• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 State Tournaments Hub - Please Post State Tournament Scores (for ALL Classifications) Here!

Started by VHSCoach2, April 27, 2018, 01:19:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VHSCoach2

Quote from: The Coach on May 12, 2018, 02:49:13 pm
Dardanelle's SR Boys Class finishes their careers with 4 straight undefeated conference championships (44-0), 4 straight Semi-Finals Appearances, 2 State Titles, state tourney record of 12-2 and an overall record of 72-9-6!! Pretty dang good group of soccer players!! Congrats Warren on a very well played game and a well deserved victory today!!

Having played Dardanelle during that stretch, hats off to everyone! Classy players and coaches.

Lionheart88

Pretty wild that 4S Lakeside will be playing for a state title.  Best 4 seed in 5A history?

redsport27

AirWarren

Quote from: The Coach on May 12, 2018, 02:49:13 pm
Dardanelle's SR Boys Class finishes their careers with 4 straight undefeated conference championships (44-0), 4 straight Semi-Finals Appearances, 2 State Titles, state tourney record of 12-2 and an overall record of 72-9-6!! Pretty dang good group of soccer players!! Congrats Warren on a very well played game and a well deserved victory today!!

Dardanelle is the standard for 4a soccer.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

5A Girls Semifinal: LRCA 3, Maumelle 0.

LRCA vs. PA for the 5A Girls State Championship.

-----------

6A Girls Semifinal: Siloam Springs 5, Searcy 1

Siloam Springs vs. Benton for the 6A Girls State Championship.

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

5A Boys Semifinal: Valley View 1, Clarksville 0

5A Boys Championship Game is Valley View vs. Lakeside

----------

6A Boys Semifinal: Siloam Springs 2, Benton 0

6A Boys Championship Game is Siloam Springs vs. Russellville

The Coach

Double OT last I heard with Berryville playing a man down cause of a red card.

AirWarren

AirWarren

beach bum

I may have to go watch this one if the time its played ends up being open for me.... I wanted to go especially if it ended up being Dardanelle/Warren winner vs. Berryville.... And it worked out that way. This should be an extremely competitive final.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on May 12, 2018, 07:12:20 pm
I may have to go watch this one if the time its played ends up being open for me.... I planned on going before the tournament started if it was Dardanelle/Warren vs. Berryville.... And it worked out that way. This should be an extremely competitive final.

I hear the community of Warren is PUMPED.

beach bum

Buck183

Just got back from watching almost two days of 6A soccer.  Would have been happier if to were three days but it wasn't in the cards.  Got to see seven games total at Russellville High School.  Wasn't able to attend any of the games held at Arkansas Tech unfortunately. 

Got to see some amazing soccer, and some not so great soccer.  Either way I got the privilege of watching soccer.  There were some upsets as expected and some expected results. 

One thing always stands out to me when watching playoff ball. After every single game there's a group of seniors that just played their last high school soccer game and possibly their last organized game ever.  For each group and each player there's a unique story that I'll never know.  Did that group have a successful high school career?  What is a successful high school career?  Did they ever win a champhionship?   Did they ever play for a championship?  Is this their first time to make the playoffs?  The questions go on forever.  Regardless of the answers it's a tough thing to watch play out in person. 

A couple things stood out to me this weekend in particular.....

1. The fact that the Russellville school system didn't see fit to let their student body out to support their teams in the playoffs. Many noticed and commented about this.   That's one of the great priveleges of hosting the playoffs. Having the home field advantage with a large community and student body support.  They didn't allow this for some reason.  Our entire student body came to support our teams last year when we hosted the playoffs and it gave our players a great boost on the field.  Most unfortunate deal in my opinion. 

2. The Lady Benton panthers.  Kudos to this team and their players for winning their semi final game as a two seed over the East conference champion Mt Home.  I've watched Benton from afar for the last three years. In 2016 they made it to the second round with this being the furthest they had ever made it.  Each year following they made it one round further until finally making it to the ship.  Well deserved in this layman's opinion. 

Something else that stood out to me, and this is something that we've discussed on here many times, is the difference in level of play between the east and the west.  While this seems a little more prevalent on the girl's side it applies to the boys too.  We see these teams year after year go into the playoffs looking like absolute powerhouses only to get curb stomped in the playoffs.  I've watched this pattern play out for a few years now consistently.  When looking over their schedules it always seems to me like their choices for non conference games are poorly thought out. Almost seems like they do everything they can to pad their stats going into the playoffs in hopes of intimidating the competition, when in all actuality they have set themselves up for major disappointment due to having drummed every easy team they can possibly find to play them. 

That's my $.02 worth.  Flak jacket is on so fire away. 

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: Buck183 on May 12, 2018, 10:48:58 pm
Just got back from watching almost two days of 6A soccer.  Would have been happier if to were three days but it wasn't in the cards.  Got to see seven games total at Russellville High School.  Wasn't able to attend any of the games held at Arkansas Tech unfortunately. 

Got to see some amazing soccer, and some not so great soccer.  Either way I got the privilege of watching soccer.  There were some upsets as expected and some expected results. 

One thing always stands out to me when watching playoff ball. After every single game there's a group of seniors that just played their last high school soccer game and possibly their last organized game ever.  For each group and each player there's a unique story that I'll never know.  Did that group have a successful high school career?  What is a successful high school career?  Did they ever win a champhionship?   Did they ever play for a championship?  Is this their first time to make the playoffs?  The questions go on forever.  Regardless of the answers it's a tough thing to watch play out in person. 

A couple things stood out to me this weekend in particular.....

1. The fact that the Russellville school system didn't see fit to let their student body out to support their teams in the playoffs. Many noticed and commented about this.   That's one of the great priveleges of hosting the playoffs. Having the home field advantage with a large community and student body support.  They didn't allow this for some reason.  Our entire student body came to support our teams last year when we hosted the playoffs and it gave our players a great boost on the field.  Most unfortunate deal in my opinion. 

2. The Lady Benton panthers.  Kudos to this team and their players for winning their semi final game as a two seed over the East conference champion Mt Home.  I've watched Benton from afar for the last three years. In 2016 they made it to the second round with this being the furthest they had ever made it.  Each year following they made it one round further until finally making it to the ship.  Well deserved in this layman's opinion. 

Something else that stood out to me, and this is something that we've discussed on here many times, is the difference in level of play between the east and the west.  While this seems a little more prevalent on the girl's side it applies to the boys too.  We see these teams year after year go into the playoffs looking like absolute powerhouses only to get curb stomped in the playoffs.  I've watched this pattern play out for a few years now consistently.  When looking over their schedules it always seems to me like their choices for non conference games are poorly thought out. Almost seems like they do everything they can to pad their stats going into the playoffs in hopes of intimidating the competition, when in all actuality they have set themselves up for major disappointment due to having drummed every easy team they can possibly find to play them. 

That's my $.02 worth.  Flak jacket is on so fire away.

When you look at schools like Jonesboro and Mt. Home it's tougher to get good non conference games that are a challenge. The only competitive school that's a non conference opponent is about an hour and 30 minutes away for Jonesboro (Searcy) and about the same for Mt. Home (Harrison). Unfortunately there isn't a lot there for these teams to play against, as far as conference goes Jonesboro has Valley View for competition and Mt. Home has Searcy, so again there's not a lot of competitive games unless you drive 2-3 hours. I'd say Jonesboro has matched up well with Russellville in the last 2 years, losing by a goal this year, Mt. Home made it to the finals last year. Overall I'd agree that the top 2 from the west are a small step above the top 2 in the east.

As far as the girls side go, yeah this year supports what you said pretty well. Haha

Lets Go 5

Don't know but I don't think Buck was talking just conference games. Jonesboro and Mt Home  is out there for games.  Siloam Springs  fill the schedule with what 7a teams will play them and usually grab 2-3 Oklahoma teams like Tulsa and Owasso.

A lose to a 7a school will teach your players more then a 12-0 game that you play to fill the schedule or pad stats.

Searcy has Cabot and Conway close. Not to mention all those teams right in central Ar.
Only half the schedule is conference.
The lose last year to Owasso. They had 4-D1's and a few D2's. Tied at half and lost 3-1at the end. This year it was tie. That lose is better then playing a team Siloam knows will beat 10-0. 
The other lose for Siloam was Tulsa this year.

If I was the El Dorado Coach. I'd be looking for Tx and LA teams.
MT Home might be able to grab some Mo teams. I don't know about that area. Jonesboro is the only one that might have a hard time finding competition. 
It does look better for a High School coach going 14-3 instead of 8-8 for the year. I do understand school politics. But it shows in the post season.

razorback

Quote from: Lets Go 5 on May 13, 2018, 10:27:43 pm
Don't know but I don't think Buck was talking just conference games. Jonesboro and Mt Home  is out there for games. But like Siloam Springs. They fill there schedule with what 7a teams will play them and usually grab 2-3 Oklahoma teams like Tulsa and Owasso.
A lose to a 7a school will teach your players more then a 12-0 game that you play to fill the schedule or pad stats.
Sercy has Cabot and Conway close. Not to mention all those teams right in central Ar.
Only half the schedule is conference.
The lose last year to Owasso. They had 4-D1's and a few D2's. Tied at half and lost 3-1at the end. This year it was 2-1 lose. That lose is better then playing a team Siloam knows will beat 10-0. 
The other lose for Siloam was Tulsa this year.
If I was the El Dorado Coach. I'd be looking for Tx and LA teams.
MT Home might be able to grab some Mo teams. I don't know about that area. Jonesboro is the only one that might have a hard time finding comp. 
it does look better for a High School coach going 14-3 instead of 8-8 for the year. I do understand school politics. But it shows in the post season.

Being from south Arkansas, El dorado may not have the same ability to play schools from out of state.  I'm not sure about Texas, but Louisiana plays high school soccer in the fall.

Arbitro

Quote from: razorback on May 13, 2018, 11:52:36 pm
Being from south Arkansas, El dorado may not have the same ability to play schools from out of state.  I'm not sure about Texas, but Louisiana plays high school soccer in the fall.
Texas plays soccer as a winter sport, so their season is wrapping up as Arkansas is starting.

Lets Go 5

Quote from: Arbitro on May 14, 2018, 08:44:50 am
Texas plays soccer as a winter sport, so their season is wrapping up as Arkansas is starting.

Well LA and TX seem off the table... Maybe because of the summer heat?
It was a thought.

chaoslord

Finally updating the bracket challenge

4A Girls With no one having picked Berryville, ArkansasSportsFan has an unassailable lead. Congrats!

4A Boys If Warren wins, Soccerfan will take it. Othewrise, ArkansasSportsFan will sweep the 4A.

5A Girls A PA win gives this bracket to Frotator888. LRCA gives it to RaozrDad, who will beat out Just1Coach by a point.

5A Boys "Go rams" has won this bracket by virtue of being in the lead with no one else having picked Lakeside or Valley View to win it all. Congrats!

6A Girls Pantherdad and "BHS" will finish in 1st and 2nd, respectively, if Benton wins, and it will also mean Pantherdad was perfect. If Siloam Springs wins, first goes to LetsGo5 and second to RazorDad. Everyone in this bracket has either Benton or Siloam Springs winning, funnily enough.

6A Boys A Russellville win means The Coach goes perfect and wins this whole thing, with "6A" in second. A Siloam Springs win gives "Untitled" and ArkansasSportsFan a shared victory here.

7A Girls A Rogers win gives it to Soccerfan, otherwise RazorDad takes it.

7A Boys I think this may have been the toughest bracket, no one did well here. If Northside wins, ArkansasSportsFan takes it. Otherwise, The Coach and "Untitled" split it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas