• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 STATE FINALS SCHEDULE(Played in Benton)

Started by Brian G, May 12, 2018, 06:49:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: maxswine on May 16, 2018, 02:48:29 pm
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but why don't they just play it at the U of A but like on Monday and Tuesday?

I would assume that if the UA softball girls win their regional they'll need the facility for practice.

thescout49

+1, I think it's a big deal that you are in a Championship. Doesn't matter where you play.

It is a big deal that you are in a Championship game AND if you don't think it would matter where they play, you are so very wrong.  Ask the girls playing, I'd be willing to bet that nearly 100% would say it does matter.

maxswine

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 16, 2018, 03:15:00 pm
I would assume that if the UA softball girls win their regional they'll need the facility for practice.

Gotcha.  I knew it was a stupid question.   :)

OB11

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but why don't they just play it at the U of A but like on Monday and Tuesday?

If Arkansas wins their regional they would need their facilities open for preparation for the super regional. I guess you could wait and see how they do this weekend, but that gives little to no time for teams to plan travel and hotels.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: thescout49 on May 16, 2018, 03:37:18 pm
      +1, I think it's a big deal that you are in a Championship. Doesn't matter where you play.

It is a big deal that you are in a Championship game AND if you don't think it would matter where they play, you are so very wrong.  Ask the girls playing, I'd be willing to bet that nearly 100% would say it does matter.

If you love the game, it shouldn't matter where you play. It's the same game anywhere.

WHITEchicken

I always said "we will play you in the parking lot. It doesn't matter to me".

OB11

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 17, 2018, 01:30:59 pm
I always said "we will play you in the parking lot. It doesn't matter to me".

Amen. When it really comes down to it, it won't matter. Ask the other 200 teams NOT getting to play this weekend if it would matter to them where the game was played as long as they got to play in it.

jdwalk

Will anyone be broadcasting the games tomorrow?

rayzorbackfan

Semester Test week.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: OB11 on May 17, 2018, 03:39:28 pm
Amen. When it really comes down to it, it won't matter. Ask the other 200 teams NOT getting to play this weekend if it would matter to them where the game was played as long as they got to play in it.

+1

Gray lizard

Quote from: jdwalk on May 17, 2018, 10:05:40 pm
Will anyone be broadcasting the games tomorrow?

Anyone know No local coverage for Pottsville?  Any live stream or other way to keep up with score.

way2go

thescout49

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on May 17, 2018, 12:58:36 pm
If you love the game, it shouldn't matter where you play. It's the same game anywhere.

All the girls in the finals will show up at Benton, because they do love the game.   They will proudly play the game at Benton's complex, they won't complain at all and they'll play the game the right way.   But you ask them if they'd rather play at Benton or Bogle I believe they'd nearly all would say Bogle.   Benton does have a real nice field, but it ain't where the Lady Razorbacks play.   It's not a college venue.   It's a H.S. venue.  They have played hard all year looking forward to playing that Championship game at Bogle.  mho.

riccoar

Quote from: B.G. on May 12, 2018, 06:49:45 pm
7A – Bentonville vs Bentonville West
6A-  Marion vs Sheridan
5A – Farmington vs Greenbrier
4A – Bauxite vs Pottsville
3A – Harmony Grove vs Rose Bud
2A – Poyen vs Quitman
1A – Concord vs Taylor

A factor in play here for the first time is the UA Softball team might be hosting a Regional.  Full times announced by AAA on Sunday.  Games normally are Fri/Sat.  Might see some adjustments if UA has a regional softball event.

Champions

7A -  Bentonville
6A -  Sheridan
5A -  Greenbrier
4A -  Bauxite
3A -  Benton Harmony Grove
2A -  Quitman
1A -  Taylor

bear_wolves98

Quote from: B.G. on May 12, 2018, 06:49:45 pm
7A – Bentonville vs Bentonville West
6A-  Marion vs Sheridan
5A – Farmington vs Greenbrier
4A – Bauxite vs Pottsville
3A – Harmony Grove vs Rose Bud
2A – Poyen vs Quitman
1A – Concord vs Taylor

McCrory beat Marion 9-2 in Paragould tournament

A factor in play here for the first time is the UA Softball team might be hosting a Regional.  Full times announced by AAA on Sunday.  Games normally are Fri/Sat.  Might see some adjustments if UA has a regional softball event.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas