• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Van Buren Open

Started by AT, April 05, 2018, 08:22:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Another 7A job opens up. Werner takes a job in Oklahoma (Muskogee-Hilldale)

nsuqb10

Didn't this guy say he was gonna turn Van Buren into a winner?

jking7

April 05, 2018, 09:42:21 pm #3 Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 09:50:26 pm by jking7
As a Pointer fan I can't say I'm shocked.. It's been a revolving door for years.. we have been a miserable football program for almost 20 years with one winning season since 2000 I believe.. whoever we hire will have a heck of a job to do that's for sure..

beach bum

Quote from: nsuqb10 on April 05, 2018, 08:46:45 pm
Didn't this guy say he was gonna turn Van Buren into a winner?

More snake oil salesman talk....

beach bum

April 05, 2018, 10:28:39 pm #5 Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:32:33 pm by beach bum
I always see Crawford County as a whole as a strange little football dynamic. You have the Hwy 59 teams in Van Buren and Cedarville who are yearly strugglers for 2 decades now each if not more. Then you have their neighbors to the east in Alma and Mountainburg who just have way better football culture in their towns. Alma may not be what is once was in its past, but you can still count on them to have a solid product every year practically and compete well in the 5A West. Ever since Arkansas went to 7 classifications a little over a decade ago Mountainburg has been as steady as they come in the 4-2A being solid .... The only explanation I can come up with is the football culture is just better in those two towns and more community and school support for the programs. Also, throw in Mountainburg has steady leadership for almost uncountable years in its coaching which is invaluable. Van Buren and Cedarville has been a revolving door. Whoever takes this Van Buren job has their hands full trying to win in the 7A with what they have to work with in Van Buren.

Danold Dump

Van Buren vs. Mountain Home for 7a title next year..You heard it from Dump first....We are talking about horseshoes correct?  Dump out. 

doggieskoot2

Greg Kendrick to VB?  Going home?  speculation.....................................

nsuqb10

Man they laid Werner a lot of money to lose

beach bum

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on April 06, 2018, 11:10:02 am
Greg Kendrick to VB?  Going home?  speculation.....................................

Oh wow, I did not think of that aspect. Charleston would be such a hard place to leave with the program they have, but that is something certainly to think about.

Coach Jones

Besides Rick Jones, has there been an out of state coach that has been hired that stuck around and been successful?

nsuqb10

Grizzlyfan

Word around town is that Casey Dick applied.

RZback

Maybe these schools should look a little harder at in state coaches and be a little more sure that they are going to hang around.  Werner had been at a lot of schools, a lot of schools. 
Casey Dick?  What's he been doing?

jking7

April 12, 2018, 02:33:46 pm #14 Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 02:35:48 pm by jking7
Quote from: RZback on April 12, 2018, 02:20:09 pm
Casey Dick?  What's he been doing?
Casey Dick is currently the Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach at Bentonville West.

RZback

37 wins in the past 17 years  and 1 winning season. AT an average of 2.1 a year, Casey best stay in Bentonville. 

humphd2

One selling point is that they finally move back to 6A in 2020.

RZback

Great!  They only have two more years of getting blown out before they might be able to win a few games.

humphd2

Sports fans that think they know everything make me laugh.  Its amazing how you can see into the future.  Great job!

AT

Quote from: humphd2 on April 12, 2018, 08:26:26 pm
Sports fans that think they know everything make me laugh.  Its amazing how you can see into the future.  Great job!

Wait, sorry, how do we know they are going to 6A? Another split is for sure? Bentonville?

humphd2

I thought 2 Little Rock schools were combining which would put them into 7A Central and move one of the Fort Smith schools into 7A West.  That would send VB to 6A.  Who knows really?

jking7

April 12, 2018, 08:33:49 pm #21 Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 08:40:04 pm by jking7
Quote from: humphd2 on April 12, 2018, 08:31:32 pm
I thought 2 Little Rock schools were combining which would put them into 7A Central and move one of the Fort Smith schools into 7A West.  That would send VB to 6A.  Who knows really?
. That's what I've heard but honestly not seen anything solid on it.

beach bum

Quote from: humphd2 on April 12, 2018, 08:26:26 pm

Sir yes sir  ::)

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: jking7 on April 12, 2018, 08:33:49 pm
. That's what I've heard but honestly not seen anything solid on it.
Needed something solid on it, eh? Feast your eyes on this, then ...
http://www.arpreps.com/looking-ahead-the-2020-22-reclassification-cycle/

AT

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 12, 2018, 09:33:49 pm

Oh yes, I remember hearing about this now. McClellan and Fair become one.

jking7

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 12, 2018, 09:33:49 pm
Thank you very much. Guess I could have just used the power of the internet to find that..

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: humphd2 on April 12, 2018, 08:31:32 pm
It will be a dog fight for someone to split the FS schools into 2 different conferences.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: RZback on April 12, 2018, 05:39:07 pm
Great!  They only have two more years of getting blown out before they might be able to win a few games.
Moving down a class can only help, but remember over these past few years Van Buren has been beaten by every class, not just the 7A west.  5A Alma, 6A siloam springs, Oklahoma 4A Poteau.  etc.

RZback

If you know much about the AAA you know that they are apt to make changes in how things or typically done when it suits their needs. 

AT

Van Buren would be more competitive in 6A nonetheless, though. You make a good point Grizzly, though. I think once they get out of the 7A West slaughterhouse, they can be competitive every game.

Might be wrong. Has to be one of the toughest situations in Arkansas.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on April 13, 2018, 09:07:11 am
It will be a dog fight for someone to split the FS schools into 2 different conferences.
Under the current guidelines, there won't be much fight as all.
That move is inevitable unless the AAA handbook is completely rewritten or there is another extreme makeover of the classification alignments. You can't ask Conway to join the West or Fayetteville to join the Central, just to satisfy Fort Smith.
If Fort Smith wants to keep its schools in the same conference, you're probably better off building that third school — fast!

ricepig

Probably won't matter with the rate the LRSD is losing students......

nsuqb10

jking7

Quote from: nsuqb10 on April 17, 2018, 12:35:03 pm
Hearing dick?
I have a few people here in VB teling me that but I've not seen anything from a source at least not yet.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 13, 2018, 05:44:46 pm
Under the current guidelines, there won't be much fight as all.
That move is inevitable unless the AAA handbook is completely rewritten or there is another extreme makeover of the classification alignments. You can't ask Conway to join the West or Fayetteville to join the Central, just to satisfy Fort Smith.
If Fort Smith wants to keep its schools in the same conference, you're probably better off building that third school — fast!
Why is Conway coming to the west any more outrageous than BOTH of the FS schools having to go to central Arkansas?  And for football it's not that big a deal.  Baseball, soccer, it's a classroom and parent nightmare.

Touchdown God

Quote from: jking7 on April 17, 2018, 01:38:44 pm
I have a few people here in VB teling me that but I've not seen anything from a source at least not yet.

If they go with him that is almost as bad as the last hire. Giving it to a guy who has never called a play in a varsity game before. Oh yeah, nobody cares what he did for the Hogs.  :)

SUGARTOWN

Yep, Casey Dick was hired.

Brian G

Quote from: Touchdown God on April 17, 2018, 05:35:03 pm
Giving it to a guy who has never called a play in a varsity game before.
You would be incorrect with this statement.

Touchdown God

Quote from: B.G. on April 17, 2018, 09:35:23 pm
You would be incorrect with this statement.

Playing quarterback at Allen High School does not count. VB is a trap, 90k a year is not worth getting your head kicked in every week! Don't mind me while I take my $9,000 a loss and 21+ point beating. Go Pointers!! ;D

Brian G

Quote from: Touchdown God on April 17, 2018, 10:38:16 pm

Playing quarterback at Allen High School does not count. VB is a trap, 90k a year is not worth getting your head kicked in every week! Don't mind me while I take my $9,000 a loss and 21+ point beating. Go Pointers!! ;D
You have still missed my reference.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: B.G. on April 17, 2018, 10:56:23 pm
Striiiiiiiike two!!!!!!!!!

Cabotfan

Quote from: B.G. on April 17, 2018, 10:56:23 pm

So you're saying he called the plays at BvWest?

humphd2

According to some of you characters, Van Buren should just stop the football program.  Or shoot, just close the school.  I love it when people think they know everything.  Good thing the players don't see this crap! 

Madmax

Quote from: Cabotfan on April 18, 2018, 12:56:46 pm
So you're saying he called the plays at BvWest?

He was the offensive coordinator, so the assumption would be that he called the plays.

beach bum

Quote from: humphd2 on April 18, 2018, 03:48:13 pm
According to some of you characters, Van Buren should just stop the football program.  Or shoot, just close the school.  I love it when people think they know everything.  Good thing the players don't see this crap!

aye aye captain :D

RZback

Quote from: Madmax on April 18, 2018, 03:55:28 pm
He was the offensive coordinator, so the assumption would be that he called the plays.

You know what they say about when you assume!  Would not be first OC not to actually call plays.

Brian G

How many OC jobs do you think he's had?

beach bum

I am sure if he would have been patient in a year or two he could have landed a better job than Van Buren.... Just my humble opinion.

AT

Good hire in terms of excitement level. Not sure of what Coach Dick does in terms of offense and I guess no one knows his head coaching philosophy.

VB has had some talent. Their junior high has been great the past few years.

humphd2

VB just hired Crosby Tuck, Ex-Razorback, as OC/WR coach. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas