• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trivia Question

Started by yesteryearman, December 13, 2017, 04:25:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yesteryearman

Name the only school in Arkansas to produce both a head coach and assistant basketball coach at University of Arkansas?

not so slim shady

Bomberman

Have no idea if this is right or not but I will go with.....    Van Buren

no mascot

BannerChaser95

December 13, 2017, 08:27:56 pm #4 Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:38:28 pm by BannerChaser95
Presley Askew (Head coach and Asst.) Van Buren!! Dardanelle and Valley Springs, both have had coaches go from Arkansas assistants, become Head coaches somewhere else. But not on the Hill!

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 13, 2017, 08:27:56 pm
Presley Askew (Head coach and Asst.) Van Buren!! Dardanelle and Valley Springs, both have had coaches go from Arkansas assistants, become Head coaches somewhere else. But not on the Hill!

No correct answers so far.........another fact.......this school also produced a high school coach who won the boys overall.....won't tell you at what school......that would make it too easy.....

BannerChaser95

Well Van Buren's Presley Askew was asst and a head coach on the hill. So I may be wrong with who you had in mind but apparently theirs more than one. Eugene Lambert, but he's not from texarkana he just coached there and he didn't win overall at texarkana in 29-30. Or did you mean Duddy Waller, his nephew who won overall state at magnolia Ted Waller 1985

So if you mean Duddy Waller from Emerson?

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 14, 2017, 01:24:52 pm
Well Van Buren's Presley Askew was asst and a head coach on the hill. So I may be wrong with who you had in mind but apparently theirs more than one. Eugene Lambert, but he's not from texarkana he just coached there and he didn't win overall at texarkana in 29-30. Or did you mean Duddy Waller, his nephew who won overall state at magnolia Ted Waller 1985

You got it......Prentice T. (Duddy) Waller, 1947.......Head Coach UofA..........Pat Foster, 1954, Assistant under Eddie Sutton....Ted Waller, 1966, won overall at Magnolia, and several other state titles, including Village ....

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 14, 2017, 01:24:52 pm

Askew was from Oklahoma......

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on December 14, 2017, 05:03:17 pm
Askew was from Oklahoma......
I guess I was confused, I didn't know if you meant coached at said program or graduated from said program. Askew graduated from OK but coached at Van Buren.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas