• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kirby vs Omaha

Started by BannerChaser95, February 26, 2018, 04:22:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

Kirby sits at 34-3 while Omaha comes in at 37-3... needless to say after the 5:30 matchup tomorrow a good team will be going home. So I ask you guys, who you got?

HorseFeathers

The fans should be the real winners

yesteryearman

February 26, 2018, 05:17:53 pm #2 Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 05:19:30 pm by yesteryearman
Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 26, 2018, 04:22:18 pm
Kirby sits at 34-3 while Omaha comes in at 37-3... needless to say after the 5:30 matchup tomorrow a good team will be going home. So I ask you guys, who you got?

Kirby by 22.........I think the coach's son wears #2 and Omaha will think there is two of them on the court....thus Kirby by 22......

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 26, 2018, 05:17:53 pm
Kirby by 22.........I think the coach's son wears #2 and Omaha will think there is two of them on the court....thus Kirby by 22......
He's a good player and an even better kid. His teammates open it up for him.  When they're hitting they're a hard bunch to beat. I'm taking Kirby by 8. I think it'll be a close game though!!

thebigman3

I they shut down Omaha big man... Kirby winning... if they don't... it's anyones game.

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

Kirby up before the tip 2-0

Don't touch the rims kids. T on Omaha boys team

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 27, 2018, 05:32:46 pm
Kirby up before the tip 2-0

Don't touch the rims kids. T on Omaha boys team
rigged

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

Kirby 32

Omaha 15
2:22 in the 2nd

Kirby 7/11 from 3

BannerChaser95

jsw6f0

Marty bringing the wood.

BannerChaser95

Kirby 46

Omaha 19
5:45 left in 3rd

J.D.

Just call off the match already.  Good Lord.

eamo8911

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 27, 2018, 06:12:19 pm
Kirby 46

Omaha 19
5:45 left in 3rd

Wow! It can't just be that they're worn out from yesterday, can it?

BannerChaser95

Kirby 54
Omaha 26

End of 3rd

BannerChaser95

hooperfromwestside

It's safe to say Omaha was overrated. Played a cupcake schedule and that's what that'll do for ya. Kirby is good no doubt. But didn't see any scoring threats on omaha besides mattock who was locked down. 3 defenders on him almost all the time. Surely if your one of the best teams around you have more than 1 scorer...right? Sorry but Omaha was that good to me

BannerChaser95

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on February 27, 2018, 06:38:14 pm
It's safe to say Omaha was overrated. Played a cupcake schedule and that's what that'll do for ya. Kirby is good no doubt. But didn't see any scoring threats on omaha besides mattock who was locked down. 3 defenders on him almost all the time. Surely if your one of the best teams around you have more than 1 scorer...right? Sorry but Omaha was that good to me
They beat a top 6-7 3A team by 27..

D6Bound

BannerChaser95

Quote from: D6Bound on February 27, 2018, 06:47:13 pm
what team?
Valley Springs. The same team Kirby lost to by 4 a week earlier.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 27, 2018, 06:49:22 pm
Valley springs is 3a. Good try lol

hooperfromwestside

I wasn't impressed at all. Kirby was hitting shots and Omaha just choked I guess.

D6Bound

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 27, 2018, 06:49:22 pm
Heard Valley Springs wasn't very good this year lol. Mind giving me some notable wins they had?

BannerChaser95

February 27, 2018, 06:57:43 pm #25 Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 06:59:53 pm by BannerChaser95
I'm not defending Omaha. But Valley springs is good! Always are. It's all they do, 28-9 on the season. Max preps has them currently at 11th in 3A. Not great but still a 27 point win over a basketball school 3A team isn't bad is it?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on February 27, 2018, 06:51:12 pm
Valley springs is 3a. Good try lol
... I'm pretty sure it says 3A team, maybe you missed that lol

hooperfromwestside

gotta be playing your
Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 27, 2018, 07:00:53 pm
... I'm pretty sure it says 3A team, maybe you missed that lol
Crap. Got me there. I just saw 6-7 and an a lol. My bad my friend

D6Bound

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 27, 2018, 06:57:43 pm
I'm not defending Omaha. But Valley springs is good! Always are. It's all they do, 28-9 on the season. Max preps has them currently at 11th in 3A. Not great but still a 27 point win over a basketball school 3A team isn't bad is it?
Bruh I would rather trust the NCAA eligibility rules than the Maxpreps rankings...

BannerChaser95

Quote from: D6Bound on February 27, 2018, 07:02:57 pm
Bruh I would rather trust the NCAA eligibility rules than the Maxpreps rankings...
Either way you look at it. Omaha best VS 20+ a week after Kirby lost to them by 4. And Valley springs isn't bad at all.. you can take that however you'd like.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on February 27, 2018, 07:02:48 pm
gotta be playing your Crap. Got me there. I just saw 6-7 and an a lol. My bad my friend
I figured that's what you saw. All good!!

BannerChaser95

I'll leave you with this.. does any team getting mercy ruled ever look great..?

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 27, 2018, 07:06:19 pm
I'll leave you with this.. does any team getting mercy ruled ever look great..?
You could usually see how a good team that got beat that bad had made it that far and got their reputation. But I didn't see any good things from omaha

GassvilleDragonfly

Omaha is a good team. They have played some of the better teams in the area and managed really well. The last two weeks have been rough on them with some injuries to players, and not being able to get anything going. They came back and almost beat a good Stratford, Missouri team, but a lot of the teams they play aren't exactly the best, due in part to the AAA splitting one of the historic conferences in north central Arkansas and putting Omaha with a bunch of the smallest schools in NWA. Their best in-conference competition was Alpena and Decatur. If they were in the conference they should've been in, they would've been a lot better prepared, even if they would have suffered a few more losses (ex.- Deer and Western Grove, two teams they only played in holiday or postseason tournaments to my knowledge).

yesteryearman

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 26, 2018, 05:17:53 pm

I guess I missed it by five........Kirby is now looking at either a too young team (IZZ) or Nevada who they have pounded twice already this year........then whoever comes out of quad 1, where a baseball school is wreaking havoc........so safe to say Kirby has punched their ticket to Hot Springs............

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 27, 2018, 07:10:25 pm
I guess I missed it by five........Kirby is now looking at either a too young team (IZZ) or Nevada who they have pounded twice already this year........then whoever comes out of quad 1, where a baseball school is wreaking havoc........so safe to say Kirby has punched their ticket to Hot Springs............
you never know.

D6Bound

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 27, 2018, 07:10:25 pm
excuse me but didn't Nevada only lose by 10 to Kirby at Kirby?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: D6Bound on February 27, 2018, 07:24:21 pm
excuse me but didn't Nevada only lose by 10 to Kirby at Kirby?
0 starters in the game for Kirby 1st 6 minutes on Sr night. But yeah it ended up only being 10!!

D6Bound

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 27, 2018, 07:38:44 pm
0 starters in the game for Kirby 1st 6 minutes on Sr night. But yeah it ended up only being 10!!
uhhhh don't they have three seniors that play and their two best players are seniors?

D6Bound

Oh wait...they START 3 seniors. Correction.

yesteryearman

Quote from: D6Bound on February 27, 2018, 08:06:45 pm
Oh wait...they START 3 seniors. Correction.

0, 2 or 3......it ain't going to matter......Izard is too young and Nevada is, well, they are Nevada.....always somewhat lacking in the  coaching department.....Kirby beats either one by 20+

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 27, 2018, 08:18:28 pm
0, 2 or 3......it ain't going to matter......Izard is too young and Nevada is, well, they are Nevada.....always somewhat lacking in the  coaching department.....Kirby beats either one by 20+

I said that about Nevada on here once...and got bashed for like a week because of it

yesteryearman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 27, 2018, 08:20:09 pm
I said that about Nevada on here once...and got bashed for like a week because of it

Well I guess I might be in trouble......but hopefully the bashers will be people who have seen Nevada play and therefore have a right to have a different opinion of how prepared they are to play at this level.  I have seen them play numerous times, and thus I have my view.......if you haven't seen them play then it should be difficult to have an opinion.

D6Bound

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 27, 2018, 08:18:28 pm
I'm willing to bet you anything on the dollar menu that Kirby won't be beating either of those teams by 20+...and I'm sure both of those teams are reading this and it's just gonna motivate them that much more lol

Moonshiner

If Kirby shoots it like they did tonight, they won't lose the rest of the way.
Very impressive.

doctor in the house

Kirby is the best class A team that I have seen so far this year.. Will be checking out Guy tmrw for the first time this season..

yesteryearman

Quote from: doctor in the house on February 28, 2018, 12:27:36 am
Kirby is the best class A team that I have seen so far this year.. Will be checking out Guy tmrw for the first time this season..

It is certainly Kirby's championship to lose......only hurdle they have is if they realize they are head and shoulders above the rest and start playing not to lose......they lost to Bay in 2015 and Guy in 2016...I figure they will exercise those past haunts this year.....cause they get the winner of Bay/Guy and when they beat the winner m they will have beaten both.....

yesteryearman

It is very apparent that Kirby's girls will also breeze to the finals.....and I wonder if AAA will schedule both Kirby boys and girls to play on same day in Hot Springs.....I figure they might so that other schools fans can get good seats on days Kirby isn't playing......For those who have seen all three teams play what chances will Kirby girls have against Wonderview or Norfork?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 28, 2018, 06:48:18 am
It is very apparent that Kirby's girls will also breeze to the finals.....and I wonder if AAA will schedule both Kirby boys and girls to play on same day in Hot Springs.....I figure they might so that other schools fans can get good seats on days Kirby isn't playing......For those who have seen all three teams play what chances will Kirby girls have against Wonderview or Norfork?
I wouldn't put it so easy that Kirby blows by Mammoth, Jasper, or MVE. The Kirby girls however would love to see Mammoth again after that early season loss. Mammoth girls seem to have gone down while Kirby girls have gotten better!!

HorseFeathers

Gonna give Kirby my bad luck prediction...

Imo based off of last night....the tournament is theirs to lose. .. but all it takes is an off night to go home this time of year...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas