• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacob Roark and Colton Watson: Where Are They Now?

Started by BasketballNeverStops, December 09, 2017, 03:08:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

December 09, 2017, 03:08:57 pm Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:50:34 pm by BasketballNeverStops
For anyone who was curious as to what these two are at today:

Roark: In his junior season at Florida State College located in Temple Terrace, Florida. In the starting five and averaging 12 points a game. The Falcons are currently ranked #1 in the USCAA and are owners of a 9-2 record.

Watson: In his freshman season at Williams Baptist College in Walnut Ridge. Coming off the bench and averaging 6.9 points a game. The Eagles are 6-2 on the young season.

Thechosen1

Both very good players. Being from Bay and being a fan I've talked to Colton a few times since he's been at Williams. Saw where like you said averaging 6.9 points a game on 9 minutes a game. This is his first year of playing so I'm looking forward to catching some games very soon.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on December 09, 2017, 03:08:57 pm

Roark: In his junior season at Florida State College located in Temple Terrace, Florida. In the starting five and averaging 12 points a game. The Falcons are currently ranked #1 in the USCAA and are owners of a 9-2 record.

Watson: In his freshman season at Williams Baptist College in Walnut Ridge. Coming off the bench and averaging 6.9 points a game. The Eagles are 6-2 on the young season.

Dang....Didn't roark spend a semester somewhere else in between Harding and this Florida school?

BasketballNeverStops

December 10, 2017, 12:01:50 am #3 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 12:06:39 am by BasketballNeverStops
Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 09, 2017, 11:35:52 pm
Dang....Didn't roark spend a semester somewhere else in between Harding and this Florida school?
He had plans to go to William Jewell College in Kansas City until he suffered a knee injury. His buddy that he had played with at Harding transferred to Florida College and convinced him to come on down to the Sunshine State so they could play together. So far things are going great. Jacob has gotten the green light to showcase his shooting ability and he has had games where he comes close to totaling 20 in the scoring column.

yesteryearman

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on December 10, 2017, 12:01:50 am
He had plans to go to William Jewell College in Kansas City until he suffered a knee injury. His buddy that he had played with at Harding transferred to Florida College and convinced him to come on down to the Sunshine State so they could play together. So far things are going great. Jacob has gotten the green light to showcase his shooting ability and he has had games where he comes close to totaling 20 in the scoring column.

Did they ever face each other in a game?  I think that Roark is 2 yrs older?   so maybe when Watson was a soph and Roark a Sr?

yesteryearman

If Watson is coming off the bench then Williams must have some very good starting guards.  Watson was one of the best high school guards I've ever seen.

not so slim shady

Congratulations to both. Roark for keeping his collegiate basketball going. And, for Watson hanging in there and getting his started. I think both of these young men could get a college education and learn some valuable life lessons through playing basketball at the next level. Bodes well for 1A schools to have student athletes go on and be successful at college as well.

no mascot

teamworkwins

I'm very familiar with Roark and appreciate the update. I also think it's cool that these two men are playing college ball, but who is Watson? Where did he go to school? I have never heard of him. No disrespect meant. I just don't know who he is.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: teamworkwins on December 12, 2017, 08:49:17 am
I'm very familiar with Roark and appreciate the update. I also think it's cool that these two men are playing college ball, but who is Watson? Where did he go to school? I have never heard of him. No disrespect meant. I just don't know who he is.
bay maybe? Just guessing cause chosen1 came out of the woodworks?

thebigman3

Quote from: teamworkwins on December 12, 2017, 08:49:17 am
Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

OB11

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 12, 2017, 08:54:40 am
bay maybe? Just guessing cause chosen1 came out of the woodworks?

Played at Maynard, then Hoxie, then at Bay...if I have the order correct?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OB11 on December 12, 2017, 08:56:53 am
Played at Maynard, then Hoxie, then at Bay...if I have the order correct?

Hoxie then maynard then Bay.... Put on a show in the state finals his senior year....heck he put on a show most nights during his career...

OB11

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 12, 2017, 10:37:55 am
Hoxie then maynard then Bay.... Put on a show in the state finals his senior year....heck he put on a show most nights during his career...

Yeah that's right. Couldn't remember exactly. He essentially followed his brother (high school basketball coach) around to whatever school he was coaching.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OB11 on December 12, 2017, 10:40:17 am
Yeah that's right. Couldn't remember exactly. He essentially followed his brother (high school basketball coach) around to whatever school he was coaching.

Yep....Bay caught a lot of flack when he transferred there with his brother...

OB11

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 12, 2017, 10:43:39 am
Yep....Bay caught a lot of flack when he transferred there with his brother...

Especially after they hired him to be the girls coach and they ended up not fielding a girls team that year. Or at least not the entire season.

yesteryearman

What about Ballard from Guy?  Is he playing college anywhere?

thebigman3

Quote from: yesteryearman on December 13, 2017, 04:20:17 pm
What about Ballard from Guy?  Is he playing college anywhere?
Nope had a lot of offers but didn't wanna go to the next level.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Daddy eagle on December 13, 2017, 06:38:07 pm
Yeah he herd that in college they don't let you stand at half court while your team is on defense in anticiatation that they get it and threw it to you so you can try to dunk the round ball. I beleave in today's terms that's called "showbirdin"

Sort of a "one and done", only at high school level..........but Guy got another trophy out of it........

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Daddy eagle on December 14, 2017, 07:59:59 am
whatever dude there's no compitittion any more like when I played. Just a bought every team is soft.......if ur just the least bit tallented. Here ya go,,,, here's a state tournement vickery.

Fortunately, we put a little more emphasis on education and spelling these days

thebigman3

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Daddy eagle on December 15, 2017, 05:20:25 pm
Hope u fell better. Making fun of people on here

Going soft after bashing kids for being soft... Strange tactic

BigLion10

Prolly call you something that starts with jack, cause that's all you are apparently

BigLion10

Well, I sure hope you aren't a dad posting all this crap you are on here

bscinar

Quote from: Daddy eagle on December 16, 2017, 08:12:32 am
Speaking of soft,,,, you have the softest name on hear. Horse feathers. Lol. What a joke. My friends call me something else and it to begins with horse. Goooooo eagles
bashing / taking a shot at one of the best mods on here?  Not a good idea....

BasketballNeverStops

Update: Roark dropped a career-high 28 on Truett McConnell in 102-89 victory. Went 8-16 from floor, 6-13 from downtown, and 6-6 from charity stripe.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas