• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 State Tournaments Hub - Please Post State Tournament Scores (for ALL Classifications) Here!

Started by VHSCoach2, April 27, 2018, 01:19:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

AirWarren

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 11, 2018, 01:34:48 pm
3-0 Warren. 2 min left. That's the ball game.

3-0 Warren final.

Warren advances to semi finals.

Awaits the winner of Dardanelle/Monticello.

Go Postal

Go Postal

Scorpius

Go Postal

The Coach

Scorpius

PA 2
Clarksville 2

~20 minutes left

Go Postal

Scorpius

PA 2
CHS 2
End of regulation

Wish I was there.

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on May 11, 2018, 02:18:08 pm
Warren advances to semi finals.

Awaits the winner of Dardanelle/Monticello.

Last year's game with Dardanelle we were without our leading scorer due to suspension. I think nerves also really got to them. I think it'll be a better game tomorrow.

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on May 11, 2018, 05:41:45 pm
Last year's game with Dardanelle we were without our leading scorer due to suspension. I think nerves also really got to them. I think it'll be a better game tomorrow.

I hope we can match the sand lizard intensity. I suspect Warren will be ready.

MDXPHD

Quote from: AirWarren on May 11, 2018, 09:00:12 pm
I hope we can match the sand lizard intensity. I suspect Warren will be ready.

I'll give updates for this game. Just score changes and halftime probably.

AirWarren

chaoslord

Bracket Challenge update

4A Girls Looks to be a two horse race, if CAC wins today, ArkansasSportsFan will be champ, otherwise it'll be Fussballer.

4A Boys is a huge cluster of folks having picked Dardanelle to win it all. ArkansasSportsFan is in first currently with "Dardanelle Takes it" and The Coach in second and third.

5A Girls has Just1Coach in first and The Coach in second.

5A Boys is Fussballer in first, Clueless in second, and The Coach in third. Still one person with a Clarksville champion out there lurking, too!

6A Girls Pantherdad and Untitled are still perfect.

6A Boys The Coach and Pantherdad are perfect still

7A Girls THree way tie for first by RazorDad, Pantherdad, and "Untitled"

7A Boys  The Coach and "Untitled" are tied for first.

AirWarren

LETS GO JACKS!

Anyone have any information on each teams leading scorer etc?

Go Postal

MDXPHD

CAC up 4-2. Dardanelles scores off back to back corners in about a 3 min span.

MDXPHD

CAC scores again. Girl ran about 80 yards with the ball and beat everyone with her speed. 5-2 with 13 left.

Go Postal

MB Hog

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 12, 2018, 11:58:17 am
Dang privates are at it again!
Aww, don't give me that.  My daughter graduated last year... we had to play Harrison all four years and only beat them once... only to lose to LRCA in the finals.  Point is, Harrison (public) knocked us out three out of four years.  PA was due.   :)

MDXPHD

Quote from: MB Hog on May 12, 2018, 12:12:53 pm
Aww, don't give me that.  My daughter graduated last year... we had to play Harrison all four years and only beat them once... only to lose to LRCA in the finals.  Point is, Harrison (public) knocked us out three out of four years.  PA was due.   :)

I was kidding. (Kind of! Haha). Harrison has a phenomenal girls program. Are they they only 5A public school your daughter lost to? I would assume VV and Maumelle are the only others with a chance.

MDXPHD

MDXPHD

MDXPHD

Warren just hit the post, then there was a deflection on the next attempt, then a great save by dardanelle keep. Still tied at 1, but warren almost took the lead!

MDXPHD

MB Hog

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 12, 2018, 12:20:29 pm

I was kidding. (Kind of! Haha). Harrison has a phenomenal girls program. Are they they only 5A public school your daughter lost to? I would assume VV and Maumelle are the only others with a chance.
Hmmm - good question.  In the playoffs, yes, because LRCA beat us in the finals the only year Harrison didn't beat us.

In regular season, it's hard to remember for sure... and who was what classification.  For example, I know we lost to Bryant and Searcy, but they were 7A and 6A.

We beat VV the only time we played them (regular season).  We did lose to Maumelle last year, but probably wouldn't have normally.  We were up 3-1 at the half, but our goalie had to leave for another school commitment at the half.  Our coach decided to put our best offensive player in the goal for the second half (because she is fearless) and we couldn't keep the ball on the offensive side of the field after that, so Maumelle got tons of opportunities in the second half and got three goals to take a late lead, and the game, 4-3.  In retrospect, we should have kept the offensive player at her regular position to keep the pressure on instead of going into a passive mode.

I can't remember another 5A public team beating us, but I could be forgetting.   Thing is, it wouldn't have been in conference (where most of our 5A games are played) since the Central division is not very strong outside of PA and LRCA... Sylvan Hills is usually decent.  They are always well-coached and they play very hard, but ultimately not quite good enough to beat PA in the years my daughter was there.  If we had to play Valley View every year, they probably would have beaten us at least once.

Still sad we never got a championship while my daughter was there.  Made it to the finals three years, but couldn't quite close out that last game.  Didn't make it to the finals last year, but we had a depth problem when one starting Sophomore defender transferred to LR Central, another starting Senior defender (2-time All-State) decided not to play so she could focus on volleyball, and a starting Senior forward (3-time All-State) decided not to play so she could focus on basketball.  Needless to say, I can't help but wonder what might have been... but that's just how the ball bounces sometimes.

MDXPHD

Quote from: MB Hog on May 12, 2018, 12:44:29 pm
Hmmm - good question.  In the playoffs, yes, because LRCA beat us in the finals the only year Harrison didn't beat us.

In regular season, it's hard to remember for sure... and who was what classification.  For example, I know we lost to Bryant and Searcy, but they were 7A and 6A.

We beat VV the only time we played them (regular season).  We did lose to Maumelle last year, but probably wouldn't have normally.  We were up 3-1 at the half, but our goalie had to leave for another school commitment at the half.  Our coach decided to put our best offensive player in the goal for the second half (because she is fearless) and we couldn't keep the ball on the offensive side of the field after that, so Maumelle got tons of opportunities in the second half and got three goals to take a late lead, and the game, 4-3.  In retrospect, we should have kept the offensive player at her regular position to keep the pressure on instead of going into a passive mode.

I can't remember another 5A public team beating us, but I could be forgetting.   Thing is, it wouldn't have been in conference (where most of our 5A games are played) since the Central division is not very strong outside of PA and LRCA... Sylvan Hills is usually decent.  They are always well-coached and they play very hard, but ultimately not quite good enough to beat PA in the years my daughter was there.  If we had to play Valley View every year, they probably would have beaten us at least once.

Still sad we never got a championship while my daughter was there.  Made it to the finals three years, but couldn't quite close out that last game.  Didn't make it to the finals last year, but we had a depth problem when one starting Sophomore defender transferred to LR Central, another starting Senior defender (2-time All-State) decided not to play so she could focus on volleyball, and a starting Senior forward (3-time All-State) decided not to play so she could focus on basketball.  Needless to say, I can't help but wonder what might have been... but that's just how the ball bounces sometimes.

It is unfortunate that your daughter didn't win one and you're right - sometimes things happen out of our control! I'm sure she and her team had more success than the majority of high school players so there's a lot to be proud of!

MDXPHD

Handball in the box on Warren just 1 min into the second half. Dardanelle hit the post. Still 2-1.

MB Hog

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 12, 2018, 12:48:51 pm
It is unfortunate that your daughter didn't win one and you're right - sometimes things happen out of our control! I'm sure she and her team had more success than the majority of high school players so there's a lot to be proud of!
Thanks!  And you are absolutely right.  Plenty to be proud of.  She played for a club team (Arkansas United) that was an outstanding team.  They won state every year and got to go to Southern Regionals multiple times.  And she did make All-State herself her senior year, so that was nice.  I know I'm bragging on her a bit now, but to make your point that there is plenty to be proud of.   :D

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Quick roundup of all the semi-final scores so far today:

4AG: CAC 5, Dardanelle 2
4AB: Warren 3, Dardanelle 1
5AG: Pulaski Academy 4, Harrison 3
5AB: Lakeside 3, LRCA 2
6AG: Benton 1, Mountain Home 0
6AB: Russellville 4, Jonesboro 3
7AG: Bryant 1, Bentonville 0; Rogers 2, Southside 1
7AB: Northside 2, Springdale 1; Rogers 1, Catholic 0

AirWarren

chaoslord

The Coach

Dardanelle's SR Boys Class finishes their careers with 4 straight undefeated conference championships (44-0), 4 straight Semi-Finals Appearances, 2 State Titles, state tourney record of 12-2 and an overall record of 72-9-6!! Pretty dang good group of soccer players!! Congrats Warren on a very well played game and a well deserved victory today!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas