• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conference Tournaments

Started by arksoc, April 27, 2018, 02:53:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arksoc

I know there are some high school conference tournaments starting this weekend. Anyone got any idea where they are, when they are and when teams are playing? Nothing on AAA web site as far as I can tell.

soccerfan3

5A South is being played at Hope on April 30 and at White Hall May 1-2

April 30th at Hope
Game 1: Girls Play-In Game Hot Springs vs. Hope  4:30 pm
Game 2: Boys Play-In Game White Hall vs Hope  6:30 pm

May 1 Girls at White Hall
Game 3: Lakeside vs White Hall 2:00 pm
Game 4: Dequeen vs winner of Game 1  4:00 pm

May 1 Boys at White Hall
Game 5: Dequeen vs winner of Game 2 6:00 pm
Game 6: Hot Springs vs. Lakeside 8:00 pm

May 2 Girls at White Hall
Game 7: Winner of game 3 vs Winner of Game 4  2:00 pm
Game 8: Loser of Game 3 vs Loser of Game 4 4:00 pm

May 2 Boys at White Hall
Game 9: Winner of Game 5 vs Winner of Game 6 6:00 pm
Game 10:  Loser of Game 5 vs Loser of Game 6 8:00 pm

CentralARFutbol

April 27, 2018, 04:41:30 pm #2 Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:45:24 pm by CentralARFutbol
It's a shame these are voted on before all the games are finished. Even bigger shame it can't be changed to reflect the correct standings. Then again, those in charge don't really care.

Sir Alex

Quote from: CentralARFutbol on April 27, 2018, 04:41:30 pm
It's a shame these are voted on before all the games are finished. Even bigger shame it can't be changed to reflect the correct standings. Then again, those in charge don't really care.

Who is in charge?

CentralARFutbol

Quote from: Sir Alex on April 27, 2018, 08:54:40 pm
Who is in charge?

The ADs make the final call.

I would love to hear the opinion from posters on this board on the situation.

The 5a south voted on Wednesday morning to determine the seeding for the  district tournament next week. First, why would you vote when there are games still left to be played that could impact seeding? Really dumb. Second, even if you voted on Wednesday you would think it would not be set in stone, and that you would revote if need be depending how the games finished out. ( that was the coaches understanding at least)

Anyways, Hot Springs ends up losing Wednesday night giving them 3 conference losses. That left DeQueen in 1st with 1 loss and Lakeside in 2nd with 2 losses. Thursday night Lakeside beats DeQueen 3-0.  They both now have 2 losses and have split head to head. Lakeside has the adavantage in goal differential 3-1 in the head to head match up. This means Lakeside is your outright regular season confrence champ and 1 seed in the district tournament, right? Nope.

You would figure it would not  be a big deal to just change the seeding and do what was right. The ADs said it was "set" and there was nothing they could do about it?? I know most on here won't care, but I just hate it for the boys on the team. Why even play coference games then?

Ladyfan

Very interesting if this is truly the case. Seems odd to be voting on seeding and not letting conference records speak for themselves. Tiebreakers should be documented prior to the season starting so there is no question who is seeded where.

Buck183

Quote from: CentralARFutbol on April 27, 2018, 10:46:29 pm
The ADs make the final call.

I would love to hear the opinion from posters on this board on the situation.

The 5a south voted on Wednesday morning to determine the seeding for the  district tournament next week. First, why would you vote when there are games still left to be played that could impact seeding? Really dumb. Second, even if you voted on Wednesday you would think it would not be set in stone, and that you would revote if need be depending how the games finished out. ( that was the coaches understanding at least)

Anyways, Hot Springs ends up losing Wednesday night giving them 3 conference losses. That left DeQueen in 1st with 1 loss and Lakeside in 2nd with 2 losses. Thursday night Lakeside beats DeQueen 3-0.  They both now have 2 losses and have split head to head. Lakeside has the adavantage in goal differential 3-1 in the head to head match up. This means Lakeside is your outright regular season confrence champ and 1 seed in the district tournament, right? Nope.

You would figure it would not  be a big deal to just change the seeding and do what was right. The ADs said it was "set" and there was nothing they could do about it?? I know most on here won't care, but I just hate it for the boys on the team. Why even play coference games then?

Interesting post.   I agree with everything you said except for one thing.  You contradicted yourself saying that Lakeside is the outright conference champion.  The ONLY thing that determines a conference champ is the conference tournament and not the result of conference play.  All conference play should determine is seeding for the conference tournament.  Lakeside by your argument is a one seed going into the conference tournament.  I would agree with your argument for this case. 

Go win the conference tournament and then make the argument for being conference champs. 

Good luck in the post season.   

CentralARFutbol

Quote from: Buck183 on April 29, 2018, 09:13:48 pm
Interesting post.   I agree with everything you said except for one thing.  You contradicted yourself saying that Lakeside is the outright conference champion.  The ONLY thing that determines a conference champ is the conference tournament and not the result of conference play.  All conference play should determine is seeding for the conference tournament.  Lakeside by your argument is a one seed going into the conference tournament.  I would agree with your argument for this case. 

Go win the conference tournament and then make the argument for being conference champs. 

Good luck in the post season.

Confrence and district are two different things in my opinion.

Buck183

Quote from: CentralARFutbol on April 29, 2018, 10:19:02 pm
Confrence and district are two different things in my opinion.

There is conference play and conference tournament.  No such thing as district. 

Having said that my first reply is still relavant.  You are not declared champion until you win the tournament.   That is fact regardless of opinion.   

I still agree with your argument if you are talking about seeding.   

Ladyfan

April 29, 2018, 11:09:12 pm #9 Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:11:41 pm by Ladyfan
Quote from: Buck183 on April 29, 2018, 10:54:38 pm
There is conference play and conference tournament.  No such thing as district. 

Having said that my first reply is still relavant.  You are not declared champion until you win the tournament.   That is fact regardless of opinion.   

I still agree with your argument if you are talking about seeding.

Re: district tournament...not true. Our school received a district champions plaque from AAA for soccer in 2017.

CentralARFutbol

April 30, 2018, 07:02:47 am #10 Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 07:11:12 am by CentralARFutbol
Quote from: Ladyfan on April 29, 2018, 11:09:12 pm
Re: district tournament...not true. Our school received a district champions plaque from AAA for soccer in 2017.

Yep, because this is district tournament not confrence. You are right though Buck all the conference play does is determined seeding for district.

BullDogFan72

April 30, 2018, 08:35:32 am #11 Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 09:04:54 am by BullDogFan72
6A West Boys Conference Tournament
Games played at highest seed's home field

Saturday, April 28th
Game #1, [1] Siloam Springs - 13 vs [8] Texarkana - 0
Game #2, [4] El Dorado - 1 vs [5] Greenwood - 2
Game #3, [2] Russellville - No Score Posted vs [7] Sheridan
Game #4, [3] Benton - 6 vs [6] Lake Hamilton - 0
--------------------------------------
Tuesday, May 1st
Game #5, [4] El Dorado vs [8] Texarkana
Game #6, [6] Lake Hamilton vs [7] Sheridan
Game #7, [1] Siloam Springs vs [5] Greenwood
Game #8, [2] Russellville vs [3] Benton
Saturday, May 5th
Championship Game, Winner Game #7 vs Winner Game #8
3rd Place Game, Loser Game #7 vs Loser Game #8
5th Place Game, Winner Game #5, Winner Game #6

VHSCoach2

April 30, 2018, 08:51:47 am #12 Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 05:22:22 pm by sevenof400
5A West (Location - Greenbrier):

4/30/18
Girls: E2 Maumelle vs. W3 Morrilton - 1 PM
Boys: E2 Harrison 1(5) vs. W3 Morrilton 1(6) - 3 PM
Girls: W2 Vilonia vs. E3 Clarksville - 5 PM
Boys: W2 Vilonia vs. E3 Clarksville - 7 PM

5/1/18
Girls: E1 Harrison vs. Game 3 Winner - 1PM
Boys: E1 Maumelle vs. Game 4 Winner - 3PM
Girls: W1 Greenbrier vs. Game 1 Winner - 5 PM
Boys: W1 Greenbrier vs. W3 Morrilton - 7 PM

5/4/18:
Girls: Game 5 Loser vs. Game 7 Loser - 1 PM
Boys: Game 6 Loser vs. Game 8 Loser - 3 PM
Girls: Game 5 Winner vs. Game 7 Winner - 5 PM
Boys: Game 6 Winner vs. Game 8 Winner - 7 PM

pantherdad

6A West Girls Conference Tournament

Saturday, April 28th
Game #1, [1] Siloam Springs - 7 vs [8] Lake Hamilton - 0
Game #2, [4] El Dorado - 1 vs [5] Texarkana- 0
Game #3, [2] Benton - 8 vs [7] Sheridan -0
Game #4, [3] Russellville - 0 vs [6] Greenwood - 0, Greenwood wins in PKs
Tuesday, May 1st
Game #5, [5] Texarkana vs [8] Lake Hamilton
Game #6, [3] Russellville vs [7] Sheridan
Game #7, [1] Siloam Springs vs [4] El Dorado
Game #8, [2] Benton vs [6] Greenwood
Saturday, May 5th
Championship Game, Winner Game #7 vs Winner Game #8
3rd Place Game, Loser Game #7 vs Loser Game #8
5th Place Game, Winner Game #5, Winner Game #6

Go Postal

tevez

If you want to talk about the shadyness related to voting on conference seeds, you need to look no farther than some of the coaches and ADs in the 5A East. These gents (Nettleton, Paragould, GCT, Wynne) got together and decided to try to put one over on Batesville.

Follow me here...Batesville and Beebe were only scheduled to play 1 game after a storm postponed the first one. These particular 5A coaches planned on reporting both teams to the AAA about not playing their full schedule of blended games and in turn BOTH would have been ineligible for post season.

The shady part about it was the plan to keep this under wraps until during the conference meeting for seeding and spring it on Batesville. Thankfully the Paragould AD came to his senses and informed Batesville and Beebe & Batesville scrambled to play both games back to back last week.

Shoul both have been played? Ok I'll concede that. But to try and screw over a team in your conference and another team as collateral damage so you can move up a seed. Well, That's just not very classy IMHO.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Go Postal on April 30, 2018, 03:22:17 pm
Any 5A West scores yet?

Game 1 Girls: Maumelle 5, Morrilton 0
Game 2 Boys: Morrilton 1(6), Harrison 1(5)
Game 3 Girls: Vilonia 3, Clarksville 0
Game 4 Boys: Clarksville 3, Vilonia 0

HP14

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 30, 2018, 09:19:53 pm
Game 1 Girls: Maumelle 5, Morrilton 0
Game 2 Boys: Morrilton 1(6), Harrison 1(5)
Game 3 Girls: Vilonia 3, Clarksville 0
Game 4 Boys: Clarksville 3, Vilonia 0

Wow... Morrilton VB beats Harrison.  That was not expected but I have not heard anything about Morrilton this year.  Thanks for the info.... 

jimmyt

Quote from: tevez on April 30, 2018, 03:31:37 pm
If you want to talk about the shadyness related to voting on conference seeds, you need to look no farther than some of the coaches and ADs in the 5A East. These gents (Nettleton, Paragould, GCT, Wynne) got together and decided to try to put one over on Batesville.

Follow me here...Batesville and Beebe were only scheduled to play 1 game after a storm postponed the first one. These particular 5A coaches planned on reporting both teams to the AAA about not playing their full schedule of blended games and in turn BOTH would have been ineligible for post season.

The shady part about it was the plan to keep this under wraps until during the conference meeting for seeding and spring it on Batesville. Thankfully the Paragould AD came to his senses and informed Batesville and Beebe & Batesville scrambled to play both games back to back last week.

Shoul both have been played? Ok I'll concede that. But to try and screw over a team in your conference and another team as collateral damage so you can move up a seed. Well, That's just not very classy IMHO.

That is ridiculous that a few coaches and ADs would stoop so low. That would have made 4 teams of kids ineligible all for what? What are we teaching kids if that is the kind of thing that coaches and administrators are doing.

sevenof400

Quote from: tevez on April 30, 2018, 03:31:37 pm

Trust me in that Batesville could have equally brought an issue to light and invalidated the seedings. 
Take a look at this from the AAA Handbook:

Quote....Rule 6. CERTIFYING TEAMS TO STATE TOURNAMENT. 6A and 5A will be combined into districts for
regular season play. Each district shall play a double round-robin schedule.

After district play, 6A and 5A teams will return to their conference to participate in a conference tournament.
Coaches from each assigned conference will meet to seed teams in the conference tournament.
Upon completion of the conference tournament, the top six teams from 6A and the top four teams from 5A will qualify for state tournaments.
7A shall determine the method of certifying the top six teams in each conference to the state tournament.
4A shall determine the method of certifying the top four teams in each conference to the state tournament.

From what I heard from afar, a good number of conference seedings could have been thrown out on that criteria.

Mijally2

Quote from: soccerfan3 on April 27, 2018, 03:15:01 pm
5A South is being played at Hope on April 30 and at White Hall May 1-2

April 30th at Hope
Game 1: Girls Play-In Game Hot Springs vs. Hope  4:30 pm
Game 2: Boys Play-In Game White Hall vs Hope  6:30 pm

May 1 Girls at White Hall
Game 3: Lakeside vs White Hall 2:00 pm
Game 4: Dequeen vs winner of Game 1  4:00 pm

May 1 Boys at White Hall
Game 5: Dequeen vs winner of Game 2 6:00 pm
Game 6: Hot Springs vs. Lakeside 8:00 pm

May 2 Girls at White Hall
Game 7: Winner of game 3 vs Winner of Game 4  2:00 pm
Game 8: Loser of Game 3 vs Loser of Game 4 4:00 pm

May 2 Boys at White Hall
Game 9: Winner of Game 5 vs Winner of Game 6 6:00 pm
Game 10:  Loser of Game 5 vs Loser of Game 6 8:00 pm
Does anyone have the scores from these games from last night?

BullDogFan72

May 02, 2018, 09:48:26 am #21 Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:04:51 am by BullDogFan72
Quote from: BullDogFan72 on April 30, 2018, 08:35:32 am
6A West Boys Conference Tournament

Saturday, April 28th
Game #1, [1] Siloam Springs - 13 vs [8] Texarkana - 0
Game #2, [4] El Dorado - 1 vs [5] Greenwood - 2
Game #3, [2] Russellville - No Score Posted vs [7] Sheridan
Game #4, [3] Benton - 6 vs [6] Lake Hamilton - 0
Tuesday, May 1st
Game #5, [4] El Dorado vs [8] Texarkana
Game #6, [6] Lake Hamilton - 1 vs [7] Sheridan - 2
Game #7, Siloam Springs - 3 vs [5] Greenwood - 0
Game #8, [2]Russellville - 4 vs [3] Benton - 1
Saturday, May 5th
Championship Game, [1] Siloam Springs vs [2] Russellville
3rd Place Game, [3] Benton vs [5] Greenwood
5th Place Game, [4] El Dorado vs [7] Sheridan

The Coach

May 02, 2018, 09:49:57 am #22 Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:52:56 am by The Coach
Quote from: Mijally2 on May 02, 2018, 08:35:32 am
Does anyone have the scores from these games from last night?

Hot Springs beat Lakeside 4-2 I believe

6A west Russellville beat Benton 4-1 it didn't go to pk's

Mijally2

Quote from: The Coach on May 02, 2018, 09:49:57 am
Hot Springs beat Lakeside 4-2 I believe

6A west Russellville beat Benton 4-1 it didn't go to pk's
Thanks

The Coach

Quote from: Mijally2 on May 02, 2018, 10:02:45 am
Thanks

Hot Springs is playing DQ in the championship game I know.

ARSOCCER2017

DQ Vs Hot Springs (First Place)
Lakeside Vs. Hope (Third Place)

HP14

Maumelle vs Morrilton (First)
Clarksville vs Greenbrier (Third)

Not exactly the match ups expected...

RazorDad

LRCA vs PA  (First)
Beebe vs Parkview (Third)

As expected, once the seedings were announced.

VHSCoach2

May 02, 2018, 10:04:06 pm #28 Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 08:36:33 am by VHSCoach2
What we know so far for 5A...

South Girls:
1. De Queen, 2. Lakeside, 3. Hope, 4. White Hall

South Boys:
1. Hot Springs, 2. De Queen, 3. Hope, 4. Lakeside

Central Girls:
1. Little Rock Christian Academy, 2. Pulaski Academy, 3. Beebe, 4. Sylvan Hills

Central Boys:
1. Pulaski Academy, 2. Little Rock Christian Academy, 3. Parkview, 4. Beebe

West Girls:
1. Harrison, 2. Maumelle, 3. Greenbrier, 4. Vilonia

West Boys:
1. Maumelle, 2. Morrilton, 3. Clarksville, 4. Greenbrier

East Girls:
1. Valley View, 2. Batesville
3/4. Paragould/Greene County Tech

East Boys:
1. Valley View, 2. Batesville, 3. Paragould, 4. Nettleton

pantherdad

May 03, 2018, 07:22:47 am #29 Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 07:24:50 am by pantherdad

Saturday, April 28th
Tuesday, May 1st
Game #5, [5] Texarkana 3 vs [8] Lake Hamilton 2
Game #6, [3] Russellville 5 vs [7] Sheridan 0
Game #7, [1] Siloam Springs 3 vs [4] El Dorado 0
Game #8, [2] Benton 6 vs [6] Greenwood 0
Saturday, May 5th
Championship Game, Siloam Springs vs Benton
3rd Place Game, El Dorado vs Greenwood
5th Place Game, Russellville vs Texarkana

Any news for the 6A East girls?

BullDogFan72

6A Boys Conference Championships and Seeding Games

West
Championship: [1] Russellville vs [2] Siloam Springs
Seeding Game: [3] Benton vs [5] Greenwood (Winner-W3, Loser-W4)
Seeding Game: [4] El Dorado vs [7] Sheridan (Winner-W5, Loser-W6)

East
Championship: [1] Jonesboro vs [2] Mt. Home
Seeding Game: [3] Searcy vs [4] Hall (Winner-E3, Loser-E4)
Seeding Game: [5] Marion vs [7] Jacksonville (Winner-E5, Loser-E6)

* Please correct me on any mistake with seeding game participants or their conference seeding for East Games

TheGoalkeeper13

Quote from: BullDogFan72 on May 03, 2018, 11:24:03 am
6A Boys Conference Championships and Seeding Games

West
Championship: [1] Russellville vs [2] Siloam Springs
Seeding Game: [3] Benton vs [5] Greenwood (Winner-W3, Loser-W4)
Seeding Game: [4] El Dorado vs [7] Sheridan (Winner-W5, Loser-W6)

East
Championship: [1] Jonesboro vs [2] Mt. Home
Seeding Game: [3] Searcy vs [4] Hall (Winner-E3, Loser-E4)
Seeding Game: [5] Marion vs [7] Jacksonville (Winner-E5, Loser-E6)

* Please correct me on any mistake with seeding game participants or their conference seeding for East Games
Championship: [1] Jonesboro vs [3] Mt. Home
Seeding Game: [2] Searcy vs [4] Hall
Seeding Game: [5] Marion vs [6] Jacksonville

Corrections made ;)

BullDogFan72

Quote from: TheGoalkeeper13 on May 03, 2018, 01:46:27 pm
Championship: [1] Jonesboro vs [3] Mt. Home
Seeding Game: [2] Searcy vs [4] Hall
Seeding Game: [5] Marion vs [6] Jacksonville

Corrections made ;)

Thanks TheGoalKeeper13!  It's hard sometimes to tell.  I didn't have the bracket, so I was just going by MaxPreps.

Colt

Quote from: pantherdad on May 03, 2018, 07:22:47 am

Saturday, April 28th
Tuesday, May 1st
Game #5, [5] Texarkana 3 vs [8] Lake Hamilton 2