• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 - FINAL MONEY POLL - 1A

Started by 3 Dollar, May 13, 2018, 07:35:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

May 13, 2018, 07:35:12 am Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:20:19 pm by 3 Dollar
Only one more game and possible correction to the Polls.

1...Taylor
2...Concord
3...Woodlawn
4...Mount Vernon-Enola
5...Midland
6...Calico Rock
7...Rector
8...Ouachita
9...Mount Ida
10..Dierks

:)

BLUEBLOOD

I think that's a fair listing.  I don't know much about Calico Rock or Rector, but I know a little about the others. 

Thanks for your rankings throughout the season.  Looking forward to next year.  There will be several teams shuffling classifications.  The AAA is keeping 3Dollar on his toes next year!!!

Good luck to the teams who will be playing this weekend in Benton for the championship games.

Bigpoppa

Who were the top pitchers in 1A?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Bigpoppa on May 16, 2018, 07:58:39 am
Who were the top pitchers in 1A?

The top pitcher I've seen in 1A is Downs from Taylor......only a sophomore and has a shot on Friday to win her 2nd state title. She has a legit shot at winning all four years of high school career.

Bigpoppa

My Top 3 pitcher's I saw at 1A:

Taylor's pitcher - She used her change up pretty well. Her fastball was adequate speed. I don't know it was really a rise, but she threw a high chaser when ahead. They worked to hit spots and set up batters. Good pitcher. Between her and their defense - they shut everyone out.

Concord's pitcher - I thought there was a lot of movement on the ball. Good speed. She didn't hang much of anything over the plate. Just doesn't let anyone get a good rip. Hits locations. Good pitcher. Between her and their defense - they shut everyone out.

Mount Vernon's pitcher - Intimidating size on the mound. Threw very hard, and varied speeds. Decent rise ball. Must have been some good movement, a lot of pop ups and ground balls from the better hitting teams. Better defense would have helped her. Not sure, but I think she was calling her own pitches.

Granted, I didn't see the Woodlawn pitcher, but expect she was good to get that far.

I believe the Taylor pitcher is younger and the other two are seniors. Lots of opportunity for another pitcher to step up. Pitching can change a lot of teams!

Smalltownfamous

Downs' younger sister is coming up next year. Also, Taylor has legit travel ball pitchers coming in approximately every 3 years or so for the several years or so. I know of 3 10-year old pitchers on the same team at Taylor that could hang with some JV pitchers. They are scary. There is another Downs that will be coming up in 5 years that is just as tough as her older sisters.

3 Dollar

Smalltownfamous

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas