sounds like they did there best to give it back to them, way to over come and achieve.

I said Gaurandamnteed didn't i???

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas